The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ulster squad additions

+32
SecretFly
Thomond
JayMaster3000
humphstheman
Sin é
WillyGilly
Suspicious lurker
eirebilly
red_stag
Hookisms and Hyperbole
Kingshu
Pete330v2
marty2086
UlsterinKildare
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
BelfastDickVet
Artful_Dodger
asoreleftshoulder
geoff999rugby
Notch
trustedwomble
formerly known as Sam
Rory_Gallagher
Don Alfonso
logie28
rodders
The Great Aukster
Standulstermen
clivemcl
MrsP
Rava
geoff998rugby
36 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Ulster squad additions - Page 19 Empty Re: Ulster squad additions

Post by geoff998rugby Fri 11 May 2012, 9:29 am

First topic message reminder :

You did not imagine that - it was said. A few weeks ago too.

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 06 Jun 2012, 9:36 pm

MrsP wrote:Geoff,

I'm pretty sure that Asbo was merely disagreeing with your assessment rather than trying to question your integrity.

And anyway he's Scottish you know so....

Very Happy

He even wears a skirt. I know, I've seen it!

As we have seen from the recent post match celebrations of his National Rugby team, those folks up there can send out fairly mixed messages.

Who knew a "Glasgow Kiss" really was a sign of affection
?
Oooh, MrsP, I'm not fussy as to location ... kiss

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 06 Jun 2012, 9:46 pm

Erm

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed 06 Jun 2012, 9:53 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
geoff999rugby wrote: For what it is worth is John Andress's perception. HE felt on the edge of the squad.

He may be deluded but he was there and that is his belief.

Yes it comes from a third party but a third party who is a very good friend of his.

Your last paragraph is out of order - why don't you just come out of it and call me a liar warning

It is this sort of nonsense that drove me away from the the supporters site. I do get insights - sometimes they are wrong but often they are right.

I really cant be bothered with someone questioning my integrity. steam
I might even get a bit more work done if I leave.

There is already one Irish poster who is an obtuse pain in the arse - its not worth it to be honest.
geoff, if I wanted to call you a liar, I'd happily come out with it strait - it's like biltong always says, the guide on this forum should be that you should only say things to someone that you'd say to their face in a pub. So park your high horse over there, I merely suggested you tread carefully cos it's clear to everyone that lots of people on this thread treat your words with a certain reverence, so when you surmise or quote a friend of JA as this is what's going on at Exeter, well you couldn't be further from the mark as far as I am aware (first hand versus second hand) and I'd not be happy to have others misled as to what's happening at Exe. That is all, nothing more to be said Chief

Exeter are gash anyway
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 06 Jun 2012, 9:55 pm

Shut yer face boxing

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 06 Jun 2012, 9:55 pm

geoff, if I wanted to call you a liar, I'd happily come out with it strait - it's like biltong always says, the guide on this forum should be that you should only say things to someone that you'd say to their face in a pub. So park your high horse over there, I merely suggested you tread carefully cos it's clear to everyone that lots of people on this thread treat your words with a certain reverence, so when you surmise or quote a friend of JA as this is what's going on at Exeter, well you couldn't be further from the mark as far as I am aware (first hand versus second hand) and I'd not be happy to have others misled as to what's happening at Exe. That is all, nothing more to be said Chief

Which is why Stag should come onto this topic and post the crap he posted in the pub about Geoff and his contributions here. This is the second time he has made fun of a member of the forum behind their backs for a few immature giggles.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 06 Jun 2012, 9:58 pm

Simmer down Rory. A shouting match will help no-one. I know Stag, and he's a good egg. This is all just a misunderstanding; I wouldn't worry about it.

Lets just get back to talking about Ulsters signings... once there are some to talk about. Any updates on that geoff? Whistle
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 06 Jun 2012, 9:58 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:

Which is why Stag should come onto this topic and post the crap he posted in the pub about Geoff and his contributions here. This is the second time he has made fun of a member of the forum behind their backs for a few immature giggles.
Rory, furry muff, if that's how you feel, why not take that up with Stag personally via PM?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 06 Jun 2012, 9:58 pm

Notch wrote:Simmer down Rory. A shouting match will help no-one. I know Stag, and he's a good egg. This is all just a misunderstanding; I wouldn't worry about it.

