The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The best fights that can be made at each division? Heavy down to Lightweight

+3
azania
Josef K.
Seanusarrilius
7 posters

Go down

The best fights that can be made at each division? Heavy down to Lightweight Empty The best fights that can be made at each division? Heavy down to Lightweight

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 15 May 2012, 7:01 pm

In terms of best facing best

Heavyweight - Wlad v Solis - Contoversial maybe, but wont fight Vitali and has fought Haye
Cruiser - Huck v Hernandez
Light Heavyweight - Dawson v Pascal Rematch
Super Middleweight - Bute v Ward - Hopinf Froch puts spanner in the works
Middleweight - Martinez v Chavez Jr. - just to put this nonsense to bed
Light Middle - Alvarez v Cotto
Welter - Mayweather v Pac Man
Light Welter - Khan v Bradley - once Bradley gets beat and drops down
Lightweight - DeMarco v Guerrero

For excitement

Heavy - Haye v Chisora - yup I said it
Cruiser - Huck v Afolabi III - last one was amazing
Light Heavy - Pascal v Cloud is about as entertaining as you are likely to find with these lot
Super Middle - Froch v Pavlik -
Middle - Martinez v Golovkin -
Light Middle - Alvarez v Kirkland is mooted and would be great
Welter - Ortiz v Berto - has already shown its merit for entertainment
Light Welter - Rios v Marquez - just like the thought of Marquez countering his face off
Lightweight - Burns v Mitchell - even match, should be v entertaining too

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

The best fights that can be made at each division? Heavy down to Lightweight Empty Re: The best fights that can be made at each division? Heavy down to Lightweight

Post by Josef K. Tue 15 May 2012, 7:17 pm

Seem to have got it spot on there mate. Would love to see Rios Marquez for the same reasons. My appetite is well and truly whet for that Berto v Ortiz fight, a definite fight of the year candidate on our hands.

Josef K.

Back to top Go down

The best fights that can be made at each division? Heavy down to Lightweight Empty Re: The best fights that can be made at each division? Heavy down to Lightweight

Post by azania Tue 15 May 2012, 7:22 pm

I'd like to see Solis v Haye. Didn't Solis beat (KO) him in the amateur finals?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 15 May 2012, 7:27 pm

Doubt we'll see Ward vs Bute as he's signed to fight Dawson.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 15 May 2012, 7:29 pm

Josef K. wrote:Seem to have got it spot on there mate. Would love to see Rios Marquez for the same reasons. My appetite is well and truly whet for that Berto v Ortiz fight, a definite fight of the year candidate on our hands.

Cheers mate. Lots of good fights out there.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 15 May 2012, 7:57 pm

I don't think that Ortiz/Berto would be a similar fight. Both fighters will probably be cagey.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 15 May 2012, 8:28 pm

azania wrote:I'd like to see Solis v Haye. Didn't Solis beat (KO) him in the amateur finals?

It was an only in the amateurs kind of stoppage. On his feet and quite alright, just not answering back.

Chisora v Arreola woul be entertaining.
As would Mayorga v Margarito!

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 16 May 2012, 3:02 am

To be fair if it hadn't been in the amateurs Haye would have had him gone in 30 seconds, he was basically out of it for a good few seconds but the ref gave a standing count.

I really don't see Berto Ortiz being a great spectacle.

Watch the last 7-12 rounds and nothing before that and it was a pretty ordinary slightly boring fight, kinda what I expect in the rematch. The styles are all wrong for the fight to be good, the first one was just one of those rare fights where it just seems to work for some reason or another, well at least the first 6 were.

I expect a LOT of holding and mauling but not a great deal of work being dohe, always with the promise that it will get good, but never does.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 16 May 2012, 1:19 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:To be fair if it hadn't been in the amateurs Haye would have had him gone in 30 seconds, he was basically out of it for a good few seconds but the ref gave a standing count.

I really don't see Berto Ortiz being a great spectacle.

Watch the last 7-12 rounds and nothing before that and it was a pretty ordinary slightly boring fight, kinda what I expect in the rematch. The styles are all wrong for the fight to be good, the first one was just one of those rare fights where it just seems to work for some reason or another, well at least the first 6 were.

I expect a LOT of holding and mauling but not a great deal of work being dohe, always with the promise that it will get good, but never does.

I'm sure this will be the case. Whilst the 1st fight was good Berto's holding was so irratating!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 16 May 2012, 1:23 pm

Yeah, I suspect its partly to do with the fact that Berto appears to have little clue as to what to do when someone rushes at him in a southpaw stance.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down