The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rio throwing his toys out of the pram

+25
Hibbz
Diggers
Mad for Chelsea
GG
sportform
FIFA Diva
mystiroakey
Imperial Ghosty
TopHat24/7
All Time Great
4putt
Gregers
jeffwinger
Duty281
Hoggy_Bear
Crimey
Liam
BamBam
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Good Golly I'm Olly
Fernando
azania
Nay
Ent
GSC
29 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Rio throwing his toys out of the pram - Page 7 Empty Rio throwing his toys out of the pram

Post by GSC Sun 03 Jun 2012, 7:08 pm

First topic message reminder :

Via representatives

Ferdinand's representative: "To treat a player that has captained & served his country 81 times like this is nothing short of disgraceful."
"Total lack of respect from Hodgson & The FA as far as I'm concerned."
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Rio throwing his toys out of the pram - Page 7 Empty Re: Rio throwing his toys out of the pram

Post by Diggers Wed 06 Jun 2012, 3:28 pm

I owuldnt pick him becasue he has a pending court case as a consequence of causing a rift in the team. But if he had a pending court case for racially abusing a member of the public I wouldnt pick him.
I agree re the punishment for him would be harsh but its far more imprtant the FA set an example which they have failed to do in a massive way.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Rio throwing his toys out of the pram - Page 7 Empty Re: Rio throwing his toys out of the pram

Post by Ent Wed 06 Jun 2012, 3:41 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Diggers you wouldnt pick him because he has a pending court case! I wouldnt pick him because he could (or has) caused a rift in the team.

The FA dont need excuses, they only need to make decsions, they can pick him and they have. Red tape and stuff is immaterial.

But banning him before a trial defies the point in the trial. that is my point. Any punishment he will face after would pail in comparison to missing the euros

Shouldn't really be basing this on what matches he might miss, it is very likely imo if the case were due in May he would have remained unselected until it is over.

Now that is just conjecture but it is fairly sensible.

The FA made a rod for their own backs by stripping him of the captaincy.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 06 Jun 2012, 3:52 pm

its not about basing it on what matches he might miss- its more about basing it on why have a trial if he is punished anyway.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 06 Jun 2012, 4:02 pm

The trial brought by the State and any action taken by the FA at any time are not directly linked. I would hope that should Terry be found guilty he will never play for his country again, that would be a completely different punishment to any fine awarded by the courts.
The timing of the incident and trial may be unfortunate for Terry but thats irrelevant IMO. He should have lobbied for an earlier trial but I suspect was happier it was later rather than sooner.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 06 Jun 2012, 4:08 pm

Sorry diggers i am confused- when is his trial?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 06 Jun 2012, 4:10 pm

i thought it was after the euros, the guy has had a result in my opinion

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 06 Jun 2012, 4:10 pm

mystiroakey wrote:its not about basing it on what matches he might miss- its more about basing it on why have a trial if he is punished anyway.

As others have alluded it is not a punishment per se, it is not uncommon that if a serious allegation is made with enough evidence to merit a trial that people are suspended from work - or in the case of violent crime remanded in custody.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 06 Jun 2012, 4:14 pm

mystiroakey wrote:i thought it was after the euros, the guy has had a result in my opinion

Thats the point, if he is innocent why not clear his name months ago and nobody could have any issue with him being picked. Instead he's happy to wait for the Euros to be over and so we have all this needless speculation.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 06 Jun 2012, 4:17 pm

Ent none of that is relevant dude. Terry isnt suspended and i have no idea why he would be. You lot are getting mixed up with unimportant stuff. If someone is getting charged by the crown for a racist slur on the street they would never get suspended from work(work wouldnt even find out unles sit was one of them youtube tram muppets!!!. If this happened within work then they could possibly be suspended whilst a hearing comes around- I agree with that. But none off us were arguing that terry should be suspended from chelsea- which is the employment he was under whilst he commited the offence. Why the heck is this being brought up for his 'other job' now!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 06 Jun 2012, 4:18 pm

Diggers wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:i thought it was after the euros, the guy has had a result in my opinion

Thats the point, if he is innocent why not clear his name months ago and nobody could have any issue with him being picked. Instead he's happy to wait for the Euros to be over and so we have all this needless speculation.

come on we both think he did it Rio throwing his toys out of the pram - Page 7 732107

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 06 Jun 2012, 4:19 pm

Diggers wrote:

