The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jamie Carragher

+12
Thomond
HERSH
Soldier_Of_Fortune
sodhat
Jennifer1984
sportform
Ent
EnglishReign
azania
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Crimey
GSC
16 posters

Go down

Jamie Carragher Empty Jamie Carragher

Post by GSC Mon 11 Jun 2012, 4:23 pm

makes Adebayor sound like Stephen Fry
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Jamie Carragher Empty Re: Jamie Carragher

Post by Crimey Mon 11 Jun 2012, 4:24 pm

I can understand him fine...

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Mon 11 Jun 2012, 4:26 pm

I thought he was a quality pundit on the game he was doing yesterday

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 11 Jun 2012, 7:40 pm

I thought he was God awful. I have to get the subtitles up when he's talking also. He also has a face that requires a slap. What a plum.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Mon 11 Jun 2012, 7:41 pm

He's brilliant. Great knowledge of the game.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Mon 11 Jun 2012, 11:24 pm

He talks a lot of rubbish and it was very uncomfortable viewing him trying to one up vieria over the result.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:26 am

It was quite amusing when Adrian Chiles stated that the pundits had been critical of Roy Hodgson when the game was going on but then the players seemed to backtrack pretty fast from that.
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer1984 Tue 12 Jun 2012, 4:57 am

I liked the part where he and Patrick Viera had a nice little chat amongst themselves for five minutes or so, completely bypassing Chiles as anchor.

You carry on, chatting, guys. Don't mind us. We're only the viewers.

Jennifer1984

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 12 Jun 2012, 7:59 am

I thought it was funny when he said he never saw anything in Andriy Voronin when he was at Liverpool, and that he was a "lazy bugger" in training Laugh

Carragher reminds me of a young Gary Neville

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 12 Jun 2012, 8:03 am

He's not a patch on Neville who actually analyses games an provides insight rather than talking absolute rubbish.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 12 Jun 2012, 9:05 am

I think people are a bit Scouse racist round these parts

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 12 Jun 2012, 9:13 am

He wasn't bad at all in terms of his views.

Yes, his voice doesn't lend itself to TV or radio but he was perfectly fine.

He made me feel less uncomfortable than Roy Keane, that's for sure. I wonder whether Roy goes out for a drink with the 'guys' after the match or he goes back to his hotel and sticks pins in an Adrian Chiles voodoo doll.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 12 Jun 2012, 9:18 am

Roy Keane shouldn't be a respected pundit.

I certainly have no respect for the man whatsoever.

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 12 Jun 2012, 9:22 am

I have a great deal of fear for him. He really does have a very unpleasant aura, like he's a bad coffee away from snapping.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 12 Jun 2012, 9:24 am

It's unbelievable that ITV are just willing to sweep the fact... and it is fact... that he intentionally ended another man's career through inflicting a gruesome injury, because said person laughed at him once (in his opinion)

Petty, shallow, horrible little man.

Wouldn't say it to his face

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 12 Jun 2012, 9:29 am

I don't know, his knees are pretty knackered now (he couldn't do half an hour of that charity match thing) so if you say it and turn and leg it, chances are you'll outstrip him.

All personal opinions aside, I just don't like him as a pundit, odd thing to say maybe but he's too serious for me.

And I can't believe they sat him and Vieira next to each other. Don't they hate each others guts? They could have at least put Southgate in the middle.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 12 Jun 2012, 9:30 am

They should have put a plate of pizza in the middle

Telly!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 12 Jun 2012, 9:32 am

If it was fact haaland would have gotten a massive pay out, it is co incidence, it was his other knee that retired him years later.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 12 Jun 2012, 9:45 am

azania wrote:I thought he was God awful. I have to get the subtitles up when he's talking also. He also has a face that requires a slap. What a plum.

Az the keyboard warrior Laugh

Think your the one who requires a slap thumbsup

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 12 Jun 2012, 9:47 am

Ent wrote:If it was fact haaland would have gotten a massive pay out, it is co incidence, it was his other knee that retired him years later.

I was about to say that, still a horrific tackle.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 12 Jun 2012, 9:51 am

It doesn't take away the intention at all though, even if he came back from it, it was vindictive and not the kind of vindictive that can be put down to heat of the moment... He planned this from the moment Haaland mocked him previously.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jun 2012, 10:17 am

I think ITV deserve credit for getting Keane and Vieira in the same studio given the events of 2005. Almost surpasses the BBC getting Ian Wright and Schmeichel in same studio.

I wouldn't say that Carragher is that bad. He isn't given the reign that Neville has on Sky. I always find it laughable for people to compare when at tournaments the pundits are not afforded the time to be analytical on ITV. I thought Shearer was spot on with Shevchenko yesterday in his analysis.

