The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everyone In The Locker Room Is Talking About Murray

+13
lags72
djlovesyou
lydian
bogbrush
User 774433
CaledonianCraig
invisiblecoolers
socal1976
Danny_1982
newballs
Super D Boon
JuliusHMarx
hawkeye
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Everyone In The Locker Room Is Talking About Murray Empty Everyone In The Locker Room Is Talking About Murray

Post by hawkeye Wed 13 Jun 2012, 5:39 pm

According to Tommy Haas everyone in the locker room is talking about Andy Murray

Haas, a 15-year veteran of the tour, was asked about the more extravagant on-court behaviour and replied: “Murray often acts like he can’t move, has the trainer out and then starts moving like a cat. Everyone in the locker room knows this and talks about it.”

Sometimes being the talk of the changing room is a pleasant experience, but to be the butt of innuendo is less appealing.

This is from an article in The Times by Neil Harman (sorry PPV)

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Everyone In The Locker Room Is Talking About Murray Empty Re: Everyone In The Locker Room Is Talking About Murray

Post by hawkeye Wed 13 Jun 2012, 5:41 pm

You would think everyone in the locker room and Neil Harman would be talking about Nadal and Djokovic...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Everyone In The Locker Room Is Talking About Murray Empty Re: Everyone In The Locker Room Is Talking About Murray

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 13 Jun 2012, 5:44 pm

Could you provide the question that was asked by Harman and the sentence immediately before and after the quote.
Sometimes some posters quote things out of context - not that you'd ever dream of doing that about Murray.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Jun 2012, 5:44 pm

Don't quote me but I heard that Murray has a very big schlossel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Wed 13 Jun 2012, 5:48 pm

Hawkeye, an article slating Murray from you is almost as predictable as a Jonathan Overend BBC article praising Murray from the rooftops after yet another dismal defeat in the final stages of a slam!

Tommy Haas has always been one to speak his mind and can occassionally be a little loose with his tongue. On the other hand, Murray's antics ealry in the French Open are very suspicious and I'm starting to suspect he feigns injury or at the very least exagerates its seriousness.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 13 Jun 2012, 5:52 pm

JuliusMarx

I'll give a bit more of the article. If you want to read more why not buy the paper?

That notoriety, or at least one particular element of it, was noted by Tommy Haas, one of the seven male recipients of a Wimbledon wild card, after his first-round match in Halle, Germany, was halted when Bernard Tomic, of Australia, retired against him in the first set for a reason that was not immediately apparent.

Haas, a 15-year veteran of the tour, was asked about the more extravagant on-court behaviour and replied: “Murray often acts like he can’t move, has the trainer out and then starts moving like a cat. Everyone in the locker room knows this and talks about it.”

Sometimes being the talk of the changing room is a pleasant experience, but to be the butt of innuendo is less appealing. Every little nuance of the world No 4’s movement, or lack of it, against Nicolas Mahut, of France, in the second round of the AEGON Championships in West London today will be acutely analysed with Wimbledon starting on Monday week.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by newballs Wed 13 Jun 2012, 5:53 pm

Haas apparently was talking to German television after his opponent Tomic pulled out of their match at Halle

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/9328222/Veteran-German-Tommy-Haas-attacks-Andy-Murray-for-perceived-histrionics-over-injuries-on-court.html

Seems that Tommythinks Murray's the main culprit at exaggerating injuries out on the tour so let's hope for a Haas/Murray showdown in the first round at Wimbledon!

newballs

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Wed 13 Jun 2012, 6:03 pm

Zzzzzz....

Predictable, boring. Change the record.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 13 Jun 2012, 6:20 pm

Nore Staat wrote:

Yes maybe that is why all the fellas and some of the ladies are talking about Murray in the lockeroom. Kim does have a rather satisfied look on her face when she sits in the stands. I know that is why people talk about me in the lockeroom. That and because I start rumors about myself.

