The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will England Get Out of Their Group?

+7
mystiroakey
Ent
Good Golly I'm Olly
Duty281
GSC
Crimey
The Special Juan
11 posters

Go down

Will England Get Out of Their Group?

Will England Get Out of Their Group? Vote_lcap70%Will England Get Out of Their Group? Vote_rcap 70% 
[ 19 ]
Will England Get Out of Their Group? Vote_lcap30%Will England Get Out of Their Group? Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 27

Will England Get Out of Their Group? Empty Will England Get Out of Their Group?

Post by The Special Juan Sun 03 Jun 2012, 12:44 pm

Ok, we've got mixed opinions so I'll set up a poll. Will England get out of their group?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Will England Get Out of Their Group? Empty Re: Will England Get Out of Their Group?

Post by Crimey Sun 03 Jun 2012, 12:48 pm

I think we will.

We'll probably leave it until the last game, but I think I will.

We're more than capable of getting out of the group it just depends on how the players are on the day.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Will England Get Out of Their Group? Empty Re: Will England Get Out of Their Group?

Post by GSC Sun 03 Jun 2012, 12:52 pm

Depends if 4/5 points will be enough
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 03 Jun 2012, 1:33 pm

Yes with at least 7 points.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 03 Jun 2012, 1:37 pm

Yes we will.

1st : France - 9 pts
2nd: England - 6 pts
3rd: Sweden - 3 Pts
4th : Ukraine - 0 pts

I can see us losing to France but beating Sweden and Ukraine
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 03 Jun 2012, 1:39 pm

50/50 for me, if they tidy up their possession play they will be hard to beat for any side. If not Ivan see France doing them and Sweden getting a draw.

The euros are hard

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 03 Jun 2012, 1:44 pm

Let's see here. England to beat France and Sweden but draw with Ukraine. Ukraine to draw with Sweden and England and lose to France. France to beat Sweden.

England - 7 pts
France - 6 pts
Ukraine - 2 pts
Sweden - 1 pts.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 05 Jun 2012, 11:55 am

it really is much harder than getting out of a world cup group- the euro is of such high quality. but yes i think we will

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 06 Jun 2012, 7:18 pm

I think they will. They still have very good players and a manager who is very good at organising a team. He took over Fulham when they were as good as relegated and kept them up.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Wed 06 Jun 2012, 10:50 pm

The home nation always wins one. Ukraine and France are going through.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer1984 Sun 10 Jun 2012, 11:18 pm

Remember the headline: Swedes 2 Turnips 1.

That was after England last played Sweden in the European Championships.

Roy Hodgson hasn't been in the job long enough yet to be likened to a root vegetable, but I'm sure the press will get round to it in time.

The point of my comment is that the Swedes have been notoriously difficult for England to beat. We've only had two wins in fourteen matches against them since we won the world cup in '66.

There is no particular reason why it should be so. Often, England are the better team but somehow... from somewhere... the Swedes seem to always pull something out of the bag against us.

But if we somehow nick a draw, and other results go our way, we could be in a position where we could stand a chance of going through if we beat Ukraine in our last match, with Sweden needing a result against France.

But I'm not holding my breath.

Jennifer1984

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jun 2012, 11:43 pm

I think the fact that a thread like this has been created says it all really. I have very little faith in this current England side and expect a loss to France straight off the bat.

A lot is being made of our so called sturdy defence but we will concede at this tournament and it's going to make interesting viewing watching us trying to get back into the game. Pessimistic I know but I do wonder if four points will be enough?

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 11 Jun 2012, 10:40 am

Four points should be enough, but I'd be expecting us to get six considering Ukraine and Sweden are at best marginal threats.

That isn't intended to be arrogance, either. We are a marginal threat to the knock out stages - we'll probably get out of the group and then go out in the quarters. On the plus side we'll top up our inexplicable top 10 FIFA ranking...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:27 pm

The ranking is a booby prize for us being done over by FIFA in the world cup bid.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down