The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IS THERE ANYONE BETTER AT SELLING A MOVE THAN RVD?

+3
Kay Fabe
theanimal316
DOYLE192
7 posters

Go down

IS  THERE ANYONE BETTER AT SELLING A MOVE THAN RVD? Empty IS THERE ANYONE BETTER AT SELLING A MOVE THAN RVD?

Post by DOYLE192 Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:08 pm

Simple question really, is there anyone who makes moves look more brutal than THE WHOLE F'IN SHOW.... ROB VAN DAM.

In particular ddts and piledrivers. I remember seeing him take a few piledrivers from tommy dreamer back in ecw and the guy shot about a foot in the air.. and when it comes to ddts the guy always seems to take the impact square on the top of his head.

Oh and not to mention the the rko he took when he was supposedly suffering from a consussion (dont know wether ive spelt that right haha), he made it look brutal.... to the point where i seen it on a blooper video?! He meant to land like that to add effect

PLUS IF ANYONE DOESNT REMEMBER THE PILEDRIVER IM TALKING ABOUT CHECK THIS OUT :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdyeRBkmUGA

EXAMPLE OF HOWW TO SELL A DDT THE RVD WAY:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTGkiub5-8Q

AND FINALLY THE RKO :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5SRFPfD3P8&feature=related

so over to you, is there anyone better then RVD at selling moves?

DOYLE192

Back to top Go down

IS  THERE ANYONE BETTER AT SELLING A MOVE THAN RVD? Empty Re: IS THERE ANYONE BETTER AT SELLING A MOVE THAN RVD?

Post by theanimal316 Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:15 pm

Agreed, RVD is great at this. Even the way he sells his own moves, like that the 5 star frog splash hurts him (it may well do i'm not sure though)

Not saying he is better, but I think Bret Hart is awesome at selling moves. Not only individual moves, but maintaining the impression that the move has hurt him throughout the match. Example, RR 94 when his leg was hurt. He didn't suddenly start sunning on it like Orton at Mania this year.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

IS  THERE ANYONE BETTER AT SELLING A MOVE THAN RVD? Empty Re: IS THERE ANYONE BETTER AT SELLING A MOVE THAN RVD?

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:10 pm

Shawn Micheals for me was the best seller I've ever seen with exception of SummerSlam 05 Bret Hart was great too

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymru1991 Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:56 pm

John Cena Wink ............ I'll get my coat....

Cymru1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:04 pm

Dont bother, just grab your scarft and hang yoursele with it Wink

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:47 am

RVD is awesome at taking brutal looking DDT's etc. every time he gets planted with one I think he's broken his neck.

Agree with animal & gaffer, Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels were 2 of the best sellers of all time (best I've ever seen). There are a few of today's guys who could learn a thing or two from them.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:48 am

the-gaffer wrote:Shawn Micheals for me was the best seller I've ever seen with exception of SummerSlam 05 Bret Hart was great too

Vs Hogan?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:49 pm

Shawn Michaels is definately the best seller, no doubt about it.

Honorable mention to Edge though. Whilst im not his biggest fan, he does sell well.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by whatwindturbine Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:42 pm

I think my favourite sell was by Scott Hall to the stunner at WM 18. Can't find a link as I am at work, but he leapt about 6 feet in the air! Rock was always awesome at selling too.

Summerslam 05 is awesome, I can't watch it without Yahoo at Hogan's face!

whatwindturbine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down