The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heineken Cup: Draw for next year

+47
BigTrevsbigmac
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Artful_Dodger
ChequeredJersey
Wi11
HQ matt
Welshmushroom
Shifty
yappysnap
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Effervescing Elephant
HERSH
Suspicious lurker
Smirnoffpriest
Poorfour
bedfordwelsh
Mad for Chelsea
Dorothy_Mantooth
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
nathan
RuggerRadge2611
Sin é
valjester
BoyneRFC
EnglishReign
XR
Notch
rodders
asoreleftshoulder
profitius
formerly known as Sam
Feckless Rogue
1F'sgonnagetya!
Rava
RDW
Standulstermen
jeffwinger
KickAndChase
LeinsterFan4life
chris_501
clivemcl
PenfroPete
Morgannwg
gowales
wales606
whocares
Ospreydragon
51 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Heineken Cup: Draw for next year - Page 2 Empty Heineken Cup: Draw for next year

Post by Ospreydragon Mon 11 Jun 2012, 9:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

The draw will be shown live tomorrow, 12 June, at 11:00 am apparently.

Can see the draw live here:

http://live.ercrugby.com/index.html

Ospreydragon

Back to top Go down

Heineken Cup: Draw for next year - Page 2 Empty Re: Heineken Cup: Draw for next year

Post by rodders Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:10 pm

Are those the final pools in the OP?????
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Heineken Cup: Draw for next year - Page 2 Empty Re: Heineken Cup: Draw for next year

Post by Standulstermen Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:11 pm

They are listed about three posts down rodders.

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:12 pm

Pool 4:
Northampton Saints
Ulster Rugby
Glasgow Rugby
Castres Olympique

Delighted with that draw. Really evenly matched sides there so its anyone's pool guinness Yahoo

SUFTUM!
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:12 pm

Tough going for the Tigers to get the most dangerous Tier 3 team two years in a row! Maybe you should go back to the name Sam, formerly known as Sam. Seems like you bossed Europe in those days Smile

Ulsters group is great. Three tough teams, but all six games are winnable if we play well and banana skins if we don't. First things first is to protect our unbeaten run at home in Europe. That's a serious matter of pride. Then hopefully we can get that elusive away win in France. Then it's a matter of going over to Glasgow, who we know so well, and winning.

Yes it's a tough group but if we play at our best we can win it. If we don't, we could be embarrassed. Thats good, you need that to stop complacency sneaking in and to keep the mind focused. Perfect group for us.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:18 pm

This year will be about winning our home games and getting a win at sale. I don't see us getting much in france, other than '2' under the 'Loss' column.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:18 pm

Unlucky Exeter.

Sale have an OK pool mad

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:22 pm

Also with the blues facing Sir Jonny of Wilkinson, hopefully we'll get shifted from the red button and have a game at a decent time on a saturday rather than 4pm on a sunday! raspberry

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:28 pm

Surprise surprise Tigers get Italians again.....

Exeter- welcome to the HEC ! LOL!!

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:31 pm

gcBlues wrote:This year will be about winning our home games and getting a win at sale. I don't see us getting much in france, other than '2' under the 'Loss' column.

It depends on how seriously Montpellier take the HC. We could do the double over Sale and Montpellier - then it will depend on winning our home game against Toulon, which I wont be confident of if they play a strong squad.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by valjester Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:32 pm

rodders wrote:Pool 4:
Northampton Saints
Ulster Rugby
Glasgow Rugby
Castres Olympique

Delighted with that draw. Really evenly matched sides there so its anyone's pool guinness Yahoo

SUFTUM!

We really should be expecting to qualify from this group, very nice draw.

valjester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:38 pm

profitius wrote:From a Munster point of view its ok. Theres no easy games but they're all winnable too.

Pool 2 looks to be the pool of death. Even Treviso are capable of winning a few matches.

Yea, and it will help that Munster's new backs coach was released from Racing, not to mention Strings sojourn with Sarries.

Not a lot of video analysis required there!
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:49 pm

2012/13 Heineken Cup Dates

Round 1 12/13/14 October 2012
Round 2 19/20/21 October 2012
Round 3 7/8/9 December 2012
Round 4 14/15/16 December 2012
Round 5 11/12/13 January 2013
Round 6 18/19/20 January 2013
Quarter-finals 5/6/7 April 2013
Semi-finals 26/27/28 April 2013
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:50 pm

Sin é wrote:
profitius wrote:From a Munster point of view its ok. Theres no easy games but they're all winnable too.

Pool 2 looks to be the pool of death. Even Treviso are capable of winning a few matches.

Yea, and it will help that Munster's new backs coach was released from sacked by Racing, not to mention Strings sojourn with Sarries.

fixed that for you Wink

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:52 pm

Reasonably happy with the Edinburgh pool. Munster are the weakest they have been for a long time, Sarries will be tough and we know what to expect from RM.

Edinburgh I would like to think will have a decent chance of doing well in this group.

