The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ready, aim, FIRE

+13
x12x
Enforcer
Sara
MIG
psycho-gooner
Shot 21 LCFC
Dolphin Ziggler
MtotheC
Dr Gregory House MD
Ent
Hero
Brilliant_yep
Azwethinkweiz
17 posters

Go down

Ready, aim, FIRE Empty Ready, aim, FIRE

Post by Azwethinkweiz Thu 25 Apr 2013, 7:39 pm

John Cena. nope

John Cena. raspberry

John Cena furious

How is this guy still popular?
It is 2013 and he has only just stopped wearing jorts.
He has picked up this barsteward pause during his promos (i imagine this is to soak up the "atmosphere") Tumbleweed
He has if we are fair about 8 moves.
He cuts about one good promo a year and fumbles through the rest.
Not to mention Fruity Pebbles, plugging t@er and do nothing but change the colour of his stupid fluorescent tee-shirts.
This needs to change and change soon.
He is NOT Superman he is just a man who is waaaayyyy too top heavy and to make it worse he has tiny little stumps for legs. He looks lilke someone has taken a watermelon and stuck two chocolate fingers in the bottom and stuck a pea on the top.
Azwethinkweiz is not happy.

Azwethinkweiz is looking for change Cena warning

Azwethinkweiz

Back to top Go down

Ready, aim, FIRE Empty Re: Ready, aim, FIRE

Post by Brilliant_yep Thu 25 Apr 2013, 7:46 pm

I will hear an awful lot of bad things said about Cena, but 'tiny little stumps for legs' he does not have...have you not seen him lift Big Show and Edge for an AA? That's some weight he's squatting, I can just about squat my own body weight haha...the rest is accurate though.

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by Azwethinkweiz Thu 25 Apr 2013, 7:50 pm

He has very strong chocolate finger legs, maybe they are double chocolate?

I jest, i have no doubt that the man is very nice and i know he is a very strong fella (obviously). But i am sure there are some others just as strong but are better in the ring. He is just boring!

Azwethinkweiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Brilliant_yep Thu 25 Apr 2013, 7:54 pm

I fully agree, he is dull as dishwater now and only performs well when wrestling Punk, which has been well documented on here.
I'm a bit of a hypocrite to be honest, I'm not a fan of having loads of muscle bound freaks at the top, but I'll moan someone like Rey Mysterio isn't believable mixing it up with the big boys...but that's another story for another day haha.

Brilliant_yep

Back to top Go down

Post by Azwethinkweiz Thu 25 Apr 2013, 7:58 pm

Fully agreed!

Azwethinkweiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Apr 2013, 8:49 pm

I like this new guy. Can we keep him?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 25 Apr 2013, 9:03 pm

I think Cena comes in for far too much stick that he actually deserves.

Can he wrestle?
Yes, sure he's no Daniel Bryan, Kurt Angle or Dean Malenko and will never put on a technical masterclass but give him a quality opponent and he rises to the occasion time and time again.

Can he promo?
Again he's no Austin, no Punk or even a Dean Ambrose Wink but past the gurning, poopie references and occasional Mick Foleyesque sudden dramatic angry shouts to emphasise points then yes he can promo very well.

Can he draw?
Oh hell yes he can draw, viewing wise viewings go up when he's on a show, we love to hate, we hate to love him but he draws you in, he puts bums on seats and he makes you interested whichever side of the fence you sit on him.

Can he sell?
Probably the biggest criticism thrown at him is his inability to sell a beating, that an opponent will beat down a certain part of the body and he'll be limping one moment then back to SuperCena the next lifting them up for the AA. I agree on this, for someone that's been at the top for so long its the area he really needs to work on.

Overall Cena is the master of one but he's got the look, the draw, the promos, more wrestling ability than we give credit for, and most importantly he makes people interested just by being there.

This is Hero, bonafide IWC member pledging his allegiance to the flag of Cena.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 25 Apr 2013, 9:49 pm

Can he promo though?

He gets a hell of a lot of mic time and most of his promos are embarrassingly bad efforts in which he flits in and out of a Boston drawl, makes terribly goofy jokes and shouts like a muppet at his opponent.

Is it enough he has the odd good promo?

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 25 Apr 2013, 11:04 pm

Ent wrote:Can he promo though?

