The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan: how do you beat him without a KO?

+18
Scottrf
coxy0001
huw
Daz
The Money Man
AlexHuckerby
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Bob
Rowley
ShahenshahG
ONETWOFOREVER
DaveVDK
Fists of Fury
School Project
Jukebox Timebomb
Colonial Lion
BALTIMORA
Seanusarrilius
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Khan: how do you beat him without a KO? Empty Khan: how do you beat him without a KO?

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 21 Sep 2011, 6:30 pm

Now i am not saying he is unbeatable, far from it, after all he has already been ebaten. But Khan is turning into a p4p list fighter. He is incredibly fast with hs hands, has a height and reach advantage over all the other top fighters at 140 and pretty much all of them at 147 too. decent power as proven by the way he was dismantling Zab. Decent footwork. He can afford to fight at range too.

So in light of all this Khan v FLoyd talk. How would Floyd go about beating him without knocking him out? He might just knock him out but you get my point.

Just a hypotheical on a slow board day. I personally have my reasons as to how Floyd beats Khan which i think as the best of the best he would. But let's hear from you guys.

www.maineventboxing.wordpress.com

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Khan: how do you beat him without a KO? Empty Re: Khan: how do you beat him without a KO?

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 21 Sep 2011, 6:34 pm

He'd make him miss and wear him down, most likely.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Khan: how do you beat him without a KO? Empty Re: Khan: how do you beat him without a KO?

Post by Colonial Lion Wed 21 Sep 2011, 6:39 pm

Maidana came close enough without a KO and I think closing down Khan, pressurising him, cutting off the ring and so on makes life vey difficult for him.

Mayweather can fight in so many different ways that you never know how he will approach a fight but I suspect if he fought in the manner he did against Mosely and adopted an aggressive and bullying approach Khan would struggle.

Colonial Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Jukebox Timebomb Wed 21 Sep 2011, 6:47 pm

If Maidana could out-box Khan for long periods then he definitely isn't unbeatable.

Jukebox Timebomb

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed 21 Sep 2011, 6:50 pm

I have to agree with Balti and Colonial...

Walk him down, Khan is improving, but he fades from mid rounds, I think a sturdy pressure fighter would cause him problems but would need to get him up against the rope or drag him to the trenches.

He doesn't have a lot of answers when guys get close to him when he's in trouble but he has good foot movement and punches out of problem.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 21 Sep 2011, 7:02 pm

He wasn't outboxed, jukebox, by that you are insinuating that Maidana actually has boxing skills, more outworked and outhustled for a few rounds.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveVDK Wed 21 Sep 2011, 7:12 pm

khan still has technical flaws, a surgeon like floyd would find him an easy nights work imo.

DaveVDK

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 21 Sep 2011, 7:36 pm

Easy pressure Khan simple, whatever game plan "shakes" has sent him in the ring with will automatically be thrown out the window as Khan reverts to type and stands in front of you.........like a scared rabbit.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Sep 2011, 7:49 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Easy pressure Khan simple, whatever game plan "shakes" has sent him in the ring with will automatically be thrown out the window as Khan reverts to type and stands in front of you.........like a scared rabbit.

How can you compare a guy, who's prepared to risk his life and health everytime he steps into the ring, to a scared rabbit?

I expect a scared rabbit would be YOU if you had to face Khan in a ring or otherwise.

Stupidity may be innate, but disrespect can be tempered.

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 21 Sep 2011, 7:57 pm

emancipator wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Easy pressure Khan simple, whatever game plan "shakes" has sent him in the ring with will automatically be thrown out the window as Khan reverts to type and stands in front of you.........like a scared rabbit.

How can you compare a guy, who's prepared to risk his life and health everytime he steps into the ring, to a scared rabbit?

I expect a scared rabbit would be YOU if you had to face Khan in a ring or otherwise.

