The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan - Does a Petersen defeat count anymore????

+12
hampo17
PPVxHOTTY
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
azania
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Valero's Conscience
bellchees
Super D Boon
88Chris05
Seanusarrilius
ShahenshahG
TRUSSMAN66
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Khan - Does a Petersen defeat count anymore???? - Page 2 Empty Khan - Does a Petersen defeat count anymore????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue May 15, 2012 2:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Has Khan got his reputation back without having to avenge his loss????....Even though he lost his p4p spot ..should he get it back???

Has his future legacy been affected or do we put his defeat down to cheating???

Or does petersen's defeat still count as Khan being exposed and his star being diminished and p4p status out of the window???

What does the Petersen saga do for Khan???

Do we just forget it happened and it's as you were????

Does a Petersen defeat count anymore??? I'm not sure it does!!!!!!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Khan - Does a Petersen defeat count anymore???? - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan - Does a Petersen defeat count anymore????

Post by azania Wed May 16, 2012 11:42 am

Mr Bounce wrote:I don't like Khan very much, but I dislike drug cheats more. It should be changed to a NC and the belts either handed back or made vacant.

I believe the boxing world will uncover a lot more of this sort of behaviour going on if random drug tests were brought in like athletics. Gaining a training & stamina advantage through PEDs is unfair and should not be tolerated. Strip the man!

It appears that some prefer drug cheats to prosper at the expense of Khan. Such blind hatred is sad especially given that boxing is an extremely dangerous sport.

azania

Back to top Go down

Khan - Does a Petersen defeat count anymore???? - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan - Does a Petersen defeat count anymore????

Post by The General Wed May 16, 2012 12:43 pm

The belts must be returned to Khan if there is no mitigating circumstances in Peterson's defence. Ignorance is certainly not one of them. He has admitted he knew it was testosterone before he took it so good luck getting out of that one kid.

Khan's reputation is another issue altogether. It's difficult to erase the memories of him struggling and looking lost against the pressure that Peterson was apllying(albeit drug enhanced).

In my view he is getting the gift of a huge reality check with the added bonus of probably having a defeat erased and his title back.. The question is will he embrace this reality check or will he continue to believe his own hype to the point where he dismisses of all the shortcomings highlighted in this fight.

The General

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed May 16, 2012 1:02 pm

Not sure whether there is sufficient protocal for returning the belts though??????

Isn't it standard for them to be made vacant!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed May 16, 2012 1:11 pm

Exactly as I stated Truss - give 'em back if the bodies deem it necessary otherwise make them vacant.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by The General Wed May 16, 2012 1:13 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not sure whether there is sufficient protocal for returning the belts though??????

Isn't it standard for them to be made vacant!!!!

I wouldn't know to be honest, but if indeed that is the case, long term it wouldn't do Khan any harm to have to swallow this bitter pill provided it pushes him to improve and acknowldge his shortcomings. The defeat surely must be erased though??

The General

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed May 16, 2012 1:16 pm

The General wrote:The belts must be returned to Khan if there is no mitigating circumstances in Peterson's defence. Ignorance is certainly not one of them. He has admitted he knew it was testosterone before he took it so good luck getting out of that one kid.

Khan's reputation is another issue altogether. It's difficult to erase the memories of him struggling and looking lost against the pressure that Peterson was apllying(albeit drug enhanced).

In my view he is getting the gift of a huge reality check with the added bonus of probably having a defeat erased and his title back.. The question is will he embrace this reality check or will he continue to believe his own hype to the point where he dismisses of all the shortcomings highlighted in this fight.

Khan is many things, but more importantly he is a damn hard worker and trains like a spartan. As for his shortcomings, he'll have to be working on them. He mentioned as such after the fight. I dont think he dismisses his shortcomings. He just doesn't admit to them in public and why should he? It would give his opponents an advantage for Khan to admit he finds it hard to fight on the inside.

