The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Amir Khan WILL beat Tim Bradley

+5
Sugar Boy Sweetie
AlexHuckerby
D4thincarnation
azania
Liam_Main
9 posters

Go down

Why Amir Khan WILL beat Tim Bradley Empty Why Amir Khan WILL beat Tim Bradley

Post by Liam_Main Sun 17 Apr 2011, 7:15 pm

Following up from Sugar Boy Sweeties article about why Amir Khan won't beat Bradley which to be fair was a very good argument on how Amir won't beat Bradley am gonna say my points on why I think Amir will beat Bradley.

1.Work rate-Amirs work rate is double of Bradleys and Bradley has never fought anyone with the work rate of Khan, Alexander? Holt? Peterson? they have nothing on the work rate of Khan.If Khan fights smart and doesn't tire himself out and he uses his jab more than he did against Paul Mccloskey which i'm sure Freddie can make him do.If he fights smart and doesn't go straight for the knockout he wins easily by UD.If Khan fights the same as he did against Malignaggi and Kotelnik and doesn't go into a brawl I can only see it being one winner.Yeah these are buts but if hes well disciplined which he should be by a trainer like Freddie Roach.

2.Bradleys lack of power-Tim Bradley doesn't have the power as many people think he isn't a big hitter like Maidana and if Maidana couldn't put Khan down do you think Bradley can with KO percentage of only 40 percent hes physically stronger than Khan but not stronger with his punches.Khans power isn't brilliant but he can put quick punches together which hurt his opponent.Another thing is that when Khan throws one punch,he throws one hard punch.I'm not saying Bradley has no power but not as much as alot of people think.

3.Adapting to styles-Bradleys last fight against Devon Alexander he was poor and fair enough it was against a southpaw and Khan also didn't do superb against Mccloskey but if your basing them on adapting too styles Khan is better a mean Bradley never looked really in control of the fight and never truly had Alexander hurt.While on the other hand looking at Khan against Mccloskey Khan missed a few but was always in control and had Mccloskey hurt in the 6th and gradually was landing more.Which if it wasn't stopped would of probably led to a stoppage.

4.Bradley can't finish of opponents-Bradleys had opponents like Lamont Peterson,Junior Witter and Manuel Garnica down on the canvas in there fights and hasn't finished them off in all of them fights it had to go too the scorecards.In Khan vs Maidana as you all know Maidana had Khan hurt in the 10th but just couldn't finish him off,IF Bradley (which i dont think he will) hurts Khan is he going to be able to finish him off?Say Bradleys well behind on the scorecards and he hurts Khan will he know what to do? Bradley resorts on just outboxing his opponents which he's not going to be able to do if Khan uses his jab as he's the taller out of the two.Bradleys tactic isn't to go all blazing and try too knock out his opponents.Bradley whos more a plodder than a mover like Khan is gonna struggle to keep up with the fast Britain.

5.Bradleys head-If Timothy Bradley continues to use his head in fights he's gonna end up getting points taken of him or even get disqualified.The public are known to Bradleys tricks and am sure in the fight that the ref's going to watch Bradley alot to make sure he's not deliberately using his head,this isn't a main problem but something to watch out for.

Other factors are also how will he cope with Khans speed and lightning hands.

My opinion is that Khan wins if he fights smart which he has done on occasions,if he's brought into a war he still could come out on top because of his speed.If Khan uses his reach advantage which Freddie will make him do and sticks to the game plan hes got a very very good chance of winning.All in all if the terms are agreed and the fights on am sure it'll be an exciting fight and Khan comes out on top.

Whats your views do you agree? or do you have your own opinion them were just my views cheers for reading,Liam
thumbsup

Last edited by liam_main4 on Sun 17 Apr 2011, 8:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Why Amir Khan WILL beat Tim Bradley Empty Re: Why Amir Khan WILL beat Tim Bradley

Post by azania Sun 17 Apr 2011, 7:16 pm

I'll see how this thread goes and if the same arguments made on the other thread will be regurgitated.

azania

Back to top Go down

Why Amir Khan WILL beat Tim Bradley Empty Re: Why Amir Khan WILL beat Tim Bradley

Post by Liam_Main Sun 17 Apr 2011, 7:19 pm

azania wrote:I'll see how this thread goes and if the same arguments made on the other thread will be regurgitated.

Regurgitated what does that mean put the two threads together? and i'm just stating my opinion other people will have theirs thats just there view like this is mine thumbsup
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sun 17 Apr 2011, 7:20 pm

Great article, pretty much agree.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sun 17 Apr 2011, 7:22 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:Great article, pretty much agree.

