The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The England Band have been banned from the Euros

+7
Josiah Maiestas
Jennifer1984
Duty281
hornbloweroafc
Crimey
GSC
HERSH
11 posters

Go down

The England Band have been banned from the Euros Empty The England Band have been banned from the Euros

Post by HERSH Tue 12 Jun 2012, 11:13 am

That’s right they have banned a band, nazi salutes, fire crackers, flares and general violence are allowed but not the England band!

Uefa hang your heads in shame.
furious
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

The England Band have been banned from the Euros Empty Re: The England Band have been banned from the Euros

Post by GSC Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:02 pm

UEFA never had a problem before, maybe its Ukraine authorities being OTT with security.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

The England Band have been banned from the Euros Empty Re: The England Band have been banned from the Euros

Post by HERSH Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:18 pm

I guess a trumpet and a drum do pose a huge security risk.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:26 pm

Welcome to the health and safety era
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:33 pm

I believe what happened is that they were told they were allowed to play in the games, but then their instruments were removed anyway in the first game.

I imagine it was just a mistake and they'll be back for the rest of the games.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Tue 12 Jun 2012, 12:50 pm

I heard UEFA agreed with them beforehand they could take instruments into the stadiums but when they got there the Ukrainian authorities confiscated the instruments.

As someone said its abit over the top from Ukraine authorities but I f@@kin hate the band! the noise it makes is horrible! I would rather hear the fans sing and banter than have that band playing the great escape every 5 mins!
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 12 Jun 2012, 5:25 pm

Heard on SSN this morning that the band weren't allowed in but after help from the FA and UEFA were allowed in but without their instruments. The band said they think they'll be able to get into Kiev on Friday with instruments. Personally, I think the fans provided a lot of noise without them.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer1984 Wed 13 Jun 2012, 12:18 am

Thank goodness for that. At last, somebody had the good sense to rid England football of the dreadful blight of that truly atrocious band.

There is only so many times you can hear The Great Escape played (badly) before you feel an almost irresistible desire to send a certain somebody home with a trumpet up his arse.

No, the band are NOT cheerleaders. They are not good musicians. They are crap. They are dreadful and they drive most of us nuts. Well done Ukraine for banning them. I sincerely hope their instruments have been confiscated, crushed down to the size of a Rubiks Cube which was then sealed in concrete and buried in an unmarked location somewhere in the Antarctic.

Which is precisely what should happen to the band members if they ever buy new ones.

Jennifer1984

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 13 Jun 2012, 10:16 am

The same sounding drum bashing "music" for years with that band. They should have been stopped long ago with that atmosphere killing sound.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Wed 13 Jun 2012, 10:16 am

I love them, I have all their best hits on my Ipod.

I like the lone trumpet that starts of the "C'mon England C'mon England C'mon England"
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 13 Jun 2012, 4:29 pm

i dont really like the band- but i still think its right that we have it- its tradition and people like it!

hopefully they will be at the next game

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Wed 13 Jun 2012, 10:08 pm

hornbloweroafc wrote:I heard UEFA agreed with them beforehand they could take instruments into the stadiums but when they got there the Ukrainian authorities confiscated the instruments.

As someone said its abit over the top from Ukraine authorities but I f@@kin hate the band! the noise it makes is horrible! I would rather hear the fans sing and banter than have that band playing the great escape every 5 mins!

I'd like to second that.

They kill any atmosphere, drown out any kind of chanting. 15 years of that garbage, long may it continue.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Wed 13 Jun 2012, 10:11 pm

mystiroakey wrote:i dont really like the band- but i still think its right that we have it- its tradition and people like it!

hopefully they will be at the next game

Who likes it???

I don't know a single person.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 13 Jun 2012, 10:15 pm

Atmosphere was good on Monday without the band, can they take a hint?

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by dancingweeman Thu 14 Jun 2012, 11:32 am

The ban has been lifted.

Not sure if thats a good thing or not reading through this thread.

dancingweeman

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 14 Jun 2012, 12:46 pm

I like the band, think it adds to the atmosphere.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer1984 Thu 14 Jun 2012, 3:52 pm

dancingweeman wrote:The ban has been lifted.