Hawkeye I do have to say I am glad you are back on your Murray quotes theme. I know it irritates a lot of murray fans but i do enjoy the controversy that you create as wrong as I think you are. Murray does seem to be a bit of lightening rod for controversy I don't know if that is necessarily all him or partly the british media.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Wed 13 Jun 2012, 6:26 pm

hawkeye wrote:You would think everyone in the locker room and Neil Harman would be talking about Nadal and Djokovic...

Well Nadal is the King exponent of it followed by the World No.1 Nole, if Murray gets slanged for this what about the top2 ? laughing

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 13 Jun 2012, 6:50 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:
hawkeye wrote:You would think everyone in the locker room and Neil Harman would be talking about Nadal and Djokovic...

Well Nadal is the King exponent of it followed by the World No.1 Nole, if Murray gets slanged for this what about the top2 ? Everyone In The Locker Room Is Talking About Murray 3497602689

Ha ha! I walked right into that. What I meant was I thought that other players would be talking about and national papers might have articles about the historic match that Nadal and Djokovic played on Sunday and Monday not talking about Murray again...

Also I'm not the one talking about Murray in the locker room and I'm not Haas who snitched. I'm just quoting from an article in a national newspaper. Maybe it would be better to pretend it hasn't been said? I would have thought it would be in Murrays interest to know.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 13 Jun 2012, 6:53 pm

HE, I don't think Haas means that all the other players are talking about Murray now. Perhaps the Telegrpah translation is more accurate.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 13 Jun 2012, 8:30 pm

Unless she can prove this then surely the title should be changed?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Jun 2012, 9:01 pm

socal1976 wrote:
Nore Staat wrote:

... Murray does seem to be a bit of lightening rod ...
Indeed there is none quicker than Murray (apparently).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Jun 2012, 9:02 pm

I was in the locker room at cricket nets earlier and it is true. We were talking about Murray.

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 13 Jun 2012, 9:07 pm

Caladonian Craig

Why should I change the title? Are all these articles fake? Is Tommy Haas making things up? Of course I wasn't in the locker room to hear the gossip but were you there to hear nothing? We can only go on what's being reported.

Tommy Haas criticises Andy Murray over injury claims. (The Guardian)

Veteran German Tommy Haas attacks Andy Murray for percieved histrionics over injuries on court (The Telegraph)

Tommy Haas thinks Andy Murray fakes it. (Yahoo Sports)

Haas dig at "faker" Murray (The Sun)

Andy's an actor: German Haas slams Murray for hamming up injuries (Daily Mail)

I could go on... The story is everywhere. But here on 606v2 everyone accuses me of making it up. Pftt!

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Jun 2012, 9:10 pm

Maybe Haas likes a bit of spanish sausage which would explain the glaring admission. I wonder what he was doing during the Del Potro/Nadal clash a year ago Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 13 Jun 2012, 9:10 pm

And Tommy Haas qualifies as everyone does he? Not quite as Jarkko Niemenen stated afterwards he believed Andy as did Ivo Karlovic so evidently not everyone is of the opinion you want us to believe that are.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Jun 2012, 9:12 pm

I would also like these players 'who talk about it' to come out and back Haas's 'Claim'

I never thought he was one for pi$$ing in the wind.

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 13 Jun 2012, 9:21 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:And Tommy Haas qualifies as everyone does he? Not quite as Jarkko Niemenen stated afterwards he believed Andy as did Ivo Karlovic so evidently not everyone is of the opinion you want us to believe that are.

If you have proof that all these articles are all fabricated both you and Andy Murray should see a lawyer. The Times, The Telegraph, The Daily Mail, The Sun, The Guardian and all the numerous other sources and of course Tommy Haas should not be allowed to make things up.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Jun 2012, 9:26 pm

Hawky,

Given Tommy's playing activity, he isn't one for hanging around tournaments at the latter stages this year I actually fail to see who is 'talking' about it. In fact apart from the FO when have we seen him call an MTO since wait for it the FO last year. So what a regular occurance this is.

I think Tommy is feeling a bit left out. Maybe he should think about hanging around the latter stages of tournaments and not what someone else is doing.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 13 Jun 2012, 9:28 pm

Why should I see a lawyer? As far as I am concerned these comments don't hold any water with me and not sure (even if Haas said them) that Murray will be too bothered either. It is rather humourous really considering Murray with Federer has the least medical time outs and withdrawals on the men's circuit so Andy has nobody to answer to but can you say that with other players at the top of the men's game?