Cheers D4 muchly appreciated Very Happy
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 17 Apr 2011, 7:23 pm

liam_main4 wrote:
azania wrote:I'll see how this thread goes and if the same arguments made on the other thread will be regurgitated.

Regurgitated what does that mean put the two threads together? and i'm just stating my opinion other people will have theirs thats just there view like this is mine thumbsup
No no. I just dont want the same arguments repeated. Its a great OP and I agree 100% with it. But the counter arguments have maybe been expressed on the other thread.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sun 17 Apr 2011, 7:26 pm

azania wrote:
liam_main4 wrote:

No no. I just dont want the same arguments repeated. Its a great OP and I agree 100% with it. But the counter arguments have maybe been expressed on the other thread.

Yeah i get what you mean I didn't read the comments so a wasn't sure just thought I would counter argue it and see if people agree with mine or not haha
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 17 Apr 2011, 7:46 pm

Bradley will walk forward onto shot after shot and forget about head movement that thing is a planet he can't escape!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Sun 17 Apr 2011, 7:51 pm

Khan just has to throw punches and he is bound to hit Bradley's head, especially if it is a small ring.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 17 Apr 2011, 7:55 pm

Bradley isn't THAT good a technical boxer, loads of people are going on like he's got FMJ's skills or something :S He's pretty sound technically but I mean come on Khan is clearly the better fighter, as for all this he has poor footwork rubbish and Malignaggi exposed him :S He walked right over Paulie easily he got caught with a couple early and was made to look sligtly ragged a little early because Paulie has decent boxing ability and is very fast, highlight on being very fast Bradley ain't that quick, speed kills and Bradley will get motored down and then everyone will question Khan again when he moves up to WW...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sun 17 Apr 2011, 8:11 pm

Nice article.

I don't disagree with you about khans attributes at all, he has some very effective skills. However it's my belief that khan is only capable of utilising these skills effectively against stand off, technical opponents. The reason I think he loses to Bradley is because - despite his talent - he isn't able to utilise his strengths effectively against pressure. He can't fight inside, panics, puts himself in the firing line. Bradleys style and physical strength are all wrong for khan. He would have wanted to employ a box and move strategy against maidana too, but couldn't. Bradleys does everything maidana does except quicker, mire accurately and without running out of gas. He may lack maidanas power, but he's not feather fisted. Khan may have taken a few decent digs off maidana, but that doesn't suddenly make him Marvin Hagler. Bradleys not a huge puncher, but he doesn't need to be if he's close enough because on the inside he's quick and khan is easy to hit.

It'll be a close fight and khan will win some rounds with hit and move tactics no doubt, but he'll struggle too often under pressure and probably get stopped late. Hope I'm wrong, as khans a Brit and Bradleys gotten away with a lot in his career with his head, but looking at it objectively I have to call it for Bradley. Khan has attributes but too many basic flaws on his game and ring brain.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Sun 17 Apr 2011, 8:27 pm

I would agree with points 1,2 and 4. These are the key reasons why Khan stands a good chance of beating Bradley.

Khan has a crowd-pleasing, all-action style and is constantly opening fire. Bradley may struggle with Khan's sheer volume and punch output.

Also, Bradley's lack of power will give Khan more confidence and make him less edgy than he was against Maidana. A KO victory for Tim is probably not going to happen.

The 3rd point is a bit off the mark. Alexander was a world champion and was never going to be a walkover.

To then suggest that Khan would have stopped McCloskey in the latter rounds is just pure speculation. From what I saw, McCloskey didnt really appear hurt during any period in the fight and his defensive skills were making Khan look sloppy. A UD win for Khan would have been the most likely outcome. Khan's power tends to evaporate after 3 rounds which would have made a late stoppage pretty unlikely.

I guess this is my biggest issue with the doctor's stoppage. McCloskey might have been 6 rounds down but his tactic wasnt to outbox Khan or win on the scorecards. He knew he couldnt and was making no attempt to do so. Instead, he wanted to take the fight into the latter stages and than go for broke. While I don't think he would have pulled of a victory, I do believe the championship rounds would have been a very tense affair.

Point 5 is a bit irrelevant. The fight will take place in the States so I can't see the ref docking Bradley points in front of his countrymen. Bradley is also quite smart. He uses his head in a subtle and sneaky manner. Nothing too obvious.

Overall, I think Khan-Bradley is going to be a close fight. Neither man is going to easily walk away with it.
On current thought, I'm giving Bradley the slight edge.

