The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rome Masters - Day 6 thread (SF)

+17
Incrediblexman
Danny_1982
TRuffin
Josiah Maiestas
Henman Bill
lags72
luciusmann
Haddie-nuff
bogbrush
summerblues
reckoner
Jahu
LuvSports!
invisiblecoolers
User 774433
laverfan
lydian
21 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Rome Masters - Day 6 thread (SF) - Page 2 Empty Rome Masters - Day 6 thread (SF)

Post by lydian Fri 18 May 2012, 10:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

So, Federer didnt hang about in giving Seppi his much earned nights rest.
Great matches tomorrow...arguably the best 4 men on clay this year in the semis.
The order of play tomorrow...

Court CENTRALE

Not Before 4:00 PM
[6] David Ferrer (ESP) v [2] Rafael Nadal (ESP)
Nadal is moving up the gears and Ferrer is already in overdrive. Some cracking shots today by Rafa shows his confidence is starting to rocket. I fully expect Ferrer to be overtaken 6-4, 6-3.

Not Before 8:00 PM
[1] Novak Djokovic (SRB) v [3] Roger Federer (SUI)
Their first meet up since that epic USO SF last year...will it come down to 1-2 shots again?
Well both men are showing great form...but I expect the Swiss to roll over Novak after the maestro sprints out of the blocks early on. Djokovic doesnt like the ball coming at him so early and I think more than Nadal is vulnerable to being rushed. I'm expecting Federer to tear through the first set catching Novak cold. Novak wakes up and stretches the 2nd to a TB which Federer edges...6-3, 7-6 (if Novak can sneak the 2nd then I think he'll win the 3rd fairly routinely 6-3 but I'm firmly of the view that Fed will win, probability 80%).

Cant wait!!! Smile

Last edited by lydian on Fri 18 May 2012, 11:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Rome Masters - Day 6 thread (SF) - Page 2 Empty Re: Rome Masters - Day 6 thread (SF)

Post by Guest Sat 19 May 2012, 3:14 pm

This is gonna be a pure grind; Ferrer and Nadal, the two biggest grinders on tour. I'll try to watch bt it'll probably suck the life out of me. Sad

Back to top Go down

Rome Masters - Day 6 thread (SF) - Page 2 Empty Re: Rome Masters - Day 6 thread (SF)

Post by Jahu Sat 19 May 2012, 3:16 pm

Ferrer hitting the ball clean and his serve seems spot on for the moment.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sat 19 May 2012, 3:18 pm

Interesting the bookies odds are almost neck and neck for Federer v Djokovic. I would have thought 60/40 in favour of Djokovic but no so, it is more like 52/48, with some bookies having nothing between them. (Boylesports has both at 9/10).

Bet 365
Djokovic 17/20
Federer 19/20

Ladbrokes
Djokovic 4/5
Federer 1/1

William Hill
Djokovic 8/11
Federer 1/1

Betfair
Djokovic 17/20
Federer 21/20

I'd say Djokovic is good value at 17/20

Could easily believe any result in this match. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Federer wins in 1 hour in 2 easy sets. However I predict:

Djokovic 2 Federer 1

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sat 19 May 2012, 3:21 pm

You can get 4/1 on Federer to win the tournament. Well that implies that Federer has a 20% chance of winning the tournament, implying 35-40% chance of beating Nadal in a potential final. Nearer 40% or slightly above when we factor in the bookies profit margin. Generous? I'm tempted to back against Federer here. Thoughts?

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sat 19 May 2012, 3:22 pm

Is the Nadal - Ferrer match on Sky's red button - didn't see it when looking through the Sky channels some minutes ago....

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 May 2012, 3:26 pm

This is why Ferrer will never be a threat to the top guys. 5 break points, four errors.

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sat 19 May 2012, 3:26 pm

Henman Bill wrote:You can get 4/1 on Federer to win the tournament. Well that implies that Federer has a 20% chance of winning the tournament, implying 35-40% chance of beating Nadal in a potential final. Nearer 40% or slightly above when we factor in the bookies profit margin. Generous? I'm tempted to back against Federer here. Thoughts?

might be worth a tenner but let's face it this tournament is Nadal's to lose.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 May 2012, 3:27 pm

Go away, you and your obsessive gambling.

