The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heads, Fed goes "up," Tails, he goes "down!"

+3
erictheblueuk
bogbrush
yloponom68
7 posters

Go down

Heads, Fed goes "up," Tails, he goes "down!" Empty Heads, Fed goes "up," Tails, he goes "down!"

Post by yloponom68 Fri 25 May 2012, 3:13 am

Here we are on "Draw Eve" of the 2012 French Open (Bermuda Time!) - few big questions to be answered tomorrow, firstly with the Singles Draws.

1) Federer - Nadal's half or Djokovic's half? "Conspiracy theorists" will have a field day if it's Djokovic's half, but it's 50% - 50%.

2) Serena - at #5 in the World now, wonder how her draw will go - if she plays her best, won't matter anyway, title's hers to win or lose at this stage.

3) Wozzie - interested to see what her draw will be too.

4) Isner - 1st round loss last year, albeit tough one, potential to pick up a lot of points in this Major, depending on draw, and weather.

5) Ferrer - 1/4F opponent no-one really wants, wonder who'll get him?

It's 4:10am in Paris now, so not long to go. By far the biggest one in men's game is, Federer - whither thou goest? Top or bottom?

Looking forward to Monday's start! Vamos-nya-ova!

yloponom68

Back to top Go down

Heads, Fed goes "up," Tails, he goes "down!" Empty Re: Heads, Fed goes "up," Tails, he goes "down!"

Post by bogbrush Fri 25 May 2012, 10:18 am

It'll be interesting to see where dangerous players like Berdych, Raonic etc go.

My money is on "nowhere near Nadal", but there you go.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Heads, Fed goes "up," Tails, he goes "down!" Empty Re: Heads, Fed goes "up," Tails, he goes "down!"

Post by Guest Fri 25 May 2012, 10:47 am

I reckon Berdych will end up in the Nadal quarter. Raonic to go in the Federer quarter.

Back to top Go down

Post by erictheblueuk Fri 25 May 2012, 11:53 am

I can't see Fed beating Novak or Rafa let alone both to win the title.
erictheblueuk
erictheblueuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Fri 25 May 2012, 1:45 pm

bogbrush wrote:It'll be interesting to see where dangerous players like Berdych, Raonic etc go.

Wrong! Nadal gets Raonic. Rest of his draw easier though.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 25 May 2012, 1:50 pm

Henman Bill wrote:
bogbrush wrote:It'll be interesting to see where dangerous players like Berdych, Raonic etc go.

Wrong! Nadal gets Raonic. Rest of his draw easier though.

Indeed, though Raonic is in there with monaco and unlikely to emerge.

Don't forget the "etc." in my note, which means people like Ferrer and JMDP. All avoided. Easy draw, as expected.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri 25 May 2012, 6:28 pm

Oh wait does that make you a conspiracy theorist. Are you not inferring here that Nadal gets extra breaks in the draw, ie some sort of draw tinkering?

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Fri 25 May 2012, 6:30 pm

Well he got Raonic anyway, apart from that its an OK draw.

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri 25 May 2012, 7:21 pm

socal1976 wrote:

Oh wait does that make you a conspiracy theorist. Are you not inferring here that Nadal gets extra breaks in the draw, ie some sort of draw tinkering?
No, I'm not.

I'm inferring he gets lucky at draws.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 May 2012, 7:41 pm

bogbrush wrote:
socal1976 wrote:

No, I'm not.

I'm inferring he gets lucky at draws.

Laugh

Lucky? Why I never!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 May 2012, 7:42 pm

Cakewalk for Nadal.

Looking at the draw it makes you wonder where the depth is in the men's game.

You have to look very hard to come up with a potential spoiler for the top 3.

We're pretty much guaranteed a final between Nadal and Djokovic/Federer.

The finals at W and USO will likey also be contested between these three.

ghost

emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 May 2012, 7:47 pm

I think what is frustrating is that players like Berdych, Raonic, Tsonga, Isner will succumb to players more acclimitised to Clay. When you look at players like Ferrer, Monaco, Almagro, Granollers, Garcia Lopez all have some form of Clay pedigree and will take out the big hitters.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seifer Almasy Fri 25 May 2012, 11:25 pm

Oh look. Fed on Djok's half again.

Seifer Almasy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down