The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your new p4p list

+8
manos de piedra
TopHat24/7
KingMonkey
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
eddyfightfan
88Chris05
azania
Seanusarrilius
12 posters

Go down

Your new p4p list Empty Your new p4p list

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 10 Jun 2012, 6:13 pm

Regardles of the result being contentious last night, I would be shocked if anyone still has Pac an as number 1 on their list.

Mine is as follows

1. Mayweather
2.Martinez
3. Marquez
4. Donaire
5. Ward
6. Pac Man
7. Chad Dawson
8. Wlad Klitscko
9.Miguel Cotto
10. Yuriokis Gamboa

Pac is hanging on but I really didn't feel I was watching the same man last night. Bradley isn't elite enough to break my top ten, regardless of decision (which was close but could easily have gone to Pac).Rigondeux needs more time but will end up on my list, as will Lara once someone with balls faces him.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Your new p4p list Empty Re: Your new p4p list

Post by azania Sun 10 Jun 2012, 6:16 pm

Mine hasn't changed.

Floyd
Ward
JMM
Pac
Donnaire
WK

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 10 Jun 2012, 6:19 pm

Fair list. I got JMM and Martinez above Ward, just, on experience and performances thus far, but if Ward beats dawson, he will be moving on up on my list.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Jun 2012, 6:24 pm

Paq was never 2 on my list prior to this bout.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 10 Jun 2012, 6:25 pm

alma wrote:Surely pacquiao should still be number 2 on anyone's list?

Why? He was poor v Mosely, lost to JMM and struggled last night.

He is no longer elite mate, needs to drop down. 60 fight career is plenty. Pac is spent.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 10 Jun 2012, 6:44 pm

1) Mayweather 2) Donaire 3) Pacquiao 4) Marquez 5) Ward 6) Martinez 7) Wladimir Klitschko 8) Dawson 9) Gamboa 10) Bradley

This morning's events have only served to make this an even more difficult task - and it was already nigh on impossible before that.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 10 Jun 2012, 6:48 pm

88Chris05 wrote:1) Mayweather 2) Donaire 3) Pacquiao 4) Marquez 5) Ward 6) Martinez 7) Wladimir Klitschko 8) Dawson 9) Gamboa 10) Bradley

This morning's events have only served to make this an even more difficult task - and it was already nigh on impossible before that.

Same names, different order.

Did you see Rigondeux? Superb talent.

BTW - You and I may be the only two people on earth calling last night a close fight. Ha.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 10 Jun 2012, 6:57 pm

alma wrote:I'm no expert on donaire Chris, so I'll have to bow to your greater knowledge.

To be honest mate, I'm not fully convinced he warrants number two spot myself! Hell of a fighter, mind you.

The problem for me is, before Pacquiao-Bradley I had Floyd and Manny as my nailed on top two. Behind them, I had Donaire and Marquez pretty much on an equal footing at either third or fourth, with Ward and Martinez a shade or two behind.

As is becoming common knowledge, I wasn't anywhere near as impressed with Manny early this morning as many others were, and that's a small handul of fights in succession now where I feel he's gradually slipped. On that basis, I'm not sure I can keep him at number two given how off-colour he's looked recently.

Alas, I just don't rate Bradley highly enough in any department to have him jumping in to Manny's place, so I suppose the option I'm left with is to move Donaire up a notch. Wouldn't object to anyone keeping Pacquiao at number two, and I certainly wouldn't have him any lower than third.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 10 Jun 2012, 7:06 pm

88Chris05 wrote:
alma wrote:I'm no expert on donaire Chris, so I'll have to bow to your greater knowledge.

To be honest mate, I'm not fully convinced he warrants number two spot myself! Hell of a fighter, mind you.

The problem for me is, before Pacquiao-Bradley I had Floyd and Manny as my nailed on top two. Behind them, I had Donaire and Marquez pretty much on an equal footing at either third or fourth, with Ward and Martinez a shade or two behind.

As is becoming common knowledge, I wasn't anywhere near as impressed with Manny early this morning as many others were, and that's a small handul of fights in succession now where I feel he's gradually slipped. On that basis, I'm not sure I can keep him at number two given how off-colour he's looked recently.

Alas, I just don't rate Bradley highly enough in any department to have him jumping in to Manny's place, so I suppose the option I'm left with is to move Donaire up a notch. Wouldn't object to anyone keeping Pacquiao at number two, and I certainly wouldn't have him any lower than third.

