The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WBC and BBBC response to Haye v Chisora

+17
eddyfightfan
bhb001
manos de piedra
Il Gialloblu
The Galveston Giant
User 774433
tunes666
Nico the gman
Strongback
JabMachineMK2
Small Time
ThrowingLeather
Valero's Conscience
Super D Boon
azania
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Pedro147
21 posters

Go down

WBC and BBBC response to Haye v Chisora Empty WBC and BBBC response to Haye v Chisora

Post by Pedro147 Fri May 18, 2012 12:24 pm

The British Boxing Board of Control says it has received the "full support" of the World Boxing Council over its stance on the Dereck Chisora-David Haye fight sanctioned by the Luxembourg Boxing Federation, and set to take place at Upton Park on 14 July.

A letter from WBC president Jose Sulaiman confirms those involved in the fight would be dismissed from the WBC if it went ahead on 14 July.

"We will expel Luxembourg from our organisation if the commission went ahead as well as any person or institution that has relations with them," writes Sulaiman.

Does this cast the fight into further doubt if the WBC will never allow either of these men to fight for that belt in the future. Is there a risk that the undercard will now be damaged even more? Legally they can't stop the fight but through politics they can cetainly dictate circumstances. Will other organisations now follow suit?

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

WBC and BBBC response to Haye v Chisora Empty Re: WBC and BBBC response to Haye v Chisora

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri May 18, 2012 12:29 pm

Joke is the word that comes to mind.

BBBoC should have banned him for 6/12months , they messed up and look at the waves it has created.

There incompetency is there own downfall and they have only themselves to blame.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

WBC and BBBC response to Haye v Chisora Empty Re: WBC and BBBC response to Haye v Chisora

Post by azania Fri May 18, 2012 12:29 pm

Sulaiman can be bought off at any time K2 decide to fight Haye. With so many belts available, its meaningless. But if the money's right, watch the WBC bend over and take it deep.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri May 18, 2012 12:37 pm

Laugh

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri May 18, 2012 1:09 pm

The WBC, despite their supposed heritage and their unofficial position as the most prestigious organisation, they are probably the most corrupt and as Azania says they will bend down to a horse if there's the correct amount of digits after the dollar sign!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri May 18, 2012 1:25 pm

Super D Boon wrote:The WBC, despite their supposed heritage and their unofficial position as the most prestigious organisation, they are probably the most corrupt and as Azania says they will bend down to a horse if there's the correct amount of digits after the dollar sign!

Amen to that!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by ThrowingLeather Fri May 18, 2012 1:56 pm

This fight is proof in itself that the governing and sanctioning bodies are losing their grip on boxing.

The ever increasing number of alphabet titles and variations is such that they've lost credibility and even as a die hard boxing fan I find the belt system irrelevant in the modern game.

Martinez did the right thing in vacating his title, the belt means nothing. It comes down to who proves themselves to be the best fighter.

I think Haye could care less about the WBC... he only wants Vitali for the cash and the glory.

ThrowingLeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Fri May 18, 2012 5:17 pm

The WBC seem to be making the rules up as they go, and anyway, do fans even look to see if a fight is for a strap anymore? I personally could give two shiny ones about any strap.

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri May 18, 2012 5:30 pm

lol @ the term "strap"

I don't know why but it tickles me when people say things like that.

Its like when people call wine "vino" - you may aswell just say the original word you're referencing.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri May 18, 2012 8:54 pm

I'd still like to see a fly in smug Frank's ointment.

He has been walking around with that cheesy 'I've got a big banana' grin of his.

Seems the WBC might be bigger than Frank's lawyers. I hope that's the case.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri May 18, 2012 9:02 pm

If the Lux commission are expelled, I can see a law suit in which the WBC would lose. For one, no laws have been broken. EU laws over-ride whatever the BBBC may think. What they are hoping for is that other governing bodies adhere to convention. They don't have to.

