The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10 years

5 posters

Go down

10 years Empty 10 years

Post by The Womble Wed 30 May 2012, 10:12 am

Not sure if anyone will be interested in this but I thought I would share this.

10 years ago today, Kris Stewart led a group of football supporters and formed the club AFC Wimbledon in protest at Wimbledon FC being relocated to Milton Keynes. In that 10 years we have risen through the non league pyramid from the Combined Counties League to League 2 and finished our first season as a league club in 16th place.

We currently hold a record for playing consecutive matches without defeat (78) spanning from February 2003 to December 2004. This is an all time record in all English senior football. Arsenal may have gone 49 games unbeaten but we went 78 (ok we were a non league club at the time but I don't care!)

I am very proud to be a AFC Wimbledon supporter and was a very proud Wimbledon FC supporter. To quote an album title by a well known DJ "You've Come A Long Way Baby".

I do have a question for the board though. Does anybody think other fan clubs will make the same kind of success as we have? FC United of Manchester? AFC Telford? AFC Liverpool?

Cheers for your time
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

10 years Empty Re: 10 years

Post by The Special Juan Wed 30 May 2012, 11:42 am

AFC have done really well. It's been remarkable. I don't know a lot about them or the Wimbledon situation but the rise has been brilliant. I'd love to see them stuff the Dons, that's for sure.

Can't see any of the other teams doing quite so well so quickly like Wimbledon have.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed 30 May 2012, 12:22 pm

Didn't AFC have Ralf Little and Harvey play for them at one stage when they were a couple of leagues under the football league or something.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed 30 May 2012, 12:40 pm

bretmeharty wrote:Didn't AFC have Ralf Little and Harvey play for them at one stage when they were a couple of leagues under the football league or something.

MC Harvey played for us for a short time. I saw him score a fantastic volley from about 25 yards. Don't remember Ralf Little playing for us though.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 30 May 2012, 12:51 pm

Ralf Little played against AFC Wimbledon.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Wed 30 May 2012, 2:10 pm

youre a fantastic club, a real credit to the country. i absolutely hate mk dons. may your rise continue

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down