The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode 1 of Fight Camp 360, if any of you missed it.

+11
wow_junky
BALTIMORA
Boxtthis
Rowley
azania
The Galveston Giant
HumanWindmill
coxy0001
88Chris05
Scottrf
D4thincarnation
15 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Episode 1 of Fight Camp 360, if any of you missed it. - Page 3 Empty Episode 1 of Fight Camp 360, if any of you missed it.

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 05 Apr 2011, 2:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urcAmrbUVqo

Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L12SabgDVVg

Can't wait for this fight Yahoo

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Episode 1 of Fight Camp 360, if any of you missed it. - Page 3 Empty Re: Episode 1 of Fight Camp 360, if any of you missed it.

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 05 Apr 2011, 10:08 pm

sohotnot wrote:
sohotnot wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
sohotnot wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
sohotnot wrote:You should watch it and judge it for for yourself. Very interesting how much the Pacquiao brand has grown even in the last two years.

Thats about it really isn't it, how the Pacquiao brand has grown. Was the 1st 360 show I've seen & wasn't overly impressed, its like Baltimora said its an advert, a long one that was to 'hollywood' for me. Would rather have seen more training & behind the scenes training.

Yeah I notice the title for the episode was "Hype" think they will concentrate on different aspects each week.

Yeah hopefully, it just wasn't my cup of tea thats all, but I appreciate they have to sell the fight & this is the way they do it.

Maybe a bit bellow par performance from the Showtime boys but they do some good show, better than 24/7 IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsz5Mzz1Uxo

Take a look at this episode?

Never seen that either, will check your link but I wont hold my breath.

Just watched the link & enjoyed it. Thought it was gonna be 24/7 & you showing how bad it was . Dunno why the Mosley Pac one is so bad.

I don't know if the producers of the show change or perhaps the because of the controversy surrounding the those fight made it a good watch.

Like I said the first episode was called hype, and it mainly focused on Pacquiao's as the mega star he has become.

Mosley and Manny are quite calm, chilled out good guys, so I don't think we will see too many controversial points.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Episode 1 of Fight Camp 360, if any of you missed it. - Page 3 Empty Re: Episode 1 of Fight Camp 360, if any of you missed it.

Post by Guest Tue 05 Apr 2011, 10:13 pm

From my drug and absynthe induced memory he not only sings but wins Eurovision, XFactor and American Idol.

At the same time while doing the school run! Encore of 'My Way'

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 05 Apr 2011, 10:15 pm

I'll be honest I love these types of shows. It wont probably have that much insight because they are already massive names in boxing and they are going hard on the PPV sell, but they still have a great feel about them.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 05 Apr 2011, 10:26 pm

Scottrf wrote:I'll be honest I love these types of shows. It wont probably have that much insight because they are already massive names in boxing and they are going hard on the PPV sell, but they still have a great feel about them.

What do you prefer 24/7 of Fight Camp. Don't like the Top Rank shows, they seem very manufactured and always got some boxing writer telling you how it is.

Fight Camp tries to get the views of the boxers and there families and you make your own view.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 05 Apr 2011, 10:33 pm

I like both. I've only seen FC360 for the Super Six and they were really interesting and good background, 24/7 is more of a hype show. This felt like a mix really. Will see how the rest unfold.

Some good banter at the presser.

More Nasim please.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 05 Apr 2011, 10:57 pm

It's only a matter of time before Roach and Ariza get "caught" having convo that's "somehow" and "luckily" picked up by the microphones that "just happened" to be on.

Nuthuggers got bent over, rodgered and left with the remnants of said rodgering up their a-holes over that one

Must say it's just become a hybrid version of 24/7. Don't tend to watch them in great detail as they WILL ALWAYS angle it to sell the fight/make it seem competitive. 360 is no exception

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 05 Apr 2011, 11:00 pm

coxy0001 wrote:It's only a matter of time before Roach and Ariza get "caught" having convo that's "somehow" and "luckily" picked up by the microphones that "just happened" to be on.
Too late. *Fake whisper* Michael Koncz "So what you reckon, I think this is going to be really tough and explosive the first 4 rounds" Roach "Yeah, it's gonna be really dangerous".

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 05 Apr 2011, 11:04 pm

Thankfully i only had it on for the audio whilst working tonight.