Fair one mate. I am getting some twitter backlash for supporting the fight as close last night, haha

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 10 Jun 2012, 7:10 pm

slightly unfair to bradley, surely he needs to be above manny now- unified 140 champ, big names, now 147 champ. fair doos if you had him losing the fight be he won it at the end of the day, and untill somebody beats him he should be treated as such.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Jun 2012, 7:14 pm

I rate Donnaire very highly, but Rigo would beat him. He is that good. But with only 12 fights, I cant have him on ly list. After he beats Donairre, he'll move up to the top 10.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Jun 2012, 7:15 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:slightly unfair to bradley, surely he needs to be above manny now- unified 140 champ, big names, now 147 champ. fair doos if you had him losing the fight be he won it at the end of the day, and untill somebody beats him he should be treated as such.

Should an outright robbery be rewarded? No slight on Tim. He did his best but for the judges, he would have been a good loser.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Jun 2012, 7:18 pm

88Chris05 wrote:

It's not a question of being impressed with Manny. I'm on record here in saying that he has never been as good as made out. But for me and probably most here, he won that fight. On that basis, he shouldn't be docked or punished.

Likewise I have JMM above him because, despite what the judges saw, I had JMM winning their fight.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 10 Jun 2012, 7:18 pm

i didnt have it as an outright robbery though.

and manny has a few over JMM, but he still is considered undeafted against him.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Jun 2012, 7:22 pm

eddyfightfan wrote:i didnt have it as an outright robbery though.

and manny has a few over JMM, but he still is considered undeafted against him.

In short I disregard the official results. I had JMM beating Manny so I have him ranked higher. I had Manny winning earlier, so I base my ranking on that.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 10 Jun 2012, 8:15 pm

Manny stayed p4p #1 or 2 after getting a fit vs JMM. He might not have deserved to lose (although i think that it was actually pretty close without the sound which was very offputting) he should be ranked down.

1.) Floyd
2.) Donaire
3.) Ward
4.) Martinez
5.) JMM
6.) Wlad
7.) Pacquiao
8.) Dawson
9.) Gamboa
10.) Bradley

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Sun 10 Jun 2012, 8:21 pm

I can't see how Bradley gets in a top ten over the likes of Froch.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 10 Jun 2012, 8:32 pm

KingMonkey wrote:I can't see how Bradley gets in a top ten over the likes of Froch.

Well for starters, Bradley hasn't lost to his two most significant divisional rivals. Froch has. Regardless of how anyone scored the fight last night, it was certainly a lot more competitive than Froch-Ward, I'd add.

Can't see a case for Froch being higher, personally.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 10 Jun 2012, 8:33 pm

he just beat the top man, froch lost to ward, froch has a better cv so i'd put them on a parr with each other

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Sun 10 Jun 2012, 8:37 pm

Bradley scraped past Alexander on the basis that he butted him into submission and last night, by all accounts, lost to Manny. P4P I wouldn't have him above Froch who has been better tested for longer and in his last outing absolutely battered someone who was considered level with Ward. Only now does that look very far from the truth.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 10 Jun 2012, 8:45 pm

froch has never beat the level of fighter bradley did last night. froch was throughly outclassed against ward, and even lost to kessler. you can say he didnt deserve the decision, bu karl has had his own close encounters go his way too.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Sun 10 Jun 2012, 8:50 pm

And go against him.

You could argue that until Carl wiped the floor with him Bute was right up there with Manny. Alright, he's not as good but you 'could' make an argument.

Anyway, I'm fighting a losing battle I think. I don't like Bradley as a fighter at all and he wouldn't make my list.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun 10 Jun 2012, 8:57 pm

thats a stretch manny and bute but okay. depending on the next couple of fights it could go either way if bradley lost and froch beat kessler in the rematch i would concede but if he bradley wins khan or a rematch next then i think he clearly would take it.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Sun 10 Jun 2012, 9:02 pm

Fair to say it's a close call.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sun 10 Jun 2012, 9:06 pm

Mayweather still just edges #1 spot for me but Manny is a close second as he boxed almost a shut-out against an unbeaten champ in their prime vs Floyd's good but close performance against Cotto who had a couple of 'L's on his ledger, was probably a year or two off prime and slightly delicate psychologically. Manny-JMM III did more to hurt his p4p standings for me than last night.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sun 10 Jun 2012, 9:10 pm

1. Mayweather
2. Pac
3. Marquez
4. Ward
5. Donaire
6. Martinez
7. Chad Dawson
8. Wlad Klitscko
9. Yuriokis Gamboa
10. Miguel Cotto

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sun 10 Jun 2012, 9:13 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:

Fair one mate. I am getting some twitter backlash for supporting the fight as close last night, haha

Nothing personal mate Wink

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sun 10 Jun 2012, 9:16 pm

azania wrote:
eddyfightfan wrote:slightly unfair to bradley, surely he needs to be above manny now- unified 140 champ, big names, now 147 champ. fair doos if you had him losing the fight be he won it at the end of the day, and untill somebody beats him he should be treated as such.

