The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS

+7
Jenifer McLadyboy
HammerofThunor
Toadfish
21st Century Schizoid Man
Dorothy_Mantooth
maestegmafia
justified sinner
11 posters

Go down

I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS Empty I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS

Post by justified sinner Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:44 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/

And let's just try and question his neutrality by pointing out his controversial decision on the Lions tour. That article could have been written by PRL.

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS Empty Re: I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS

Post by maestegmafia Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:50 pm

The article headline that really got me was the one stating "Pro12 clubs welcome in new Euro Cup".

With the opening line, "Saracens chief Edward Griffiths says Pro12 sides would be welcome in a new European Cup competition organised by the English and French clubs."

Nothing to do with Rabbo Clubs welcoming the PRLs suposed plans for a competition.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/24151800

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS Empty Re: I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Fri 20 Sep 2013, 11:01 pm

Standard of BBC journalism in general is really at an all time low.  All sensationalist and agenda driven.  That's fine for a commercial enterprise, but for a state funded organisation, its a joke.

BBC used to be the standard that most reporting was held.  Now they can't hardly get a report correct.  Tonight apparently Rob Kearney was a unused Sub for Leinster.  Suppose that explains the shock expressed by the three Glasgow defenders he rose above to take a great high ball.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sat 21 Sep 2013, 1:05 am

BBC are just a bunch of lickspittle, establishment lackeys. Total baw bags to a a man and woman

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sat 21 Sep 2013, 10:12 am

Dorothy_Mantooth wrote:Standard of BBC journalism in general is really at an all time low.  All sensationalist and agenda driven.  That's fine for a commercial enterprise, but for a state funded organisation, its a joke.

BBC used to be the standard that most reporting was held.  Now they can't hardly get a report correct.  Tonight apparently Rob Kearney was a unused Sub for Leinster.  Suppose that explains the shock expressed by the three Glasgow defenders he rose above to take a great high ball.
Dot,

the BBC (England South East) cannot even countenance using BBC ALBA coverage. As you know this is part of a wider, dare I say it, political problem. furious 

Back to top Go down

Post by Toadfish Sat 21 Sep 2013, 10:39 am

justified sinner wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/

And let's just try and question his neutrality by pointing out his controversial decision on the Lions tour. That article could have been written by PRL.
Sorry but you are going to have to explain where the bias is in this article as I've read it and can't see it.

Toadfish

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sat 21 Sep 2013, 11:13 am

True. He's not neutral. He did let off an Irishman with biting. And an Australian for stamping, and that's the same as hating the English. Perhaps the IRB are against the English in this as they recommended him.

Complaining about the BBC being sloppy is one thing (match report details are often wrong) but I really don't understand the complaints in this one. I'll have another read.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sat 21 Sep 2013, 11:15 am

Nope still can't see. ERC hires mediator and the complaint is he's biased against them?

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sat 21 Sep 2013, 11:27 am

I haven't read it. But 2 of the most blinkered prl cheerleaders on this site say it's not biased so...... almost by default..... Smile

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sat 21 Sep 2013, 11:29 am

It's not biased because it doesn't say anything. And being called that by you is an honour. Many thanks.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sat 21 Sep 2013, 11:34 am

HammerofThunor wrote:It's not biased because it doesn't say anything. And being called that by you is an honour. Many thanks.
because I'm to reasonable and wishy washy?

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sat 21 Sep 2013, 12:14 pm

Sorry, always pictured you in a cheerleader outfit so thought you knew what you are talking about (you do have a beard too, right?)

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sat 21 Sep 2013, 1:02 pm

Smile Iknow what every word in that post means individually........

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sat 21 Sep 2013, 1:12 pm

You said I'm a cheerleader (I assume you meant me but I am English so self-centred). I think of you in a cheerleader outfit with a beard (a very humorous comment based on the fact you have a girls name but are bloke, trust me, it was very funny). That's about it.

Oh and that's the reason it's an honour. Not because it think you are reasonable or washy-washy.

