The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paul Lambert new Villa manager

4 posters

Go down

Paul Lambert new Villa manager Empty Paul Lambert new Villa manager

Post by GSC Sat 02 Jun 2012, 12:17 pm

Per SSN

How long before Holt signs?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Paul Lambert new Villa manager Empty Re: Paul Lambert new Villa manager

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 02 Jun 2012, 12:21 pm

Goodbye Paul Sad

Thanks for the best 3 years I have had as a Norwich fan, you will forever be loved here. I wish you the best of luck in your future, but not a Villa. You deserve bigger than them.
ONE PAUL LAMBERT, THERE'S ONLY ONE PAUL LAMBERT, ONE PAUL LAMBERRRRRRRRT, THERE'S ONLY ONE PAUL LAMBERT notworthy

(Also don't come back and raid our club warning )
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sat 02 Jun 2012, 12:34 pm

Well that's Holt to Villa then. Decent partnership with Bent up front, also the option of Agbonlahor also. I think if Villa can make a couple of signings in the middle of the park and a CB, then they will be pushing for the top half again.

Feel sorry for Norwich and Swansea, victims of their own successes this season. Both managers have done themselves and their clubs proud and I'm sure they will do well at Liverpool and Villa. Great opportunity for the new managers at Norwich and Swansea, both clubs have got a good XI and with a few more signings I'm sure they will stay up.

Also Olly, you say Lambert deserves bigger than Villa, but Villa are still a massive club. Ok, last season they had a stinker, but I think when Mcleish was appointed, it was always going to end in tears. Don't forget, it wasn't long ago Villa under O'neil were knocking on the top 4's door, and also have a European Cup, X7 leagues and X7 FA cups.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 02 Jun 2012, 12:36 pm

martyr_94 wrote:Well that's Holt to Villa then. Decent partnership with Bent up front, also the option of Agbonlahor also. I think if Villa can make a couple of signings in the middle of the park and a CB, then they will be pushing for the top half again.

Feel sorry for Norwich and Swansea, victims of their own successes this season. Both managers have done themselves and their clubs proud and I'm sure they will do well at Liverpool and Villa. Great opportunity for the new managers at Norwich and Swansea, both clubs have got a good XI and with a few more signings I'm sure they will stay up.

Also Olly, you say Lambert deserves bigger than Villa, but Villa are still a massive club. Ok, last season they had a stinker, but I think when Mcleish was appointed, it was always going to end in tears. Don't forget, it wasn't long ago Villa under O'neil were knocking on the top 4's door, and also have a European Cup, X7 leagues and X7 FA cups.

What I meant was he won't be at Villa long. He will move onto a bigger club like he has done here. I predict he will take Villa to Top 8 in two seasons and move onto a Top 4 job. He is destined for great things
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sat 02 Jun 2012, 12:40 pm

I agree he is destined for greater things, but I don't think he will get a top four job in two seasons. Also who do you see as the top four, it has become a bit shrouded in my view recently.

Man Utd, Arsenal and Man City for sure, then you have the old top four with Liverpool and Chelsea with now Spurs, even though not in the champions league finished 4th for the second time in 3 seasons.

I agree, great man manager and I think the Villa fans will appreciate the way he sets his teams out to play, with a lot of hard work and heart, something they didn't see under Mcleish.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 02 Jun 2012, 12:42 pm

I wouldn't be surprised to see Lambert managing in Germany at one point. Especially in Dortmund. He did do all his coaching badges there
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sat 02 Jun 2012, 12:46 pm

Well that's another story, not many British managers that spring to mind tend to go abroad, other than Mclaren in recent years, and he messed up at Wolfsburg. Who would you like to see take over from Lambert Olly?

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 02 Jun 2012, 12:48 pm

martyr_94 wrote:Well that's another story, not many British managers that spring to mind tend to go abroad, other than Mclaren in recent years, and he messed up at Wolfsburg. Who would you like to see take over from Lambert Olly?

Yeah but what I think we are forgetting about Lambert is that he is a winner. Everything he has done as a player and a manager he has won. He just seems to know how to win football games.

As for a replacement, my heart says Malky Mackay, my head says Gus Poyet
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sat 02 Jun 2012, 12:51 pm

I'm not sure Mackay would leave Cardiff. He's building a team there and I don't think he'd jump ship after on season, don't think you would have the money for the compensation that Cardiff would demand for seeing their manager of just one season go.

Poyet is probably the most likely, what about Holloway. Passionate manager, philosophy of attacking free flowing football, all his teams are hard working, would he be someone you would be interested in.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 02 Jun 2012, 12:55 pm

martyr_94 wrote:I'm not sure Mackay would leave Cardiff. He's building a team there and I don't think he'd jump ship after on season, don't think you would have the money for the compensation that Cardiff would demand for seeing their manager of just one season go.

Poyet is probably the most likely, what about Holloway. Passionate manager, philosophy of attacking free flowing football, all his teams are hard working, would he be someone you would be interested in.

I am not interested one bit in Holloway. He is tactically naive as was shown by the second half of Blackpool's season in the Prem. Teams worked them out and he had no plan B. Also don't want the stupid comments he brings to the job, I prefer just getting along with our business without too much attention.