Should an outright robbery be rewarded? No slight on Tim. He did his best but for the judges, he would have been a good loser.

Interestingly I saw someone mention on Twitter earlier that Boxrec didn't hit Dirrell or Chisora's points following fights with debatable decisions however they did knock Manny's (and give Bradley the corresponding boost).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 10 Jun 2012, 9:21 pm

Boxrec is a joke.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sun 10 Jun 2012, 9:28 pm

I know, just thought it was interesting....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 11 Jun 2012, 7:30 am

Its a bit of a dilemma with Pacquiao, JMM and Bradley because I think the decisions in those fights were incorrect. If they were fights capable of going either way Id roll with the official decision but I think in both cases the wrong man clearly won so Imless sure how I would structure it.

I find Martinez and Bradley an interesting comparison. Martinez is immensely popular on here whereas I get the impression Bradley is going to have to work very hard to earn his plaudits. I think the controversial result may have taken away somewhat from what was a good performance from Bradley regardless. On the other hand, I havent been hugely impressed with Martinez in his last couple of outings. He got the job done but didnt really sparkle and while alot of the talk lately has been Pacquiao on the slide I think Martinez has looked a bit that way also. I suspect thats why Chavez has opted to take on that fight now. I think they fancy it after seeing Macklin make Martinez work. But in terms of results in recent years I think Bradley measures up ok with him.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 11 Jun 2012, 10:16 am

Mayweather
Ward
Martinez
JMM
Donaire
Pacquiao
Wlad
Vitali
Froch
Cotto

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 11 Jun 2012, 10:22 am

Mayweather
Pacquiao
Marquez
Martinez
Ward
Donaire
Wlad K
Froch
Vitali K
Dawson
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 11 Jun 2012, 10:45 am

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:Mayweather
Pacquiao
Marquez
Martinez
Ward
Donaire
Wlad K
Froch
Vitali K
Dawson

How is Pacquiao number 2 out of interest?

I think Ward has performed a lot better over the past couple of fights.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 11 Jun 2012, 10:52 am

mobilemaster8 wrote:
Pacquiao
Marquez
Martinez
Ward
Donaire
Wlad K
Froch
Vitali K
Dawson

He's number 2 on my list based on how I scored Saturday night's fight, not the judges. A clear win (more clear than PBF's over Cotto for example) over a prime unbeaten champ is a very credible boost to Manny's p4p standings. His JMM fight was more detrimental which is why I have Floyd ahead (and JMM #3).

But that's just my reasoning (sorry for hijacking yours PBK!)

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 11 Jun 2012, 10:53 am

mobilemaster8 wrote:
Pacquiao
Marquez
Martinez
Ward
Donaire
Wlad K
Froch
Vitali K
Dawson

Only Marquez has caused him trouble in recent times. Bradley did well but Manny won clearly. Clottey did nothing and neither did Mosley. I thought he was good against Margarito.

Wards looked good but Manny has only lost in recent times to the man I have at 3.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleD22 Mon 11 Jun 2012, 11:12 am

1-Mayweather
2-Pacquiao
3-Marquez
4-Ward
5-Martinez
6-Donaire
7-Wlad
8-Froch
9-Gamboa
10-Dawson

I like many others have pac winning yesterday hence not dropping him down my list, safe to say im shocked how he can be as low as 7th on some lists here! Official result aside beating a genuine contender in Bradley in dominating him should not lower his stock but do quite the opposite.

DoubleD22

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleD22 Mon 11 Jun 2012, 11:22 am

which he convincingly won in my opinion.

im happy to admit pac isn't the fighter he was a few years ago, his work rate has slowed and he isn't as explosive but he was in control for vast majority last night against a live opponent.

That shouldn't count against him because the judges scored it wrong..

DoubleD22

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 11 Jun 2012, 12:36 pm

Why are so many ignoring the Marquez fight, the past two fights one of which he clearly lost make him a very distant second. I would have donaire, ward and Marquez all above him now.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 11 Jun 2012, 1:10 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:

Nothing personal mate Wink

haha, no worries

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down