You can expect whatever you like mate and I have the right to my opinion. Khan's behaviour disgusts me sometimes yes his willingness to take fights against fighters such as Barerra and Morales disgusts me yes, his short cut to success and disdain for those who struggle up the ranks without the Olympic tag disgusts me yes, his eagerness to land a shot at Mayweather disgusts me yes, his calling out of fighters who he knows he will never step in the ring with disgusts me yes but this is not what the article is about its about how to beat him without the ko and I have answered that,

ps If I was in the ring with Khan I would ko him in brutal fashion.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Sep 2011, 8:05 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
emancipator wrote:

You can expect whatever you like mate and I have the right to my opinion. Khan's behaviour disgusts me sometimes yes his willingness to take fights against fighters such as Barerra and Morales disgusts me yes, his short cut to success and disdain for those who struggle up the ranks without the Olympic tag disgusts me yes, his eagerness to land a shot at Mayweather disgusts me yes, his calling out of fighters who he knows he will never step in the ring with disgusts me yes but this is not what the article is about its about how to beat him without the ko and I have answered that,

That's a strange one; I thought boxers were usually lauded for their willingness to take on the best.

BTW, you forgot to add:

yes, his phony world titles disgust me
yes, all the money he makes disgusts me
yes, the fact that he's one of the best boxers in the world disgusts me
yes, the way he speaks disgusts me
yes, his ears disgust me

Oh.. and I'm sure you would KO him in brutal fashion. Funny enough, I've never met a keyboard warrior who couldn't do that. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 21 Sep 2011, 8:13 pm

Onetwo - you challenged me to a fight, then didnt turn up and left the old 606 for three weeks only to change your name come back and then claim that the gym didnt exist and that there wasn't a gym in Luton. I hardly think you would even dream of beating Khan. Probably got Julius to write it for you, that one was too dumb to be scared.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 21 Sep 2011, 8:16 pm

Shah my old friend. Thing is Shah if you remember you said you was a light heavy while I am a welterweight so fight off and it was not a fight but a sparring session, full contact tho.

Good to hear from you stick around this time.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 21 Sep 2011, 8:34 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Onetwo - you challenged me to a fight, then didnt turn up and left the old 606 for three weeks only to change your name come back and then claim that the gym didnt exist and that there wasn't a gym in Luton. I hardly think you would even dream of beating Khan. Probably got Julius to write it for you, that one was too dumb to be scared.

In all fairness Shah you may have arranged the fight during the period on 606 when onetwo was a teenage girl. Picking a fight with a girl is a bit low mate.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveVDK Wed 21 Sep 2011, 8:55 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
emancipator wrote:

Khan never fought Morales. And also, Khan was asked by Freddie Roach if he wanted to quit in the 10th against Maidana, hardly goes with your "scared rabbit" theory does it?

DaveVDK

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 21 Sep 2011, 9:02 pm

How dare he want to fight the best fighter in and around his weight. I have not been this annoyed with a fighter since Froch expressed a wish to fight Calzaghe some time ago. Makes my blood boil the jumped up so and so, the sooner Khan starts calling Gavin Rees out and learns his place the better

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Wed 21 Sep 2011, 9:05 pm

emancipator wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
emancipator wrote:

Oh.. and I'm sure you would KO him in brutal fashion. Funny enough, I've never met a keyboard warrior who couldn't do that. Rolling Eyes

Excuse me, but as a noted keyboard warrior of some ferocity I am perfectly willing to admit that Khan would scrape himself off the floor a few times to score a narrow and controversial points victory were we to rumble.

Some of us face reality, pal!

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 21 Sep 2011, 9:11 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
emancipator wrote:

For a start he never fought Morales and won't now.

The Barerra fight was different a lot of young up and comers have the name of a top fighter who is past it at the time on their record.

As for the Olympian tag it's the pinnacle of amateur boxing and deserves a bit of a fast track to the top in the pro game.

Who doesn't want to fight Mayweather it would be his largest pay day by a mile and it shows he wants to take on the best.

Who has he called out with no intention of getting in the ring with?

