The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

nfl bid for man with no legs

2 posters

Go down

nfl bid for man with no legs Empty nfl bid for man with no legs

Post by Fernando Thu 07 Apr 2011, 2:47 pm

BRAVE Bobby Martin has become a star American football player - despite having no legs.

The 23-year-old suffers from a rare condition which means his body stops at his pelvis.

But that hasn't stopped him landing a place on his college team in Ohio, America.

And now Bobby is hoping to one day play professionally in the NFL after landing a trial with a big team.
Defensive ace Bobby - who uses a skateboard to get around - says being low helps him to deliver crunching tackles.
He said: "To hit well in the tackle you have to be low and how can you get lower than me?

"My arms are like my legs, so they are very strong. My size helps me with my football skill
"It is another way that I turn my size to my advantage."

Dad-of-one Bobby suffers from Caudal Regression Syndrome and has walked on his hands since the age of two after being born with no legs.

Bobby has impressed coaches at his local Theregood Marshall High School with his skills.

He also keeps himself so fit, he can lift three times his 110lb bodyweight.

But despite his best efforts, he was once SENT OFF in a match by a mean-spirited ref for being disabled.

He explained: "They said that because I wasn't wearing thigh pads, knee pads or boots I couldn't play.

he Ohio school board overturned the ruling and I went on to play for my university."

Bobby, who lives at home with his mum, says his condition hasn't stopped him being a huge hit with the ladies.

"The ladies love me," he grinned. "They say I am handsome and I always try to smell good for them.

"I am a big old flirt and I tell them what they want to hear. I have had over 25 girlfriends to date."

Bobby hopes his fight to the top will inspire other disabled people around the world.

He added: "People with disabilities look up to me and older people who think that they can't do something draw inspiration from me.

"I say to them if I can do this with no legs, then what is your excuse?"

fair play to the guy

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

nfl bid for man with no legs Empty Re: nfl bid for man with no legs

Post by skins4ever Thu 07 Apr 2011, 6:31 pm

He's not actually trying to make an NFL team, but did attend the Browns a while ago:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Martin_%28American_football%29

skins4ever

Back to top Go down