He gets a hell of a lot of mic time and most of his promos are embarrassingly bad efforts in which he flits in and out of a Boston drawl, makes terribly goofy jokes and shouts like a muppet at his opponent.

I think you have answered your own question there

The odd good promo proves that he can promo, which makes it all the more frustrating that he chooses to weigh his promos down in really appaling attempts at comedy, comedy in fairness that children do find funny.

I don't care for Cena personally, but I understand his role on the card, he is a huge draw, as can be proved by ratings rising and falling in his apperances and he's nowhere near as bad a wrestler as he's made out to be, yes he has fundemental flaws, particuarly in his selling but he's not the second coming of Khali and given the right opponent, Punk usually, he can have a very good match.

Do I like Cena, not really, Do I understand the need for Cena, yes.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu 25 Apr 2013, 11:10 pm

For well documented reasons that I won't rake up I'm not a cena fan but I can of course appreciate his abilities as a sports entertainer, he's the most marketable asset WWE has had in a decade and credit to him for working as hard as he does.

When paired with the right opponent Cena can produce the goods which is something he's proven time and time again over the years, the one thing that really grinds my gears though is WWE's reluctance to make Cena look weak even in defeat or when the odds are stacked heavily against him 9 times out of 10 he will prevail or lose 'unclean'. I think this had played a big role in the reason why WWE is currently suffering from a lack of stars that are really over. All roads lead to cena which means the majority of wrestlers are fed to the cash cow as a pose to beinh competitively booked along side him. I personally can't think of anyone that cena has really put over or provided a rub for (correct me if I'm wrong), not even punk during his entire title reign as 'the best in the world' was booked strongly against or in comparison to Cena in fact he played second fiddle to John despite having possession of the world title. I'm all for uber faces being protected but surely the end goal must mean that the years of protection and strong booking is for someone to go over him and it mean something?

I'm not pro cena, I'm not anti cena, I can respect what he's done but I'm desperate for him to do something interesting and for me it's that tired old heel turn speculation yet again!!!! The problem being is that WWE have to some extent booked themselves into a corner, because if they ever did turn cena heel he would be heavily cheered regardless of how dispicable or arrogant he was, however leave him face and he will continue to be booed louder than ever and remain the goofy, stale boring Cena we have today.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 25 Apr 2013, 11:18 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:
Ent wrote:Can he promo though?

I think you have answered your own question there

The odd good promo proves that he can promo, which makes it all the more frustrating that he chooses to weigh his promos down in really appaling attempts at comedy, comedy in fairness that children do find funny.

I don't care for Cena personally, but I understand his role on the card, he is a huge draw, as can be proved by ratings rising and falling in his apperances and he's nowhere near as bad a wrestler as he's made out to be, yes he has fundemental flaws, particuarly in his selling but he's not the second coming of Khali and given the right opponent, Punk usually, he can have a very good match.

Do I like Cena, not really, Do I understand the need for Cena, yes.

My point is given prime mic time every week for 5 years and everyone would cut the odd decent promo, most people could pull out a good match with the best in ring performers in the business.

Is this good enough to be the top man in the industry for what is ghastly closing on a decade?

I appreciate his work and commitment, and admit his style is toned down to make sure he makes every house show.

The question really is could anyone else have been John cena? In my opinion yes.

Could anyone else have been hogan, Austin or the rock? No, anyone in the right place or at the right time could have been John cena imo.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 26 Apr 2013, 12:45 am

I do have a problem with Cena being booked in a certain way. Like when he couldnt recover from losing to The Rock. It was such a desperate situation that he had to end up winning against Brock Lesnar. What an unfortunate soul. I also think WWE should be smart to book people like Ryback against him in a face v face feud where the kids scream for Cena and the older fans cheer for Ryback. It would get Ryback over massively to be on a level par to Cena and still not do things he cannot make up for afterwards. I hope this is a road they run to with Punk and Cena.

I hate his jokes (expect the heel turn and have sex with chocolate ones) but he draws the kids in. And he came across ridiculously well when he did a speech after Raw at the Izod. He seems a genuinely lovely chap, and he is probably the reason wrestling has a good relationship with all media due to his commitment to charitable work and public appearances

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 26 Apr 2013, 7:41 am

Hero wrote:I think Cena comes in for far too much stick that he actually deserves.

