The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Fight Coverage

4 posters

Go down

TV Fight Coverage Empty TV Fight Coverage

Post by kingjohn7 Mon 11 Jun 2012, 7:34 pm

Hi guys, whilst watching the tests this weekend I noticed that every time a scrap/handbags started the camera cut away to some crap shot of a player looking at the ground(or something). then went back to the confrontation as things had died down.
Does anyone know if this was just poor camerawork or is it intentional by the broadcasters?

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

TV Fight Coverage Empty Re: TV Fight Coverage

Post by Biltong Mon 11 Jun 2012, 7:36 pm

It is intentional if you ask me, you never see a proper fight.

But then the only rugby players I know that can put a decent swing together is Carlos Spencer and SBW
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Mon 11 Jun 2012, 7:59 pm

Probably intentional kingjohn, it's not a good image to project I suppose, whether that's entirely down to the broadcasters or is in conjunction with the rugby powers that be, who knows.

If you're trying to promote the game, I guess a bunch of blokes knocking the shoite out of each other wont appeal to some parents and will prevent them from allowing Johnny/Jenny from having a go at the game at junior level.

Fortunately, that wasn't the case with streakers back in the day or I would never have been treated to the sight of Erica Roe and her friend gracing the turf at Twickenham; as a young teenage boy that was quite a day. Laugh

As a side note, I saw Ireland's roundball game against Croatia last night, and apparently in that game it's acceptable to show people being shot in the face... well, when I say shot in the face, that's the way it looks initially, but when you watch the replay it turns out that another player got too close with a shirt sleeve or boot lace... or just "close" actually. TV Fight Coverage Smiley-confused013
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Mon 11 Jun 2012, 8:03 pm

biltongbek wrote:It is intentional if you ask me, you never see a proper fight.

But then the only rugby players I know that can put a decent swing together is Carlos Spencer and SBW

Julian "Farmer Giles" White is no mug Biltong. OK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puxYyJNRy4s

TV Fight Coverage Smiley-sport010

PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Mon 11 Jun 2012, 8:44 pm

Ha, yeah just watched the Eng game and Scott Parker took a really big finger flick his nose, lucky not to end his career.

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Mon 11 Jun 2012, 11:43 pm

BBC ALBA didn't exactly shy away from showing Scott MacLeod & Chris Fusaro's little festive bust up a few seasons ago https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW8zj2SEBtY they even show you a handy reverse angle! boxing

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down