The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mystery GM

+8
Gregers
theanimal316
Kay Fabe
ncfc_Tooze
Enforcer
JoshSansom
David Tails
bernard black
12 posters

Go down

The Mystery GM Empty The Mystery GM

Post by bernard black Tue 05 Apr 2011, 3:03 pm

Any thoughts on who it could be? Do the WWE even know themselves?

For me, I think this storyline has gone on far too long! I suppose WWE regularly get criticised for rushing storylines, and this one bucks that trend, however, the angle just hasn't gone anywhere at all.

I'd have enjoyed it much more if the GM at least acted consistently, and it would give us the opportunity to piece together the clues from their behaviour to guess who it is. Instead, it's completely pot-luck as their character is all over the place! One minute, they are villainous giving the heel every advantage possible in a feud, the next, they are calling everything down the line, restarting matches the heel has won, and so on. It's a strange angle the WWE have gone with here, to say the least.

The only clues we have so far to the GM's identity are that he / she explicitly expressed their hatred for Bret Hart, and ***spoiler*** judging from Sunday, they apparently have it in for Jerry Lawler. Will the WWE even bear this in mind when revealing who it is? I doubt it.

I think it will turn out to be Michael Cole which would sort of make sense. His character is on a massive ego-trip and this would tie-in with the power of being a GM, and ***spoiler*** explain the outcome of his match on Sunday, assuming he got Josh Matthews in on the act as well.

It could also turn out to be Abraham Washington which would just be horrible. As much as I think Abraham would make for a great character, the crowd would be completely dead for the revealing and it would be a wasted more than a year-long buildup.

As a complete longshot, it could also be Michael Tarver which would bomb even worse! He has randomly been in the background for a number of backstage skits so I can just see the WWE running through a montage of Tarver as the "invisible hand" guiding events while incognito. God, that would be horrible!

Your thoughts on who it could be, and where the hell the 'E are going with this storyline?

bernard black

Back to top Go down

The Mystery GM Empty Re: The Mystery GM

Post by Guest Tue 05 Apr 2011, 3:06 pm

After last night i would say it's not cole.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Tue 05 Apr 2011, 3:08 pm

bernard black wrote:The only clues we have so far to the GM's identity are that he / she explicitly expressed their hatred for Bret Hart, and ***spoiler*** judging from Sunday, they apparently have it in for Jerry Lawler.

Might not be Anti-Lawler....might be Pro-Cole.

bernard black wrote:I think it will turn out to be Michael Cole which would sort of make sense. His character is on a massive ego-trip and this would tie-in with the power of being a GM, and ***spoiler*** explain the outcome of his match on Sunday, assuming he got Josh Matthews in on the act as well.

In what way would Josh have been "in on the act as well". All he did was stand up and read it. That doesn't mean he agrees with it.

I'm not sure who I would like it to be. I doubt they even know yet.

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 05 Apr 2011, 3:08 pm

I get what you mean about Cole, but it is unlikely (given his character) because he would presumably like the authority and have blabbed asap...

I certainly agree that they don't seem to have a clue and it is likely to be a letdown / stitch up. I would also say that they don't appear to know themselves yet.

I would have thought that the most likely option is Vince / another member of the McMahon family. Another thought is that it is going on for so long because they are planning to use someone who is still tied to another promotion and need to wait for contacts to expire...

Either that or Vince Russo has been re-hired and it is going to turn out to be one of the Wombles or Hitler's bollock (the one that's in the Albert Hall)

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Tue 05 Apr 2011, 3:14 pm

Cole was getting annoyed with the GM when he kept giving him chances to fight The Miz for the title. That's why I thought it was strange he then sided with Cole at 'Mania. Of course, none of this will be mentioned whenever the reveal is made.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 05 Apr 2011, 3:16 pm

it will probarly end up being hornswoggle knowing wwe.
prehaps its T.Long

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 05 Apr 2011, 3:18 pm

ncfc_Tooze wrote:it will probarly end up being hornswoggle knowing wwe.

Hence using email... don't tell me he can do the role in the flesh now that Snoop has helped him to speak...?