If Carragher was given the time to actually provide some analysis, maybe he would get a tad more credit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 12 Jun 2012, 10:19 am

sodhat wrote:It doesn't take away the intention at all though, even if he came back from it, it was vindictive and not the kind of vindictive that can be put down to heat of the moment... He planned this from the moment Haaland mocked him previously.

Not denying it, live by the sword die by the sword.

Wasn't the first player to get someone back (lol jack Carlton used to have a black book) and won't be the last.

Think you can tell keane isn't a fan of media work, when he can be bothered he makes good points and analysis but he seems to feel its all pointless with south gate et al.

Vieria and him were cut from the same cloth and went to war on the pitch so I doubt their are lasting issues, he did however stamp on southgate!

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 12 Jun 2012, 10:33 am

I couldn't understand him.

HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Tue 12 Jun 2012, 10:35 am

HERSH wrote:I couldn't understand him.

You weren't missing much.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:38 pm

He was an alright pundit, but like legendkillar said, it's hard to really judge the pundits on ITV when they don't get the same time to analyse things and you have Adrian Chiles as the chair of it all. I've always thought three pundits is too many, one would be good, two to offer differing opinions then you'd be fine. Three is too many and so nobody ever says anything meaningful.

I think Keane just wants to be a manager again.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 12 Jun 2012, 2:28 pm

Keane is an alright pundit, there are better ones out there. He was a magnificent payer despite a few incidents, a great man too, does outstanding work for charity and helps a lot of people around Ireland/Cork. Nice man too, I have never heard anyone who has had personal dealings with im (myself included) have a bad word to say about him.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Tue 12 Jun 2012, 2:38 pm

Come on pal, I adored Keane when he was at Forest and he was a fantastic player all his career but to claim he is a "nice man" is pushing it a bit.

Do McCarthy's dealings with Keane not count as personal? I'm sure he'd have several bad words to say.

I can't comment on the punditry for these Championships as I've made sure I've avoided all of the hyperbole and just watched the football. Enjoyed the action all the more because of it me thinks. If only we could have a decent commentator or two.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 12 Jun 2012, 2:52 pm

The BBC commentators are all boring but the ITV commentators, i.e. Andy Townsend, are just rubbish.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jun 2012, 2:54 pm

Townsend is just annoying. Speaks like the great player he wasn't.

Are the Beeb going to deploy Claridge??

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Tue 12 Jun 2012, 2:58 pm

I think Keown has taken the prize for the worst so far.

Yeah Townsbellend annoys me too. Especially when he talks about England as though he cares passionately. I'm not one to talk about being patriotic when it comes to football but I don't claim to care having represented another nation.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 12 Jun 2012, 3:09 pm

My favourite thing about Keane when he's on the pundit panel is whenever Chiles asks him a question Keane just has this look where he could just jump over the table at any point and glass him.
It's like doing an interview with Begbie from Trainspotting.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 12 Jun 2012, 3:15 pm

Hibbz wrote:Come on pal, I adored Keane when he was at Forest and he was a fantastic player all his career but to claim he is a "nice man" is pushing it a bit.

Do McCarthy's dealings with Keane not count as personal? I'm sure he'd have several bad words to say.

I can't comment on the punditry for these Championships as I've made sure I've avoided all of the hyperbole and just watched the football. Enjoyed the action all the more because of it me thinks. If only we could have a decent commentator or two.

I've never had a problem with him when I've met him, a gent who has no problem doing photgraphs or autographs. He does a lot of great work for charities too. He turned up at a special needs school in Cork a while back, it was a nice gesture Keane had a good point about the Irish camp, it's a view that Irish sport needs to take (rugby in particular), we need to stop the whole " give it a lash" and be professional. Keane was spot on that Ireland needed to be professional and not settle for mediocrity. I wouldn't have walked out if I were him but someone needed to say something

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Tue 12 Jun 2012, 3:25 pm

Thomond wrote:
Hibbz wrote:Come on pal, I adored Keane when he was at Forest and he was a fantastic player all his career but to claim he is a "nice man" is pushing it a bit.

I've never had a problem with him when I've met him, a gent who has no problem doing photgraphs or autographs. He does a lot of great work for charities too. He turned up at a special needs school in Cork a while back, it was a nice gesture Keane had a good point about the Irish camp, it's a view that Irish sport needs to take (rugby in particular), we need to stop the whole " give it a lash" and be professional. Keane was spot on that Ireland needed to be professional and not settle for mediocrity. I wouldn't have walked out if I were him but someone needed to say something

Great that he does things for charity and that he was good with you but I still think you're stretching it to say he's a "nice man". In fact I doubt he'd be half the person/player he was if he were.

You said that no one who'd had personal dealings with him would have a bad word to say about him which was why I mentioned McCarthy.