Last edited by RuggerRadge2611 on Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:52 pm

BoyneRFC wrote:Surprise surprise Tigers get Italians again.....

We also get Toulouse and the Ospreys!

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:57 pm

nathan wrote:

I think Ospreys will be a bigger danger than Toulouse.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:58 pm

Sine, both Sarries and Racing will have new backs coaches then, I would imagine that will cause quite a lot of work for the video analysis chappies as there won't be a back catalouge to work from.

Surprise surprise Tigers get Italians again.....

Fancy a swap Boyne?

Tough going for the Tigers to get the most dangerous Tier 3 team two years in a row! Maybe you should go back to the name Sam, formerly known as Sam. Seems like you bossed Europe in those days

I know Notch, Sad . We did have argueably the greatest pack ever to grace the HEC though. The front row was simply monstrous (the now infamous ABC club that had a bar named after them at Welford Rd), the second row was the engine room for the 2003 RWC victory and the backrow was pretty awesome and held 3 RWC winners (Back, Corry and Moody). Oh for their like again...

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:59 pm

Boyne, a little respect, sir, if you please! Anyhew, I'm delighted with that - we'll face mighty opposition in our first adventure in the European big-time, and regardless of the result, we'll be better for it, no question. It will be great to welcome each set of fans to Sandy Park Chief

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:04 pm

Glasgow group is ok, could have been easier and could have been much worse. Can't see the Runner up of this one making the HC 1/4s.

Glasgow v Ulster first up would be good for us with the move to the new ground, would be a good crowd for that.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:05 pm

Thoughts from me:

Pool 1: looks a cracker. Munster, Saracens and Edimburgh will battle for supremacy you'd think.

Pool 2: another cracker. Fancy Toulouse to come through.

Pool 3: probably the weakest. Harlequins should come through you'd think. Decent chance for a best second-placed team here though (Biarritz or Connaught?)

Pool 4: intriguing. Not the strongest in terms of teams, but four well-matched sides.

Pool 5: I feel a bit sorry for Exeter and Scarlets, as Leinster and Clermont will know they'll need to be strong to both go through.

Pool 6: another one that's wide open, Cardiff and Toulon the favourites, but don't rule out the other two.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:08 pm

Rava wrote:
nathan wrote:

I think Ospreys will be a bigger danger than Toulouse.

As an Ospreys fan i highly doubt that.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:12 pm

between ospreys ,toulouse and tigers , its too close to call on current form so it will be down to injuries/squad fitness and the away result at treviso.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:15 pm

I just don't think the Ospreys squad/team is good enough yet. Especially next year when we lose Shane, Tommy and Paul James.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:17 pm

I think all our Regions will do very well to get out of their groups. I guess the O's may feel they have chance with Treviso in there but they are no mugs at home
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:23 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:

Boyne, a little respect, sir, if you please! Anyhew, I'm delighted with that - we'll face mighty opposition in our first adventure in the European big-time, and regardless of the result, we'll be better for it, no question. It will be great to welcome each set of fans to Sandy Park Chief

And that attitude, sir, is why we love Exeter and its fans. I will be cheering you on next season and I fully expect the Chiefs to do in the HEC what they have done in their first two years in the Premiership. Namely, to put up a fight in all their matches and also to spring a surprise on at least one of the big boys.

As a Quins fan, I'd have loved to face Leinster in our group, but I will accept a trip to Biarritz in its place. I don't want to be over-confident, but I think that if Quins can carry their end of season form into next season, they will have a great chance of qualifying. I was at the Amlin final, and Biarritz won it by virtue of wanting it more than Toulon (who seemed to be saving themselves for the Top 14), rather than by the quality of their play. They'll be tough at home (as will Connacht, as we well know), but Quins are a more complete side now than they were even back in January.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:29 pm

gowales wrote:I just don't think the Ospreys squad/team is good enough yet. Especially next year when we lose Shane, Tommy and Paul James.

Gowales I think you undersell yourselves. You won the Rabo12 and you have a young team that is playing for one another. You will win your home games and should be able to pick up a win in Italy. Ulster were able to get through as a best runner-up in those circumstances last year.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:30 pm

When are the fixtures announced ? Ospreys / Leicester double header in Rounds 3 & 4 anyone ?
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:32 pm

whocares wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Yea, and it will help that Munster's new backs coach was released from sacked by Racing, not to mention Strings sojourn with Sarries.

fixed that for you Wink

who cares whether he was sacked or released. The end result is that he will know a lot about the team and he will be well peed off with them Very Happy
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:36 pm

Rava wrote:
gowales wrote:I just don't think the Ospreys squad/team is good enough yet. Especially next year when we lose Shane, Tommy and Paul James.

Gowales I think you undersell yourselves. You won the Rabo12 and you have a young team that is playing for one another. You will win your home games and should be able to pick up a win in Italy. Ulster were able to get through as a best runner-up in those circumstances last year.