That would be awful.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 05 Apr 2011, 3:23 pm

it would be absouloutly awful. But it can't be ruled out as well hes been using email for months and can now speak thanks to snoop Wink

But seriously im hoping for an old face to have that role. prehaps jimmy hart. would explain why he messed with the finish in lawlers match at mania

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 05 Apr 2011, 3:28 pm

Mick Foley?
Stephanie McMahon-Levesque?
Hornswoggle?
Vince McMahon?
Michael Cole?
Jimmy Hart?
JBL?

Anyone else?!

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 05 Apr 2011, 3:49 pm

I think its Cole, thats always been the plan IMO since his in ring promo with Bryan, was he 'mad' at the GM for making Lawler a #1 contender or did he choose Lawler believing it would be an easy win for Miz? With Swagger Miz and Riley potentially in on it 1 of them could be helping him send emails ect...

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Tue 05 Apr 2011, 4:06 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I think its Cole, thats always been the plan IMO since his in ring promo with Bryan, was he 'mad' at the GM for making Lawler a #1 contender or did he choose Lawler believing it would be an easy win for Miz? With Swagger Miz and Riley potentially in on it 1 of them could be helping him send emails ect...

Until I hit the last line I was going to ask how that was possible. I mean Cole was still on the ramp when the "GM" emailed at Mania to reverse the decision.

It's going to turn out to be a massive let-down and will likely be someone that the GM has annoyed in the past. (i.e. I remember Vince arguing with the GM on the phone after being interupted during a promo). It would be comical for them to expect us to accept that it would be Vince.

As much as I would love it, it can't be the Rock. Twice now his promo's have been interupted by the GM. Saying that, he didn't let the email be read out either time. What kind of GM would accept that?

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Tue 05 Apr 2011, 4:20 pm

That's the big problem with a story like this running with no idea of the final outcome. Eventually all the (decent) potential GM's will have had some sort of a run in with it.

Vicky Guerreo just occurred to me, as the GM gave her the chance to get her job back on Raw - but even then she has been left embarrassed by the GM. It would be a bit of a letdown too, but not as bad as it could be!

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Tue 05 Apr 2011, 4:24 pm

I don't think it will ever be revealed and possibly sometime in 2011 a new GM will be announced. Would love the anonymous GM to be Batista but if I recall didn't the GM treat him badly before he left?

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 05 Apr 2011, 4:25 pm

The WWE always have the final resort of "the anonymous GM has been succeeded / overthrown by ..." and then never revealing who it was. There could be anarchy on the internet if that happened though! Smile

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 05 Apr 2011, 4:25 pm

theanimal316 wrote:I don't think it will ever be revealed and possibly sometime in 2011 a new GM will be announced. Would love the anonymous GM to be Batista but if I recall didn't the GM treat him badly before he left?

Seems we both had the same idea!

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Tue 05 Apr 2011, 4:27 pm

I had considered that, but I wasn't sure if WWE would be willing to do something that rubbish to end the storyline.

Then I saw the Snoop Dogg segment at Mania.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 05 Apr 2011, 4:30 pm

Enforcer - Never underestimate the contempt that WWE hold fans in, the level of stupidity that they assign to them or the actual level of stupidity of the writers.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Tue 05 Apr 2011, 4:31 pm

But what does that say of the stupidity of us who keep on watching!?

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 05 Apr 2011, 4:33 pm

Enforcer wrote:But what does that say of the stupidity of us who keep on watching!?

We do it in a post modern ironic way... i.e. we cheer or boo based on what is interesting and works, not based on whether a character is "good" or "bad" today or tomorrow. I am not sure if the same can be said for some of the crowds they get though...

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Apr 2011, 4:36 pm

I'd love it to be Shane O' Mac.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Tue 05 Apr 2011, 4:41 pm

JoshSansom wrote:
Enforcer wrote:But what does that say of the stupidity of us who keep on watching!?

We do it in a post modern ironic way... i.e. we cheer or boo based on what is interesting and works, not based on whether a character is "good" or "bad" today or tomorrow. I am not sure if the same can be said for some of the crowds they get though...

I could name at least one person that does cheer because they are a "good" guy and boo because they are a "bad" guy...

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Apr 2011, 4:44 pm

David Tails wrote:
JoshSansom wrote:

I could name at least one person that does cheer because they are a "good" guy and boo because they are a "bad" guy...

:facepalm: ???

