The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are you ready?

+11
CFCNick
Il Gialloblu
Duty281
westisbest
lorus59
The Special Juan
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Hibbz
Hero
Crimey
JamesLincs
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Are you ready? - Page 2 Empty Are you ready?

Post by JamesLincs Wed 06 Jun 2012, 2:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hey guys and girls. i know were not all filled with optimism for this tournament, but im still very excited for 4 weeks of solid football! Is everyone ready for friday? what are your plans for the 3 group games?

ill be at Lincoln engine shed again, as i was for the world cup. was a fantastic atmosphere in there despite our performances.. there was probably between 150-250 people at the venue in 2010, hopefully there will be even more there this year.. even though it would make it harder to get a drink!

ive listened to three lions and vindaloo pretty much everyday for the last 3 weeks now, i am just about ready to celebrate the greatest sport on the planet, it is sure to be a fantastic tournament

COME ON ENGLAND!

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Are you ready? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you ready?

Post by mystiroakey Wed 06 Jun 2012, 7:34 pm

Hibbz i understand how you feel. I havent got there yet mind- give me 5 years and you never know!!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Wed 06 Jun 2012, 7:39 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
Hibbz wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:hibbz were you not proud of the england cricket teams win in aus?

Happy yes, proud in no way shape or form. How could I be proud? It wasn't any of my doing.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/proud

your just arguing symatics though hibbz, you understand how people feel.

See that's just it Mysti, I don't understand how they can feel proud. I'm also inclined to say they don't feel as proud as they claim either. Couple of Chelsea fans in work came back from Bayern full of bravado about how they'd won this and they'd won that. Are you telling me that after the initial euphoria had worn off there was a huge feeling of anti-climax? You know "Oh well we/they won but I'm still stuck here in work and nothings really changed". Don't get that with real pride i.e. a sense of real personal achievement do you?

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 06 Jun 2012, 7:47 pm

its false pride i agree, people attach them selves to something because they dont acheive enough in there own lifes- I have never been a club fan and never really understood the need to be a hardcore supporter. However i understand why people do it- Its to feel part of something, it has a social and tribal factor.

I love sport with a passison and i love seeing england do well in everything, its probally because there is allways this attitude around the globe that people allways want to see us lose. so i want to ram that back in there faces if you will. But in all honesty its something that isnt a big part of my life- life goes on win or lose.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Wed 06 Jun 2012, 7:48 pm

mystiroakey wrote:yep all the tournies have merged into one for me as well bar 96

but what about the scotland game at euro 96(gazzas goal) and the germany game were we went out in pens!! come on- good tourny all round, we were abit unlucky not to get to the final.

but look dude- answer me this seriously- would you rather germany or england win this.

if england went out and played great football and won- would you actually be gutted??

You and I both know that's not going to happen and my long essay was a way of telling you why (I guess why I believe it won't). You may as well ask me if Roy was to call me up and I was to play up front (and I'm gash at football by the way so probably better than whoever does play) who would I rather win.

I'm cheering on Germany, you'll have to live with it. Oh and it makes me feel different and cool like a rebellious teenager. Oh and I'll get all the glory because the Germans are certainties. Lump on.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 06 Jun 2012, 7:55 pm

Hibbz wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:yep all the tournies have merged into one for me as well bar 96

but what about the scotland game at euro 96(gazzas goal) and the germany game were we went out in pens!! come on- good tourny all round, we were abit unlucky not to get to the final.

but look dude- answer me this seriously- would you rather germany or england win this.

if england went out and played great football and won- would you actually be gutted??

You and I both know that's not going to happen and my long essay was a way of telling you why (I guess why I believe it won't). You may as well ask me if Roy was to call me up and I was to play up front (and I'm gash at football by the way so probably better than whoever does play) who would I rather win.

I'm cheering on Germany, you'll have to live with it. Oh and it makes me feel different and cool like a rebellious teenager. Oh and I'll get all the glory because the Germans are certainties. Lump on.

Dont worry I know who you want to win Hibbz.. I think its wrong, but no dramas from me, your entitled, we live in a pretty evolved country, you dont have to sign any alligence to our football club..However I will rip you when Germany fail to get out the group- thats fair surely- you gotta take the ups and the downs Are you ready? - Page 2 732107

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Wed 06 Jun 2012, 7:55 pm

mystiroakey wrote:its false pride i agree, people attach them selves to something because they dont acheive enough in there own lifes- I have never been a club fan and never really understood the need to be a hardcore supporter. However i understand why people do it- Its to feel part of something, it has a social and tribal factor.

I love sport with a passison and i love seeing england do well in everything, its probally because there is allways this attitude around the globe that people allways want to see us lose. so i want to ram that back in there faces if you will. But in all honesty its something that isnt a big part of my life- life goes on win or lose.

Fair do's. Like I say it's generally just the England football team I don't support. My Sister disapproves of me but then she thinks John Terry's alright just because he shows passion for England so what does she know!

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Wed 06 Jun 2012, 7:59 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
Hibbz wrote:

Dont worry I know who you want to win Hibbz.. I think its wrong, but no dramas from me, your entitled, we live in a pretty evolved country, you dont have to sign any alligence to our football club..However I will rip you when Germany fail to get out the group- thats fair surely- you gotta take the ups and the downs Are you ready? - Page 2 732107

I'd expect nothing less but if it gets too much you know I'll fall back on mocking your spelling and grammar don't you?

