The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Aftermath: Making Boxing A Smaller World

5 posters

Go down

The Aftermath: Making Boxing A Smaller World Empty The Aftermath: Making Boxing A Smaller World

Post by davidemore Tue 12 Jun 2012, 2:37 am

Dwyer talking smack on Youtube. Arum talking smack in the post fight interview. Critics dissecting, GBP slamming Top Rank's comments... even my man UKwingchunstudent (Youtube) lost his cool in the post fight analysis. Then we have the networks, the cracked up HBO and Primetime networks. Also, the board, our board, has had some shameful post fight analysis.

All of it makes boxing a smaller, less in demand sport. All of it shames us and the sport. The result was bad, but it was close, let's move on. Let's move on and remember that boxing is a good sport. This talk on Pac vs Bradley has got obscene. Mentioning a fix is laughable, the judging was very poor, but not as poor as people think, and certainly not fixed.

People are cashing in too much on this sh**. I mean the Youtube predictors are going crazy with the amount of post fight uploads, what for? hits. Their hits are Arum's dollars are Boxing606v2 comments, it's all to self promote, profit in one way or another. The only post fight poster who has kept it real is Gamebino, he aint spitting nonsense, not yet anyway. He taking his time to digest all the bull that is being spouted, and come at this thing with perspective.

If we see Khan vs Peterson, Berto vs Ortiz and Bradley vs Pac in the next 12 months then it will only highlight the problems with the sport.

Let the new breed in. Rigo, Donaire, Broner and Price. Talk about Carl Froch, not these drama queens. And stay real boxing606v2, stay real.

We have Chavez Jr vs Lee this weekend, that doesn't fill me with joy. Another robbery or bad decision or HBO bull fest pending. At least Steward will not be involved, he's classy. I like him. He can avoid the toffee spouted by HBO as he will be in the corner of the guy getting screwed over.

Shocked

Yours,

D

davidemore

Back to top Go down

The Aftermath: Making Boxing A Smaller World Empty Re: The Aftermath: Making Boxing A Smaller World

Post by UpandUnder Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:09 pm

2012 has been a horrific year for boxing so far with the scandals like:

-Rios/Abril bogus decision
-Pac/Mayweather falling through again in May,
-Peterson/Khan decision, ref and press about the man in the hat and fixing....then -the PED test,
-Haye/Chisora brawling and then signing to fight under a different commission,
-Berto failing his drugs test.

I think this outrage has been brewing up over the months and this is just the spark that set it off...
I scored the fight 8-4 for Pac and had gone to the toilet as scores were being one as was so certain it was a Pac win, I was shocked and disappointed in the judges but then all my casual boxing fan friends lit my phone up with outrage and calls of fixing.
I agree there are positives we should be also focused on but doesn't mean the bad decisions and incompetence should be ignored and allowed to continue for fear of marginalising the sport further because as Saturday night showed if these things happen on the world stage it puts off casual fans and shrinks the sport further.

UpandUnder

Back to top Go down

The Aftermath: Making Boxing A Smaller World Empty Re: The Aftermath: Making Boxing A Smaller World

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:35 pm

UpandUnder wrote:2012 has been a horrific year for boxing so far with the scandals like:

-Rios/Abril bogus decision
-Pac/Mayweather falling through again in May,
-Peterson/Khan decision, ref and press about the man in the hat and fixing....then -the PED test,
-Haye/Chisora brawling and then signing to fight under a different commission,
-Berto failing his drugs test.

I think this outrage has been brewing up over the months and this is just the spark that set it off...
I scored the fight 8-4 for Pac and had gone to the toilet as scores were being one as was so certain it was a Pac win, I was shocked and disappointed in the judges but then all my casual boxing fan friends lit my phone up with outrage and calls of fixing.
I agree there are positives we should be also focused on but doesn't mean the bad decisions and incompetence should be ignored and allowed to continue for fear of marginalising the sport further because as Saturday night showed if these things happen on the world stage it puts off casual fans and shrinks the sport further.

Helenius vs Chisora springs to mind if you want to add that to the list!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 12 Jun 2012, 1:38 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:Helenius vs Chisora springs to mind if you want to add that to the list!

That was 2011.

And it wasn't a robbery!!!!!
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Tue 12 Jun 2012, 6:44 pm

every sport has its dramas, my home teams star player missed the play off final because he got jailed for Cuddle in a bad way. football still does okay.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by UpandUnder Tue 12 Jun 2012, 9:41 pm

Yeah only problem is papers don't seem to take notice of the good nights of boxing and go nuts over scandals.... All boxing ever needs is a good run of fights with some interesting fighters and all is forgotten anyway.

UpandUnder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down