The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2012/13 Heineken Cup Pool Draw

3 posters

Go down

2012/13 Heineken Cup Pool Draw Empty 2012/13 Heineken Cup Pool Draw

Post by Thomond Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:51 pm

A Look at the 2012/13 Heineken Cup Pool Draw
The draw for next season's Heineken Cup was made this week. The draw was made in the Aviva Stadium, the final venue for the 2012/13 competition.

The draw is as follows:
Pool One: Munster, Edinburgh, Saracens, Racing Metro.
Pool Two: Toulouse, Leicester, Ospreys, Treviso.
Pool Three: Biarritz, Harlequins, Connacht, Zebre.
Pool Four: Northampton Saints, Ulster, Glasgow, Castres.
Pool Five: Leinster, Clermont Auvergne, Scarlets, Exeter Chiefs.
Pool Six: Cardiff Blues, Toulon, Sale Sharks, Montpelier

Pool One could prove to be intriguing. Edinburgh reached the semi finals of the competition last season, beating a much fancied Toulouse side in the process. Munster reached the Quarter finals last year, where they succumbed to eventual finalists Ulster. Munster seemed to do enough to win in a lot of their Heineken games last year, but still managed to win all their pool games. Under the tutelage of Rob Penney, their new coach, we might see a new Munster with less emphasis placed on the forward grunt of old. Saracens reached the semi finals of the English Premiership last year, where they lost to Leicester. They also reached the Quarter finals of the Heineken Cup losing to Clermont Auvergne, who came incredibly close to beating eventual champions Leinster. Racing Metro failed to get out of their Heineken group last year and finished 6th in last year's Top 14 (French League) but lost in their quarter final to French league finalists Toulouse.

Pool previews continue here: http://www.v2journal.com/a-look-at-the-201213-heineken-european-cup-draw.html

Thomond

Back to top Go down

2012/13 Heineken Cup Pool Draw Empty Re: 2012/13 Heineken Cup Pool Draw

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:53 am

Before anyone asks, I know there's lots of pics of Irish teams in the article. But given that I attended 3 matches in the HEC this season, and they all involved at least 1 Irish team, my photo selections were slightly limited Smile
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:41 am

Looks great, I particularly like the choice of photos Wink
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content