Can he wrestle?
Yes, sure he's no Daniel Bryan, Kurt Angle or Dean Malenko and will never put on a technical masterclass but give him a quality opponent and he rises to the occasion time and time again.

Can he promo?
Again he's no Austin, no Punk or even a Dean Ambrose Wink but past the gurning, poopie references and occasional Mick Foleyesque sudden dramatic angry shouts to emphasise points then yes he can promo very well.

Can he draw?
Oh hell yes he can draw, viewing wise viewings go up when he's on a show, we love to hate, we hate to love him but he draws you in, he puts bums on seats and he makes you interested whichever side of the fence you sit on him.

Can he sell?
Probably the biggest criticism thrown at him is his inability to sell a beating, that an opponent will beat down a certain part of the body and he'll be limping one moment then back to SuperCena the next lifting them up for the AA. I agree on this, for someone that's been at the top for so long its the area he really needs to work on.

Overall Cena is the master of one but he's got the look, the draw, the promos, more wrestling ability than we give credit for, and most importantly he makes people interested just by being there.

This is Hero, bonafide IWC member pledging his allegiance to the flag of Cena.

Everything you have just said OK thumbsup clap

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Fri 26 Apr 2013, 9:27 am

Can he wrestle?

Only when his opponent is a fantastic wrestler does he ever look decent. Mediocre at best.

Can he promo?

Yes can, very well indeed. But it's very rare that he gets it right, and so often he gets it very very wrong.

Can he draw?

Surely anyone can 'draw' if they're marketed as heavily as he is. The fact that he can draw is down to how much he's shoved down our throats.

Can he sell?

God no.

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Azwethinkweiz Fri 26 Apr 2013, 10:56 am

Azwethinkweiz takes all of your points and will hold them close to his heart.

BUT Can he draw?

Yes he does but why, and who?

If someone else had the torch i feel that they could do a better job and draw more than just kids and people waiting for a heel turn that is never going to happen.

WWWF will continue to stagnate until this "cash cow" either changes his persona or passes the tourch of being the No.1 guy to someone who is better at wrestling and a better story teller.

Azwethinkweiz

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 26 Apr 2013, 11:12 am

Thats the point though WWE obviously dont feel they are stagnating, in their opinion they have a guy that creates debate, controversy, sells PPV's, millions of dollars of merch and ratings go up when he's on screen.

To them this is the golden era, the promise land and until people turn off he will continue to be supercena

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 26 Apr 2013, 11:25 am

Can he wrestle?

Only when his opponent is a fantastic wrestler does he ever look decent. Mediocre at best.
He's not the guy who dictates the flow of the match and yes he needs someone to raise his game but when that bar is raised for him, then he time and time again rises to the occasion.

Can he promo?

Yes can, very well indeed. But it's very rare that he gets it right, and so often he gets it very very wrong.

In our eyes he gets it wrong. In our grown up bitter cynical eyes.
Now sit yourself next to a 7 year old like I often do (he's my son, I don't just find random ones off the street and promise them sweets etc), sat there in his John Cena tshirt in putrid orange. In his John Cena wristband. In his John Cena cap. With a John Cena action figure on his knee. Watching him talk about someone being poopie and then pulling a face that looks like he's got a turtles head popping out.
He gets it right to his fanbase.

Can he draw?

Surely anyone can 'draw' if they're marketed as heavily as he is. The fact that he can draw is down to how much he's shoved down our throats.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the defence for Cena would like to bring to the court the evidence that is Alberto Del Rio.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Azwethinkweiz Fri 26 Apr 2013, 11:28 am

To Azwethinkweiz this is the golden shower era.

I am sure if we heard of a Cena heel turn i am sure the ratings would go through the roof.

Hogan, Hart even Rocky boy had epic heel turns why wont they risk it for a biscuit and make him dismantle Hornswaggle or Rack Zyder?
Have him lose clean to Ryder, flip out and put Ryders face through Michael Cole!

Azwethinkweiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Azwethinkweiz Fri 26 Apr 2013, 11:30 am

Hero,

Do you think your son would like Cena if he turned heel?

Azwethinkweiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 26 Apr 2013, 11:32 am

I get you don't particuarly care for Cena but if they do turn him heel and it falls flat, like Austins for example, whats WWE's next move, at this moment in time, WWE don't have the next babyface in waiting, not one thats a proven draw anyways.

Cena's heel turn is the one massive storyline WWE have left and while I think its coming within the next couple of years, they won't pop it a) without a ready babyface replacement and b) on a storyline involving Zack Ryder

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 26 Apr 2013, 11:40 am

Azwethinkweiz wrote:Hero,

His top five at present are...

Cena
Rock
Ryback
Daniel Bryan (due to the goatface jokes)
Undertaker

He hates the Shield (but in a good heat way).

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Azwethinkweiz Fri 26 Apr 2013, 11:42 am

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:I get you don't particuarly care for Cena but if they do turn him heel and it falls flat, like Austins for example, whats WWE's next move, at this moment in time, WWE don't have the next babyface in waiting, not one thats a proven draw anyways.

Cena's heel turn is the one massive storyline WWE have left and while I think its coming within the next couple of years, they won't pop it a) without a ready babyface replacement and b) on a storyline involving Zack Ryder

Was only using Ryder as an example of an extreme baby face.

Should they not be building someone up as the next top face though?
if they had started doing that then they would not hold out on this turn that most would love to see happen.

Cena is the first on the list.
Azwethinkweiz has more than just Cena in his pit of bile

Azwethinkweiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Azwethinkweiz Fri 26 Apr 2013, 11:49 am

Hero wrote:
Azwethinkweiz wrote:Hero,

His top five at present are...

Cena
Rock
Ryback
Daniel Bryan (due to the goatface jokes)
Undertaker

He hates the Shield (but in a good heat way).

thats cute, he likes the faces.

Its nice to see that Taker is in there too as he was one of my favorites when i was a little'n.

Azwethinkweiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 26 Apr 2013, 11:53 am

WWE have tried to build other top faces, Ryback, Sheamus and ADR to name 3 recent example.

It's fair to say none of them have set the heather alight so far, though I think Ryback has potential and it's debatable if Sheamus was given a fair crack of the whip.

The Cena heel turn will undoubtedly come at some stage, it's too big a story not to, but at the moment Cena, draws money, entertains a large demographic and creates conversation.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Fri 26 Apr 2013, 11:58 am

CM Punk can easily be the top face in the company imo. Daniel Bryan and Seamus can be the next top faces below Punk. Dolph could (although he doesn't want to) turn face.
Then you have the part timers of Triple H, The Rock and Undertaker.
I think there are plenty of options myself.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 26 Apr 2013, 12:05 pm

Only Dolph out of that list could become the poster boy for the pre-teen market. None of the others (I'm discounting the part timers) have the look of the number 1 guy in the company, Punk included as that's been the criticism levelled at him by Taker.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Azwethinkweiz Fri 26 Apr 2013, 12:12 pm

Hero wrote:Only Dolph out of that list could become the poster boy for the pre-teen market. None of the others (I'm discounting the part timers) have the look of the number 1 guy in the company, Punk included as that's been the criticism levelled at him by Taker.

Will Punk come back with a different look?
He has everything else it takes.

Doesn'y Dolf want to remain heel for his whole career, even though he gets a face pop.

Oooh a face pop, id like to see Cena's face pop!
BY GAWWWWWD Cena's nose just flew off his face into the crowd with reminents of his skull embeded into the canvas!

Azwethinkweiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 26 Apr 2013, 12:17 pm

Punk can't change the look of a sunken eyed,overly tattooed scrawny nerd though. Stick him in a suit and he's a sunken eyed,overly tattooed scrawny nerd in a suit.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Azwethinkweiz Fri 26 Apr 2013, 12:26 pm

yeah i suppose it would take a lot to make him look the part.

But that is what i dont like, it should be about the wrestling so the top guys could be.... Punk, Swagger, Ziggler, Danielson. You know the decent wrestlers on the roster.

I am fed up with seeing a few punches and a hip toss for a main event ( ala Rock v Cena )

Azwethinkweiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Fri 26 Apr 2013, 12:30 pm

Hero wrote:Punk can't change the look of a sunken eyed,overly tattooed scrawny nerd though. Stick him in a suit and he's a sunken eyed,overly tattooed scrawny nerd in a suit.

