The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EPCR Champions Cup tickets selling well by the looks of things

+4
Sin é
PenfroPete
Neutralee
quinsforever
8 posters

Go down

EPCR Champions Cup tickets selling well by the looks of things Empty EPCR Champions Cup tickets selling well by the looks of things

Post by quinsforever Fri 22 Aug 2014, 10:36 pm

I've been away and missed all the best seats as a result even though they went on general sale aug 18th.

Eminently sensible move by the new EPCR bods to hold both finals in London with the RWC2015 following a few months later.

I hope Rome does get its chance, but i think it was inevitable the new organisers wanted to maximise the success of their first EPCR (gods that is a mouthful) so hence HQ and the Stoop.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

EPCR Champions Cup tickets selling well by the looks of things Empty Re: EPCR Champions Cup tickets selling well by the looks of things

Post by Neutralee Sat 23 Aug 2014, 8:31 am

I am so speechless I'm not sure what to say, I think the general public have responded for me on the EPCR FB and twitter pages though!

Neutralee

Back to top Go down

EPCR Champions Cup tickets selling well by the looks of things Empty Re: EPCR Champions Cup tickets selling well by the looks of things

Post by quinsforever Sat 23 Aug 2014, 9:54 am

i am not on FB or Twitter. Probably safer to judge the state of ticket sales by what people are doing not by what they are saying, no? See how they vote with their feet rather than how they whine online about a development that has already upset gazillions of people.

booked my seats.

looking forwards to seeing Joe Marler raise the trophy in May Wink

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Sat 23 Aug 2014, 10:08 am

So much for opening up new venues, what a load of bollix  
I've been to the last 7 finals, can't be ar$ed for this
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutralee Sat 23 Aug 2014, 10:24 am

Twickenham will of course sell out, any stadiumthat held the HC final will sell out, what does that show?

I could go online and pick tickets up now can't I? Not sure tickets are selling at the speed you are claiming.

If you did go on FB you'd see a lot of vitriol heading towards the HC page that has been repurposed to the EPCR page, 180k likes down to 168k within 4 weeks, that 12k people who have actively gone to take away their likes, its a statement.

Funnily the first few posts the page admin tried to respond to a few comments, they have stopped trying now.

Like I said the final will always sell out, fair weather fans who enjoy the prestige of a final, or just a day out, but most rugby fans agree Italy deserved and should have hosted, they were extremely excited, and a lot of fans were too about travelling to Rome.

Neutralee

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutralee Sat 23 Aug 2014, 10:26 am

And before I am accused of anti English comments I thought exactly the same thing when the RWC was announced as NZ instead of Japan!

Neutralee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sat 23 Aug 2014, 11:51 am

Neutralee wrote:Twickenham will of course sell out, any stadiumthat held the HC final will sell out, what does that show?

Toulon v Saracens didn't sell out the Millenium stadium last year (67.5K - capacity 72.5K).
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutralee Sat 23 Aug 2014, 1:31 pm

Sin é wrote:
Neutralee wrote:Twickenham will of course sell out, any stadiumthat held the HC final will sell out, what does that show?

Toulon v Saracens didn't sell out the Millenium stadium last year (67.5K - capacity 72.5K).

I thoght the ms was bigger than that, 78k. Isn't there different security measures for club games? I thought clubs had to fullfil more criteria and thus couldn't hold same capacities, maybe I'm wrong. If that is the case though sin maybe Cardiff should be banned, and all finals be played in the 35k stadium Aviva lol.

Neutralee

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 23 Aug 2014, 1:55 pm

Not a surprise. With the political wranglings the RFU needed to be brought onside somehow. The HEC final didn't sell out last season and it needs to this year in order to give a positive view of the new organisation and tournament.

The unhappy fans from the Rabo now Guinness league were always going to have a go at whatever the new European organisation decided to do. Rome deserve their chance and I hope next year they get to host the new look tournament.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 23 Aug 2014, 4:04 pm

It's time the final was allocated on a rotational basis to all six participating countries. Going back to Twickenham just three years after last time illustrates how ludicrous the current system is.

Send it around all six nations on rotation.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sat 23 Aug 2014, 4:07 pm

Neutralee wrote:
Sin é wrote:

I thoght the ms was bigger than that, 78k. Isn't there different security measures for club games? I thought clubs had to fullfil more criteria and thus couldn't hold same capacities, maybe I'm wrong. If that is the case though sin maybe Cardiff should be banned, and all finals be played in the 35k stadium Aviva lol.

Millenium Stadium finals:
Leinster v Northampton 72.4K in 2011.
Munster v Toulouse 74.4K in 2008.
Munster v Biarritz 74.53K in 2006.

According to wiki, capacity of the Millenium is 72.5

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sat 23 Aug 2014, 4:10 pm

Notch wrote:It's time the final was allocated on a rotational basis to all six participating countries. Going back to Twickenham just three years after last time illustrates how ludicrous the current system is.

In fairness, the RFU probably deserve a few as they missed quite a lot when it was being redeveloped.