Lets just get back to talking about Ulsters signings... once there are some to talk about. Any updates on that geoff? Whistle
Notch, you are good Laugh

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 06 Jun 2012, 10:01 pm

Notch wrote:Simmer down Rory. A shouting match will help no-one. I know Stag, and he's a good egg. This is all just a misunderstanding; I wouldn't worry about it.

He probably is, but that is twice now he has done this. I think he should post the stuff he has said about Geoff here. I have already spoke to him about this when he did the same to Clive.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 06 Jun 2012, 10:03 pm

I blame Willy for all this, the lad has obviously been on the sauce again RedWine
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Wed 06 Jun 2012, 10:05 pm

Na its all my fault, humps in not in oz, he's in NZ

My mistake lads sorry about that
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 06 Jun 2012, 10:06 pm

censored
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 06 Jun 2012, 10:10 pm

Hoog wrote:Na its all my fault, humps in not in oz, he's in NZ

My mistake lads sorry about that
So that'll be Carter and McCaw to Ulster then? You heard it here first ...

Not a bad pair of signings to be fair!

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 06 Jun 2012, 10:16 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:

Rory, furry muff, if that's how you feel, why not take that up with Stag personally via PM?

I am very busy preparing for an interview here As, haven't time to get into PMs and stuff. He can read it for himself.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 06 Jun 2012, 10:18 pm

Rory get back to your interview prep you mad man! furious

Good luck tomorrow mate! Remember... Be yourself!! OK guinness king
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Wed 06 Jun 2012, 11:12 pm

rodders wrote:Rory get back to your interview prep you mad man! furious

Good luck tomorrow mate! Remember... Be yourself!! OK guinness king

Thanks a bunch rodders - heading off to bed now, gonna try and get an early night.

Thanks again. thumbsup

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 06 Jun 2012, 11:13 pm

All the best for tomorrow Rory!

You'll be great!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Wed 06 Jun 2012, 11:24 pm

rodders wrote:I blame Willy for all this, the lad has obviously been on the sauce again RedWine

I've never liked you Rodders... boxing
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 07 Jun 2012, 12:11 am

Virtual guinness coming your way Willy! That should sober you up buddy! Hug
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 07 Jun 2012, 1:33 am

I do keep an eye on the UAFC for some things, one of which is summaries of the Q&A session at the URSC AGM. Recycling some of the main points from the AGM tonight; Logan seems to have confirmed we can't sign an NIQ ten at the IRFUs behest. Mark Anscombe is to arrive in the next few days and our friendly line-up is going to be Bayonne away, Leicester at home and Newcastle at home. A lot of stuff about the stadium expansion (that won't be news to Rava obviously)
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Thu 07 Jun 2012, 9:46 am

So no announcement as to the signing of the NOC, Herring and Botes triumvirate? Smile

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Thu 07 Jun 2012, 11:17 am

Rory_Gallagher wrote:

He probably is, but that is twice now he has done this. I think he should post the stuff he has said about Geoff here. I have already spoke to him about this when he did the same to Clive.

WHATS THIS THEN? Shocked

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 07 Jun 2012, 11:28 am

A storm in a teacup clive.... Rory will have to answer exactly to what he is referring, but I doubt knowing stag that its as bad as it sounds.....

Also can these things be sorted via PM or in the pub please? This topic has aleady been derailed with this sort of thing and it leaves a bad feeling on the thread guinness.

rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Thu 07 Jun 2012, 11:38 am

rodders wrote:A storm in a teacup clive.... Rory will have to answer exactly to what he is referring, but I doubt knowing stag that its as bad as it sounds.....

Also can these things be sorted via PM or in the pub please? This topic has aleady been derailed with this sort of thing and it leaves a bad feeling on the thread guinness.

To be honest, i doubt it would bother me overly. I just don't like thinking people have the wrong idea about me. When you have a perception of someone, you read everything they say with a slant towards the tone you expect in your bias of them. Some people are just far too pumped up on here. I guess I don't mind going OTT sometimes because i expect most people, like me to not care. But then it turns out they do, for some reason! Headscratch

So what if some guy called Clive throws a wobbly on an internet forum, why make a crusade of it!? And even most of the wobblies are more likely just simple irritations accidentally exaggerated by a poor choice of words...

I'm very level headed and friendly in real life. I guess people will just have to take my word for it. Fingers Crossed But I'm not going to lose any sleep over peoples opinions of 2D textual visual representation of my personality within the context of a sport forum!

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 07 Jun 2012, 11:42 am

clivemcl wrote:But I'm not going to lose any sleep over peoples opinions of 2D textual visual representation of my personality within the context of a sport forum!