The WBC are onto a loser if they suspend or restrict the trade of some boxers. But if Haye wins, it makes the fight with Vitali more viable and it will be a big money fight. One which the WBC will want a piece of that action. The other option which is equally viable is that it will be Vitali's last fight and he could easily give up the belt to make the fight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri May 18, 2012 9:18 pm

The Lux Comm's problems are growing leg.

Is it worth not being able to host WBC fights In order to allow a British domestic level fight to take place. The fight is legal but it is goes against what I consider to be a fair and reasonable way of going about doing business.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri May 18, 2012 9:40 pm

Strongback wrote:The Lux Comm's problems are growing leg.

Is it worth not being able to host WBC fights In order to allow a British domestic level fight to take place. The fight is legal but it is goes against what I consider to be a fair and reasonable way of going about doing business.

Money talks.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri May 18, 2012 9:53 pm

And bullspit walks.

The WBC are bigger that Frank Warren. What Frank is up to is bullspit.

Get the fight on. Just iron out the issues and do it under the BBBC.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Fri May 18, 2012 9:55 pm

The WBO and WBA have sanctioned the fight so don't see Warren,Haye or Chisora been too upset about the WBC or BBBC.

Mind you if Warren asked the WBO to install his granny as no1 contender I'd be surprised if they refused.

I wonder if the WBO have a similar fine upstanding character on their board much like Mr Suliaman.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri May 18, 2012 10:01 pm

Strongback wrote:And bullspit walks.

The WBC are bigger that Frank Warren. What Frank is up to is bullspit.

Get the fight on. Just iron out the issues and do it under the BBBC.

They may be bigger that Warren, but there is nothing alturistic about them. Nothing they do is good for boxing, but for themselves. If Haye wins and wants to fight Vitali and Vitali wants the fight, it will happen, with or without the WBC.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri May 18, 2012 10:16 pm

It's bad for business if the Lux Comm starts getting out of line and is out there on it's own acting as a rogue trader.

The WBC won't want another boxing body nibbling away at the already dwindling pie.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri May 18, 2012 10:21 pm

Strongback wrote:It's bad for business if the Lux Comm starts getting out of line and is out there on it's own acting as a rogue trader.

The WBC won't want another boxing body nibbling away at the already dwindling pie.

It will be better than the status quo I reckon. It may make the governing bodies act in the interest of boxing as opposed to themselves. Lets face it, this is a fight the fans want to see. The moral hand wringing brigade don't count. And I find it laughable that the WBC of all people suddenly found some morality and supposedly acting in the interest of boxing.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Fri May 18, 2012 11:55 pm

the more these stupid people keep trying to stop the fight the more I want it to go ahead.

They had their chance to punish him, and they decided to play power games with a guys career. and now they try to play more games.

Just goes to show how useless and suspicious they them selves are.

No Laws have been broken and the value of the fight and integrity of the fight is down to a matter of opinion.

if they dont like the fight, then don't watching it and don't have anything to do with it, if you do then watching it and get involved.

Simple as that.

Idiots.

That being said, Hayes Smarmy arrogant attitude in interviews up till now has not exactly help to calm the storm and maybe allow people who are upset about it to mellow out and move on...

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri May 18, 2012 11:57 pm

tunes666 wrote:the more these stupid people keep trying to stop the fight the more I want it to go ahead.

They had their chance to punish him, and they decided to play power games with a guys career. and now they try to play more games.

No Laws have been broken and the value of the fight and integrity of the fight is down to a matter of opinion.

if they dont like the fight, then don't watching it and don't have anything to do with it, if you do then watching it and get involved.

Simple as that.

Idiots.

That being said, Hayes Smarmy arrogant attitude in interviews up till now has not exactly help to calm the storm and maybe allow people who are upset about it to mellow out and move on...

Agree with what you say, except for the last bit (I would wouldn't I). Haye is trying to sell a fight. Boxing needs all the publicity it can get and this is a legit fight which should be hyped up.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Sat May 19, 2012 12:04 am

Can't wait for Haye Chisora!

