The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So Eddie, You Still Want To Offer Khan $5M To Fight Kell Brook???

+3
Steffan
ONETWOFOREVER
Strongback
7 posters

Go down

So Eddie, You Still Want To Offer Khan $5M To Fight Kell Brook??? Empty So Eddie, You Still Want To Offer Khan $5M To Fight Kell Brook???

Post by Strongback Sun 04 May 2014, 12:57 pm

Well maybe Eddie still does because it's a big money fight and he probably wouldn't mind sacrificing Kell if his end is big enough.

Anyway forgetting Eddie if I was Brook looking at that version of Khan I might be keeping stum. The live alternative Porter probably doesn't look that appetizing either especially judging by the way Kell's face dropped on Ringside 6 months ago when Porters name was mentioned.

It's all good for the fans especially those that have been watching Brook in anticipation over the last decade.

Does Brook have a chance with Khan?

Is Porter the boogie man?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

So Eddie, You Still Want To Offer Khan $5M To Fight Kell Brook??? Empty Re: So Eddie, You Still Want To Offer Khan $5M To Fight Kell Brook???

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 04 May 2014, 1:06 pm

Khan looked very good last night but hay lets be honest here Collazo was a joke. I give Khan credit for the cautious display but it was not a performance that blew me away.

Collazo walked Khan down for most of the fight which tells me he was not afraid of the power of Khan but at the same time Collazo never had any ability to do anything to his advantage. 

Brook will be a sterner test but he still can not match Khans speed which will be the factor as its the only weapon Khan has in his arsenal and of course I think we can all agree that Khans chin is still a problem and Brook would drop him should they meet.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

So Eddie, You Still Want To Offer Khan $5M To Fight Kell Brook??? Empty Re: So Eddie, You Still Want To Offer Khan $5M To Fight Kell Brook???

Post by Steffan Sun 04 May 2014, 1:12 pm

Khan would destroy Brook. This fight would be Brooks first defeat and would probably end in a KO as well. Brook has never boxed anywhere near Khans level. This would be a nice payday though for Brook as beating up all the Polish binmen for the last 10 years cant have earned him that much money. While it is unlikely Khan would beat Mayweather I would rather see him in the ring with Floyd that Brook

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Sun 04 May 2014, 1:21 pm

I'm still of the opinion that Brook is a huge hype job. 

Don't think he has world class power... Although it's hard to be sure as he still hasn't fought at world level!

Khan showed last night that he does have real power to go with the speed. He'll always be box office because of his skills coupled to his vulnerability. 

I've always had doubts about Khan over 12 rounds, in the past he's flown out at the start, won all the early stuff and then fades after 7. 
Last night he looked strong to the end. 

Really can't see Brook giving him any trouble at all.

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 06 May 2014, 12:09 pm

I see a very talented fighter in Brook who's achilles heel is his lack of power.. and as the fight progresses a fighter who's concentration goes on the wane a tad too much...

Also see see a guy who because he fights for Eddie takes a lot more crap than he should....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 06 May 2014, 7:45 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I see a very talented fighter in Brook who's achilles heel is his lack of power.. and as the fight progresses a fighter who's concentration goes on the wane a tad too much...

Also see see a guy who because he fights for Eddie takes a lot more crap than he should....

Brook took a lot of criticism for his opposition long before he joined Eddie.

As I read yesterday Khan has done more in his first fight at welter than Brook has since his pro debut.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Tue 06 May 2014, 7:50 pm

I don't know about anyone else, but it's all about Carson Jones 3 for me.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 06 May 2014, 8:00 pm

I was gutted Carson Jones 3 wasnt put as a final eliminator on the Froch v Groves rematch card. Completely put me off buying a ticket.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 06 May 2014, 8:02 pm

Boxtthis wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but it's all about Carson Jones 3 for me
It will probably happen. In Sheffield ofcourse. Brook needs more time until he steps in with Khan as he is only a prospect at the moment...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down