I'd imagine BT will be anxious and dictating that it is played in some of their named stadia.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sat 23 Aug 2014, 4:15 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:Not a surprise. With the political wranglings the RFU needed to be brought onside somehow. The HEC final didn't sell out last season and it needs to this year in order to give a positive view of the new organisation and tournament.

The unhappy fans from the Rabo now Guinness league were always going to have a go at whatever the new European organisation decided to do. Rome deserve their chance and I hope next year they get to host the new look tournament.

The RFU needed to be brought onside somehow? I don't get that reasoning.

I think the competition needs to make some money because the organisers are going to be out of pocket with the lack of sponsorship and failure to sell French media rights so far.

The organisation so far is just awful with the PRO12 team fans being treated like garbage to accommodate the appalling tv schedule for them.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutralee Sat 23 Aug 2014, 4:31 pm

Notch wrote:It's time the final was allocated on a rotational basis to all six participating countries. Going back to Twickenham just three years after last time illustrates how ludicrous the current system is.

Don't you mean there hould be a rotational system between all 3 league? England, France, Rabo, England, France, Rabo...

Neutralee

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 23 Aug 2014, 4:33 pm

No, I don't.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutralee Sat 23 Aug 2014, 4:48 pm

Notch wrote:No, I don't.
Well surely you had better start thinking that way, the balance of power has ust been shifted based on that argument.

Neutralee

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sat 23 Aug 2014, 4:55 pm

Neutralee wrote:

Don't you mean there hould be a rotational system between all 3 league? England, France, Rabo, England, France, Rabo...
That sounds fair. Millennium Stadium last season, HQ this one and then a French one next time. Scotland, Ireland or Italy for the one after that. Then back to HQ (or maybe Wembley or Old Trafford?).

Each league should take in turns.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutralee Sat 23 Aug 2014, 5:01 pm

Cyril wrote:
Neutralee wrote:

That sounds fair. Millennium Stadium last season, HQ this one and then a French one next time. Scotland, Ireland or Italy for the one after that. Then back to HQ (or maybe Wembley or Old Trafford?).

Each league should take in turns.

There you go, Cyril agree' with me...

Neutralee

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sat 23 Aug 2014, 5:02 pm

Even a stopped clock gives the right time twice a day.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutralee Sat 23 Aug 2014, 5:08 pm

Cyril wrote:Even a stopped clock gives the right time twice a day.

Don't put yourself down mate, you don't comment on the rugby that much but when you do it probably at least 3 valid point a day  Laugh 

Do you even have a comment to make on the thread?

Neutralee

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sat 23 Aug 2014, 5:09 pm

I made my comment above. Then you commented on me.

Smile

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutralee Sat 23 Aug 2014, 5:12 pm

Cyril wrote:I made my comment above. Then you commented on me.

Smile

So no. As per your not interested in debating rugby whatsoever...

Neutralee

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sat 23 Aug 2014, 5:14 pm

What are you talking about?

My comment was about the 3 leagues taking turns. I think it's the right way forward and the fairest solution.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutralee Sat 23 Aug 2014, 5:16 pm

Cyril wrote:What are you talking about?

My comment was about the 3 leagues taking turns. I think it's the right way forward and the fairest solution.

Doesn't that contradict the PRL's views on sharing the final with new european cities?

Neutralee

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sat 23 Aug 2014, 5:21 pm

Neutralee wrote:

Doesn't that contradict the PRL's views on sharing the final with new european cities?
It is being shared. Italy will get their chance again. It makes sense to play safe for the first year and have it at the home of rugby.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sat 23 Aug 2014, 5:29 pm

of course it does make sense. all the haters would have loved to see it fail in Rome under the auspices of the new organisation.

just as much as they hate the fact that its always going to be a commercial home run holding both finals in London in a World Cup year.

this whole topic was so emotional that there will be no winning round the doubters until their teams win the competition.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutralee Sat 23 Aug 2014, 5:29 pm

Cyril wrote:
Neutralee wrote:

It is being shared. Italy will get their chance again. It makes sense to play safe for the first year and have it at the home of rugby.

Again? When did they get their firt shot?

Neutralee

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sat 23 Aug 2014, 5:32 pm

Neutralee wrote:
Cyril wrote:
Neutralee wrote:

Again, as in the chance will come round again. Italy do tend to get a raw deal. Paying to play in the Pro12, for example. Having said that, they don't add a great deal and their sides are on the slide.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sat 23 Aug 2014, 5:35 pm

Neutralee wrote:
Cyril wrote:
Neutralee wrote:

you have a short memory. ERC only announced that Rome was going to get it after the split between PRL/LNR and ERC last year. In other words they did it to keep the Italians onside and make the English look like they were taking the toys away from the little kids.

if it was such a no-brainer, how come ERC hadnt suggested it before PRL walked?

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutralee Sat 23 Aug 2014, 5:46 pm

It's great, when you use facts of what was said pre new comp was all lies certain folks scramble for reasons...

