The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should Kurt Angle's kids be used in promos?

5 posters

Go down

Should Kurt Angle's four year old child be used in storylines?

Should Kurt Angle's kids be used in promos? Vote_lcap5%Should Kurt Angle's kids be used in promos? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Should Kurt Angle's kids be used in promos? Vote_lcap95%Should Kurt Angle's kids be used in promos? Vote_rcap 95% 
[ 20 ]

Total Votes : 21

Poll closed

Should Kurt Angle's kids be used in promos? Empty Should Kurt Angle's kids be used in promos?

Post by ADMIN Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:56 pm

I will freely admit that over the past couple of months my desire to watch TNA was waned to say the least.
But last night I thought I’d give it another try, partly though my disappointment in Wrestlemania, partly through I couldn’t think of what better to watch on tv at 11pm on a Tuesday (the Babestation channels didn’t have any redheads on).

And I saw for what I could only describe as the most degrading storyline segment I’ve ever bore witness to.
This beat Katie Vick.
This beat Mae Young giving birth to a hand.

The use of Kurt and Karen Angle’s children to humiliate Kurt Angle.
Over the past few weeks Angle has looked increasingly like a man on the brink again, his demons from the past back to haunt him, alleged drink-driving, ‘hacked’ twitter accounts and allegations about being back on the pills. Yet last night I watched his rival Jeff Jarrett harass Kurt’s young kids to call him Daddy and not mention Kurt in his house and I wonder how Kurt hasn't completely lost it.
Now I know it’s glamorised storylines etc but this is for me a little too close to the bone. Firstly it’s based on real life events, Kurt and Karen were married for many years, those children are his children and more importantly his youngest son is 4 years old, he won’t have a clue what’s fact or fiction, what ‘kayfabe’ is and there’s no place at all for it I believe on TV.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Should Kurt Angle's kids be used in promos? Empty Re: Should Kurt Angle's kids be used in promos?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:58 pm

Agree, i find it very strange that he would allow it.

Also, with rumours out that TNA plan to use Jeff Hardy's issues in a storyline i get the feeling TNA have no regard for their talent.

Back to top Go down

Should Kurt Angle's kids be used in promos? Empty Re: Should Kurt Angle's kids be used in promos?

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:18 pm

I'm in 2 minds about this, Angle is a franchise Player in TNA, he is their Babe Ruth, I have no doubts what so ever that if he wasn't 100% comfortable with this he wouldn't do it, i doubt his kids really call Jeff dad and im sure everyone is well veted beforehand, as for the Jeff Hardy situation, I actually think making it a storyline helps TNA save face and can also save Jeff Hardy's main stream wrestling career

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:44 pm

I think even if Kurt, Jeff and Karen are all fine with it, it is still wrong. Like Hero said, the youngest is four years old. That is just totally wrong and they should all be ashamed of themselves, as should everyone in management who has the power to speak out against it and didn't.

It's bad enough when the likes of Kerry Katona and Jordan have their kids on TV in reality shows, but this is a hundred times worse. These children are involved in a scripted and violent rivalry which is based on real life; how on earth can they comprehend what's real and what isn't? My nephew is a typical four year old and he would be nowhere near mature enough to understand the same situation!

You could say that it's ok because there are child actors the same age. But those child actors are not involved in scenes involving their mother, father and their mother's new husband, and not involved in scene's where the new husband is telling them to call him daddy. That would never be allowed.

It totally sickens me.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:48 pm

With the older kids fair enough, they understand a lot, but a four year old really wouldn't have a grasp of what's fact or fiction and I cannot believe any dad in the right frame of mind would have been happy to subject their toddler to that.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:08 pm

I agree with everything thats been said already, bit of a white wash answer but no point repeating whats already been said

I think its discusting and the fact the vote is 100% against says alot

Lex-Express

Location : I like coffee, vanilla icecream and smokewheel pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:26 pm

What are peoples opinion of Rey Mysterio's son being used in storylines in the WWE? Dominic, i think his name is. Rey having a match with Eddie for custody of Dominic wasnt it? Ok, so he might be a bit older and had it explained to him that it was all a show and not real, but surely for mothers and fathers around the world who have lost their children in custody battles would be offended to see this storyline being used so loosely?

CM Punk singing Happy Birthday to Rey's daughter was probably very intimidating for the poor girl too. Yes she had daddys hand to hold but again, i'm not so sure it sends out the right message.

Harmless, probably, but is it necessary?

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:31 pm

Lex you can't agree with everything thats been said since out of 3 of us that commented we didnt all agree, mr H, i dont think it was Reys real daughter

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down