The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leinster team for Tigers - HC QF, Sat 9th April.

4 posters

Go down

Leinster team for Tigers -  HC QF, Sat 9th April.   Empty Leinster team for Tigers - HC QF, Sat 9th April.

Post by Gibson Tue 05 Apr 2011, 11:12 pm

I see the Leinster forum is empty. This cant be allowed to continue, so here goes...

My Leinster team to play Tigers.

15. Nacewa
14. Horgan
13. BOD
12. Darcy
11. McFadden
10. Sexton
9. Reddan

1. Healy
2. Strauss
3. Ross
4. Cullen
5. Hines
6. O Brien
7. Jennings
8. Heaslip.

16. Dundon. 17. Van der Merwe 18. Stan Wright 19. Toner. 20. Rhys Ruddock. 21. Boss. 22. Madigan. 23. Fitzgerald.

If Jennings is still not fit, SOB will play at 7. Mclaughlin, Ryan or Ruddock will fill the blindside spot. Given that, I bet it will be Ruddock at 6 and Mclaughlin, for his line-out ability, on the bench.

I dont expect any fast responses until 606 shuts down. But, it had to be done. 8)
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Leinster team for Tigers -  HC QF, Sat 9th April.   Empty Re: Leinster team for Tigers - HC QF, Sat 9th April.

Post by Cari Wed 06 Apr 2011, 6:38 am

Last edited by Cari on Wed 06 Apr 2011, 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Cari

Back to top Go down

Leinster team for Tigers -  HC QF, Sat 9th April.   Empty Re: Leinster team for Tigers - HC QF, Sat 9th April.

Post by Guest Wed 06 Apr 2011, 11:04 am

Leinster.

I'd be surprised if they dropped Fitzgerald, Gibson.

Blue Magic.

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Wed 06 Apr 2011, 11:18 am

I would be very happy to see that team line up against the Tigers.

I think Fitzy's position isn't certain any more so it is possible he won't start.

McFadden hasn't done anything wrong in recent months and in fact has grown so deserves to command a bit more respect.
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 06 Apr 2011, 12:24 pm

I'd go with Boss and VDM. Start with our toughest 1-9 then wear them down and bring on Healy, Stan and Reddan to open them up. Agree that Jennings is vital though, sweating over his fitness.

Also, I think Fitzy is turning a corner this season and getting back to form, I'd give him the left wing spot. Fegus offers a lot of versitility from the bench.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Wed 06 Apr 2011, 12:39 pm

i'd agree somewhat really. but would rather Sexton start to be honest..

Fitzy fair enough is a call alright. he will get on the wing where he is more use than @ FB.

I fancy him to start with VDM but would be happy for either one to start. I guess if Healy comes on he will offer more in the loose when their forwards are tired.

problem is Tigers have 2 front rows that can be a match for most teams..
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 06 Apr 2011, 1:19 pm

Sexton to start? That's a no brainer Mick. I'm talking about Boss for Reddan.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Wed 06 Apr 2011, 1:21 pm

ha. sorry. I meant Reddan.

my bad..
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 06 Apr 2011, 4:36 pm

Mickado,
That is a cunning plan. It may very well suit playing the Tigers. VD Merwe paired with Ross - has not been found wanting so far against the very best frontrows in Europe.

Along with Boss starting the 1st half - it could be a runner.

Risca Rev,
I agree that Fitzgerald will most likely start. I believe he is being backed & picked to play his way out some dreadful form of late. But, I am being a wee bit ruthless here. No sentiment. I want the well in-form McFadden to play the whole game and Fitz to replace Horgan with 20 mins to go.

Nice here innnit? <zen>

Ah here, Im off back to Auntie. Me ZEN symbol doesnt work. Its a Mare for a Hippy. ;-)
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 07 Apr 2011, 7:07 am

The only thing about that selection is that it's set up for a tough away match. And for team psychology reasons Schmidt might prefer to set us up to play our game as we have played at home, which would mean Reddan and Healy to start. Not sure what his form is like in these situations, we have no precedent!

Exiciting times lads. I woke up this morning and the very first thought in my head was "is it? Ah no it's only Thursday!!"

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down