The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan vs Brook fight in future

+6
hogey
as1079
Valero's Conscience
manos de piedra
DoubleD22
Sugar Floyd Louis
10 posters

Go down

Poll

Khan vs Brook fight in future Vote_lcap9%Khan vs Brook fight in future Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
Khan vs Brook fight in future Vote_lcap41%Khan vs Brook fight in future Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 9 ]
Khan vs Brook fight in future Vote_lcap41%Khan vs Brook fight in future Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 9 ]
Khan vs Brook fight in future Vote_lcap9%Khan vs Brook fight in future Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 22

Khan vs Brook fight in future Empty Khan vs Brook fight in future

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Thu 17 May 2012, 11:41 pm

Who do you fancy and why?

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Khan vs Brook fight in future Empty Re: Khan vs Brook fight in future

Post by DoubleD22 Fri 18 May 2012, 8:16 am

If it were to happen any time soon my money would be a Khan decision,

I think it would be one of those fights where big fight experience is key which Brook does not have yet.

I cant really see Brook being the swarming type and really stalking down Khan and working on the inside(which imo is the best way to expose khans defensive skills)

If the fight were at long range id have to give the edge to khan with a high work rate & quick jab, I wouldn't say its an easy night as Brook has very quick hands a good array of punches which will win him a few rounds. As mentioned above though I think it will be Khans experience and high work rate that would get him the decision.

In saying that I would love to see Kell win and I do see a bright future for him and maybe with a few more testing fights he could build up to a khan fight where he'd be in a better position to get the win.

DoubleD22

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 18 May 2012, 8:25 am

They have been fighting at different levels so far so still alot left to find out about Brook.

Would take Khan reasonably comfortably at the moment. Hes fought at the higher level and I dont think Brook has the style that Khan struggles with.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 18 May 2012, 8:33 am

I've gone for Khan UD. It's hard to judge how far Brook will go so i'm basing it on their current ability whereby I would favour Khan by quite an easy UD but with a few scares along the way.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by as1079 Fri 18 May 2012, 8:46 am

As others have said, Brook is yet to dip his toes into world-level fights so would go for Khan right now. Don't think he has the power to knock Brook out though.

as1079

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 18 May 2012, 12:44 pm

I could see this being a pretty easy KO win for Brook, Khan would be starched once a big, fast and powerful welterweight starts to hits him cleanly. If Peterson could dominate him on the inside what chance does Khan have against a man who is even stronger and able to match him at distance as well. If i was Khan's management team i would avoid this fight like the plague because he is not well rounded enough or physically strong enough to keep Brook off of him.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleD22 Fri 18 May 2012, 12:50 pm

But what evidence is there to suggest that Brook would be able to cope with Khan's offence? Brook hasn't fought anyone who is close to Khan in terms of offensive skills.

DoubleD22

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 18 May 2012, 1:16 pm

Khan is fast but clearly is not a big puncher and he is not going to get any more power moving up in weight so i dont think it will be a great problem to a bigger fighter with a good defence. I think Brook has the better defence out of the two and is a more well rounded fighter able to mix it inside and out. Brook while his chin has not been severely tested has never looked troubled by any shots i have seen. I have no doubt Khan would land decent shots on Brook and visa versa the problem for Khan in my eyes is i think he will crumble under what Brook brings to the table, i struggle to see how Khan can win this without having the power to gain Brook's respect because make no bones about it Brook will catch up with him and then he will start to beat him up far worse than a moderate punching light welter like Peterson done.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 18 May 2012, 1:18 pm

Khan via runaway UD. Literally runaway!

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 18 May 2012, 1:23 pm

hogey wrote:Khan is fast but clearly is not a big puncher and he is not going to get any more power moving up in weight so i dont think it will be a great problem to a bigger fighter with a good defence. I think Brook has the better defence out of the two and is a more well rounded fighter able to mix it inside and out. Brook while his chin has not been severely tested has never looked troubled by any shots i have seen. I have no doubt Khan would land decent shots on Brook and visa versa the problem for Khan in my eyes is i think he will crumble under what Brook brings to the table, i struggle to see how Khan can win this without having the power to gain Brook's respect because make no bones about it Brook will catch up with him and then he will start to beat him up far worse than a moderate punching light welter like Peterson done.

What? Shocked

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 18 May 2012, 1:28 pm

I think Brook has just as much, perhaps even more, ability than Khan, but it would be unrealistic to pretend that, without the appropriate experience to hone that ability, it would count for all that much if he were to face Khan right now.

If the fight were made for 2012, I'd back Khan via a decision. We're yet to see how Brook would cope having to chase a fight, particularly against someone with comparable speed.

With a couple of genuine fights at world title level behind him, though, I'd favour Brook. I can see it being an outside fight for the large majority of it and Brook's timing and ability at judging / controlling distance are superior to Khan's. I could see it being a really classy affair.

Right now, Khan via unanimous decision, roughly four points up on each card. In a couple of years, if things go according to plan for Brook and he turns out to be as good as I genuinely think he is, then I think he beats Khan by decision, though with the scores slightly closer, just a couple in it on all three cards.

Last edited by 88Chris05 on Fri 18 May 2012, 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 18 May 2012, 1:29 pm

Mobilemaster, Peterson is an average, but certainly not big puncher by any stretch of the imagination. Unless you know something that he has not shown in 30 fights.

