The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tim Bradley Will Not Beat Pac Man: Here's Why

4 posters

Go down

Tim Bradley Will Not Beat Pac Man: Here's Why Empty Tim Bradley Will Not Beat Pac Man: Here's Why

Post by davidemore Mon 04 Jun 2012, 11:32 am

I think Bradley presents Pac's biggest challenge since Cotto. I think what Tim does best will be at it's best when he steps in to face the Filipino banger. Tim moves as he moves in on his opponent, Tim constantly applies pressure, throws in bunches and works the body hard. Tim is aggresive and has self belief...

This is why Tim Bradley will not see 12 rounds.

For me Pac Man is on the slide. He's simply not prime anymore, and as a result he is getting caught more and bruising up more. Also, if you fight him on the back foot or with a firm defense, he finds it harder to break down his opponents. See JMM, Clottey and Mosely as examples.

But, i think Bradley wont fight on the backfoot, and he is not a counter-puncher. His instinct will take over against Pac Man, he will resort to wide angled punches and lunging in. Head down or not, this will be perfect for a stratergy that devised by Roach, will see Pac being the counter-puncher. Tim throws punches from too wide an angle, leaving himself open, and although he is good at getting on the inside it is sign posted when he does, despite the bobbing and weaving. Add to this the fact that he has been very inactive, and beat up an old man in his last fight, i feel Tim will go out, and go out on his sword.

This will sound contradictory, but i do genuinly believe Tim is a live opponent. He is young, has real self belief, an 0, and always seems to find a way, usually an ugly way but a way nonetheless, to take the spirit from his opponents and break them down. Much like Ward but without the skill.

I just feel that this plays into Pac's hands. The constant pressure he applies isn't cultured enough, and his own talk suggests he's really going to take it to Pac. He mentioned spending two rounds figuring his opponent out in an interview. Well, this to me just means he'll be two rounds down on the cards, and by the third will resort to what he does best, bullying and pressure.

Tim Bradley KO'd in the tenth.

Thoughts?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Tim Bradley Will Not Beat Pac Man: Here's Why Empty Re: Tim Bradley Will Not Beat Pac Man: Here's Why

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 04 Jun 2012, 1:24 pm

If Brad comes forward then you would imagine that sooner or later Pac is going to start working him over with hard shots. Depends what he has left, but Pac should get it done, one way or another.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Tim Bradley Will Not Beat Pac Man: Here's Why Empty Re: Tim Bradley Will Not Beat Pac Man: Here's Why

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 04 Jun 2012, 2:20 pm

Unless Bradley shows us something vastly different I can't see any other outcome apart from a Pacquiao KO. Pacquiao thrives on people who are aggressive and attack him.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 04 Jun 2012, 2:45 pm

im picking bradley for the upset. if the same manny who fought jmm and mosley turns up bradley will outwork him.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down