I disagree on Mackay. He played here for 6 seasons and was a firm fan favourite. I think he would jump at the chance to come here and chance his arm in the Prem. We would have the money to get him, we could use some of the money we got for Lambert. McNally showed he is ruthless in getting a manager when we originally got Lambert off Colchester, I expect him to be just as ruthless here.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sat 02 Jun 2012, 12:59 pm

I still can't see Mackay leaving City, he's literally just moved there and got them to the play offs in his first season. I don't think Norwich are nailed on to stay in the prem next season, whereas he can build on his first season with Cardiff, and with new investment from the Malaysian owners, he can really build a team and go after promotion next season.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 02 Jun 2012, 1:02 pm

martyr_94 wrote:I still can't see Mackay leaving City, he's literally just moved there and got them to the play offs in his first season. I don't think Norwich are nailed on to stay in the prem next season, whereas he can build on his first season with Cardiff, and with new investment from the Malaysian owners, he can really build a team and go after promotion next season.

I didn't think Lambert would leave for Villa. Football is a funny thing, and I think the draw of having played here would be a big factor for him.

However as a pure manager I would prefer Poyet. I think he plays a similar style of football to what Lambert did and would really suit our players in terms of that. Plus I think he will be a better manager in the long term
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sat 02 Jun 2012, 1:07 pm

olly the tractor boy wrote:
martyr_94 wrote:I still can't see Mackay leaving City, he's literally just moved there and got them to the play offs in his first season. I don't think Norwich are nailed on to stay in the prem next season, whereas he can build on his first season with Cardiff, and with new investment from the Malaysian owners, he can really build a team and go after promotion next season.

I didn't think Lambert would leave for Villa. Football is a funny thing, and I think the draw of having played here would be a big factor for him.

However as a pure manager I would prefer Poyet. I think he plays a similar style of football to what Lambert did and would really suit our players in terms of that. Plus I think he will be a better manager in the long term

When Lambert was first mentioned as a potential candidate for the Villa job, even I was shocked. But, as time went on, I wasn't as surprised as I first was. Villa are a big club and in need of re-building, what an opportunity for a young manager like Lambert, bit why Rodgers left Swansea for Liverpool, both have an opportunity to re-build both clubs which is a brand new challenge for both of them.

Poyet is destined for great things and would jump at the chance of the Norwich job. Maybe bring Mckail-Smith with him as Holt's replacement, he would be an excellent signing for Norwich.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 02 Jun 2012, 1:13 pm

martyr_94 wrote:
olly the tractor boy wrote:

When Lambert was first mentioned as a potential candidate for the Villa job, even I was shocked. But, as time went on, I wasn't as surprised as I first was. Villa are a big club and in need of re-building, what an opportunity for a young manager like Lambert, bit why Rodgers left Swansea for Liverpool, both have an opportunity to re-build both clubs which is a brand new challenge for both of them.

Poyet is destined for great things and would jump at the chance of the Norwich job. Maybe bring Mckail-Smith with him as Holt's replacement, he would be an excellent signing for Norwich.

NO NO NO!
Mackail-Smith is nowhere near good enough for the Prem. I was so glad when we didnt get him last summer!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Jun 2012, 3:14 pm

I came across the following comment from a BBC article / blog:

108.colu_mike
A Football Disciplinary Commission in June 2010 ruled that Norwich City must pay Colchester United £425,000 in compensation following their recruitment of manager Paul Lambert and his backroom team in August 2009.

Norwich City were also fined £200,000 for breaching regulation 20 which forbids clubs from inducing other club's employees to break their contract of employment.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18307066

For me it puts a new perspective onto matters.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 02 Jun 2012, 4:15 pm

Nore Staat wrote:I came across the following comment from a BBC article / blog:

108.colu_mike
A Football Disciplinary Commission in June 2010 ruled that Norwich City must pay Colchester United £425,000 in compensation following their recruitment of manager Paul Lambert and his backroom team in August 2009.

Norwich City were also fined £200,000 for breaching regulation 20 which forbids clubs from inducing other club's employees to break their contract of employment.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18307066

For me it puts a new perspective onto matters.

What perspective is that then? I know we were a bit naughty in getting Lambert, but I would prefer that and get our man, rather than be soft and not get him
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Jun 2012, 7:14 pm

olly the tractor boy wrote:...What perspective is that then? I know we were a bit naughty in getting Lambert, but I would prefer that and get our man, rather than be soft and not get him
Well, I was thinking it seemed a shame that the clubs with more money to spend came agitating for the managers and players of Swansea, Norwich, Wigan etc. But it seems it is all part of the business, with the Swanseas and the Norwichs and the Wigans doing the same in turn to those teams below them (in the lower leagues etc). It seems to be a system of fishes with the large fish feeding on the smaller fishes, and the smaller fishes feeding off those smaller themselves etc. No loyalty, no "morality", just business and the survival of the fittest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 02 Jun 2012, 7:16 pm

Nore Staat wrote:
olly the tractor boy wrote:...What perspective is that then? I know we were a bit naughty in getting Lambert, but I would prefer that and get our man, rather than be soft and not get him
Well, I was thinking it seemed a shame that the clubs with more money to spend came agitating for the managers and players of Swansea, Norwich, Wigan etc. But it seems it is all part of the business, with the Swanseas and the Norwichs and the Wigans doing the same in turn to those teams below them (in the lower leagues etc). It seems to be a system of fishes with the large fish feeding on the smaller fishes, and the smaller fishes feeding off those smaller themselves etc. No loyalty, no "morality", just business and the survival of the fittest.

Well of course it is, that's how life works.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 04 Jun 2012, 2:43 pm

Malky Mackay reportedly out of the running to be the next manager as Norwich are after somebody with top league experience.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 04 Jun 2012, 2:44 pm

Interesting. Chris Hughton is now 1/2 favourite for the job, but let us remember at one point Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was 1/3 favourite for the Villa job.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down