IMO I dont think he can improve his inside game too much. He's just not good as an inside fighter and probably never will be. He has to improve his jab to keep opponents from bulling forward.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed May 16, 2012 1:27 pm

Not sure you're objective on Khan Mate........You're like an apologist...

It's like reading Azumah's opinion on Floyd....

Believe me he's got a lot to work on inside and outside the ring....

Lacks class in both..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The General Wed May 16, 2012 1:32 pm

azania wrote:
The General wrote:The belts must be returned to Khan if there is no mitigating circumstances in Peterson's defence. Ignorance is certainly not one of them. He has admitted he knew it was testosterone before he took it so good luck getting out of that one kid.

Khan is many things, but more importantly he is a damn hard worker and trains like a spartan. As for his shortcomings, he'll have to be working on them. He mentioned as such after the fight. I dont think he dismisses his shortcomings. He just doesn't admit to them in public and why should he? It would give his opponents an advantage for Khan to admit he finds it hard to fight on the inside.

IMO I dont think he can improve his inside game too much. He's just not good as an inside fighter and probably never will be. He has to improve his jab to keep opponents from bulling forward.

I get that point.. And I did consider most of what you said before posting. I'm just not sure how much of it he will or can take on board. He had similar issues with Maidana interms of trying to repell a bulldozer type opponent. I would have expected a far better showing when faced with a similar issue so soon after that fight. However the improvement didn't happen.. Why? Perhaps he underestimated Lamont, Perhaps Lamont was just superhuman due to the testosterone or perhaps it takes Khan too long to digest information which he is then able to put it into practice under pressure.

I agree he will improve.. but at what rate and what are the barriers to his learning?

The General

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed May 16, 2012 1:34 pm

Didn't happen because he was stupid enough to try to act macho and gave a sucker an even break...

The kid is thick that's his main problem to work on.....

He has enough natural assets to recover in other departments..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed May 16, 2012 1:36 pm

The General wrote:
azania wrote:

I get that point.. And I did consider most of what you said before posting. I'm just not sure how much of it he will or can take on board. He had similar issues with Maidana interms of trying to repell a bulldozer type opponent. I would have expected a far better showing when faced with a similar issue so soon after that fight. However the improvement didn't happen.. Why? Perhaps he underestimated Lamont, Perhaps Lamont was just superhuman due to the testosterone or perhaps it takes Khan too long to digest information which he is then able to put it into practice under pressure.

I agree he will improve.. but at what rate and what are the barriers to his learning?

I dont think Khan is a good enough boxer as many try to make out...or has the talent as many here claim he has. He's a good boxer but one fundermental flaw in his game which I dont believe hehas overcome is his inability to throw a jab that would act as a deterrant.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed May 16, 2012 1:38 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Not sure you're objective on Khan Mate........You're like an apologist...

It's like reading Azumah's opinion on Floyd....

Believe me he's got a lot to work on inside and outside the ring....

Lacks class in both..

Truss

You can dish it out, but when someone dishes it back at you you cry like a little girl. I suggest you try not to make it personal.

An apologist? Jacka$$

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed May 16, 2012 1:45 pm

Sad

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The General Wed May 16, 2012 1:56 pm

azania wrote:
The General wrote:
azania wrote:

I dont think Khan is a good enough boxer as many try to make out...or has the talent as many here claim he has. He's a good boxer but one fundermental flaw in his game which I dont believe hehas overcome is his inability to throw a jab that would act as a deterrant.

The jab would be useful I agree, but it's a deeper problem. Being able to remain calm in the face pressure. Panic in any fighter is a death nail in my view and it is certainly what serperates the great from the good. If he can calm himself, use tools like the jab he may still have a shot at greatness. Personally I don't see it happening.

The General

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed May 16, 2012 2:05 pm

I don't see it happening either for the reasons you give. He is talented but mentally he is weak(ish).

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed May 16, 2012 2:12 pm

I think the belts should be given back but I dont know if all sanctioning bodies employ that policy. The WBA returned Ruiz as champion after Toney failed a test. But the IBF made their belt vacant after Salido tested positive after beating Guerrero who was champion.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2