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat May 19, 2012 12:08 am

azania wrote:
tunes666 wrote:the more these stupid people keep trying to stop the fight the more I want it to go ahead.

Simple as that.

Idiots.

Agree with what you say, except for the last bit (I would wouldn't I). Haye is trying to sell a fight. Boxing needs all the publicity it can get and this is a legit fight which should be hyped up.

Sure sell it, but to be honest its already being sold big time.. the hype is there, apparently 17.000 tics sold before the first press conference..

IMO He should have put to bed the Germany incident regardless of his opinion on who's fault it was.... Just play it down and talk about the fight.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat May 19, 2012 12:34 am

Probably looking for overseas TV and obviously Haye would want his profile hyped and heightened.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat May 19, 2012 12:35 am

WBA are now sanctioning this bout also. Happy days.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat May 19, 2012 1:00 am

Some good points being made, wish someone would tell that arse Suliman to shut his corrupt Cakehole, he thinks he owns boxing and I suppose he does in a way, would be great if a journalist could ask him what it actually has to do with him apart from slapping his champion, he was already punished by the wbc for that.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat May 19, 2012 1:01 am

The Galveston Giant wrote:Some good points being made, wish someone would tell that arse Suliman to shut his corrupt Cakehole, he thinks he owns boxing and I suppose he does in a way, would be great if a journalist could ask him what it actually has to do with him apart from slapping his champion, he was already punished by the wbc for that.

Very eloquently said.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Small Time Sat May 19, 2012 9:58 am

JabMachineMK2 wrote:lol @ the term "strap"

I don't know why but it tickles me when people say things like that.

Its like when people call wine "vino" - you may aswell just say the original word you're referencing.

Is it like holding down the "shift" key to get @ as oppsed to just pressing the original a and t? Smile

Small Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Mon May 21, 2012 8:32 am

“I’ve got to say it makes me laugh when I hear people say VW. It’s actually quicker to say Volkswagen."

Alan Partridge. Marvellous stuff.

Anyway, I saw this earlier. Basically, Haye has released an iPhone game where the player can decapitate Dereck Chisora with a bottle. Nice.

He also claims he broke the jaw of Don Charles, Chisora's trainer, at the press conference brawl in Munich. Again, nice.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Mon May 21, 2012 2:03 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/18145166

Further complaints about the bout now being made from German authorities.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon May 21, 2012 5:02 pm

Its going to have a very divisive effect by the looks of things. The WBC have outlawed it but the WBO and WBA have sanctioned it. Going to be interesting to see what the fallout from it will be. I think the Luxembourg Federation may end up getting disassociated. No other international boxing board is going to want to be undermined like that. Britain and Germany are the biggest boxing boards in Europe so will have alot of influence over the European Board.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon May 21, 2012 5:44 pm

The Krauts have had a go as well. They ought to take a long hard look at all the corruption in their boxing before they throw stones at other peoples. The Germans should just be ignored.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon May 21, 2012 7:32 pm

Haye and Chisora - Bringing organisations closer together by uniting them against a common threat! I can see a Nobel Peace prize in their future!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon May 21, 2012 7:51 pm

Much ado about nothing. They'll all fall in line when they see the Benjamins.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon May 21, 2012 8:01 pm

azania wrote:Much ado about nothing. They'll all fall in line when they see the Benjamins.

If that were the case the BBBC would never have banned or opposed the fight in the first place.

The WBC wont care too much because the fight doesnt really have anything to do with them. But the reason the the two big Boxing Commissions Europe, UK and Germany are going to push the issue is because it represents a real threat to their authority and ability to run the sport in their own country. This goes beyond merely a lucrative fight here or there. They are going to look to close off this loophole.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon May 21, 2012 8:04 pm

i bet the other governing bodys are loving watch WBC dig a hole. ego's are killing boxing

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Tue May 22, 2012 8:11 am

manos de piedra wrote:
azania wrote:Much ado about nothing. They'll all fall in line when they see the Benjamins.

If that were the case the BBBC would never have banned or opposed the fight in the first place.