He doesn't have a choice, it's the courts who decided the court date. I doubt it has anything to do with the Euros.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 06 Jun 2012, 4:21 pm

Nobody is getting mixed up. Whats important is that England supposedly stand against racism and they have done nothing to support this stance. They have no obligation to allow the manager to select Terry and I fail to see how anyone couldnt see that wast he correct thing to do. Not selecting Ferdinand has compounded the whole scenario massively.
Also the findings of the CPS are not unimportant, you should realise they are very serious indeed and should not be ignored.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 06 Jun 2012, 4:23 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Ent none of that is relevant dude. Terry isnt suspended and i have no idea why he would be. You lot are getting mixed up with unimportant stuff. If someone is getting charged by the crown for a racist slur on the street they would never get suspended from work(work wouldnt even find out unles sit was one of them youtube tram muppets!!!. If this happened within work then they could possibly be suspended whilst a hearing comes around- I agree with that. But none off us were arguing that terry should be suspended from chelsea- which is the employment he was under whilst he commited the offence. Why the heck is this being brought up for his 'other job' now!!

Well it is relevant, you can be detained or suspended from work for various reasons including public safety, flight risk, damage to employer. Terry's alledged abuse was whilst he was at work, so I'm not sure how the man in the street is relevant. The majority of us would certainly be suspended (and probably fired) if we were heard racially insulting a collegue/customer and there was a complaint made.

Chelsea didn't suspend him as they were under no obligation to and he is a valuable asset to their team. As for England I don't think many would have complained if he was made unavailable for selection until the issue was cleared, the organisation is meant to be inclusive etc and being led by (officially or otherwise) someone awaiting trial for racially aggrevated language (or whatever the official charge is) on a colleague isn't good PR or very inclusive.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 06 Jun 2012, 4:24 pm

Crimey wrote:
Diggers wrote:

He doesn't have a choice, it's the courts who decided the court date. I doubt it has anything to do with the Euros.

Thats not the case, the CPS set the date after consulting with Terrys legal team. I believe evidence was put forward that the nature of Terrys work meant a case was not practical during the season. Cases do not normally take this long to go to trial.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 06 Jun 2012, 4:25 pm

Diggers wrote:

If Im not mistaken Terry asked if the trial could be after the Euros so he is free rather than at the end of the season and missing training or when he might be away for the Euros.

As for Rio he started the season poorly as he adjusted his game to losing pace but he found his feet and finished strongly wereas Terry finished poorly getting the run around against Liverpool then getting sent off for kicking Sanchez for no reason is that what England want to risk? Especially if they are already missing Rooney for 2 games?

Rio was better than Cahill, Kelly and Terry this season yet doesnt go?Lescott at times looked like he had errors in him particularly against QPR when the pressure was on.
Carrick too had a great season yet Barry and Henderson went before him.

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 06 Jun 2012, 4:25 pm

England and chelsea are happy to go by our take on the law - as i said previously. innocent untill being proven guilty. end of story really diggers.

I agree id have kicked him out the team but for the 'actual' reasons and plenty from the past. But not for this nonsense about suspending him from work due to a pending trial

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 06 Jun 2012, 4:26 pm

Its not nonsense, far from it. Its common sense.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 06 Jun 2012, 4:26 pm

Kelly and Henderson were picked because they were happy to go on the standby list, unlike Carrick, I'm not sure about Ferdinand, but that is the reason they were picked.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 06 Jun 2012, 4:27 pm

Diggers wrote:
Crimey wrote:
Diggers wrote:

Thats not the case, the CPS set the date after consulting with Terrys legal team. I believe evidence was put forward that the nature of Terrys work meant a case was not practical during the season. Cases do not normally take this long to go to trial.

Depends on lots of matters, wether the person will be detained or anyother deviation from normal life, court days required, availability of the representatives etc. Obviously I'm no expert but it seems to me a trial can be delayed quite easily.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 06 Jun 2012, 4:29 pm

Crimey wrote:Kelly and Henderson were picked because they were happy to go on the standby list, unlike Carrick, I'm not sure about Ferdinand, but that is the reason they were picked.

Carrick requested not to be considered unless he was going to be involved - or something like that.