Here here, much ado about nothing quite frankly.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 07 Jun 2012, 11:44 am

Happy times Hug guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 07 Jun 2012, 11:58 am

rodders wrote:Happy times Hug guinness

Indeed. So what news that Ulster's Iain Henderson has been signed by Leinster.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 07 Jun 2012, 12:00 pm

steam
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Thu 07 Jun 2012, 12:04 pm

red_stag wrote:

He has not Stag you naughty boy and you won't be catching us out with that one. He's one we'll not be letting go.

I want to hear more about our own intake, has anyone else heard of the Herring and Botes signings? NOC I'm still wishing to be a bad dream Sad

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 07 Jun 2012, 12:12 pm

Hehehe Hug lurve you boys.

Seriously though he is a real talent. Do not let him go and make sure that he gets game time.

Not wanted to drop names and I am aware of the Boy Who Cried Wolf but I was sat next to Niall O'Connor on a plane this season and he said it was tough to be in Galway when his missus was back in Belfast.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 07 Jun 2012, 12:18 pm

Pete330v2 wrote:
red_stag wrote:

He has not Stag you naughty boy and you won't be catching us out with that one. He's one we'll not be letting go.

I want to hear more about our own intake, has anyone else heard of the Herring and Botes signings? NOC I'm still wishing to be a bad dream Sad

Pete why so worried about NOC?
Hes done well at Connacht but he'll be well down the pecking order for getting in the team Jackson, Peinaar and Wallace are all ahead of him

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Thu 07 Jun 2012, 12:21 pm

red_stag wrote:Hehehe Hug lurve you boys.

Seriously though he is a real talent. Do not let him go and make sure that he gets game time.

Not wanted to drop names and I am aware of the Boy Who Cried Wolf but I was sat next to Niall O'Connor on a plane this season and he said it was tough to be in Galway when his missus was back in Belfast.

That romance story is almost enough for me to welcome him back! Sad Beautiful! heart

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Thu 07 Jun 2012, 12:24 pm

It's been pretty much confirmed that Jackson is the basket in which all of Ulster's eggs are being placed so he's our first choice 10. Pienaar will play there if asked when we're under pressure but one of the deciding factors for him signing for us was that he'd be playing at 9. Wallace is our best inside centre and it would be daft to slot him into the 10 shirt, if he's on the pitch he should have a 12 on his back.
NOC hardly did well at Connacht when he wasn't even the first choice 10. He didn't do anything to suggest his game has improved and when he left I thought it was the last we'd see of that particular dead wood.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 07 Jun 2012, 12:34 pm

That must be about the fourth or fifth time you have told us that you sat beside him Stag Whistle
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 07 Jun 2012, 12:41 pm

Rava wrote:

That must be about the fourth or fifth time you have told us that you sat beside him Stag Whistle

Yea but its my claim to fame and to be fair I have said it on several threads in the hope that new people will read it and think I'm as good at rugby as Niall O'Connor - the most unfulfilled talent that Ireland has ever known . . . .within reason.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 07 Jun 2012, 12:42 pm

He smelled of Bushmills whiskey and Aran wool jumpers.

That unique blend of Ulster and Connacht combined.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Thu 07 Jun 2012, 12:42 pm

Pete330v2 wrote:It's been pretty much confirmed that Jackson is the basket in which all of Ulster's eggs are being placed so he's our first choice 10. Pienaar will play there if asked when we're under pressure but one of the deciding factors for him signing for us was that he'd be playing at 9. Wallace is our best inside centre and it would be daft to slot him into the 10 shirt, if he's on the pitch he should have a 12 on his back.
NOC hardly did well at Connacht when he wasn't even the first choice 10. He didn't do anything to suggest his game has improved and when he left I thought it was the last we'd see of that particular dead wood.

I disagree Pete. I think with Wallace likely finished with ireland he will be available for first choice 12 the entire season. This is no good for the younger guys. I think theres 3/4 games in the season we could take a look at Marshall or Spence at 12 and use Wallace at 10 whilst giving Jackson a rest.