As for how do you beat him Bradley's rough tactics and good work on the inside would have done it for me but it would have been close and I'm more inclined to lean towards Khan now in that head to head.

As for who else their is I can only see Mayweather and Pacquiao around 140/7lbs divisions with the capabilities. There is no one else with the inside game and the skills to do it. Being a brawler isn't enough just like he showed against Maidana. A very good boxer could beat him with a good jab and good movement but outside the obvious their is no one to do that. Khan is very technically good with a lovely jab and decent power and he's very quick with both hands and feet. A very talented guy just not very likeable although he was alright on Primetime on Saturday night.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 21 Sep 2011, 9:35 pm

18 months or so and we may see khan in with kell brook. i get a feeling he would have the drop on him. awkward to fight and negates khans skill and speed due to his counter punching and power in almost an fmj like way. but its difficult to truly know.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 21 Sep 2011, 9:36 pm

For a start he never fought Morales and won't now.

The Barerra fight was different a lot of young up and comers have the name of a top fighter who is past it at the time on their record.

As for the Olympian tag it's the pinnacle of amateur boxing and deserves a bit of a fast track to the top in the pro game.

Who doesn't want to fight Mayweather it would be his largest pay day by a mile and it shows he wants to take on the best.

As for how do you beat him Bradley's rough tactics and good work on the inside would have done it for me but it would have been close and I'm more inclined to lean towards Khan now in that head to head.

As for who else their is I can only see Mayweather and Pacquiao around 140/7lbs divisions with the capabilities. There is no one else with the inside game and the skills to do it. Being a brawler isn't enough just like he showed against Maidana. A very good boxer could beat him with a good jab and good movement but outside the obvious their is no one to do that. Khan is very technically good with a lovely jab and decent power and he's very quick with both hands and feet. A very talented guy just not very likeable although he was alright on Primetime on Saturday night.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off Kev I never said he fought Morales the fact he has called out an old time disgusts me.
Secondly the Barerra fight WAS a disgrace as the man had been shot for years. Does Ali look good on Holmes's record?
Thirdly the Olympic tag never used to mean you get a smooth path to a title like he did against weak champion Kotelnik,this after being koed by the Columbian.
Forth Mayweather is the best but there are other fighters out there who are below Mayweather who Khan would like to side step. Khan should face them first.
Fifth Who has Khan called out? After the Malignaggi fight Khan said " I would fight URANGO and KNOCK HIM OUT" does anyone here believe Khan's team would put him in against URANGO?

Thank you I think the word your looking for is schooled.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Sep 2011, 9:42 pm

I think Floyd has far too much tactical nous and boxing skill to be troubled by Khan at the present time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Sep 2011, 9:46 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:For a start he never fought Morales and won't now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off Kev I never said he fought Morales the fact he has called out an old time disgusts me.
Secondly the Barerra fight WAS a disgrace as the man had been shot for years. Does Ali look good on Holmes's record?
Thirdly the Olympic tag never used to mean you get a smooth path to a title like he did against weak champion Kotelnik,this after being koed by the Columbian.
Forth Mayweather is the best but there are other fighters out there who are below Mayweather who Khan would like to side step. Khan should face them first.
Fifth Who has Khan called out? After the Malignaggi fight Khan said " I would fight URANGO and KNOCK HIM OUT" does anyone here believe Khan's team would put him in against URANGO?

Thank you I think the word your looking for is schooled.

Indeed.. something you've clearly not had the privilege of

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 21 Sep 2011, 9:47 pm

Schooled Laugh

He never called out Morales he was getting asked about it because Morales wanted to box and he was fighting for a vacant title. Khan has always said he wanted to unify the titles.

I never said Barerra was a good win I said it happens a lot not just with Khan you gave an example of it yourself. So in trying to argue with me you backed up my point. Thank you!

Like I said the Olypmics is the pinnacle of amateur boxing and on most occasions proves a fighter to be of a certain calibre.

