The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyson-Douglas aftermath - The most disgusting thing to happen in Boxing???

3 posters

Go down

Tyson-Douglas aftermath - The most disgusting thing to happen in Boxing??? Empty Tyson-Douglas aftermath - The most disgusting thing to happen in Boxing???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 1 Jun - 9:31

If Don King had succeeded in ripping off Douglas..Boxing could've changed forever!!!

I mean all Sporting law dictates that the Man in the middle makes the decisions!! he say's it's nine it's nine etc!!!.... and who's to say Buster couldn't of got up anyway!!..

No justification for what followed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shocking also to see the extent Jose Suliaman was aligned with Don King....Credit to the IBF who didn't get involved!!!

Certainly had King succeeded it would've set a dangerous precedent!! Opened the door for big money to snatch back a lost title from a deserving winner just by using any convenient excuse that came to hand on the night!!

King's rally had huge implications and thankfully the Boxing World said... NO!!!!.........

Any innocence Boxing still had was surely lost that day in Tokyo and for me TYSON-DOUGLAS is the most disgusting thing to happen in Boxing!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Tyson-Douglas aftermath - The most disgusting thing to happen in Boxing??? Empty Re: Tyson-Douglas aftermath - The most disgusting thing to happen in Boxing???

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 1 Jun - 9:43

Its a confusing post TRUSS. You have posed a question/statement at the beginning and then answered it yourself at the end.

When all the dust had settled, who was the undisputed HW Champion? Tyson? No, it was Buster. It was a pretty nefarious attempt by King to protect his cash cow but it was ultimately unsuccessful and although it left a bitter taste in the mouth, it says more about King and Sullaiman than anything else. There are a multitude of events that are worse than that night.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Tyson-Douglas aftermath - The most disgusting thing to happen in Boxing??? Empty Re: Tyson-Douglas aftermath - The most disgusting thing to happen in Boxing???

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 1 Jun - 10:43

You're right Mate..could've been better!! I'm sitting in on a recruitment day and basically typed this out under the guise of making notes on prospective candidates.....

Boring boring crap..listening to words like..Passionnate...resourceful...from muppets you know are so far up their own backside you'd need a chainsaw to extract them..

Nefarious is a good word..wish I'd used it!!! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 1 Jun - 10:49

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Nefarious is a good word..wish I'd used it!!! Cool

You can have that one on me, old buddy.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 1 Jun - 12:13

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Any innocence Boxing still had was surely lost that day in Tokyo and for me TYSON-DOUGLAS is the most disgusting thing to happen in Boxing!!!!
dude, when did boxing ever have a degree of innocence?When researching my article on Cus D'Amato it was obvious that it was crooked then(1950s) as it is now..

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 1 Jun - 12:15

Any innocence Boxing had left...............was what I said!!

I don't need a lesson in history from you Pal..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 1 Jun - 12:20

Oh it's rhetorical language? You should be calling me Pal seeing as I have contributed quite a lot to your articles over the years...and the thanks I get...being called a pseudonym for other posters ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 1 Jun - 12:22

drumroll I retract.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 1 Jun - 12:37

IMO Tyson was a wuss for not arguing with Don in the aftermath of Douglas.He just meekly sat there ,knowing it was all crud and yet would have accepted the belts back no problem at all.
The bad-boy image was really pathetic in light of his true personality;a granny mugger at ten years old,a molester at twelve years of age...someone who needed a father figure and was weak of fortitude....so lacking in the qualities described by Cus as necessary for a great champion.He gave up in fights as an amateur,and gave up several times later on.
Back on subject ,yes it showed up the WBC to be the oily toads they are!

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 1 Jun - 12:40

andygf wrote:IMO Tyson was a wuss for not arguing with Don in the aftermath of Douglas.He just meekly sat there ,knowing it was all crud and yet would have accepted the belts back no problem at all.
The bad-boy image was really pathetic in light of his true personality;a granny mugger at ten years old,a molester at twelve years of age...someone who needed a father figure and was weak of fortitude....so lacking in the qualities described by Cus as necessary for a great champion.He gave up in fights as an amateur,and gave up several times later on.
Back on subject ,yes it showed up the WBC to be the oily toads they are!

Wasn't just grannies Mike was mugging. Much bigger and older guys also. A theif nevertheless. But a product of his environment. Actually felt sorry for him in the end.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 1 Jun - 12:58

andygf wrote:

When researching my article on Cus D'Amato

And what a brilliant article that was. Grossly under appreciated that one, andy.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 1 Jun - 13:22

Thanks Tino, Very Happy I was pleased with it but you can't win em all!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down