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sat 19 May 2012, 3:28 pm

bit harsh...

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 May 2012, 3:28 pm

6 break points gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 May 2012, 3:29 pm

Man Ferrer got shafted on two calls in this game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 May 2012, 3:30 pm

7 BPs

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat 19 May 2012, 3:30 pm

Lahyani is an Uncle Toni agent..
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sat 19 May 2012, 3:32 pm

Oh dear 20 minutes for 2 games... yaaaaaaawn

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 May 2012, 3:35 pm

You just know this will be a close match with Ferrer having a million BP's but not coverting any and then Rafa will win.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 May 2012, 3:38 pm

Nadal playing so far back, looks like he's in the crowd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 May 2012, 3:40 pm

Federer was 5-0 up after 12 minutes against Seppi. The match lasted 54 minutes in total 6-1 6-2. The time includes all the time between games and sets. But, extended time between points, longish rallies etc is how Nadal and Ferrer play their matches (same for Djoko and Del Potro).

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat 19 May 2012, 3:46 pm

Nadal broken 1:3
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sat 19 May 2012, 3:47 pm

emancipator wrote:Go away, you and your obsessive gambling.

Telling someone to go away because they are talking about something you have no personal interest in is extremely narrow minded. Not replying to the comment is sufficient. 2 comments does not make an obsession either, I am not obsessed and can't even remember the last bet I put on tennis. You have made at least 3 comments about break points, so maybe you are obsessed about that??

Most ridiculous post of the day by a mile.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 May 2012, 3:52 pm

Ferrer DF's to give the break back laughing

Gambling is not an interest; it's a harmful vice and you're always bringing up stubid bets and odds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Sat 19 May 2012, 3:54 pm

What a slug fest.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 May 2012, 3:58 pm

Wow awesome FH dtl from Rafa

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sat 19 May 2012, 4:04 pm

I have to say this is poor from Rafa today so far...his timing is really off and it's affecting just about every shot in his repertoire. Lack of depth, mid court balls, serve lacking potency, missing shots wide and long...this isnt great, he's making Ferrer look good!
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sat 19 May 2012, 4:04 pm

emancipator wrote:Ferrer DF's to give the break back laughing

Gambling is not an interest; it's a harmful vice and you're always bringing up stubid bets and odds.

Sigh - that's just your opinion. You could have replied and said that to begin with. Just saying go away is unhelpful. Being nasty with people who hold different opinions/interests to you makes you inherently unpleasant if not even dangerous. If you don't want anyone to be allowed to post anything that you don't personally have an interest in, that is called a blog. This is called a forum.

Also, "always" is innaccurate. It's no more than occassional that I post about gambling.

Anyway, it's about how you use it. I rarely bet over a tenner, infact rarely bet at all, keep track of my bets, would quit if I was losing more than winning, and just use it as a bit of fun, e.g. a laugh with your mates while watching if I have £2 on first goal scorer. The fact that other people lost control of it and have it damage their lives doesn't mean I shouldn't do it anymore than someone using champagne to celebrate a birthday should stop because elsewhere an alcoholic husband is causing grief for his wife.

If you can't accept any of this we should agree to disagree.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sat 19 May 2012, 4:06 pm

Perfect example..that easy FH winner there at 30-0 sails long...get a grip man!
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 May 2012, 4:07 pm

Henman Bill wrote:
emancipator wrote:Ferrer DF's to give the break back laughing

Sigh - that's just your opinion. You could have replied and said that to begin with. Just saying go away is unhelpful. Being nasty with people who hold different opinions/interests to you makes you inherently unpleasant if not even dangerous. If you don't want anyone to be allowed to post anything that you don't personally have an interest in, that is called a blog. This is called a forum.

Also, "always" is innaccurate. It's no more than occassional that I post about gambling.