At some point most fans put their hands up and says their Union / controlling body isn't perfect, infact the Welsh do it by the minute.

As a neutral I can compliment the PRL / RFU when they do something right, like allow the women the best posible build up to a WRWC, but I can also call BS when theyre argument prove it. Not sure why a certain few can't acknowledge certain facts.

Neutralee

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sat 23 Aug 2014, 5:48 pm

Neutralee wrote: As neutral
Hmmm. Sure.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutralee Sat 23 Aug 2014, 5:53 pm

Cyril wrote:
Neutralee wrote: As neutral I can
Hmmm. Sure.

Thats whats holding you back bud, ust forget your hang ups for a second and debate on the issues...

Neutralee

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Sat 23 Aug 2014, 5:54 pm

There's no point with you. It's just the same old rubbish account after account.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutralee Sat 23 Aug 2014, 5:55 pm

Cyril wrote:There's no point with you. It's just the same old rubbish account after account.

Please point out the rubbish...

Neutralee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sat 23 Aug 2014, 6:39 pm

quinsforever wrote:of course it does make sense. all the haters would have loved to see it fail in Rome under the auspices of the new organisation.

just as much as they hate the fact that its always going to be a commercial home run holding both finals in London in a World Cup year.

this whole topic was so emotional that there will be no winning round the doubters until their teams win the competition.

It wasn't going to Rome, it was going to Milan - handy enough for the French!
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sat 23 Aug 2014, 6:43 pm

quinsforever wrote:
Neutralee wrote:
Cyril wrote:
Neutralee wrote:

you have a short memory. ERC only announced that Rome was going to get it after the split between PRL/LNR and ERC last year. In other words they did it to keep the Italians onside and make the English look like they were taking the toys away from the little kids.

if it was such a no-brainer, how come ERC hadnt suggested it before PRL walked?

Nope. They announced in February 2012 that Italy were getting the opportuity to host it - they announced the venue was the San Siro on 5th October last year.

The PRL did take the toys from the pram.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sat 23 Aug 2014, 9:10 pm

Sin é wrote:

Nope. They announced in February 2012 that Italy were getting the opportuity to host it - they announced the venue was the San Siro on 5th October last year.

The PRL did take the toys from the pram.

That makes this announcement pretty wierd

http://www.espn.co.uk/heineken-cup-2012-13/rugby/story/170937.html

Posting quotes saying that 2015 will probably be in Italy (with McGrath saying it wasn't finalised as being Italy) AFTER it was supposedly confirmed as Milan and 8 months after it had been confirmed it was Italy.

Bloody media not being in touch with what's going on.

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm serious. Official announcement was 3 days earlier

http://m.ercrugby.com/finals/24797.php

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Sat 23 Aug 2014, 10:14 pm

It was in the French press on 17th March, 2013 - came across this reference to it from twitter.

Thibault HENRY ‏@Business_sport
L'Italie accueillera pour la 1ère fois la finale de la Coupe d'Europe de rugby #HCup en 2015 (Milan à San Siro ou Rome au stade Olympique).

So, no it wasn't sprung out of nowhere.

I do recall McCafferty I think saying that they would try and keep it there.

For the record, I think they would have held in Milan, but that couldn't happen because the San Sero would not have been available as the Final has been moved to accommodate the Top 14 finals. The football season will be in full swing then.

Rome isn't a rugby stronghold so unlikely to attract any local interest.

PS - that first news item you posted a link to is from 10 October 2012.

espn wrote:Italy set to host euro finale
Enrico Borra and Graham Jenkins
October 10, 2012
A general view of Rome's Stadio Olimpico, Italy, January 12, 2012
The Stadio Olimpico plays host to Italy's games in the Six Nations © Getty Images
Enlarge

Italy will play host to the European club finals for the first time at the end of the 2014-15 season - as long as a new long-term agreement between stakeholders can be reached.

Read more at http://www.espnscrum.com/heineken-cup-2012-13/rugby/story/170937.html#TrQwSupA8VwILyh1.99
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon 25 Aug 2014, 1:00 pm

gavin mortimer @gavinmortimer7 · 6h
Goze tells M.O that because of the collapse of Top 14 rights deal last month, no broadcaster wants to commit right now to Europe.

gavin mortimer @gavinmortimer7 · 6h
Midi Olympique reports that LNR boss Paul Goze is “visibly irritated” by the lack of a French broadcaster for European rugby.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutralee Mon 25 Aug 2014, 1:02 pm

Sin é wrote:gavin mortimer @gavinmortimer7  ·  6h
Goze tells M.O that because of the collapse of Top 14 rights deal last month, no broadcaster wants to commit right now to Europe.

gavin mortimer @gavinmortimer7  ·  6h
Midi Olympique reports that LNR boss Paul Goze is “visibly irritated” by the lack of a French broadcaster for European rugby.

This could seriously damage the health of French rugby, short term the rich owners should survive, but without that income how long will they stay?

Neutralee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down