Last edited by J.Benson II on Sun 17 Apr 2011, 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 17 Apr 2011, 8:30 pm

J.Benson II wrote:I would agree with points 1,2 and 4. These are the key reasons why Khan stands a good chance of beating Bradley.

Khan has a crowd-pleasing, all-action style and is constantly opening fire. Bradley may struggle with Khan's sheer volume and punch output.

Also, Bradley's lack of power will give Khan more confidence and make him less edgy than he was against Maidana. A KO victory for Tim is probably not going to happen.

The 3rd point is a bit off the mark. Alexander was a world champion and was never going to be a walkover.

To then suggest that Khan would have stopped McCloskey in the latter rounds is just pure speculation. From what I saw, McCloskey didnt really appear hurt during any period in the fight and his defensive skills were making Khan look sloppy. A UD win for Khan would have been the most likely outcome. Khan's power tends to evaporate after 3 rounds which would have made a late stoppage pretty unlikely.

I guess this is my biggest issue with the doctor's stoppage. McCloskey might have been 6 rounds down but his tactic wasnt to outbox Khan or win on the scorecards. He knew he couldnt and was making no attempt to do so. Instead, he wanted to take the fight into the latter stages and than go for broke. While I don't think he would have pulled of a victory, I do believe the championship rounds would have been a very tense affair.

Point 5 is a bit irrelevant. The fight will take place in the States so I can't see the ref Bradley points in front of his countrymen. Bradley is also quite smart. He uses his head in a subtle and sneaky manner. Nothing too obvious.

Overall, I think Khan-Bradley is going to be a close fight. Currently, I'm giving Bradley the slight edge.

Khan looked very edgy against Kotelnik. I dont think Khan is as confident in his chin as perhaps he should be. Every time he gets clipped he seems like a rabbit in headlights. But I'd take him to beat Bradley for reasons given on the other thread.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sun 17 Apr 2011, 8:36 pm

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:Nice article.

I don't disagree with you about khans attributes at all, he has some very effective skills. However it's my belief that khan is only capable of utilising these skills effectively against stand off, technical opponents. The reason I think he loses to Bradley is because - despite his talent - he isn't able to utilise his strengths effectively against pressure. He can't fight inside, panics, puts himself in the firing line. Bradleys style and physical strength are all wrong for khan. He would have wanted to employ a box and move strategy against maidana too, but couldn't. Bradleys does everything maidana does except quicker, mire accurately and without running out of gas. He may lack maidanas power, but he's not feather fisted. Khan may have taken a few decent digs off maidana, but that doesn't suddenly make him Marvin Hagler. Bradleys not a huge puncher, but he doesn't need to be if he's close enough because on the inside he's quick and khan is easy to hit.

It'll be a close fight and khan will win some rounds with hit and move tactics no doubt, but he'll struggle too often under pressure and probably get stopped late. Hope I'm wrong, as khans a Brit and Bradleys gotten away with a lot in his career with his head, but looking at it objectively I have to call it for Bradley. Khan has attributes but too many basic flaws on his game and ring brain.

Cheers Sugar Boy Sweetie yours too.

I would probably agree with, that i'm saying if Roach gets Khan to get use all his attributes set up a game plan for Khan and if Khan uses it he'll win the fight.Khan does have a boxing brain he proved that against Kotelnik and Malignaggi where he stuck too the game plan jabbed and moved. Alot of accurate quick punches he wears down his opponent and gets the late stoppage thats what I think will happen against Bradley.Bradleys going to be walking onto alot of jabs and hooks if he doesn't move his head.Bradleys quick but nothing on Khan,Malignaggi's quick but didn't seem to cause Khan any problems.I agree with the inside bit and its a shame because Khan seems to hit hard body shots.Khans got a poor uppercut so struggles on the inside but as i've said Bradleys not quick on his feet which Khan is,if Khan jabs and moves hows Bradley even going to hit him on the inside?
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Sun 17 Apr 2011, 8:41 pm

I agree with the op. Khan is all wrong for Bradley's style, and I think Bradley's sloppy infighting and diminutive status are not going to help. Bradley had a nightmare with Holt, who is as close to Khan physically as he's fought. Holt's lack of workrate let Bradley off the hook. Khan won't.