Last edited by CaledonianCraig on Wed 13 Jun 2012, 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 13 Jun 2012, 9:30 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:I would also like these players 'who talk about it' to come out and back Haas's 'Claim'

Of course they wont! They will just roll their eyes if Murray clutches his back when down in the score. They will do this even if Murray has a really, really sore back. If Djokovic is feeling really brave and he is sure that Murray isn't around (maybe Tommy Haas could keep watch?) I'm sure he could do a funny Murray impression.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 13 Jun 2012, 9:31 pm

hawkeye wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:I would also like these players 'who talk about it' to come out and back Haas's 'Claim'

Of course they wont! They will just roll their eyes if Murray clutches his back when down in the score. They will do this even if Murray has a really, really sore back. If Djokovic is feeling really brave and he is sure that Murray isn't around (maybe Tommy Haas could keep watch?) I'm sure he could do a funny Murray impression.

And all this from a Nadal fan. Laugh
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Jun 2012, 9:31 pm

hawkeye wrote:

And you have paid witness to that?

Why won't they? If I was quoted as saying something like he is claiming then I would come out back the claim.

I smell bullsh!t!

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 13 Jun 2012, 9:32 pm

The only quote I can find is
"Sometimes he looks like he can barely move, then comes the trainer and he moves like a cat. I believe everyone knows this. People talk about it in the locker room."

So to say "Everyone is talking about it in the locker room" is not accurate - either unintentionally or deliberately.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 13 Jun 2012, 9:32 pm

I'm sorry Caladonian Craig for my last comment... I am sure Djokovic and Murray are great friends and Djokovic would never be so mean... It would be funny though if he did.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 13 Jun 2012, 9:33 pm

Who said I was talking about Djokovic? Ask Del Potro about an incident at Wimbledon last year for starters. Wink
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 13 Jun 2012, 9:34 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:The only quote I can find is
"Sometimes he looks like he can barely move, then comes the trainer and he moves like a cat. I believe everyone knows this. People talk about it in the locker room."

So to say "Everyone is talking about it in the locker room" is not accurate - either unintentionally or deliberately.

You are probably correct. It is doubtful that every single person in the locker room is talking about Andy Murray.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 13 Jun 2012, 9:36 pm

Indeed - which is why Tommy Haas didn't say that. But you did. I wonder why?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 13 Jun 2012, 9:36 pm

hawkeye wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:The only quote I can find is

You are probably correct. It is doubtful that every single person in the locker room is talking about Andy Murray.

So can you change the title to something more accurate then like:-

I Can't Stand Murray So Here Is My 50th Anti-Murray Post
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 13 Jun 2012, 9:39 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Who said I was talking about Djokovic? Ask Del Potro about an incident at Wimbledon last year for starters. Wink

Phew! You must have missed my comment about Djokovic. Of course you didn't talk about him.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Jun 2012, 9:40 pm

I would imagine that this is the conversation Tommy Haas had:

Tommy heads back to locker room after another defeat.

Tommy: Did you see Andy playing up again on court?

Tommy's reflection: Did you see Andy playing up again on court?

Tommy: I tell you he does it all the time.

Tommy's reflection: I tell you he does it all the time.

Tommy: I am glad we agree.

Tommy's reflection: I am glad we agree.

Andy: Who you talking to Tommy??

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 13 Jun 2012, 9:53 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Indeed - which is why Tommy Haas didn't say that. But you did. I wonder why?

I didn't say it. To say I did is a bit silly as of course I've not been in the locker room... Neil Harman of The Times quoted Tommy Haas as saying it. Look at the quote from my article. Here is the relevant bit again.

...Everyone in the locker room knows this and talks about it.”

This story is being reported widely.