I agree entirely with what you say by the way, Keane was also right about Ireland doing well in-spite of Charlton not because of him. He gained respect from me by walking out because he didn't think things were being done properly. He was almost certainly right to abuse the English idiot McCarthy and his turn of phrase was classic.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jun 2012, 3:27 pm

That was a stunning rant. Surprised he waited till the World Cup to do it though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 12 Jun 2012, 3:33 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:That was a stunning rant. Surprised he waited till the World Cup to do it though.

He had problems with the FAI and McCarthy before that, you can see at the end of the Holland game during the qualifying campaign for the 02 World Cup they weren't on the best of terms. A shame I think Ireland could have gone far with Keano, I still don't know how we lost to Spain!
Spoiler:

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 12 Jun 2012, 3:35 pm

Don't think Keano had a lot of respect for big Mick.

Decent pundit but seems like he can't be bothered half the time.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jun 2012, 3:37 pm

Thomond wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:That was a stunning rant. Surprised he waited till the World Cup to do it though.

He had problems with the FAI and McCarthy before that, you can see at the end of the Holland game during the qualifying campaign for the 02 World Cup they weren't on the best of terms. A shame I think Ireland could have gone far with Keano, I still don't know how we lost to Spain!
Spoiler:

Wasn't that the legendary 'I never rated you' rant?

I agree with Keane they could've gone far. Many people at the time backed Keane up, though not sure it was entirely Mick's fault for the facilities in Japan/Korea

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 12 Jun 2012, 3:42 pm

More the FAI, then Mick. The FAI are a joke of an organisation. They put little effor into supporting our national league and show a bias to certain teams (Bohemians a Dublin Club received no punishment for their financial iregularities but several other clubs have).

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 12 Jun 2012, 3:57 pm

Yer the League of Ireland does need a revamp and some investment. Some of the clubs seem to get decent crowds aswell. I've been Shamrock Rovers a couple of times on FM with the aim of getting to the Champs League group stages. The quickest I done it in was 9 seasons Laugh . Quite sad like but I like a challenge.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue 12 Jun 2012, 4:00 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Yer the League of Ireland does need a revamp and some investment. Some of the clubs seem to get decent crowds aswell. I've been Shamrock Rovers a couple of times on FM with the aim of getting to the Champs League group stages. The quickest I done it in was 9 seasons Laugh . Quite sad like but I like a challenge.

I picked Darlington once for some reason. Didn't do to well Sad
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 12 Jun 2012, 4:01 pm

Cork City get around 1500 on average but usually get over 2000, a big problem is there are 5 Dublin clubs, Rovers are the only ones who are on a proper financial footing (UCD too but they get some funding from the college)

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 12 Jun 2012, 4:27 pm

Stella wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:Yer the League of Ireland does need a revamp and some investment. Some of the clubs seem to get decent crowds aswell. I've been Shamrock Rovers a couple of times on FM with the aim of getting to the Champs League group stages. The quickest I done it in was 9 seasons Laugh . Quite sad like but I like a challenge.

I picked Darlington once for some reason. Didn't do to well Sad

I don’t like going the big guns on FM more anymore, find it too easy. Got a decent league with Wigan where I actually won the Prem after 4 or 5 season and got to the Champs league semi final. Think am in season 7 now and I haven’t won the league since but my laptop broke and is in the process of being fixed, fingers crossed the save doesn’t have to be deleted Laugh

Thomond wrote:Cork City get around 1500 on average but usually get over 2000, a big problem is there are 5 Dublin clubs, Rovers are the only ones who are on a proper financial footing (UCD too but they get some funding from the college)

Don’t Bohemians get good crowds aswell? I think that with a little bit of investment in the league and in youth it could become on par with Scottish league.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 12 Jun 2012, 4:37 pm

Around 1000 or so. Derry City, Cork City and Shams get the best crowds. Some great players have come from the LOI. I think there are around 5 or so from the Irish squad who have played in the LOI.

(Doyle, Long, McClean, Forde, Ward, Fahey- withdrew through injury)

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by gazzler Thu 21 Jun 2012, 7:14 pm

sodhat wrote:He wasn't bad at all in terms of his views.

He made me feel less uncomfortable than Roy Keane, that's for sure. I wonder whether Roy goes out for a drink with the 'guys' after the match or he goes back to his hotel and sticks pins in an Adrian Chiles voodoo doll.

Talking of Adrian Chiles voodoo dolls, I'm sure Roy Keane would love this - voodoochiles.co.uk

gazzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Thu 21 Jun 2012, 7:18 pm

gazzler wrote:
sodhat wrote:He wasn't bad at all in terms of his views.

Talking of Adrian Chiles voodoo dolls, I'm sure Roy Keane would love this - voodoochiles.co.uk

Awesome. Thank you. The guff a childish delight.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by gazzler Thu 21 Jun 2012, 7:22 pm

You're welcome mate - I'm sure there's a lot of people up and down the country and a certain Irishman who'd love to do that to Chiles!

gazzler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down