The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Smackdown spoilers

+7
theundisputedY2D2
Mr H
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
bretmeharty
JamesLincs
JoshSansom
Fernando
11 posters

Go down

Smackdown spoilers  Empty Smackdown spoilers

Post by Fernando Wed 13 Jun 2012, 12:08 pm

Dark Match

* Dean Ambrose lost to a local wrestler from Manchester, New Hampshire.

WWE Smackdown (Airing Friday)

* This week's WWE Smackdown opens with an in-ring promo. CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler, Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, AJ and Vickie Guerrero are arguing in the ring.

* Dolph Ziggler and Daniel Bryan defeated CM Punk and Sheamus. Kane came out after the match and chokeslammed Punk and Sheamus.

* Brodus Clay defeated Heath Slater in a squash match. After the match Otunga attacked Brodus.

* Beth Phoenix defeated Alicia Fox.

* John Laurinatis in-ring segment with The Big Show.

* Intercontinental Champion Christian defeated Jack Swagger.

(Off Air Segment: Triple H came out and gave Swagger a pedigree. Afterwards Triple H chased Vickie to the back.)

* Ryback defeated Mike Testa and another local wrestler.

* Damien Sandow defeated Tyson Kidd.

* John Cena in ring segment where Cena calls out the Big Show. John Laurinaitis comes out and is assaulted by Cena to end the show.

if John Cena loses to Big Show at No Way Out on Sunday, he’ll be “fired” from the company. The stipulation announced on Monday’s three-hour Raw Supershow was, if Big Show lost, John Laurinaitis would be “fired.”

Source: nodq.com

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Smackdown spoilers  Empty Re: Smackdown spoilers

Post by JoshSansom Wed 13 Jun 2012, 12:29 pm

Interesting additional stipulation... I would guess that Cena will lose and will take some time off before triumphantly returning in a few months. I think that given his personal issues this is a good thing though given the number of other suspensions etc can the product afford to lose the star power of Cena??

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Wed 13 Jun 2012, 12:42 pm

i agree, surely JL will escape again. its quite a big stipulation, to be fired. so imo it wouldnt make sense for him to defy the odds only to be fired by the next ppv. plus he survived raw this week. i think big johnny will be around for a while

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 13 Jun 2012, 12:42 pm

JoshSansom wrote:Interesting additional stipulation... I would guess that Cena will lose and will take some time off before triumphantly returning in a few months. I think that given his personal issues this is a good thing though given the number of other suspensions etc can the product afford to lose the star power of Cena??

It's actually quite interesting for once due to big johnny being involved in the TNA lawsuit so he'll need the time off as well at some point

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed 13 Jun 2012, 12:47 pm

"if John Cena loses to Big Show at No Way Out on Sunday, he’ll be “fired” from the company. The stipulation announced on Monday’s three-hour Raw Supershow was, if Big Show lost, John Laurinaitis would be “fired.”

............boy, thats new. My guess is he will be fired and still appear every week then somehow have a rematch with big show to get his job back.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 13 Jun 2012, 12:50 pm

I think people are being unnecessarily harsh on No Mercy.
I think it's all set up quite nicely.
I'm not buying it, because I'm a bit strapped this month
But I would do.

The cage match is set up nice
Punk Bryan Kane AJ is intriguing
Ziggler in a title match should be good
Christian v Rhodes has the potential to be a show stealer
Vinnie Mac will be there
Triple H will be there

Could be a great PPV

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Jun 2012, 1:01 pm

Looks like No Way Out's main event will end in a DQ then

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 13 Jun 2012, 1:03 pm

No Way Out ED, not No Mercy.

Given the low ratings and lack of star power of late i'd be amazed if they let Cena take time off.

I think the low ratings have alot to do with JL, the crowd dont buy into him he just saps the energy out of the audience whenever he speaks and doesnt garner enough heat for a heel GM for me. I can see the WWE taking him off TV.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 13 Jun 2012, 1:06 pm

Mr H wrote:No Way Out ED, not No Mercy.

Given the low ratings and lack of star power of late i'd be amazed if they let Cena take time off.

I think the low ratings have alot to do with JL, the crowd dont buy into him he just saps the energy out of the audience whenever he speaks and doesnt garner enough heat for a heel GM for me. I can see the WWE taking him off TV.

