The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you hate about wrestlers you love?.....

+8
RinoGattuso
Brilliant_yep
theundisputedY2D2
Marsh
Crimey
Liam
bretmeharty
Brady12
12 posters

Go down

What do you hate about wrestlers you love?..... Empty What do you hate about wrestlers you love?.....

Post by Brady12 Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:45 am

My top 2 favourite wrestlers growing up were Bret Hart & Shawn Michaels....

I hated however that Bret became so bitter & is a complete mark for himself

Similarly I hated it when Michaels 'found god' it meant he refused to do certain things & deprived a new audience of the heel persona he played in late 97... He showed us it for a month during his feud with Hogan but he would of been epic as a heel

Brady12

Back to top Go down

What do you hate about wrestlers you love?..... Empty Re: What do you hate about wrestlers you love?.....

Post by bretmeharty Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:48 am

Remember the post match promo on Hogan on raw the night after summerslam, that was heel like.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

What do you hate about wrestlers you love?..... Empty Re: What do you hate about wrestlers you love?.....

Post by Brady12 Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:00 am

bretmeharty wrote:Remember the post match promo on Hogan on raw the night after summerslam, that was heel like.

True but I think that was basically a shoot on Hogan... Do you not remember the daft over selling he did all match? Basically Hogan wouldn't put Michaels over in a rematch (ironic really when you consider him 'losing his smile') so he decided to do that to get back at Hogan

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:04 am

The Rock-When he over sold the stone cold stunner. He could sell it superbly, but then when he did the extra flip and you could clearly see him pressing on the mat to give him even more elevation than normal, that got on my nerves. That's all I got on him because he is for the greatest man ever to appear in wrestling, he had it all, he in my view, was the perfect all round wrestler which we'll never probably see again.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:10 am

I always hated that Shawn never won a world title in his later years. He seemed to think it would be wrong for him to do so, but I think the rub a younger star could have gotten out of beating Michaels for the world title would have been great.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:18 am

martyr_94 wrote:The Rock-When he over sold the stone cold stunner. He could sell it superbly, but then when he did the extra flip and you could clearly see him pressing on the mat to give him even more elevation than normal, that got on my nerves. That's all I got on him because he is for the greatest man ever to appear in wrestling, he had it all, he in my view, was the perfect all round wrestler which we'll never probably see again.

I loved that, his feet hitting the ropes, the only stunner i hated him taken was in the rumbles when he would be back on his feet to be thrown out, but that was the same with everybody.

Granted it was more of a shoot Brady, about him (HBK) still being there and Hogan being on the plane home but from a viewer perspective and storyline view it was being the heel. It was Hogan who wanted Shawn to be heel because I think Hogan was scared to take the risk of both being face and Shawn getting bigger cheers, but he had no choice against the Rock.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Marsh Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:20 am

My three favourites growing up were Benoit, Jeff Hardy & Kurt Angle! I knew how to pick role models Laugh

Whilst the Benoit one is obvious, in recent years I've never liked seeing the drug and booze feuled mess the other two have got themselves into at various points

Marsh

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:23 am

Marshall wrote:My three favourites growing up were Benoit, Jeff Hardy & Kurt Angle! I knew how to pick role models Laugh

Whilst the Benoit one is obvious, in recent years I've never liked seeing the drug and booze feuled mess the other two have got themselves into at various points

In turn you have turned to drugs of some kind, you can get through this be strong and see the light at the end. Laugh

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:51 pm

Brady12 wrote:I hated however that Bret became so bitter & is a complete mark for himself

I concur with this one Brady, I'm a huge Bret Hart fan but his constant trumpetting of his own abilities was at best cringeworthy and at worst sad and pathetic. I don't think he's as bad as he used to be though. I hope!

As a massive fan of the Undertaker, I wish that he hadn't been saddled with so many giants / fatsos in the earlier days of his WWF career. He's shown since 2005 / 2006 that he can be a fantastic worker but the battering his body took over the years against the likes of Yokozuna, Kamala, King Kong Bundy, Mabel and Giant Gonzalez have definitely contributed to the fact he's a part timer now.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:02 pm

Very good point Y2D2... What I will say though is the way the Undertaker was presented meant no one other than a man of a freakish physique could compete with him... It certainly has hampered his Wrestlemania record in terms of (until recently) a lack of real credible opponents

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:28 pm

Brady12 wrote:What I will say though is the way the Undertaker was presented meant no one other than a man of a freakish physique could compete with him

Very true Brady. By being presented as a seemingly unstoppable force who was impervious to pain, the Undertaker basically had to be paired with wrestlers who were taller or heavier than him. I just wish that the WWF had gone the Mick Foley route sooner than they did as the period between 1992-1996 did Taker's body no favours.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:49 am

Sorry to drag this one up again guys but I've only just clocked it...
For me it's Cody Rhodes' lisp...love everything about the guy except that.

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:40 am

Drew McIntyre being a jobber.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonee21 Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:15 am

Hunico, being too modest

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:43 am

HBK - losing to Taker twice in a row at Mania steam
HHH - losing to Taker three times at Mania and twice in a row steam

At the end of the day the 'streak' has become an elitist inner circle where the old guard basically get to steal the show and pat themselves on the back for 'showing the youngsters' how it's done, so why the WWE decided to go with the angle of 'end of an era' and then not actually end anything was ridiculous. Taker should have lost and bowed out gracefully. I especially hated the way Taker only won his last match by being the supernatural 'phenom' again...what a handy gimmick to have in the wrestling industry! Rolling Eyes

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:52 am

Jericho's so happy to help get people over he's lost any edge to his character. He's there to lose. And Ziggler for being stuck with Vickie (granted its not his fault)

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:38 am

Dolph being stuck with Vickie
CM Punk not main eventing ppvs
John Cena main eventing everything where there is no need to. and it is just pointless. Kane and Big Show is too which have simply Flip the hell out of me
Hornswoggle for being on screen
MR Mcmahon for taking the urine out of JR
JR for not being on screen

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down