Anyway, it's about how you use it. I rarely bet over a tenner, infact rarely bet at all, keep track of my bets, would quit if I was losing more than winning, and just use it as a bit of fun, e.g. a laugh with your mates while watching if I have £2 on first goal scorer. The fact that other people lost control of it and have it damage their lives doesn't mean I shouldn't do it anymore than someone using champagne to celebrate a birthday should stop because elsewhere an alcoholic husband is causing grief for his wife.

If you can't accept any of this we should agree to disagree.

Me thinks he doth protest too much.

There is help out there for these kinds of problems.

ghost

emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 May 2012, 4:09 pm

Just kidding buddy, winding you up. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 May 2012, 4:11 pm

Rafa's been kind of patchy.

He hit some great FH winners but has also missed quite a few routine shots.

Ferrer should have clinched this set by now. 1 out 10 bp's is abysmal.

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sat 19 May 2012, 4:11 pm

This thread has taken a very odd turn. Live and let live - I would have thought your inter-galactic travels would have taught you that!

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sat 19 May 2012, 4:11 pm

This has got to be the worst I've seen him play all year...even regulation balls are going in the net now. What a difference a day makes, 24 little hours....
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 May 2012, 4:14 pm

Gambling is not good for the minions, it's reduces the cosmic energy.

Behind every gambler lurks the shadow of BOO.

ghost

emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sat 19 May 2012, 4:16 pm

Might be waking up here at 4-5 as the situation begins to dawn on him...
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sat 19 May 2012, 4:18 pm

Geez..is Nadal capable of hitting a ball beyond the service line today???
Might help if he wasn't 87 yards behind the baseline...what's with the guy today?
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 May 2012, 4:20 pm

I agree he's standing too far back and serving up lots of short balls. If he plays like this against Novak he'll get eaten alive.

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sat 19 May 2012, 4:23 pm

Absolutely emancipator...that was his main problem last year too...feeding Novak mid courts gimme's all the time.
He's lacking complete feel today...just plain weird.
Just a bad day at the office me thinks...he's going to have to scrape this one out and wait for Ferret to choke if the finishing line is in sight.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sat 19 May 2012, 4:24 pm

Playing possum... he's just biding his time.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 May 2012, 4:25 pm

The wind probably isnt helping.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 May 2012, 4:26 pm

When I am having a bad at the office, I normally go for a massage.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 May 2012, 4:26 pm

You feel this is a must win TB for Ferrer given all the missed opportunities

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sat 19 May 2012, 4:26 pm

Yep emanc....good point.
If Nadal wins this set it'll be the best escaping act since Andy Dufresne...
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 May 2012, 4:29 pm

Great FH from Nadal, steeping back and hitting a clean winner inside out

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sat 19 May 2012, 4:30 pm

Cue a collapse from Ferrer...

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sat 19 May 2012, 4:31 pm

Ferrer's like Wile Coyote running off the cliff and then making the mistake of looking down...

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sat 19 May 2012, 4:33 pm

emancipator wrote:Just kidding buddy, winding you up. Very Happy

"Go away" is your idea of a wind up? Well, OK then. So as it was a wind up I guess you don't actually mind gambling.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 May 2012, 4:34 pm

Surprising BH error from Rafa

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sat 19 May 2012, 4:36 pm

6-5 and Rafa hits the shortest BHs all set...
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 May 2012, 4:36 pm

Henman Bill wrote:

"Go away" is your idea of a wind up? Well, OK then. So as it was a wind up I guess you don't actually mind gambling.

I don't like gambling but each to their own. If you wanna do it that's up to you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 May 2012, 4:38 pm

chin that was a predictable ending wasn't it

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sat 19 May 2012, 4:39 pm

How the heck did Nadal win that set on such poor form...Ferret needs shooting for losing that set, he'll never have a better chance to win a set against Rafa than that.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sat 19 May 2012, 4:39 pm

emancipator wrote:
Henman Bill wrote:

I don't like gambling but each to their own. If you wanna do it that's up to you.

emancipatoooor

you have learned to accept others for what they are...

I will consider shortlisting you as a potential disciple of the mighty reckoner.

wooooooo

Ale

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next