I would disagree in a way H because one of the big issues that the WWE have is that their heels aren't disliked by the majority of the crowd... Ziggler, Bryan, Rhodes, Jericho etc all have strong crowd followings while JL is one of the few heel personalities that is disliked by the crowd/audience and I tend to think that he is very over and has improved on the areas such as promos where he was initially very bad.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 13 Jun 2012, 1:10 pm

I just dont see it Josh, it sounds daft but i actually think alot of it is to do with his voice. He just sounds stupid.

If they want a heel GM, give it to Vickie G.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 13 Jun 2012, 1:17 pm

Did you see Sheamus laugh when Laurinaitis tried to say he was going to find him an opponent?

I think Laurinaitis became a pastiche of himself in a very quick amount of time. When he first started, he was very believable as the power hungry guy who thought he was hilarious. It was almost David Brent-like.

That very quickly became a goof. He wasn't a goof in the beginning. And as such it doesn't work anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 13 Jun 2012, 3:12 pm

Note to WWE: It doesn't matter how many stipulations you throw at the John Cena / Big Show match, it still isn't worthy enough to main event the pay per view.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed 13 Jun 2012, 3:14 pm

theundisputedY2D2 wrote:

Note to WWE: It doesn't matter how many stipulations you throw at the John Cena / Big Show match, it still isn't worthy enough to main event the pay per view.

+1 OK

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCelticGarbutt Wed 13 Jun 2012, 3:40 pm

So then who needs the time off most - Cena with his current "legal" issues, or big Johnny to deal with the WWE's current legal issues.

If I had to guess, it will be a finish that means both will be back on Monday Night.

TheCelticGarbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Wed 13 Jun 2012, 3:47 pm

they could have Johnny fire Cena, but as with when he tried firing Punk, Triple H said he couldn't fire him, so Cena gets fired and returns later in the summer with Triple H bringing him back on his say so.

Reports say WWE were looking for their big summer storyline, I reckon it will be Johnny Vs The Raw and Smackdown rosters more and more people on the rosters will turn against him as the summer goes on, eventually we will reach survivor series where it will be team WWE Vs team Johnny or something, you could have Cena, Punk, Kofi, R-Truth and Triple H Vs Ziggler, Swagger, Big Show, Chris Jericho, Alberto Del Rio and The Miz. Where if team Johnny loses he is fired, where if team Johnny wins he gets the permenant GM job for both brands for as long as he wants till he wants to stop.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCelticGarbutt Wed 13 Jun 2012, 4:02 pm

hodge wrote:they could have Johnny fire Cena, but as with when he tried firing Punk, Triple H said he couldn't fire him, so Cena gets fired and returns later in the summer with Triple H bringing him back on his say so.

Reports say WWE were looking for their big summer storyline, I reckon it will be Johnny Vs The Raw and Smackdown rosters more and more people on the rosters will turn against him as the summer goes on, eventually we will reach survivor series where it will be team WWE Vs team Johnny or something, you could have Cena, Punk, Kofi, R-Truth and Triple H Vs Ziggler, Swagger, Big Show, Chris Jericho, Alberto Del Rio and The Miz. Where if team Johnny loses he is fired, where if team Johnny wins he gets the permenant GM job for both brands for as long as he wants till he wants to stop.

Can they afford to have Cena off TV for any length of time though, the top tier is looking week without Lesnar, Orton, Jericho, Del Rio, Mysterio, Barrett etc. Regardless of your feelings for said wrestlers, they would definitely be scheduled on PPV cards if available, so without the Cena/ Lauranitis / Big Show fued who do they go to.

And yes I know we all want the likes of Ziggler, Rhodes etc but we know they wont do this before the next PPV. Guessing some of those may have made a come back by then but in the case of those through suspension, back to the same level as they were before they left.

TheCelticGarbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Wed 13 Jun 2012, 5:01 pm

could it be some sort of "dusty finish" where both men escape the cage at the same time so no one will be fired cause neither opponent lost?

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 13 Jun 2012, 5:07 pm

MetalMotty wrote:could it be some sort of "dusty finish" where both men escape the cage at the same time so no one will be fired cause neither opponent lost?

Probably the most likely, although increasingly they keep messing up the finishes, with one clearly touching down before the other.

What I would like is both of them to be fired, WWE would be allot better without them.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down