The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10 facts about Manny & boxing

+5
azania
compelling and rich
ONETWOFOREVER
davidemore
Seanusarrilius
9 posters

Go down

10 facts about Manny & boxing Empty 10 facts about Manny & boxing

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 10 Jun 2012, 2:05 pm

1. He is too far gone to even compete with Floyd at this stage. Slowing engine and handspeed. Forget that fight ever being competative if it happens
2. Pac faded last night and let Bradley in
3. HBO are so incredibly biased on Pac fights it is not worth listening to them
4. Arum wins, as usual, as always
5. Boxing is corrupt at the highest level and if there was a fix here, look to the promoter
6. Bradley should not be blamed for one minute. HE fought his heart out, even with no power and limited skill
7. This fight was close, and don't wave punch stats in my face, they mean little. That said, Pac prob did enough but it is debatable
8. Ariza, Freddy, all of the hangers onners, all look like idiots
9. I don't like waiting for a fight because the main event star wants to watch basketball then warm up his calfs
10. Boxing is easy to clean up, if people want to. But they don't

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

10 facts about Manny & boxing Empty Re: 10 facts about Manny & boxing

Post by davidemore Sun 10 Jun 2012, 2:12 pm

Lol @ number 9!

Freddie cannot get to Manny's soul, he literary has too many voices in his ear. If you're a boxer you have to have focus, i feel for whatever reason, Manny lost his.

Manny is done and in 6 months time i actually feel Bradley will do better. Manny is about to spend six months having many distractions, many hangers on hanging on, doubters coming for him in the media etc. He will be 6 months older and Bradley has had a look at him.

I like Bradley, he will never have the natural ability of a Pac Man but he can be a great champion for a time.

Mayweather whips THAT Manny. Prime Manny is lost, shame, but a great career.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 10 Jun 2012, 2:27 pm

Arum is to blame. He has already said that he will make a lot of money in the rematch while condeming the result of this fight.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sun 10 Jun 2012, 2:33 pm

manny was always going to struggle going into his thirties as his main threat (speed) is the first thing to go. having said that he won last night and just like i appladed jmm for his "win" over manny i will applaud manny for his "win" over bradley. scorecards are soon going to go like the belts in that nobody listens or cares about them.

the ten point scoring system has its flaws, and that bradley could get close to manny even though he was getting the worse of it all night shows this. think judges should be more willing to give drawn rounds and 10-8 easier. the fight wasnt that close bradley scrapped a few rounds while manny was winning the rounds easily.

to the arguement of manny taking his foot off so deserves to lose, how many times has a fighter in the past done this because normally he would be miles ahead on points. the last thing manny should have been doing was trading with a desperate bradley.

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Jun 2012, 2:42 pm

Had the judges scored this correctly, there wouldn't be an issue. This fights highlighted everything I have always said about Manny. Show him a jab and a little movement he resembles a vampire that looks at a crucifix.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 10 Jun 2012, 8:31 pm

every fighter has the option of coming forward and trying to ko there opponent, if you dont and your leave it in the judges hands strange things can happen. if your take your foot of in the later stages of a fight, your leaving yourself open to been pipped at the post, this is exactly what happened. it was a SD so it was very close. i bet JMM was overjoyed at the decision.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 11 Jun 2012, 8:44 am

I thought it was very unprofessional of Manny to leave Bradley waiting like that before the fight because he was watching the basketball game!

I thought Manny clearly won but think it's karma for the Marquez fight as he rightly 1-1 in his last 2 bouts.

In saying that Bradley doesn't deserve to be the one to benefit from the robbery!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 11 Jun 2012, 9:09 am

Id have to disagree with some of those points.

With Pacquiao, I think motivation might be the problem now rather than jst becoming old. As far as I know I think he still trains hard but he seems to lack that fire and ruthlessness now in the ring. Watching a basketball game before your fight is scheduled to begin is clearly not properly focused preparation. He become quite pally now with his opponents and I dont think that is wise. He just doesnt like he is 100% focused and hungry the way he was in the past which is something most fighters struggle with hen they have been at the top.

I think Freddy and Ariza are good at what they do and have been important in making Pacquiao what he is as a fighter. I think Ariza might like the celebrity image and overstep the boundries but I dont think him or Freddy look like idiots. One concern might be that Freddy is just not physically up to it these days. He looks worse now on 24/7 in terms of his illness.

Another thing is that I cant really see why a fix here would make much sense for Arum. He has a proven ppv draw that can get 1-2 million ppv buys for a given fight. Ok, hes maybe edging closer to the end of his career but I dont think stitching him up for Bradleys benefit really does much for Arum.

I thought the fight was close-ish but similar in closeness to the Cotto/Mayweather fight which I scored the same margin. Competitve all the way through, but Pacquaio and Mayweather won more rounds. I also think its interesting that so much focus is on Pacquiaos deterioration but I actually thought Mayweather was not at his best either against Cotto. In both cases I think the opponent has to be credited. These arent easy fights and I think fans expect masterclasses from both of them a little bit too much.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Mon 11 Jun 2012, 8:35 pm

the fact he made everyone wait because he was watching basketball means he is not in touch with reality.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down