Kotelnik wasn't that weak he lost a close one to Alexander who along with Bradley have shown little desire to face Khan. Khan took on the most dangerous man who would fight him at 140lbs in Maidana He could have had an easier one than that.

Instead of the washed up Urango he beat Maidana. Younger, fresher and at the time better. If they put him in against Maidana why would they hesitate about Urango?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 21 Sep 2011, 9:51 pm

Whatever we think of his chances the truth is Khan is give or take the number one at lightwelter and has pretty muh done everything he can to prove he deserves that status and is calling one of the top two fighters in the world out who just happens to be in the division above him.

In fact you could say it is about the same as when Hatton was calling Floyd out, don't recall too many people slating Ricky for it, in fact from what I remember he was applauded for his willingness to fight the best, does Khan seriously have that much less a chance than Hatton did?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 21 Sep 2011, 9:54 pm

He's not a likeable guy like Ricky so in the eyes of the nuggets he's not allowed to want a fight Floyd. He has to beat every other fighter that is ranked top 10 at 140 & 147lbs by all of the organisations before he dare call for that fight.

IMO he's more deserving of the Floyd fight than Ortiz was.

Last edited by prettyboykev on Wed 21 Sep 2011, 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 21 Sep 2011, 9:54 pm

also golden boy wanted to pin him against an easy defence but khan chose maidana gimse5f due to people talking about his chin. wants to prove himself went after the likes of bradley and mayweather wants the standout fights we need more guys like khan

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 21 Sep 2011, 9:56 pm

Khan chose Maidana because it was that or be stripped, wasn't it?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 21 Sep 2011, 9:57 pm

if all this disgusts you youre in the wrong sport onetwo...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 21 Sep 2011, 10:00 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:Khan chose Maidana because it was that or be stripped, wasn't it?

no schaefer had an easy yurri foreman like defence but he fought maidana instead

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 21 Sep 2011, 10:00 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:Khan chose Maidana because it was that or be stripped, wasn't it?

No I don't think so. It wasn't at that stage yet because he hadn't had a fight since Maidana had been named his mandatory challenger.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 21 Sep 2011, 10:06 pm

They would rather forget this BALTI Khan ducked Maidana his mandatory for months, should have faced him after the magic man fight. His desperate performance confirmed that he wanted to stay away.

Kev Khan recently stated before the fight with Mathyese was called off that he would rather Morales won so he could face him instead of Mathyese.....FACT!

kev URANGO might be limited as a fighter but so is Maidana and look what he did to Khan. Khan is lucky that the days of 15 round contests are a thing of the past.

Kevyou can make as many excuses for Khan facing Barerra as you want the fight was a disgrace and I dont hear a lot of people talking about that fight since.

As for Alexanda a man who has faced and beaten URANGO and fought Bradley you assumption that he is scared of Khan is laughable.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed 21 Sep 2011, 10:21 pm

Khan did face Maidana after Malignaggi. You really don'know where your going with this do you?

Much more money in facing Morales than Matthysse that's an easy decision.

I never said Maidana was that good just that he was better than the version of Urango that was around at the time. Plus if he had fought Urango it would have meant he didn't fight Maidana who you already accused him of ducking despite him fighting him. Headscratch

I never once made an excuse for the Barerra fight I'm saying he's not the only one that has done it a lot of top prospects have done it in the past.

Alexander and Bradley only fought each other because of the lucrative contracts that HBO offered them if they fought. Neither wanted anything to do with Khan.

What is your strange obsession with Urango? Is that the same Alexander who got a gift against Kotelnik?

Look I don't like the guy but if your going to slag him off make sure you are right about what your saying. He isn't a ducker and has tried to take on the best he can.

SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed 21 Sep 2011, 10:28 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

They would rather forget this BALTI Khan ducked Maidana his mandatory for months, should have faced him after the magic man fight. His desperate performance confirmed that he wanted to stay away.