That is a bit harsh!!!!! Punk looks cool; much better than someone like Cena

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Fri 26 Apr 2013, 12:40 pm

Sara wrote:
Hero wrote:Punk can't change the look of a sunken eyed,overly tattooed scrawny nerd though. Stick him in a suit and he's a sunken eyed,overly tattooed scrawny nerd in a suit.

That is a bit harsh!!!!! Punk looks cool; much better than someone like Cena

But which looks cooler to a seven year old? Have a look at the shirts worn by the majority of young fans at an event and the answer is obvious.

I dislike Cena, but as adults we are watching a product that is not aimed at us.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Fri 26 Apr 2013, 12:43 pm

I have a couple of friends whose kids both like Punk and they are under 10. I just think back to when I was a kid who I liked and it wasn't the good guys at all, it made no difference to me......I just think you like who you like regardless

Sara

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 26 Apr 2013, 12:46 pm

haha I'd hardly call Punk 'overly tattooed' and as we've seen he could easily be the number one face of the company...when Cena and Punk faced off for the WWE title it was easy to see who was the favourite...no matter how much WWE pushed Cena.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 26 Apr 2013, 12:50 pm

Disagree on the punk stuff as I feel they fill different niches

However to MOST casual fans (e.g Mrs G or my little cousins) Cena is the clear face of the two and the one they gravitate towards. I think that the female audience musn't be forgotten in regards to Cena as well

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Azwethinkweiz Fri 26 Apr 2013, 12:55 pm

Gregers wrote:Disagree on the punk stuff as I feel they fill different niches

However to MOST casual fans (e.g Mrs G or my little cousins) Cena is the clear face of the two and the one they gravitate towards. I think that the female audience musn't be forgotten in regards to Cena as well

Mrs Azwethinkweiz hates Cena too, last time i checked she was female.....

Azwethinkweiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 26 Apr 2013, 1:01 pm

My wife likes Cena, she did the 'U can't C me' to her class the other day to get a cheap pop.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Fri 26 Apr 2013, 1:02 pm

I am female and I cannot bloody stand him

Sara

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Fri 26 Apr 2013, 1:02 pm

My wife did it to a kid in Asda who had a Cena t shirt on, he loved it

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 26 Apr 2013, 1:15 pm

Azwethinkweiz wrote:

When was the last time you checked though? Things change you know...

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Azwethinkweiz Fri 26 Apr 2013, 1:15 pm

Hero and paul

Your other halfs sound awesome but Sara pleases Azwethinkweiz more.

Sara, who's your favorite at the moment and your favorite of all time?

Azwethinkweiz

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 26 Apr 2013, 1:17 pm

Paul Mac 6CW wrote:My wife did it to a kid in Asda who had a Cena t shirt on, he loved it

So that's ok but when I tip ashes over people in CM Punk t-shirts I get called a monster!?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Azwethinkweiz Fri 26 Apr 2013, 1:19 pm

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:
Azwethinkweiz wrote:

When was the last time you checked though? Things change you know...

Last week some time, if she's grown a P3nis since then it will only be a small ginger one.

Azwethinkweiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 26 Apr 2013, 1:20 pm

The problem with Punk is that I don't think he'd ever make the effort to appeal to kids, his whole act is very much attractive to the adult fans, to the more than casual fans. The nods to obscure information, the tributes in his ring attire, the longer promos, the lack of a catchphrase. While this makes him more entertaining to us, as a poster boy it's lacking. I think Austin is closer to Cena than he is to Punk, who is kind of his own breed of wrestler at the moment.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Fri 26 Apr 2013, 1:44 pm

xviperx wrote:
Paul Mac 6CW wrote:My wife did it to a kid in Asda who had a Cena t shirt on, he loved it

So that's ok but when I tip ashes over people in CM Punk t-shirts I get called a monster!?

This just made me spit water all over my keyboard!! If it stops working im blaming you Viper!!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Mon 29 Apr 2013, 12:25 pm

Azwethinkweiz wrote:Hero and paul

Your other halfs sound awesome but Sara pleases Azwethinkweiz more.

Sara, who's your favorite at the moment and your favorite of all time?

Favourite at this very moment in time would have to be The Shield, specifically Dean Ambrose............of all time is difficult but I think I will go with Mr Jericho Very Happy

Sara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down