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Tue 05 Apr 2011, 4:46 pm

King Beer wrote:
David Tails wrote:
JoshSansom wrote:We do it in a post modern ironic way... i.e. we cheer or boo based on what is interesting and works, not based on whether a character is "good" or "bad" today or tomorrow. I am not sure if the same can be said for some of the crowds they get though...

🤦 ???

Yes indeed.

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 05 Apr 2011, 5:03 pm

I think he is talking about himself

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Tue 05 Apr 2011, 5:08 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I think he is talking about himself

You are incorrect sir!

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 05 Apr 2011, 5:48 pm

I do apologise mate, just when you said you know at least one person i thought you where referring to yourself Wink

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 05 Apr 2011, 5:55 pm

Depending on if we're allowed to remember WWE History: Batista

Dislikes Hart? - Check
Likes Cole? - Check
Dislikes Cena? - Check

My God it is Batista!

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 05 Apr 2011, 5:59 pm

That would suck! I liked his heel run but im well over it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 05 Apr 2011, 6:21 pm

lol gregers is right its The animal BATISTA = Raw GM

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Tue 05 Apr 2011, 6:24 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I do apologise mate, just when you said you know at least one person i thought you where referring to yourself Wink

No need for apologies. There is a certain someone on this forum that I know follows the "Good Guy" Vs. "Bad Guy" formula.

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 05 Apr 2011, 7:01 pm

Nothing wrong with that, its how the business was built, i just want to see faces that make you want to cheer

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 05 Apr 2011, 7:10 pm

wasnt it supposed to be Triple H but then as usual plans got changed, when Triple H then got booked to face Undertaker

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Tue 05 Apr 2011, 7:11 pm

I personally prefer to make it a case by case decision. I'm not automatically going to cheer a face and boo a heel. I generally prefer the heels and so I will cheer them.

It can't be as black and white as good vs bad for me.

At the moment one of my favourite wrestlers is Punk....he's a definite heel...but I would have no hesitation in cheering for him.

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 05 Apr 2011, 7:18 pm

yeah i agree i prefer the heels over the faces as well

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Tue 05 Apr 2011, 8:17 pm

The GM is going to be Hulk Hogan or Ric Flair. Watch this space!

:run2:

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Tue 05 Apr 2011, 8:29 pm

It's going to be Macho, Macho, Macho Man.

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 05 Apr 2011, 8:42 pm

I totally agree that the heels are generally more intresting in the WWE however while you say you would have no hessitation cheering Punk, would it not be more respectful to him and helpful/supportive to his character to give him as much heat as possible

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Tue 05 Apr 2011, 9:08 pm

Not really. I'm not the target market of the E. I'm not going to buy any merch...regardless of who is heel or face.

I know what you mean, if too many people cheer they will turn him the opposite way....as Mr Anderson in TNA proves. But I don't think VKM would be that reactive.

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue 05 Apr 2011, 9:29 pm

David Tails wrote:Not really. I'm not the target market of the E. I'm not going to buy any merch...regardless of who is heel or face.

I know what you mean, if too many people cheer they will turn him the opposite way....as Mr Anderson in TNA proves. But I don't think VKM would be that reactive.

Also probably realises that some people will cheer because they are heels...

I still think that his long term plan is for guys like Swagger and Ziggler to be big faces as well as Miz potentially.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 05 Apr 2011, 9:59 pm

I also mean out of respect for the job the guys are doing, if you like what he does and he is busting his ass to be the best bad guy possible would you not want to help him by jeering him inside the arena, cheering them when they try so hard to get booed seems the wrong thing to do if you really do like them enough to want to cheer them, I can understand why you would let them know how much you like them when they aren't in character

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Tue 05 Apr 2011, 11:14 pm

that's a little bit of a redundant conversation though to be fair. I'm in Aberdeen and never go to the arena.

To be fair though, I would still be cheering. Yes I appreciate that my cheering may be counter productive for the character, but at the end of the day, I'm more inclined to appreciate the work of a heel and show it in my own way.

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 06 Apr 2011, 3:39 am

Fair enough, im not saying there is a right or wrong way to do it by the way, im just intrested in how other people see it, I remember Jericho saying that whìle its great to be appreciated the best way to show it is to give the wrestler the reaction they are looking for

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiser Wed 06 Apr 2011, 7:36 pm

I'm also thinking jimmy hart now from the Rumours about him returning, the GM hates lawler and I can just imagine him loving cole so I think it's him

Kaiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down