I don't begrudge Kelly going, good luck to him - but looking at the bigger picture he has 12 appearances this season and 2 minutes of international experience yet is going to a summer tournament, stand by list or not it's ridiculous.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 06 Jun 2012, 4:31 pm

Diggers wrote:Its not nonsense, far from it. Its common sense.

kick him out the team if you think he is racist, otherwise wait for our law system to judge him. that is the only common sense i can see on here

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 06 Jun 2012, 4:32 pm

mystiroakey wrote:

kick him out the team if you think he is racist, otherwise wait for our law system to judge him. that is the only common sense i can see on here

Remember the shades of grey.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 06 Jun 2012, 4:32 pm

Ent wrote:
Diggers wrote:
Crimey wrote:
Diggers wrote:

Depends on lots of matters, wether the person will be detained or anyother deviation from normal life, court days required, availability of the representatives etc. Obviously I'm no expert but it seems to me a trial can be delayed quite easily.

Exactly, and lets face it John "I have no shame" Terry would rather go to the Euros and then be found a racist than attempt to clear his name as soon as possible.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 06 Jun 2012, 4:34 pm

mystiroakey wrote:

And just ignore all the damage is doing to Englands Football Against Racism stance ? Cant you see that common sense in not selecting him would have helped the FA's cause and not made them look utterly hypocritical ?

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 06 Jun 2012, 4:36 pm

I am happy to kick him out the team, just dont understand your suspension resaoning thats all diggers- i have made this very clear

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 06 Jun 2012, 4:38 pm

Fair enough, tehy are crystal to me but ultimately whats it matter. The scum is going and he is going becasue they intend to start him. Hopefully he will get himself suspended anyway.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 06 Jun 2012, 4:39 pm

Ent wrote:
Crimey wrote:Kelly and Henderson were picked because they were happy to go on the standby list, unlike Carrick, I'm not sure about Ferdinand, but that is the reason they were picked.

Carrick requested not to be considered unless he was going to be involved - or something like that.

I don't begrudge Kelly going, good luck to him - but looking at the bigger picture he has 12 appearances this season and 2 minutes of international experience yet is going to a summer tournament, stand by list or not it's ridiculous.

I know Carrick asked not be put on the standby list but he should have been in the initial squad and personally I felt he was back to his best this season and thats not a biased Utd fan, I thought he should have been sold at the start of the season but he came good and is 10 times the player of Gareth Barry steam

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 06 Jun 2012, 4:41 pm

Not much between Carrick and Barry for me. Barry is more dynamic and better defensively, Carrick reads the game better and is a beter passer. Id have had both in my squad if fit.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 06 Jun 2012, 4:47 pm

Diggers wrote:Not much between Carrick and Barry for me. Barry is more dynamic and better defensively, Carrick reads the game better and is a beter passer. Id have had both in my squad if fit.

For me though the way Lampard finished the season and adapting a more defensive game at times theyd have been great together with Gerrard further ahead and 2 wideplayers I could have seen England as real contenders playing a passing and counterattacking style

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 06 Jun 2012, 4:49 pm

Sounds good on paper Marty but then Lampard and Gerrard always did.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 06 Jun 2012, 4:57 pm

Diggers wrote:Not much between Carrick and Barry for me. Barry is more dynamic and better defensively, Carrick reads the game better and is a beter passer. Id have had both in my squad if fit.

Don't agree he is better defensively and neither are particularly dynamic so it's not a great compliment/strength!

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 06 Jun 2012, 5:08 pm

meeeh to all off our central midfielders.

we have good players in other positions though. I hoenstly feel as though if our players get chances they will score most of them. Not totally convinced about other sides ability to do that bar holland

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 06 Jun 2012, 5:26 pm

mystiroakey wrote:meeeh to all off our central midfielders.

we have good players in other positions though. I hoenstly feel as though if our players get chances they will score most of them. Not totally convinced about other sides ability to do that bar holland

Spain:

Iniesta
Pedro
Llorente
Silva

Germany:

Klose
Podolski
Muller
Ozil
Kroos
Goetze

France:

Ribery
Benzema
Menez

I think all those players would take any chance presented to them. Not that I'm denying England can't either, for Defoe still remains a prolific goal scorer, Welbeck showed this season and that winner against Belgium he can also finish off an opportunity, but you can't say other teams apart from Holland can't, if that was the case England would be favourites don't you think?.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 06 Jun 2012, 5:51 pm

TBH I don't even think that's relevant as our midfield isn't creative enough to create many chances anyway.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 06 Jun 2012, 6:03 pm

