The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxing's worst episode - The Douglas-Tyson aftermath???

3 posters

Go down

Boxing's worst episode - The Douglas-Tyson aftermath??? Empty Boxing's worst episode - The Douglas-Tyson aftermath???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 12 Jan 2013, 11:23 am

Or are there worse scandalous antics!!!

The Douglas-Tyson episode was disgusting...The referee may have counted slow but he was the man in charge.....He decided that Douglas got up at 9 end of......No protest at the time!!!!

But after the knockout the scurrilous Don king saw his meal ticket go out of the window... and I can still see now the playing of the count at the post fight press conference and King and his paid-for-brown-nosers counting "see 13 seconds"!! Disgusting...

What is more the WBC who were in King's pocket supported him until the world's press said "we aren't having it".....

HBO and the IBF need to take credit too for supporting Douglas early...

However this was 1990......should Imagine Tyson would have kept at least two of his belts had the fight happened now.....Nobody seems to care about scandals these days!!

The Douglas-Tyson episode for me is Boxing's worst episode..left a very sour taste!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Boxing's worst episode - The Douglas-Tyson aftermath??? Empty Re: Boxing's worst episode - The Douglas-Tyson aftermath???

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 12 Jan 2013, 11:31 am

I think the way Don king ran over to Benn to suck his ... as Mclellan lay half dead on the floor was probably worse - his subsequent ignoring of all pleas for financial aid from the Mclellan family just made it worse.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Boxing's worst episode - The Douglas-Tyson aftermath??? Empty Re: Boxing's worst episode - The Douglas-Tyson aftermath???

Post by davidemore Sat 12 Jan 2013, 1:56 pm

I care but there are so many it drains me.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 12 Jan 2013, 4:19 pm

Why don't you stop messing around....add something or don't bother..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sat 12 Jan 2013, 4:54 pm

Fair enough. The topic was really just a moment in time. If Mike had not got caned off his face leading up to the fight, he would have beasted Douglas inside 4.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down