The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lambie Starts.. otherwise the same team for the boks.

2 posters

Go down

Lambie Starts.. otherwise the same team for the boks. Empty Lambie Starts.. otherwise the same team for the boks.

Post by fa0019 Wed 13 Jun 2012, 12:15 pm

South Africa: 15 Pat Lambie, 14 JP Pietersen, 13 Jean de Villiers, 12 Frans Steyn, 11 Bryan Habana, 10 Morné Steyn, 9 François Hougaard, 8 Pierre Spies, 7 Willem Alberts, 6 Marcell Coetzee, 5 Juandré Kruger, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Jannie du Plessis, 2 Bismarck du Plessis, 1 Tendai Mtawarira.

Replacements: 16 Adriaan Strauss, 17 Werner Kruger, 18 Flip van der Merwe, 19 Keegan Daniel, 20 Ruan Pienaar, 21 Wynand Olivier, 22 Bjorn Basson.

I think ENG will be happy that Hougaard is starting rather than Pienaar. Coenie's injury will weaken their options on the bench. If ENG bring back Corbs then I thnk they can do better in the scrum then they did last week.

ENG won't win by playing the same game they've done throughout Lancaster's reign. I'm not saying they have to throw caution to the wind completely but they have to start playing with real tempo & execution with the ball in hand. Its not like this bok side doesn't have its weaknesses regardless of how good they are.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Lambie Starts.. otherwise the same team for the boks. Empty Re: Lambie Starts.. otherwise the same team for the boks.

Post by fa0019 Wed 13 Jun 2012, 12:18 pm

Also I think Strauss should count himself rather unlucky... although if SA do win again on Saturday Meyer will give his bench a start for the thirs & final test... players like Pienaar, Daniel & Strauss are biting at the heels of those with the jersey... and if SA are to compete with NZ this year they may need a all-round quality scrumhalf like Pienaar.. rather than a front foot attacking 9 (albeit with poor core skills) like Hougaard.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Lambie Starts.. otherwise the same team for the boks. Empty Re: Lambie Starts.. otherwise the same team for the boks.

Post by FerN Wed 13 Jun 2012, 12:26 pm

Would have wanted Ruan in place of Hougie, but that is probably the best team we could put out at the moment, maybe I would have picked Aplon instead of Wynand/Basson on the bench - he covers more.

FerN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down