The WBC wont care too much because the fight doesnt really have anything to do with them. But the reason the the two big Boxing Commissions Europe, UK and Germany are going to push the issue is because it represents a real threat to their authority and ability to run the sport in their own country. This goes beyond merely a lucrative fight here or there. They are going to look to close off this loophole.
Good post. OK

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by as1079 Tue May 22, 2012 9:37 am

manos de piedra wrote:

I could be wrong here but I think I've read somewhere that a lot of the Sauerland events are licenced by the Austrian Commission, with the Germans having no issue with that. I'm not convinced the Germans especially are particularly worried about authority in Germany.

as1079

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue May 22, 2012 9:44 am

as1079 wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:

I could be wrong here but I think I've read somewhere that a lot of the Sauerland events are licenced by the Austrian Commission, with the Germans having no issue with that. I'm not convinced the Germans especially are particularly worried about authority in Germany.

Yes they are connected to Austria but the main thing is there is cooperation there. Were Germany to ban a fighter or withdraw his licence and the Austrian Commision decided to licence an event in their own country against the German Commissions will then I imagine the German Commission would not take it kindly.

The loophole Warren has exposed I think will have concerned them as it limits their ability to govern the sport in their own country. Thats why I am not surprised to see the German Commission being vocal in their support for the BBBC.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue May 22, 2012 9:48 am

Think the issue is, as others have alluded to around precedent. Seems many are willing to support this when they are getting a fight they want and many felt the reaction to the brawl was in proportion but what about when the board step in on a different issue. What if they knock an opponent back on medical grounds, or if they are woefully unqualified, something they don't do a lot but have in the past, are we going to see a promoter going running to the luxenborg or other European commission every time they get a ruling they don't like? If so am not sure that is a particularly healthy development.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue May 22, 2012 10:39 am

You know you are in trouble when you are on the same side as Sulimann. The BBBoC dug this hole for themselves if they had banned Chisora for a period of time instead of taking his licence away from him leaving himself open to fight under any other commission.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue May 22, 2012 10:43 am

With hindsight you are correct Kev, but my view is they did the wrong thing for the right reason. As I said at the time my interpretation at the time of the indefinite ban thing was such was the indignation and press reaction at the time no matter what length of time the board had banned Dereck for would have been unlikely to satisfy the blood lust unless they did something ridiculous like five years, so by saying indefinite it sounded tough but in reality he would have re-applied in a year and been relicenced with little or no fuss as the public would have largely moved on.

Genuinely believe that was the intention and it was done to punish Chisora but not too harshly, the idea was right and well intentioned IMO.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue May 22, 2012 11:00 am

They bottled it. They could only punish one so they got soft and made a big mistake. They basically said to Chisoraa we have taken your licence away feel free to apply to again tomorrow and remember you can apply with anyone else you feel like.

They invited Warren to do it so they only have themselves to blame. As for Jose chipping in with his views he should sort his own mess out before getting himself involved with anything going on elsewhere.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue May 22, 2012 11:04 am

I genuinely don't think they did bottle it kev, they showed previously with the biting they are willing to ban fighters. But given they give him six month for that it was obvious they would have to give him longer than that but had they announced 12 months given the indignation in the press and public that would not have been enough to satisfy people and anything else would have been over the top. My interpretation is this was an attempt to give him a year or around that period whilst making it sound a lot tougher than that. Genuinely believe had Chisora done 12 months, behaved outside of the ring and reapplied he would have been granted.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue May 22, 2012 11:13 am

I don't doubt that in a years time if he had stayed out of trouble they would have gave him a licence back. They cared to much for what people who have know interest in the sport were saying.

Like you said it had to be more than 6 months and more than 12 was harsh so what they did was basically nothing to make themselves look like they did something.

They knew Warren would do this but they also knew that Sky, the Hearns and the likes of Barry McGuigan would back them and they could hide behind them. Although their opinions are so biased they aren't worth listening to.

This is why I would say they have bottled it.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down