Call yourself English, you can't even write in it! xx

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 06 Jun 2012, 8:01 pm

Yeah yeah. I predict you will be using them boring grammer digs alot sooner than you think pal Are you ready? - Page 2 732107

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 06 Jun 2012, 8:08 pm

I'm cheering on Germany too btw.
I'm hip, cool and down wid da kids on Twitter. #ftw

In seriousness though I feel no alliegience to where I was born that it then becomes the nation I must support, I was born to a Catholic family, does that then mean I must become Catholic, no. I make my own decisions, I used to follow the Dutch team at a younger age but now waver between them and the German team simply due to I find the German team exciting, it's not though to mean I won't find some of the other nations interesting to watch though either. I'm also very much looking forward to seeing the likes of Eriksen, Benzema, Mata, Ronaldo, Giovinco, Modric etc on the big stage. I just enjoy the spectacle that is football without the necessity to suddenly beat my chest and declare my undying patriotism.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 06 Jun 2012, 8:14 pm

oh blimey not another one Are you ready? - Page 2 3181402168

I do the same in the CL to be fair. But i try and watch every game in the euros because I love footy, But its allways nice to have England games as well, gotta support your country in my view-But its all about the whole thing though

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 06 Jun 2012, 8:33 pm

Hero wrote:I'm cheering on Germany too btw.
I'm hip, cool and down wid da kids on Twitter. #ftw

In seriousness though I feel no alliegience to where I was born that it then becomes the nation I must support, I was born to a Catholic family, does that then mean I must become Catholic, no. I make my own decisions, I used to follow the Dutch team at a younger age but now waver between them and the German team simply due to I find the German team exciting, it's not though to mean I won't find some of the other nations interesting to watch though either. I'm also very much looking forward to seeing the likes of Eriksen, Benzema, Mata, Ronaldo, Giovinco, Modric etc on the big stage. I just enjoy the spectacle that is football without the necessity to suddenly beat my chest and declare my undying patriotism.

by the way hero- being born into a religious family and not chosing to play along with the relgion is abit different from accepting that your english and supporting your nation in a sporting tourny. The fact is the England football team comes from an english system that we should all be supporting- wether thats from paying tax, from helping out coaching kids, buying a ball for your son ,having a kick about with him or just playing the game at school. Its about being a part of something- You cant just disown your roots.. you are who you are - like it or lump it. You can decide wether you want to cheer on your team or not- thats up to you- but this is nothing like chosing not to be religious. If england do well- the country does well of the back of it, to win would help us all out

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 06 Jun 2012, 8:38 pm

You can choose to be in favour or not for The Royal family, what deeper patriotism is there than waving a flag made in China around for a lady you'll never meet?

In regards to the coaching kids thing, thats a glaring example of why being English is a hindrance, the coaching of early years children in this country has been 20 years behind the Dutch and Germans and it's only now that we're finally realising that and looking to emulate the methods practised in Holland etc.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Wed 06 Jun 2012, 8:39 pm

lmao, hibbz, youre 38?

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 06 Jun 2012, 8:52 pm

Hero wrote:You can choose to be in favour or not for The Royal family, what deeper patriotism is there than waving a flag made in China around for a lady you'll never meet?

In regards to the coaching kids thing, thats a glaring example of why being English is a hindrance, the coaching of early years children in this country has been 20 years behind the Dutch and Germans and it's only now that we're finally realising that and looking to emulate the methods practised in Holland etc.

big difference between the royal family and supporting our people in our national sport. you couldnt be on more crossed lines there pal

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 06 Jun 2012, 8:55 pm

Hero wrote:You can choose to be in favour or not for The Royal family, what deeper patriotism is there than waving a flag made in China around for a lady you'll never meet?

We realised it in 1958 and have just been talking about it for the past 50 years without actually doing anything.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 06 Jun 2012, 8:57 pm

Hero the point is simple- if you wanna do something about it- then go out there and teach kids how to play dutch style- dont support the dutch- This is exactly the point that you missed. Be proactive(if you really deeply care)

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 06 Jun 2012, 9:03 pm

All together now!

God save our gracious Queen
Long live our noble Queen
God save the Queen
Send her victorious
Happy and glorious
Long to reign over us
God save the Queen!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Wed 06 Jun 2012, 9:12 pm

cant wait to belt that out on monday!

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 06 Jun 2012, 9:15 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Hero the point is simple- if you wanna do something about it- then go out there and teach kids how to play dutch style- dont support the dutch- This is exactly the point that you missed. Be proactive(if you really deeply care)

I am actually! I recently signed up to coach a Year One football team and am doing my FA coaching badges over the summer Laugh

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 06 Jun 2012, 9:17 pm

Good lad Are you ready? - Page 2 732107 Are you ready? - Page 2 732107 Are you ready? - Page 2 732107

Now if one off them wee nippers got into the England set up- it might swing ya!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 06 Jun 2012, 9:18 pm

That would tempt me certainly!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2