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sun 17 Apr 2011, 8:57 pm

Liam_Main4: Khan does have a boxing brain he proved that against Kotelnik and Malignaggi where he stuck too the game plan jabbed and moved
---
That's because paulie and kotelnik let him. They're both stand-off, technical boxers, the type of style khan looks good against. He only knows how to fight one way regardless of his opponents style. He showed his lack of boxing brain against maidana and to a lesser degree McCloskey because he couldn't work them out, one was a pressure fighter, the other was a bit awkward. If the opponent allows khan to box at range he'll do it all night, Bradley doesn't fight like kotelnik or paulie and won't let khan do that, he get inside khan, rough him up, impose his physical strength and khan will panic and his gameplan will go out of the window.

Liam_Main4: but as i've said Bradleys not quick on his feet which Khan is,if Khan jabs and moves hows Bradley even going to hit him on the inside?
-----
Bradley is deceptively quick (although not nearly as quick as khan), but khan moves back in straight lines, also Bradley has possibly the best upper body movement of fighter out there right now. Those things will allow him to slip khans jab and expose his weaknesses on the inside.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 17 Apr 2011, 8:57 pm

Holt is a much bigger hiter than Khan. Bradley is much fitter and more skillful than Maidana although the Maidana victory was a good one for Khan it only strengthened my view that Bradley would beat him. Maidana was catching him to easily at times and Khan panics he can't fight up close and doesn't seem to have the smarts to keep fighters at distance. If he fights Bradley the way he did Maidana he won't win Bradley won't let him off the hook the way Maidana did.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 17 Apr 2011, 9:04 pm

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:Liam_Main4: Khan does have a boxing brain he proved that against Kotelnik and Malignaggi where he stuck too the game plan jabbed and moved
---
That's because paulie and kotelnik let him. They're both stand-off, technical boxers, the type of style khan looks good against. He only knows how to fight one way regardless of his opponents style. He showed his lack of boxing brain against maidana and to a lesser degree McCloskey because he couldn't work them out, one was a pressure fighter, the other was a bit awkward. If the opponent allows khan to box at range he'll do it all night, Bradley doesn't fight like kotelnik or paulie and won't let khan do that, he get inside khan, rough him up, impose his physical strength and khan will panic and his gameplan will go out of the window.

Liam_Main4: but as i've said Bradleys not quick on his feet which Khan is,if Khan jabs and moves hows Bradley even going to hit him on the inside?
-----
Bradley is deceptively quick (although not nearly as quick as khan), but khan moves back in straight lines, also Bradley has possibly the best upper body movement of fighter out there right now. Those things will allow him to slip khans jab and expose his weaknesses on the inside.

Perhaps its because Khan didn't let Paulie and Kot do anything else. He was peppering Kot with huge numbers of punches and won a landslide. Kot beat Alexander in everyone's eyes except for the judges.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sun 17 Apr 2011, 9:57 pm

Perhaps its because Khan didn't let Paulie and Kot do anything else. He was peppering Kot with huge numbers of punches and won a landslide. Kot beat Alexander in everyone's eyes except for the judges.
==========
PM is rubbish in fairness. Kotelnik was given a reasonable fight by Rees at times so he is hardly the great fighter Khan fan boys seem to me making out.

Khan looks awful when he is pressured and Bradley is fairly decent at doing this. If a plodder like Maidana can almost stop Khan then Bradley has a very good chance.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:00 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Perhaps its because Khan didn't let Paulie and Kot do anything else. He was peppering Kot with huge numbers of punches and won a landslide. Kot beat Alexander in everyone's eyes except for the judges.
==========
PM is rubbish in fairness. Kotelnik was given a reasonable fight by Rees at times so he is hardly the great fighter Khan fan boys seem to me making out.

Khan looks awful when he is pressured and Bradley is fairly decent at doing this. If a plodder like Maidana can almost stop Khan then Bradley has a very good chance.

Kot had the beating of Alexander. Khan lade him look ordinary. Maidana is not as bad as people make him out to be. I'd like to see him against the likes of Bradley and alexander.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 17 Apr 2011, 10:25 pm

azania wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:Perhaps its because Khan didn't let Paulie and Kot do anything else. He was peppering Kot with huge numbers of punches and won a landslide. Kot beat Alexander in everyone's eyes except for the judges.
==========

Kot had the beating of Alexander. Khan lade him look ordinary. Maidana is not as bad as people make him out to be. I'd like to see him against the likes of Bradley and alexander.

IMO Alexander would struggle with Maidana he lacks the heart for a fight would get stopped in the middle rounds. Bradley vs Maidana would be good to watch but Bradley is a bit more skillful and not as easy to hit as Maidana so would have Bradley for a late stoppage.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down