Not sure if thats a good thing or not reading through this thread.

If you're not sure, I am. It's a not a good thing.

Jennifer1984

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 14 Jun 2012, 3:59 pm

Why would anyone have such a dislike for something that doesnt affect them.

Its an eccentric thing some of our most passionate supporters do. leave them be and stop being so negative and killjoy about it. Most of the people complaining arnt what i would call real fans anyway!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Thu 14 Jun 2012, 3:59 pm

+1
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 14 Jun 2012, 4:06 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Why would anyone have such a dislike for something that doesnt affect them.

Its an eccentric thing some of our most passionate supporters do. leave them be and stop being so negative and killjoy about it. Most of the people complaining arnt what i would call real fans anyway!

Doesn't really bother me but you can't say most people who don't like it are not real fans. I suspect some like to watch a game without listening to the 73rd rendition of the great escape.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 14 Jun 2012, 4:10 pm

Trust me Stella the majority of people that follow the team are fine with it- the people that complain are armchair fans that just wanna whinge(yawwwnn!!). how the heck does the band affect them!!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 14 Jun 2012, 4:18 pm

Ok, fair enough. There was a drummer at my local team who use to drum all the way though a game. You do become immune to it after a while I suppose.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Jennifer1984 Thu 14 Jun 2012, 4:33 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Trust me Stella the majority of people that follow the team are fine with it- the people that complain are armchair fans that just wanna whinge(yawwwnn!!). how the heck does the band affect them!!!

So, what armchair in Surrey will you be watching England's games from, then, oh superior one..? Then again, I'm presuming, that you're not actually in Ukraine following the team at this time. I could be wrong, but I figure anybody from this site who is actually out there is either doing other things than sitting on a computer, or if they were on a computer, would have told everybody that they were in Ukraine following the lads.

So as it's a pretty fair bet you're getting ready to watch the game in front of the telly like the rest of us tomorrow. If that's the case, it's a bit rich to be putting yourself over as a better supporter than anybody else.

Tell me if I'm wrong... seeing as you know it all... but to the best of my knowledge, the "band" (for want of a better word) aren't official in any way, are they..? Like, the FA hasn't approved them or anything like that..? They're just a bunch of attention seeking individuals who took it upon themselves to impose their dodgy musical (lack of) talent on everybody else.....over.... and over... and over........

Come on..... They know four, possibly five, tunes at best and even then, it's only the first verse. Having that in your earholes for 90 minutes solid is too much, unless you have masochistic tendencies, that is.

Now, compare them to the Dutch band, or the French bands who follow the French national rugby team. Now, THEY'RE bands. They have a good variety of tunes, some not even football (or rugby) related but lively and full of tempo and rhythm. They are the sort of bands who add to the atmosphere and are genuinely appreciated by fans of both teams alike.

I personally don't object to bands at football matches, per se.... just the England band. They're a tone deaf, monotonous embarrassment and the only reason I can suspect why the Ukranian authorities have rescinded their ban is so that they can start numbing Englands' support into a monotony induced coma by the time we play against their national team.

Frankly, they're a joke.

OH, and as a PS.... Armchair fans whose televisions have something called "sound" will be just as affected by the band as those people in the stadium who can hear it first hand.

Jennifer1984

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 14 Jun 2012, 4:36 pm

The're similar to Cricket's barmy army.

Again, they don't bother me too much if I'm on the other side of the ground but they would do my nut in, if I was sat next to them.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 14 Jun 2012, 4:41 pm

I couldnt disagree more Jen The England Band have been banned from the Euros 732107

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 14 Jun 2012, 5:58 pm

Well the band have been told their OK for tomorrow and the rest of the games.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 14 Jun 2012, 5:59 pm

I think people are making too big of a deal over them.

They don't really make a difference or not, to be honest I didn't even realise they were missing, I was focusing more on the football.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 14 Jun 2012, 6:12 pm

complegtely agree crimey- let em be i say- they have never made a game more or less enjoyable to me

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down