Kev Khan recently stated before the fight with Mathyese was called off that he would rather Morales won so he could face him instead of Mathyese.....FACT!

kev URANGO might be limited as a fighter but so is Maidana and look what he did to Khan. Khan is lucky that the days of 15 round contests are a thing of the past.

Kevyou can make as many excuses for Khan facing Barerra as you want the fight was a disgrace and I dont hear a lot of people talking about that fight since.

As for Alexanda a man who has faced and beaten URANGO and fought Bradley you assumption that he is scared of Khan is laughable.

Look, I'm probably one of Khans biggest critic of these boards... but the fact is he DID fight Maidana. He almost got KTFO, but Ho took the fight and won. You can say that Bradley isn't scared of Khan or that Bradley was stripped to allow Morales the belt by the WBC. But in all fairness to Khan, he said he would be comfortable fighting Maidana and after the Alexander v Bradley fight, to fight the winner.

Now on paper, that seems like a kid who wants the big fights and for a kid who is comfortable with fighting the best in his division.

The fact is, Bradley is happy to accept that his WBC belt is with another guy just because he couldn't be bothered to fight a guy who was a legitimate threat to him.

As much as I dislike Khan, he has called out Bradley enough and offered enough on the table to secure Bradleys biggest payday. It would seem to me that Bradley is scared of fighting Khan regardless of what anyone else says.

Last edited by School Project on Wed 21 Sep 2011, 10:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 21 Sep 2011, 10:32 pm

Kotelnik - Belt holder and genuine top ten LWW
Salita - Rubbish
Malignaggi - Genuine Top ten LWW
Maidana - Genuine top ten LWW
Mcloskey - Top ten LWW in most rankings
Judah - Belt holder and genuine top ten LWW

So in his last six fights we have two belt holders, 5 of 6 guys in the top ten at the weight and one gimme. Not bad by my reckoning unless it is Khan's fault the division is not particularly rich with talent, may as well be, many of the games ills appear to be.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed 21 Sep 2011, 10:35 pm

prettyboykev wrote:Khan did face Maidana after Malignaggi. You really don'know where your going with this do you?

Much more money in facing Morales than Matthysse that's an easy decision.

I never said Maidana was that good just that he was better than the version of Urango that was around at the time. Plus if he had fought Urango it would have meant he didn't fight Maidana who you already accused him of ducking despite him fighting him. Headscratch

I never once made an excuse for the Barerra fight I'm saying he's not the only one that has done it a lot of top prospects have done it in the past.

Alexander and Bradley only fought each other because of the lucrative contracts that HBO offered them if they fought. Neither wanted anything to do with Khan.

What is your strange obsession with Urango? Is that the same Alexander who got a gift against Kotelnik?

Look I don't like the guy but if your going to slag him off make sure you are right about what your saying. He isn't a ducker and has tried to take on the best he can.

I could have just agreed with thus actually.

Look ONETWO... its not that we love Khan, but everyone is singing from the same page here. Khan is a bit of a clown outside the ring, but you can't accuse him of ducking in recent times. He's fought who's put in front of him because there's no one else who Santa to touch him apart from Prescott... who at this stage would be anhilated by Khan.

Bradley was the best guy out there, but Bradley was happy to bend over and let the WBC hump him for his belt, just so he didn't have to lose his belt to Khan.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 21 Sep 2011, 10:57 pm

I remember the very mild mannered rowley getting vexed at Khan for mouthing off wanting to fight this guy and that guy. Then a slow grudging respect, followed by a open admission that Khan had backed up his talk and would get his respect if he continued in this vein. Now here he is defending Khan. True gent is Jazzy Jeff - always gives credit and criticism where its due.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 22 Sep 2011, 12:52 am

Jukebox Timebomb wrote:If Maidana could out-box Khan for long periods then he definitely isn't unbeatable.

Maidana did not outbox him for long periods, he outgunned him. Maidana has not outboxed a fighter of Khans quality in his life

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 22 Sep 2011, 12:54 am

Seanusarrilius wrote:
Jukebox Timebomb wrote:If Maidana could out-box Khan for long periods then he definitely isn't unbeatable.