Of course for those who don't want to believe this creditable source they can alway's believe legendkillarV2's version of events or maybe just make up something themselves.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Wed 13 Jun 2012, 9:55 pm

www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jun/12/tommy-haas-andy-murray-injury?newsfeed=true

At 34, Haas is making yet another comeback after injury but he has called out Andy Murray for "looking like he is injured … and then moving like a cat". In an interview with German TV at a tournament in Halle, Haas claimed that "everyone in the locker room knows about it and talks about it".

"It's difficult when you play against someone who is walking on the court like he is not well or is injured," Haas said. "I find no one does this better than Andy Murray, from time to time. Sometimes he looks like he can barely move, then comes the trainer and then he moves like a cat. I believe everyone knows this now. People talk about it in the locker room.

"Maybe he would like to take some pressure off himself. He tells himself, maybe I have a niggle or a problem, I am not feeling too well, but I'm going to try it anyway. But he is such a talented player that he really doesn't need [to do] this."

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 13 Jun 2012, 10:07 pm

Nore Staat wrote:
socal1976 wrote:
Nore Staat wrote:

... Murray does seem to be a bit of lightening rod ...
Indeed there is none quicker than Murray (apparently).

Your a sick man Nore Staat. Very funny indeed, lol. Had to search my whole post for the rod reference I like it.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 13 Jun 2012, 10:12 pm

I actually don't see Haas' quote as being that negative of quote when I see it. I think Andy would be a real cagey customer if he was faking out and psyching out opponents that way. Tennis is a mental sport and players come up with defensive mechanisms little ticks to help them cope with the pressures of high money business that you are one knee surgery away from losing. Djokovic bounces his balls, Nadal scratches himself and play with water bottles, Roger dresses and acts like a ponce. Connors and Mac tried to turn it into street fights. I mean at first I thought this was not a really nice quote from Haas but it actually almost seems like Haas is complimenting Murray. Tennis at its highest is a bit of theatre afterall. So either way I can't say that I have much problem with what murray is doing. Either he is hurt and not acting. Or he is acting and messing with his opponents heads, in fact if it is latter I might have even more respect for him.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 13 Jun 2012, 10:21 pm

hawkeye wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Indeed - which is why Tommy Haas didn't say that. But you did. I wonder why?

I didn't say it. To say I did is a bit silly as of course I've not been in the locker room... Neil Harman of The Times quoted Tommy Haas as saying it. Look at the quote from my article. Here is the relevant bit again.

Of course for those who don't want to believe this creditable source they can alway's believe legendkillarV2's version of events or maybe just make up something themselves.

I can't, of course, see Harman's article, so if it says "Everyone in the locker room knows this and talks about it" as an exact quote, then I can't argue against that.
But most online papers say "I believe everyone knows this now. People talk about it in the locker room."
Which is very different. And if "Everyone in the locker room knows this and talks about it" is your quote and not an exact quote from the Times article, you should a) acknowledge that and b) acknowledge that it is not an accurate interpretation.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 13 Jun 2012, 10:22 pm

socal1976 wrote:Roger dresses and acts like a ponce

socal1976

I think your getting a little off topic again...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 13 Jun 2012, 10:25 pm

I was talking about different characteristics hawkeye and how players cope with pressure. Fed dressing nice and acting regal is part of his personality and how deals with it all. At one time in the juniors he was a bit wilder and he found that this stoical and regal approach worked for him and it has become part of him. I don't see it as being bad just like I don't see murray's conduct as being wrong or inappropriate. Hey if you want to make yourself feel nice and like the king of the world by marching out to court in a full cream colored suit with your initials stenciled everywhere more power to you. It is kind of cool and what makes him what he is.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 13 Jun 2012, 10:32 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
hawkeye wrote:

I can't, of course, see Harman's article, so if it says "Everyone in the locker room knows this and talks about it" as an exact quote, then I can't argue against that.
But most online papers say "I believe everyone knows this now. People talk about it in the locker room."
Which is very different. And if "Everyone in the locker room knows this and talks about it" is your quote and not an exact quote from the Times article, you should a) acknowledge that and b) acknowledge that it is not an accurate interpretation.