Well it seemed like a good idea at the time. Looking back I'm not 100%.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat 21 Sep 2013, 1:16 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:BBC are just a bunch of lickspittle, establishment lackeys.  Total baw bags to a a man and woman
Settle Schiz, I've had the pleasure of both working for them and meeting a lot of the people involved with sports down at 'Media City'. Yes I'll admit that their rugby knowledge could do with some homework (write out 100 times, Scott Lawson is a hooker not a lock!) but they're a great bunch down Salford way.

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Exiledinborders Sun 22 Sep 2013, 11:17 am

maestegmafia wrote:The article headline that really got me was the one stating "Pro12 clubs welcome in new Euro Cup".

With the opening line, "Saracens chief Edward Griffiths says Pro12 sides would be welcome in a new European Cup competition organised by the English and French clubs."

Nothing to do with Rabbo Clubs welcoming the PRLs suposed plans for a competition.

Have I missed something? The headline accurately reflects what the article says. If the headline had said "Pro12 clubs welcome new Euro Cup" it would have been misleading but it did not.

Exiledinborders

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sun 22 Sep 2013, 11:51 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:I haven't read it. But 2 of the most blinkered prl cheerleaders on this site say it's not biased so...... almost by default..... Smile
so you accuse them of being cheerleaders without actually reading the article?

yeah good going that.....

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sun 22 Sep 2013, 11:53 am

No, you misunderstand. I'm a cheerleader beforehand therefore he doesn't need to read the article.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 22 Sep 2013, 11:56 am

Exiledinborders wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:The article headline that really got me was the one stating "Pro12 clubs welcome in new Euro Cup".

Have I missed something? The headline accurately reflects what the article says. If the headline had said "Pro12 clubs welcome new Euro Cup" it would have been misleading but it did not.
The Headline should read

"The Pro 12 Clubs are welcome to join in PRLs concept Competition."

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 22 Sep 2013, 12:00 pm

justified sinner wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/

I do not understand how 59 people killed in Kenya has anything to do with PRL?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sun 22 Sep 2013, 12:01 pm

So it's biased because it's not grammatically correct? Read many headlines?

Also you're the one putting quotation marks in headlines that aren't quotes so I'm surprised you're that bothered.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Sun 22 Sep 2013, 12:08 pm

nathan wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:I haven't read it. But 2 of the most blinkered prl cheerleaders on this site say it's not biased so...... almost by default..... Smile
so you accuse them of being cheerleaders without actually reading the article?

yeah good going that.....
Hardly worth bothering explain a light hearted comment at this point. I was calling toadfish and hammer cheerleaders on the basis of their contributions to this forum rather than anything that may be contained in the article.

Why can't we all just get along eh?

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sun 22 Sep 2013, 12:29 pm

Perhaps we should get together and have one of those dance off things (wasn't there a cheerleader film or something like that). Then we can do our shows and let the public decide. I'm just glad PRL is easy to do. 'The four unions that make up the RaboDirect Pro12' is a bit of a mouthful.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Sep 2013, 7:34 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:Perhaps we should get together and have one of those dance off things (wasn't there a cheerleader film or something like that). Then we can do our shows and let the public decide. I'm just glad PRL is easy to do. 'The four unions that make up the RaboDirect Pro12' is a bit of a mouthful.
Hmm..what about just 'Rabo Pro 12'?

Anywho..we would Riverdance PRL/LNR right out of any dance off.......

I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS 3933776953 I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS 3933776953 I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS 3933776953 I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS 3933776953 I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS 3933776953 I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS 3933776953 I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS 3933776953 I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS 3933776953 I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS 3933776953 I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS 3933776953 I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS 3933776953 I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS 3933776953 I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS 3933776953 I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS 3933776953 I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS 3933776953 I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS 3933776953 I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS 3933776953 I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS 3933776953 I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS 3933776953 I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS 3933776953 I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS 3933776953 I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS 3933776953 I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS 3933776953 I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS 3933776953 I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS 3933776953 I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS 3933776953 I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS 3933776953 I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS 3933776953 I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS 3933776953 I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS 3933776953 I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS 3933776953 I know the BBC is selling the PRL line, but FFS 3933776953 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down