Maidana did not outbox him for long periods, he outgunned him. Maidana has not outboxed a fighter of Khans quality in his life

I'm not sure Maidana has ever out boxed a fighter in his life. He makes Micheal Katsidis look like Pernell Wittaker!
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Money Man Thu 22 Sep 2011, 2:09 am

To get a couple of things straight here

1. Maidana was Khans mandatory but it was Khan who made sure that fight happened

2. Since the Salita fight which you can't blame Khan for as it was his mandatory challenger, he has seeked out and fought the highest ranked available fighter, hardly the sign of a man going for the easy option.

3. How many other fighters can claim to have beaten 5 of their divisions top ten fighters?

The Money Man

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 22 Sep 2011, 2:19 am

ShahenshahG wrote:I remember the very mild mannered rowley getting vexed at Khan for mouthing off wanting to fight this guy and that guy. Then a slow grudging respect, followed by a open admission that Khan had backed up his talk and would get his respect if he continued in this vein. Now here he is defending Khan. True gent is Jazzy Jeff - always gives credit and criticism where its due.

think hes married mate sorry...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 22 Sep 2011, 8:01 am

You are young, and you see little, I was merely pointing out that Jeff can hardly be called a Khan fanboy as onetwo sees to be implying. But you are young and it seems that your vision is obscured by the testicles hanging from your forehead. I know that you have to swing your nuts from side to side like Newtons Cradle to see, So I Forgive and forget and turn the other cheek, and I walk away from this fight with my hands covering my backside, just in case you try to head butt me in the arse.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 22 Sep 2011, 8:52 am

Personally just find it ironic that onetwo is as vocal a critic of Calzaghe as you would ever hope to encounter and has frequently and vocally slated Joe on more than one occasion for not fighting Roy Jones or doing more to secure the fight when Roy was in his pomp. Now lets looks at that situation. Joe was a supermiddleweight champion fighting in the division below the best fighter in the world and didn't express too much desire to move up or make any real noises about securing the fight.

Khan is a lightwelter weight champion operating in the division below the best fighter in the world, has talked of moving up and is vocal in his attempts to meet the best fighter in the world and still gets slated. As Truss might put it "go figure"

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 22 Sep 2011, 9:05 am

It's points isn't it? That, or a disqualification.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Thu 22 Sep 2011, 9:06 am

To get back on topic...Khan is an outside fighter. He doesnt have many more dimensions to his game. The way to beat him is on the inside as he doesnt know how to box in the pocket. Walk him down and beat him on the inside.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Thu 22 Sep 2011, 10:07 am

rowley wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:Onetwo - you challenged me to a fight, then didnt turn up and left the old 606 for three weeks only to change your name come back and then claim that the gym didnt exist and that there wasn't a gym in Luton. I hardly think you would even dream of beating Khan. Probably got Julius to write it for you, that one was too dumb to be scared.

In all fairness Shah you may have arranged the fight during the period on 606 when onetwo was a teenage girl. Picking a fight with a girl is a bit low mate.

Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha - that is all.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 22 Sep 2011, 10:11 am

Can i just say that Maidana, as limited as he is, didn't lose by the biggest of margins... Didn't most have him by 3?

Would fancy a far superior technician to quite simply dismantle him.

Overrated cocky little twerp in my eyes.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 22 Sep 2011, 10:24 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:ps If I was in the ring with Khan I would ko him in brutal fashion.
Post a link to some of your fights then hardman.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 22 Sep 2011, 10:29 am

Scottrf wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:ps If I was in the ring with Khan I would ko him in brutal fashion.

Difficult to post links from your imagination Scott, the technology just isn't there yet.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Thu 22 Sep 2011, 10:38 am

rowley wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

Difficult to post links from your imagination Scott, the technology just isn't there yet.
Laugh

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 22 Sep 2011, 11:16 am

Rowley on fine form today

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next