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 07 Jun 2012, 12:48 pm

You know Irish rugby is in trouble when even Niall O'Connor can attract groupies..... Whistle
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 07 Jun 2012, 12:51 pm

rodders wrote:You know Irish rugby is in trouble when even Niall O'Connor can attract groupies..... Whistle

laughing laughing
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Thu 07 Jun 2012, 12:53 pm

I wouldn't be so sure Wallace's Ireland career is over if he continues to show the form he has although it most likely is which suits Ulster just fine. If that means he gets more game time then I'd much rather see him utilised where he's most effective whilst still allowing plenty of room for rotation in our midfield if Cavey is to be promoted to the Irish ranks. Spence for me is a waste at 12 and is far better utilised at 13 or on 11. Marshall was always a player I was excited about and lets hope he can come back into the reckoning this season. So in short, there's plenty of room for Marshall and Wallace to share the 12 shirt and we may even see Jackson in there as well with some of the same rotation of Small Paul and St Ruan.
Mind you it's fresh eyes and a fresh mind that's coming in the shape of Anscombe so who knows what his thoughts will be about all that.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 07 Jun 2012, 12:54 pm

Rodders, you know Irish rugby is in a thoroughly healthy state of affairs when there are SEVEN flyhalves better than Niall O'Connor, talented as he is.

- Jonathan Sexton
- Ian Madigan
- Ronan O'Gara
- Paddy Jackson Whistle
- JJ Hanrahan
- Ian Humphreys
- Ian Keatley
- Niall O'Connor

Interestingly of those 8 flyhalves, only two of them have been capped for Ireland. Actually three I forgot that Keatley got two caps on a summer tour to USA once upon a time.

Last edited by red_stag on Thu 07 Jun 2012, 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Thu 07 Jun 2012, 12:56 pm

Staggy do you mean Paddy Jackson Smile Smile

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 07 Jun 2012, 12:57 pm

Freudian slip Pete thank you.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 07 Jun 2012, 12:57 pm

red_stag wrote:Rodders, you know Irish rugby is in a thoroughly healthy state of affairs when there are SEVEN flyhalves better than Niall O'Connor, talented as he is.

- Jonathan Sexton
- Ian Madigan
- Ronan O'Gara
- Rory Jackson
- JJ Hanrahan
- Ian Humphreys
- Ian Keatley
- Niall O'Connor

Interestingly of those 8 flyhalves, only two of them have been capped for Ireland. Actually three I forgot that Keatley got two caps on a summer tour to USA once upon a time.

Is that some kind of Outhalf/World Beating Golfer type hybrid Stag?

Whistle

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 07 Jun 2012, 12:58 pm

Nah got muddled up with the Scottish flyhalf MrsP.

P.S. - I think Paddy Jackson looks like Notch.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Thu 07 Jun 2012, 1:01 pm

red_stag wrote:Nah got muddled up with the Scottish flyhalf MrsP.

P.S. - I think Paddy Jackson looks like Notch.

Really?

Shocked

I think you need your eyes tested Stag!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 07 Jun 2012, 1:02 pm

rodders wrote:A storm in a teacup clive.... Rory will have to answer exactly to what he is referring, but I doubt knowing stag that its as bad as it sounds.....

Ignore.

Last edited by Rory_Gallagher on Thu 07 Jun 2012, 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Thu 07 Jun 2012, 1:03 pm

red_stag wrote:Rodders, you know Irish rugby is in a thoroughly healthy state of affairs when there are SEVEN flyhalves better than Niall O'Connor, talented as he is.

- Jonathan Sexton
- Ian Madigan
- Ronan O'Gara
- Paddy Jackson Whistle
- JJ Hanrahan
- Ian Humphreys
- Ian Keatley
- Niall O'Connor

And yet the IRFU refuse Ulster an NIQ 10!! steam

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Thu 07 Jun 2012, 1:04 pm

clivemcl wrote:

- Jonathan Sexton
- Ian Madigan
- Ronan O'Gara
- Paddy Jackson Whistle
- JJ Hanrahan
- Ian Humphreys
- Ian Keatley
- Niall O'Connor

Sorry, I hope you didnt think I was overreacting there what with my use of the wee emoticon...

Wink

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 07 Jun 2012, 1:05 pm

clivemcl wrote:
clivemcl wrote:

- Jonathan Sexton
- Ian Madigan
- Ronan O'Gara
- Paddy Jackson Whistle
- JJ Hanrahan
- Ian Humphreys
- Ian Keatley
- Niall O'Connor

Laugh

Sorry, I hope you didnt think I was overreacting there what with my use of the wee emoticon...

Wink

Laugh

Last edited by red_stag on Thu 07 Jun 2012, 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next