Last edited by hogey on Fri 18 May 2012, 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 18 May 2012, 1:30 pm

hogey wrote:Khan is fast but clearly is not a big puncher and he is not going to get any more power moving up in weight so i dont think it will be a great problem to a bigger fighter with a good defence. I think Brook has the better defence out of the two and is a more well rounded fighter able to mix it inside and out. Brook while his chin has not been severely tested has never looked troubled by any shots i have seen. I have no doubt Khan would land decent shots on Brook and visa versa the problem for Khan in my eyes is i think he will crumble under what Brook brings to the table, i struggle to see how Khan can win this without having the power to gain Brook's respect because make no bones about it Brook will catch up with him and then he will start to beat him up far worse than a moderate punching light welter like Peterson done.

Khan was robbed against Peterson. And who knows what effect the juice had on him.

For me, Brook is not quick enough in terms of footwork for Khan. You need to be a pressure fighter or beat Khan and that isn't Brook's style.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 18 May 2012, 1:35 pm

All through Khan's career fighters at every stage from domestic to world level have found him fairly easy to hit because his defence is leaky and his footwork goes after a couple of rounds (unless you count running away for 2 minutes of every round). I think if this fight ever happens Khan will get found out badly because i have seen very little from him over the last few years to make me think he is anything other than a well managed, decent but overated fighter.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 18 May 2012, 1:46 pm

hogey wrote:All through Khan's career fighters at every stage from domestic to world level have found him fairly easy to hit because his defence is leaky and his footwork goes after a couple of rounds (unless you count running away for 2 minutes of every round). I think if this fight ever happens Khan will get found out badly because i have seen very little from him over the last few years to make me think he is anything other than a well managed, decent but overated fighter.

Running worked well for Ali.

Brook has not fought a single world level fighter in his career. Hatton was british standard at best and N'dou was past it. Jennings was a borefest and glad the cut happened to stop the fight. Brook has shown me zero to suggest he can beat Khan.

I believe a move up to WW would suit Khan more and it will increase his strength and punch power/resistance.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by as1079 Fri 18 May 2012, 1:48 pm

As it is, Kell Brook has done little to suggest he has what it takes to match a world-class fighter. That's not necessarily his own fault but the fact remains his biggest fight thus far was against a rather average boxer in Matthew Hatton. Until he fights someone who'll hit him back, I'm not sure it's possible to gaufe exactly how he'll do.

I do agree with Chris, though, in that if Brook progresses how we all think he will, it would be a really good match-up, with - in my opinion - Khan being too quick for him.

as1079

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 18 May 2012, 1:54 pm

He key would be the jab. Both of these have great jabs and they are among the best jabber p4p in boxing

Brook has a stiff jab which his very accurate and sets him up whereas khan ha s a slightly weaker jab but he couples them together very well and used his speed to go of first

Its a toss up for me as its speed vs timing and whoever is superior in their categories win for me

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 18 May 2012, 1:56 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:He key would be the jab. Both of these have great jabs and they are among the best jabber p4p in boxing

Brook has a stiff jab which his very accurate and sets him up whereas khan ha s a slightly weaker jab but he couples them together very well and used his speed to go of first

Its a toss up for me as its speed vs timing and whoever is superior in their categories win for me

Khan has a great jab? Are you serious? I always say he has a terrible jab. He doesn't throw it with any authority and is used as a range finder as opposed to a weapon. Brook has a better jab as he throws it with authority.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 18 May 2012, 1:59 pm

Ali fought off the backfoot he did not scuttle away in desperation everytime he is hurt. Khan has shown me nothing to suggest he could handle a top class welterweight, lets be fair he hasn't really done that much himself. I mean look at his recent big wins Judah is finished and could not really ever cut the mustard against the top men, Maidana nearly beat him and he has been shown up as the limited slugger he is by Alexander and a well past it Morales and the good but not special Peterson managed to beat Khan. He has not had the stellar career to justify the hype that follows him and i am still a long way from convinced by the bloke.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 18 May 2012, 2:05 pm

hogey wrote:Ali fought off the backfoot he did not scuttle away in desperation everytime he is hurt. Khan has shown me nothing to suggest he could handle a top class welterweight, lets be fair he hasn't really done that much himself. I mean look at his recent big wins Judah is finished and could not really ever cut the mustard against the top men, Maidana nearly beat him and he has been shown up as the limited slugger he is by Alexander and a well past it Morales and the good but not special Peterson managed to beat Khan. He has not had the stellar career to justify the hype that follows him and i am still a long way from convinced by the bloke.

Are you suggesting Brook is a top class welter?

Judah was a belt holder and Khan did a number on him. Maidana lost. I'd nearly lose than nearly win. He fought Alexander at a weight he was uncomfortable with. And good that you mentioned alexander. The one who robbed Kotelnik and the same Kotelnik who lost via shut-out against Khan.

Are you also forgetting that Peterson probably had some kind of "advantage". Look, I've said many times here that Khan is over-rated. Lousy jab and zero plan B. But he delivers exciting fights and will to too much for Brook who imo is a boring fighter who lacks punch power to test the best.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Fri 18 May 2012, 2:07 pm

I do think Brook is a top welter, but clearly we will have to agree to disagree on this one mate, lets hope we get to find out soon though its a fight i would definitely pay to see.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Floyd Louis Fri 18 May 2012, 2:09 pm

Az you wait and see... Brook will beat Khan when/if they face! Very Happy

Sugar Floyd Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleD22 Fri 18 May 2012, 2:13 pm

For me one major factor is controlling the tempo of the fight.

If you look at brooks opponents he has always been in control and dictated the pace, I feel with Khan's high work rate you wont see the same Brook as you have in previous fights. As most have alluded to in a few years with a bit more experience of fighting high level opponents he stands a much better chance but right i think Khan will just be too much for Kell to handle.

DoubleD22

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 18 May 2012, 2:27 pm

It will happen in 2 years provided Brook can win and keep a belt long enough for Khan to take it off him.

Brook is a one dimensional fighter. Although that dimension is pretty good.Khan is better.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down