That's all true but i'm trying to keep things in perspective. Leinster almost won the Pro 12 with a B team! They only played the big boys in the play offs. Ospreys basically had the same team out the whole year bar when the internationals were away. Next year we are losing a lot our key players. I just don't think this squad is mature enough yet.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:37 pm

PenfroPete wrote:When are the fixtures announced ? Ospreys / Leicester double header in Rounds 3 & 4 anyone ?

Penfro I don't think the fixtures are announced until the Summer Rolling Eyes . Middle of July last year.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:38 pm

gowales wrote:
Rava wrote:

That's all true but i'm trying to keep things in perspective. Leinster almost won the Pro 12 with a B team! They only played the big boys in the play offs. Ospreys basically had the same team out the whole year bar when the internationals were away. Next year we are losing a lot our key players. I just don't think this squad is mature enough yet.

Fairynuff mate. I'll be having you down as a potential surprise team for sure.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:41 pm

That's good to hear, i think there's a secret 5 year plan in place and we're going into year 3.

... I completely made that up, but it does sound good doesn't it?

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:49 pm

gowales wrote:That's good to hear, i think there's a secret 5 year plan in place and we're going into year 3.

... I completely made that up, but it does sound good doesn't it?

Does, except its not a secret any more. Is it? censored
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:52 pm

Asbo, NO disrespect intended whatsoever... It is an almighty welcome to the HEC. You have the continents 2 best teams in your group. Not sure where you picked up a dis there bud ! Hug

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:54 pm

BoyneRFC wrote:

Asbo, NO disrespect intended whatsoever... It is an almighty welcome to the HEC. You have the continents 2 best teams in your group. Not sure where you picked up a dis there bud ! Hug
Ah right, apologies if I took that the wrong way, sir - very much looking forward to welcoming your lot to SP - Gib has already booked his pit, the young Micks as well, let me know if you need one too? guinness

Last edited by AsLongAsBut100ofUs on Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:54 pm

Rava wrote:2012/13 Heineken Cup Dates

Round 1 12/13/14 October 2012
Round 2 19/20/21 October 2012
Round 3 7/8/9 December 2012
Round 4 14/15/16 December 2012
Round 5 11/12/13 January 2013
Round 6 18/19/20 January 2013
Quarter-finals 5/6/7 April 2013
Semi-finals 26/27/28 April 2013

Yeah it's really annoying that they cant tell us who we will be playing and when ! It's always an almighty scramble for ryanair.com when the actual games are announced !!!

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyneRFC Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:55 pm

BoyneRFC wrote:

Ah right, apologies if I took that the wrong way, sir - very much looking forward to welcoming your lot to SP - Gib has already booked his pit, the young Micks as well, let me know if you need one too? guinness

Will do, but when !!!??? Damn ERC !! Just tell us when we play each other !!

BoyneRFC

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:59 pm

Rava wrote:
gowales wrote:
Rava wrote:

Fairynuff mate. I'll be having you down as a potential surprise team for sure.

On the other hand I guess you never know, Ulster kind of came out of the blue a couple of seasons ago and now they're regularly challenging for the title.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 12 Jun 2012, 2:33 pm

I can't believe it - Am not sure how the Scarlets will increase their seedings with the teams we've been drawn with in the past few years - Leicester, Munster (Twice), Leinster, Clermont (Twice), Stade & Wasps when they were good.

Think we can be competitive in this group and could win all our home games but realistically the Scarlets are never going to qualify from that group - many teams would struggle, and as such we'll be in for another difficult draw next season... Crying or Very sad

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue 12 Jun 2012, 3:02 pm

Delighted to have ASM again. Trip to France is on the cards thus year!!,
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Tue 12 Jun 2012, 3:06 pm

Hoog wrote:Delighted to have ASM again. Trip to France is on the cards thus year!!,

What about a trip to Llanelli! Hug

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 12 Jun 2012, 3:07 pm

Can you guys help, I can't find out which HC group Bath are in? Crying or Very sad
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Tue 12 Jun 2012, 3:08 pm

Bahahahahaah!
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 12 Jun 2012, 3:09 pm

HERSH wrote:Can you guys help, I can't find out which HC group Bath are in? Crying or Very sad

Hug
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 12 Jun 2012, 3:10 pm

Pretty chuffed with that pool for Quins. As long as Connacht behave and know then they're beaten Wink

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 12 Jun 2012, 3:11 pm

Oh and good luck Exeter, some brilliant matches lined up there for you.

Unlucky Tigers, another season of not getting out of your pool again I think (although pretty understandable this time).

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 12 Jun 2012, 3:12 pm

Chief Chief Chief
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 12 Jun 2012, 3:14 pm

HERSH wrote: Chief Chief Chief
+1 Very Happy Chief Chief Chief Chief
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Tue 12 Jun 2012, 3:18 pm

Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Sad Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief Chief

Spot the Bath fan amongst all the chiefs.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Tue 12 Jun 2012, 3:18 pm

The Chiefs draw will no doubt boost their finances next year

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next