The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan: how do you beat him without a KO?

+18
Scottrf
coxy0001
huw
Daz
The Money Man
AlexHuckerby
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Bob
Rowley
ShahenshahG
ONETWOFOREVER
DaveVDK
Fists of Fury
School Project
Jukebox Timebomb
Colonial Lion
BALTIMORA
Seanusarrilius
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Khan: how do you beat him without a KO? - Page 2 Empty Khan: how do you beat him without a KO?

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 21 Sep 2011, 6:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

Now i am not saying he is unbeatable, far from it, after all he has already been ebaten. But Khan is turning into a p4p list fighter. He is incredibly fast with hs hands, has a height and reach advantage over all the other top fighters at 140 and pretty much all of them at 147 too. decent power as proven by the way he was dismantling Zab. Decent footwork. He can afford to fight at range too.

So in light of all this Khan v FLoyd talk. How would Floyd go about beating him without knocking him out? He might just knock him out but you get my point.

Just a hypotheical on a slow board day. I personally have my reasons as to how Floyd beats Khan which i think as the best of the best he would. But let's hear from you guys.

www.maineventboxing.wordpress.com

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Khan: how do you beat him without a KO? - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan: how do you beat him without a KO?

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 22 Sep 2011, 11:31 am

coxy0001 wrote:Can i just say that Maidana, as limited as he is, didn't lose by the biggest of margins... Didn't most have him by 3?

Would fancy a far superior technician to quite simply dismantle him.

Overrated cocky little twerp in my eyes.

In fairness though coxy it could be argued that Maidana only won the last two/three rounds because he finally managed to catch Khan in the 10th. Had Khan been more careful, or less fatigued etc, He'd have not had that late scare and the cards would've been that bit wider. I'd put it down to inexperience.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Khan: how do you beat him without a KO? - Page 2 Empty Re: Khan: how do you beat him without a KO?

Post by bhb001 Thu 22 Sep 2011, 12:08 pm

rowley wrote:How dare he want to fight the best fighter in and around his weight. I have not been this annoyed with a fighter since Froch expressed a wish to fight Calzaghe some time ago. Makes my blood boil the jumped up so and so, the sooner Khan starts calling Gavin Rees out and learns his place the better

Agreed. I've never been prouder to be Brotish than when Calzaghe got in the ring in front of thousands of people to fight a reality TV star

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 22 Sep 2011, 12:59 pm

bhb001 wrote:
rowley wrote:How dare he want to fight the best fighter in and around his weight. I have not been this annoyed with a fighter since Froch expressed a wish to fight Calzaghe some time ago. Makes my blood boil the jumped up so and so, the sooner Khan starts calling Gavin Rees out and learns his place the better

Agreed. I've never been prouder to be Brotish than when Calzaghe got in the ring in front of thousands of people to fight a reality TV star

Why anyone would be proud to be Brotish is beyond me.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 22 Sep 2011, 1:04 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:Why anyone would be proud to be Brotish is beyond me.
Better than being proud to be Brutish I guess.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 22 Sep 2011, 1:23 pm

Scottrf wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:Why anyone would be proud to be Brotish is beyond me.
Better than being proud to be Brutish I guess.

Touché

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Jukebox Timebomb Thu 22 Sep 2011, 7:28 pm

prettyboykev wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:
Jukebox Timebomb wrote:If Maidana could out-box Khan for long periods then he definitely isn't unbeatable.

Maidana did not outbox him for long periods, he outgunned him. Maidana has not outboxed a fighter of Khans quality in his life

I'm not sure Maidana has ever out boxed a fighter in his life. He makes Micheal Katsidis look like Pernell Wittaker!

How did Maidana win 6 rounds then? He didn't score a knockdown and only had Khan in trouble in the 10th (?)

As Khan said, Maidana's boxing abilities are under-rated.

Jukebox Timebomb

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Thu 22 Sep 2011, 7:40 pm

you lot are Flip muppets.

jealously has a lot o answer for.
a rich, young kid with rich talents. he earned that silver olympic medal, he wasnt given it.

just as he earned his world title belts, and wins over maidana and paulie M and so on.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 22 Sep 2011, 7:44 pm

Jukebox Timebomb wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:
Jukebox Timebomb wrote:If Maidana could out-box Khan for long periods then he definitely isn't unbeatable.

Maidana did not outbox him for long periods, he outgunned him. Maidana has not outboxed a fighter of Khans quality in his life

I'm not sure Maidana has ever out boxed a fighter in his life. He makes Micheal Katsidis look like Pernell Wittaker!

How did Maidana win 6 rounds then? He didn't score a knockdown and only had Khan in trouble in the 10th (?)

As Khan said, Maidana's boxing abilities are under-rated.

Most fighters are nice about guys when they beat them it makes their victory look better. Are you saying that Khan was out boxed for 6 rounds of that fight?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jukebox Timebomb Thu 22 Sep 2011, 7:55 pm

No. I said Khan was outboxed for large periods.

Are you saying that Maidana out-gunned Khan for 6 rounds?

Jukebox Timebomb

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 22 Sep 2011, 7:57 pm

No I felt khan won the fight clearly and Maidana had his moments. The guy may be able to box but he neglects it. Never seen him doing it that much.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jukebox Timebomb Thu 22 Sep 2011, 8:02 pm

I give Khan a lot of credit for the victory, but it was a close fight, with the knockdown in the 1st being the deciding factor.

Jukebox Timebomb

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 22 Sep 2011, 8:04 pm

I'll need to watch it again I felt Khan won it by 3 or 4 rounds. I just don't consider Maidana a boxer. Tough guy, good puncher and come forward fighter but not a boxer. Always good to watch though.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 22 Sep 2011, 8:41 pm

Khan: how do you beat him without a KO?
==============

Get more points than him over the 12 rounds at a guess.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 22 Sep 2011, 8:52 pm

What about cuts?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu 22 Sep 2011, 8:56 pm

I would say a good way a guy like Mayweather would win without a KO would be to keep him off balance with superior foot work. Easier said than done, of course, but not letting him get set for a flurry of laser fast shots would surely be a big factor. Mayweather being more flat footed in his last two fights might have to work harder to beat Kahn then we at first imagine.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 22 Sep 2011, 8:58 pm

I reckon Flat footed works for Mayweather, Pot shotting and evading a majority of Khans punches.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 22 Sep 2011, 9:06 pm

On a serious note, Khan is not a very good fighter up close. He has been rocked by some very average inside fighters and I would fancy anyone who has the ability to get up close to give him some issues. The reason it doesnt work for fighters like Maidana is because his foot speed is very average. Fast feet, decent head movement and an ability to fight on teh inside beats Khan.

That said, that is not the only way to beat him. He is very overhyped for his outside fighting and I am not really sure why. Reasonable dig, good jab but he is predicatable.

Khan, IMO, will never be a top 3 p4p fighter. No shame in that obviously, but he just does not have the talent and variety to pull it off. I'll probably get slated for this but I would fancy Kell Brook to beat Khan. He has good boxing skills and carries enough of a pop to stop Khan late on in the fight.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 22 Sep 2011, 9:09 pm

I wouldn't back Brook to beat Khan jsut now. As much as I believe Brook has the more natural talent Khan has proved his talent at the higher level I would need to back him. Maybe a bit of a contradiction but I would back Brook to beat Berto and Ortiz.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2