The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tennis mastermind quiz

3 posters

Go down

Tennis mastermind quiz Empty Tennis mastermind quiz

Post by newballs Sat 09 Jun 2012, 8:40 pm

If you are asked to name the men semi-finalists for all the slams in the Open Era anybody can list at least three out of the four (and,yes, courtesy of Andy all of them sometimes) for seemingly tennis eternity but actually there have been at least 179 of them (the link is slightly out of date from 2011and as there are now two players at the 31 appearances mark I believe). What about those others slam winners, runners up and bridesmaids?

http://www.sporcle.com/games/minor9th/mens-open-era-grand-slam-semi-finalists

If you have 15 mins of your life to spare in the agony of trying to remember all those one time slam semi-finalists then here's your chance. No googling and 53 was my score (if you're interested).

Good luck to those with nothing better to do!

newballs

Back to top Go down

Tennis mastermind quiz Empty Re: Tennis mastermind quiz

Post by Chazfazzer Sat 09 Jun 2012, 9:07 pm

I only got a paltry 44. I forgot some embarrassingly easy ones, although I won't mention names to avoid making it easier for other people!

However, there are a lot of no-names from the 60s/70s in there, and I'd be surprised (and impressed) if anyone got half of them...

Chazfazzer

Back to top Go down

Post by CAS Sat 09 Jun 2012, 9:19 pm

I managed to get 70, then pulled my hair out with some of the ones I forgot! Brilliant game

CAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down