JuliusHMarx

It is an exact quote! Cut and pasted from the online version of The Times. Why would you think I made it up or changed it? I have never done that! I get a bit fed up of being accused of doing it just because people don't like what they read. Buy the paper youself or if you don't want to do that take a sneaky peak in a newsagents or read an old copy in the library.

The quote by Haas must be quite contraversial judging by the disbelief here!

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 13 Jun 2012, 10:40 pm

Then we have two different versions, depending on which paper is read.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 13 Jun 2012, 10:44 pm

socal1976 wrote:I was talking about different characteristics hawkeye and how players cope with pressure. Fed dressing nice and acting regal is part of his personality and how deals with it all. At one time in the juniors he was a bit wilder and he found that this stoical and regal approach worked for him and it has become part of him. I don't see it as being bad just like I don't see murray's conduct as being wrong or inappropriate. Hey if you want to make yourself feel nice and like the king of the world by marching out to court in a full cream colored suit with your initials stenciled everywhere more power to you. It is kind of cool and what makes him what he is.

I can understand where your coming from with your description of Federer in his full cream coloured suit with initials. I too think he looked a little silly... but silly in a funny way. I think he's a great player and I sort of like him as a person more because of some of the things he gets a bit wrong. You do know when he wore that suit (2007 at Wimbledon) he beat Nadal in a long and dramatic final then afterwoods he put the trousers on back to front and wore them like that to recieve the trophy. It must have been very uncomfortable... it makes me smile just thinking about it. Novak would never get something like that wrong.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed 13 Jun 2012, 10:56 pm

Federer comes across to me as typical of his region; very wealthy, intelligent, cultured, diplomatic, influential and a bit of a dork.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Thu 14 Jun 2012, 12:55 pm

Agree with the labels of Swiss people...assured and 'ego' are others that come to mind.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 14 Jun 2012, 12:55 pm

You see here is the difference between hawkeye (a Nadal fan) and myself an Andy Murray fan. Think back to a well-documented incident at Wimbledon last year when Nadal picked up 'an injury' against Del Potro at a key point in the match and the trainer was called and of course he was soon stealthily racing around retrieving impossible balls and turned the match around to win. Did you see me make a song and a dance or a mountain out of a molehill about the incident and of course that would have been the talk of the locker room around that time? No I stuck to discussing tennis instead of attempting to sullen a players name. Try it sometime hawkeye - you may become a little more respected for it.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Thu 14 Jun 2012, 1:02 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:I stuck to discussing tennis instead of attempting to sullen a players name. Try it sometime hawkeye - you may become a little more respected for it.
I guess hawkeye focuses on the name of a sullen player... Run

You have to hand to Lendl though...Murray's temperament in accepting the losses is definitely getting better.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 14 Jun 2012, 1:04 pm

I know what you mean Craig, but this isn't a game of trading off opinions, it's sticking them up for comment,

I'm interested in Tommy Hass's comments because they corroborate the view I gained years ago that Andy is a bit of a drama queen. It doesn't make him a bad person, doesn't change his tennis, but it is what I feel he is.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jun 2012, 1:11 pm

Work in the locker is that Hawky's birth name ended with Murray. Laugh

All joking aside with the greatest respect to Tommy 1) He hasn't been playing at the majority of events that Andy has. 2) They last played each other in 2008 which would suggest to me that not being a regular opponent he really isn't the 'expert' voice from the locker room.

These are the comments of someone desperately trying to raise their profile a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jun 2012, 1:46 pm

bogbrush wrote:I know what you mean Craig, but this isn't a game of trading off opinions, it's sticking them up for comment,

I'm interested in Tommy Hass's comments because they corroborate the view I gained years ago that Andy is a bit of a drama queen. It doesn't make him a bad person, doesn't change his tennis, but it is what I feel he is.
Well he did overdo it against Richard Gasquet at Roland Garros, and even he smirked when the crowd started to groan, when he did it after a Richard Gasquet winner. He would turn his back to Gasquet rub his lower back just above the hip very deliberately and then smirk. It clearly aggravate Gasquet although he said it didn't in the after match interview. To be fair it did add a bit of personality and humour to the proceedings, and it was Gasquet fault for letting it get to him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next