Rio is cut from the same cloth as JT poor attitudes. I wish that both were not picked as they are getting worse, not better. Micah Richards seems to not be bothered with internationals, not Roy's fault. Oxlade Chamberlain has nothing bar his pace, just another Walcott clone, actually Walcott is better. Zaha from Crystal Palace and Moses from Wigan are far better than Oxlade.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 06 Jun 2012, 6:05 pm

i dont think we are gonna get that many chances at all, my point is being able to finsh (fingers crossed) in that scenario. we are way down on being favs for this matyr, but i am confident we can defend and i am confident we can score- luckily we have so many quick forward winger types because our central midfeld hasnt done zip all for yonks

Last edited by mystiroakey on Wed 06 Jun 2012, 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 06 Jun 2012, 6:13 pm

Wingers are dead in modern football mysti. Todays game you can't just run down the line and cross it if you want to score goals. Hope England are destroyed tbh they have a losers attitude.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 06 Jun 2012, 6:17 pm

Oddly enough mr Wum, i cant even remember england crossing the ball in the last two games. But crack on

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 06 Jun 2012, 6:25 pm

The definition of a winger has changed in the modern day. The only out and out old fashioned winger I can think of off the top of my head is Bale on the left wing. Strong, athletic and quick, his game is based on taking on the full back, beaten him for pace and then putting in a telling cross, something he has been superb at for the last few years.

Now, its more right footers on the left and lefties on the right, so both can cut inside of the full backs and have a shot at goal. Only problem is, as Robben found out when he came up against Cole, is that when you are so reliant of one foot, you become predictable and imo easier to defend against because you know they will have to come onto their better foot sooner or later. The only winger who is can vary his game is Pedro, and that's because he's basically two footed. Watch out for him, he has been kept out of the Barca side this season but finished it well, and if he plays like he did the season before last Spain could be onto a winner.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 06 Jun 2012, 6:28 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Wingers are dead in modern football mysti. Todays game you can't just run down the line and cross it if you want to score goals. Hope England are destroyed tbh they have a losers attitude.

Yet, Antonio Valencia did that all season to great effect.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 06 Jun 2012, 6:53 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Rio is cut from the same cloth as JT poor attitudes. I wish that both were not picked as they are getting worse, not better. Micah Richards seems to not be bothered with internationals, not Roy's fault. Oxlade Chamberlain has nothing bar his pace, just another Walcott clone, actually Walcott is better. Zaha from Crystal Palace and Moses from Wigan are far better than Oxlade.

Rio hasn't actually said anything about not being selected.

Zaha will play for DR Congo and Moses is a Nigerian International.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 06 Jun 2012, 6:58 pm

Az i am a palace fan(we had moses as well) - so i know about them both quite well

Moses has been in this country a long time -and has been part of the youth system - I am sure he is eligable to play for england! he played for us at under 16 level.. and went to harris academy in south norward

We have nutured him up to that standard- and i would love to see him play for us!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 06 Jun 2012, 6:59 pm

or has he allready picked nigeria!!!!

just checking it out- yeah gutted with that big time.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 06 Jun 2012, 7:47 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Oddly enough mr Wum, i cant even remember england crossing the ball in the last two games. But crack on
clap

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 06 Jun 2012, 7:49 pm

They rely on Lampard, Rooney and Cole too much. The others don't have it in them.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 06 Jun 2012, 10:11 pm

Sol Campbell: None of this surprises me as I've experienced 1st-hand the FA's inability to treat players properly, if it is ever proven true that Terry was chosen over Rio because of race then I would tell the FA that they can take back my 73 caps & scrub my name out of the record books. I would no longer want to be known as someone who played for England – that would be the end. From the Guardian

Wouldn't it be nice for the media to not try to sabotage our campaign before it starts? Especially as they are bigging up absolute crap this time.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 06 Jun 2012, 10:17 pm

Thats some choice words from cambell - blimey

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 06 Jun 2012, 10:18 pm

He pretty much confirmed in the first sentence that he has a massive chip on his shoulder against the FA.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 06 Jun 2012, 10:20 pm

His problem being Fabio didn't pick him for the world cup in 2010

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jun/06/sol-campbell-rio-ferdinand-england
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 06 Jun 2012, 10:23 pm

Its laughable his suggestion that Hodgson should've bent over backwards for a player he didn't want to select. He's the England manager, its his right to name his squad.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next