If i'd heard that the cat (chuffing landlady has one, buy a proper animal and get a dog) may have been hung from the window via the mouse cable.

That's actually quite ironic if you get it.... Cat.... mouse cable.....

I need to stop drinking as much

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Tue 05 Apr 2011, 11:55 pm

Hi guys - two points from me:

1) RE: D4, I think what was a good site is going downhill fast due to this situation. I've hardly posted these last 2 weeks as, like the old 606, it has descended into the D4 circus rather than a boxing board. D4 "quit" the old 606 because he was no longer taken seriously as his reputation preceded him and every thread of his turned into a farce - sometimes because of his own passive instigation, sometimes because many other posters antagonise him regardless of the topic he writes. However, this board is basically a recreation of the old board, so D4 has been able to return on a technicality - ie that it's not the same site despite having the same users, and so the farce continues. Whilst I dont agree with much that D4 says, I think there are many here who are guilty of taking threads he's involved in off topic just because its him. If I posted a thread with a link to the first 360 episode would it garner the same response? No, but with D4 people react to the poster rather than the subject. If D4 wants to post an article about manny - mosley 360 thats up to him. If you think he's wumming, ignore the article - if enopugh people react to it to create over a 100 responses everytime he posts anything the farce will never end. I agree that D4 is a subtle WUM, hugely contradictory and sometimes downright annoying, and I think I've had more spats with him than anyone excluding Coxy. But it seems now it's descending into an almost "ganging up" mentality, where he can't post anything without a barrage of abuse, which isnt right either. I've come to the conclusion here that if you really want to show your contempt for someones opinion, the best thing is to ignore it. If you're critical of someone for being an attention seeking WUM but still shower them with that attention, then surely you cant be surprised when they keep coming back for more? Just my two cents like.

2) RE: Manny v Mosley 360 - it's totally cack. Firstly it lacks a narrator, so has no real lineal feel, just a load of clips strewn together. Secondly it's boring, neither manny or mosley are box office television outside the ring. Seasoned 24/7 viewers know the tiresome "manny has many responsibilities outside boxing, is a megastar in the philipines, thrives on chaos" routine, it's boring now - almost as boring as in house fights against questionable opponents has become. And mosley, while seeming like a genuinely nice guy too, is just not interesting. Add to this the fact that you have to listen to a snake like Arum trying to convince us that manny is the greatest boxer of all time (he's confusing "greatest" with "my biggest cash cow of all time" I think), plus having to listen to the irrlevant opinions of vile sychophants like Mike Koncz during a long, glorified commercial?? It's a load of dull, highly predicatble rubbish and I wont be watching the rest of it.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Apr 2011, 8:46 am

I've come to the conclusion here that if you really want to show your contempt for someones opinion, the best thing is to ignore it. If you're critical of someone for being an attention seeking WUM but still shower them with that attention, then surely you cant be surprised when they keep coming back for more? Just my two cents like.

I'm going to ignore that.

perhaps the only interesting bit of that episode was hearing Nazim Richardson say that yes, Manny has flaws that can be exposed but it's taking advantage of them that's the hard part. During the build-up to Mayweather-Mosley, Nazim said that it was no use having a stategy if you didn't have the soldiers to carry out those orders. Well, we all saw what happened that night.

Now, to my way of thinking, he was basically saying that Shane isn't the man to expose Manny. If Shane couldn't beat Floyd then, a year later and year older, a year slower, he isn't going to beat Manny. However, if he does, it totally shatters Manny's reputation rather than enhances Shane's because everyone in boxing knows that Mosley is way WAAAAAAY past his best.

Total lose/lose fight for Manny. Shane's too nice a guy to get beat up on all night and I can't see too many people feeling comfortable watching it. As stated above by quite a few posters, this is one long advert for "Product Pacquiao" and shows us nothing we haven't already seen.

Last edited by DAVE667 on Wed 06 Apr 2011, 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 06 Apr 2011, 8:57 am

Have not watched it and doubt I will, have little interest in the fight so by dint have even less interest in a show about the fight.

As others have said you don't have to watch it to know the script, Manny is a nice guy, keeps a lot of plates in the air at any one time, could this be the time he finally bites off more than he can chew, etc etc etc. Like watching a Hatton show which points out what an ordinary working class guy he is, whilst they may well be admirable traits and absolutely true they do not make for compelling or surprising viewing.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3