The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eddie Hean Tweets: $5 Million To Khan For Brook Fight

+6
Sam_London
hogey
TRUSSMAN66
Lance
owen10ozzy
Strongback
10 posters

Go down

Eddie Hean Tweets: $5 Million To Khan For Brook Fight Empty Eddie Hean Tweets: $5 Million To Khan For Brook Fight

Post by Strongback Tue 04 Feb 2014, 6:19 pm

When it was put to Eddie that Brook brings nothing to the table for Khan Eddie replied "How about $5m?"

Eddie Hearn ‏@EddieHearn Feb 3
“@Paulstevens1471: @EddieHearn Khan wont fight @SpecialKBrook he brings nothing to the table at the moment.” How about $5m?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Eddie Hean Tweets: $5 Million To Khan For Brook Fight Empty Re: Eddie Hean Tweets: $5 Million To Khan For Brook Fight

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 04 Feb 2014, 6:34 pm

Just seen that. Interesting tweet....will certainly go some way to stoking the fires for this one. Khan may well find himself needing Brook if this Mayweather fight doesn't go ahead...something you wouldn't have found yourself saying 12 months ago.

I think Khan knows the Brook fight is essentially always going to be there hence his reluctance to take it over fights in the states etc.

Win or lose against Mayweather, Brook will be viable, Eddie will still want it & the fans will still buy it so why not chase the Mayweather fight first.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Eddie Hean Tweets: $5 Million To Khan For Brook Fight Empty Re: Eddie Hean Tweets: $5 Million To Khan For Brook Fight

Post by Lance Tue 04 Feb 2014, 6:47 pm

Khan would take the fight i suspect. khan has many faults but lack of self-beief is not one of them.

Brook is the one who doubts himself and he is the one who has been treading water for the last couple of years, waiting for an opportunity to pick up a belt. Brook wont take the fight and Eddie is just saving face. He probably knows Khan is getting the Mayweather fight, so uses this as an opportunist moment to call Khan out

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 04 Feb 2014, 7:33 pm

Sounds like Promoter pie in the sky.........Bit like Manny saying he'll donate the Mayweather purse to charity....

Keeps him in the papers...Fat chance of it happening...Brook isn't going to earn Khan that kind of money..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Tue 04 Feb 2014, 7:38 pm

Khan will only take this one at a last resort because he knows a defeat to a domestic rival would be a stake in the heart of his career. It would be an incredibly risky fight for Khan because i really cant see him taking the shots of a decent punching full blown welterweight and make no mistake he would get hit plenty by Brook.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_London Tue 04 Feb 2014, 7:43 pm

Hmmm, does anyone really think Eddie Hearn is serious?

Sam_London

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 04 Feb 2014, 7:46 pm

No, not in the slightest. Brook will have never made that much in one fight so can't see Khan making that fighting him.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Tue 04 Feb 2014, 7:50 pm

Sam_London wrote:Hmmm, does anyone really think Eddie Hearn is serious?

Unlikely, but it would be a huge domestic fight that would sell well.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_London Tue 04 Feb 2014, 7:55 pm

hogey wrote:
Sam_London wrote:Hmmm, does anyone really think Eddie Hearn is serious?

Unlikely, but it would be a huge domestic fight that would sell well.

Maybe so. I think it would definitely be an intriguing match up. I just don't rate Brook. I think he would lose against Shawn Porter. He seems to wilt when the opponent hits back.

Sam_London

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 04 Feb 2014, 8:02 pm

Why $5 million? Why not 5 million pounds?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 04 Feb 2014, 8:11 pm

In fairness to Hearn a Promoter's job is to promote his fighter...

Any news is good news for a dull personality like Kell...........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Tue 04 Feb 2014, 8:28 pm

As if Eddie Hearn would put the bum Kell Brook in with Amir Khan?

Has Hearn run out of bin men for Brook to fight?

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 04 Feb 2014, 8:29 pm

No one uses "Mexican roadsweepers"......anymore.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Tue 04 Feb 2014, 8:42 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:No one uses "Mexican roadsweepers"......anymore.........
Easy tiger...

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 04 Feb 2014, 9:02 pm

Gerry SA wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:No one uses "Mexican roadsweepers"......anymore.........
Easy tiger...

Laugh 

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 04 Feb 2014, 9:09 pm

Bright side.......While he's laughing at me..At least he's leaving Eddie alone !!.. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 04 Feb 2014, 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 04 Feb 2014, 9:14 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Bright side.......While he's laughing at me..At least he's leaving Eddie alone !!.. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I wasn't laughing at you I was laughing at the exchange which was quite humorous.

Eddie's a friend of the site now from what I can make out. Gotta put the site ahead of constructive criticism  Wink 

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 04 Feb 2014, 9:28 pm

Owen is even making excuses for Ian John Lewis now !!

Becoming the politician now he's been given the ringside treatment..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 04 Feb 2014, 9:37 pm

He's getting in early, Eddie probably gave him the inside tip IJL will be ref'ing Groves v Froch II

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 04 Feb 2014, 10:02 pm

Didn't make an excuse; offered an alternative view as to why he may have stopped it, just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean I'm in his back pocket or indeed Eddie's,

I've actually given my two pence on Eddie and his mishandling of the whole Froch/Groves rematch saga so to say that I somehow lick his backside (which is essentially what both yourself & Strongback have implied numerous times in the past few weeks) is garbage.

But hey each to their own!

For what it's worth it's clear this is just media spin to ensure Brook's name is still out there, because at the moment no one is really interested in him and he is quickly becoming forgotten about in the Welterweight division with Khan, Mayweather, Bradley, Pacman, Thurman, Maidana etc all circling.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 04 Feb 2014, 10:18 pm

Owen, I've had a few robust debates with you about Eddie in the past so you know my view. In saying that whats posted above about partisanship on the site towards Eddie is said jokingly, at least on my part anyway.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Tue 04 Feb 2014, 11:10 pm

It's a fight that would sell well and if there was ever a good time to get to Khan it's now, very suspect performance followed by a long lay off and keen to move up in weight for some reason. Rumours of him not living the boxers life pretty common as well and also if he doesn't get the Mayweather fight he could be approach a Brook fight thinking its beneath him. A win would really propel Brook and probably lead to a big rematch as well so perhaps it's an educated gamble paying Khan that much for the fight. Of course there's only a 50% chance of Brook making it to the ring after he signs for a fight so it is a real gamble.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam_London Wed 05 Feb 2014, 12:00 am

Why doesn't Brook take on Frankie Gavin next? I'd like to see that fight.

Sam_London

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down