The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everyone In The Locker Room Is Talking About Murray

+13
lags72
djlovesyou
lydian
bogbrush
User 774433
CaledonianCraig
invisiblecoolers
socal1976
Danny_1982
newballs
Super D Boon
JuliusHMarx
hawkeye
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Everyone In The Locker Room Is Talking About Murray - Page 2 Empty Everyone In The Locker Room Is Talking About Murray

Post by hawkeye Wed 13 Jun 2012, 5:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

According to Tommy Haas everyone in the locker room is talking about Andy Murray

Haas, a 15-year veteran of the tour, was asked about the more extravagant on-court behaviour and replied: “Murray often acts like he can’t move, has the trainer out and then starts moving like a cat. Everyone in the locker room knows this and talks about it.”

Sometimes being the talk of the changing room is a pleasant experience, but to be the butt of innuendo is less appealing.

This is from an article in The Times by Neil Harman (sorry PPV)

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Everyone In The Locker Room Is Talking About Murray - Page 2 Empty Re: Everyone In The Locker Room Is Talking About Murray

Post by djlovesyou Thu 14 Jun 2012, 1:54 pm

lydian wrote:
I guess hawkeye focuses on the name of a sullen player... Run

You have to hand to Lendl though...Murray's temperament in accepting the losses is definitely getting better.

I don't think getting angry on court is a particularly bad way of 'accepting losses'.

I'd rather he did that than be a player who has never actually lost a match without a pathetic excuse. At least for the majority of the time, he comes off the court and is prepared to say he didn't play well enough. Some others could learn from that.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Everyone In The Locker Room Is Talking About Murray - Page 2 Empty Re: Everyone In The Locker Room Is Talking About Murray

Post by lags72 Thu 14 Jun 2012, 2:01 pm

I'm surprised that Haas has chosen to air these views for public consumption.

It's one thing for the media and we tennis fans (aka armchair critics) to make direct criticism of a particular player, but there has been a long-standing convention amongst pros that they limit discussion about their fellow pros to either complimentary/constructive remarks at best, or (if perhaps pushed by an interviewer) even neutral comment at worst.

Haas is a veteran of the tour, an accomplished player with lots of experience behind him and there is a view that this somehow gives added weight to his comment. But I'm of the opposite opinion.

He has done well to stay inside the top 100 at the age of 34 but equally he will soon end his career with far less on his CV than Andy Murray can already show, even though almost ten years younger.

All in all I think the remarks were ill-chosen and disrespectful. Whatever might (or might not ...?) be said in the locker room should stay there ; and for his part, Andy M would do well to ignore the reported comment, as I think seems to be the case so far.

Tommy Haas meanwhile might wish to concentrate on tennis rather than tittle-tattle.

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jun 2012, 2:03 pm

Exactly lags clap

For a guy who has retired 'injured' from 21 professional matches doesn't really give himself to be in a position to question a fellow professional's health on court.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom_____ Thu 14 Jun 2012, 2:06 pm

lydian wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:I stuck to discussing tennis instead of attempting to sullen a players name. Try it sometime hawkeye - you may become a little more respected for it.
I guess hawkeye focuses on the name of a sullen player... Run

You have to hand to Lendl though...Murray's temperament in accepting the losses is definitely getting better.

Interesting point that i hadn't considered, as i was focusing more on Murray's on-court behaviour/body language to assess how Lendl was having an impact. To be honest i have been leaning toward Lendl not having a particularly meaningful impact so far. However maybe if he can help Murray get over loses quickly after matches they can work backwards further and help Murray quickly accept that he plays bad point from time to time. For me his inability to get over bad points quickly is what causes him to have really really bad spells in matches that those above him simply don't have. Murray does have a complex game and a lot of shot choices must go through his mind as a ball approaches. If he picks wrong, or even feels he has, its understandable why his frustration at himself can boil over. Unfortunately though that frustration is the real thing he should feel annoyed at himself for, as long term is far more damaging in a match than one missed smashed or drop-shot played at the wrong time.

Tom_____

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jun 2012, 2:18 pm

"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 14 Jun 2012, 2:32 pm

Sure, but I take this back to the irst time I saw him, when he played Stepanek at Queens and was throwing himself to the floor thetrically with cramp.

Bogbrush jnr and I agreed there and then that this was Napoleon Dynamite on a court.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 14 Jun 2012, 2:41 pm

Nore Staat wrote:"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"

Are you saying Murray is the Red Drama Queen?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 14 Jun 2012, 2:50 pm

There is only one thing in the World worse than being talked about........
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jun 2012, 2:52 pm

bogbrush wrote:Sure, but I take this back to the irst time I saw him, when he played Stepanek at Queens and was throwing himself to the floor thetrically with cramp.

Bogbrush jnr and I agreed there and then that this was Napoleon Dynamite on a court.

Wasn't that Johansson? Where he was laying down like he had been shot in leg? One of my fav Murray moments.

Stepanek was Wimbledon.

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 14 Jun 2012, 3:05 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:
bogbrush wrote:Sure, but I take this back to the irst time I saw him, when he played Stepanek at Queens and was throwing himself to the floor thetrically with cramp.

Wasn't that Johansson? Where he was laying down like he had been shot in leg? One of my fav Murray moments.

Stepanek was Wimbledon.
You're right. I was so sure.......

Hilarious wasn't it!
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jun 2012, 3:11 pm

I did laugh. I mean I felt harsh as he was just a stick!! Laugh

It was also the pictures in the paper of him just lying there. Bad tournament for him as he done his ankle there too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jun 2012, 3:27 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Nore Staat wrote:"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!"

I suppose if Murray is the Drama Queen, I must have meant Lendl to be the Red Drama Queen. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 14 Jun 2012, 3:29 pm

Nore Staat wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

I suppose if Murray is the Drama Queen, I must have meant Lendl to be the Red Drama Queen. Smile

Czech mate!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by newballs Thu 14 Jun 2012, 3:32 pm

Firstly hawkeye when you post anything at all be aware (if it really needs pointing out) that CC will analyse eveything to the nth degree and cry foul if he can find anything he deems the slightest bit malicious or remotely untrue about Andy.

Secondly it seems Haas was less than happy with Tomic pulling out (for whatever reason) and then voice his frustrations to German TV. He may have been better advised not to bring Andy's supposed "OTT antics" (my words here and not Tommy's) but it is worth pointing out that during the FO when Virginia Wade brought up the observation that Andy could be a little bit OTT (which Greg did little to try and dispel) and then Gasquet gave him some rather dirty looks when he similarly thought there was an element of play acting going on during their match. Are they both overreacting themselves? Well, there's usually no smoke without fire.

Much better following yesterday's defeat for Andy to talk about a "bad day at the office" (again my words not his) and not to go on again about fitness or other issues. I've always said that actions speak louder than words and it's time for Andy to let his tennis do his talking for him. Some decent results between now and the end of the year (assuming of course he's fit for the year end Masters this time round) and all will be come up roses again I hope.

newballs

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 14 Jun 2012, 3:48 pm

Thats right newballs continue putting across one side of the story eh? Lets just forget that Jarko Niemenen backed Murray and realised he was injured and since he was right on the same court then who better to judge. Also lets just forget Ivo Karlovic who has suffered the same injury before and could spot the same signs in Andy and lets just forget Jim Courier as well who also saw the signs of the injury and could relate to it.

As for Haas talking in locker rooms, well I'll bet tittle tattle goes on every day in the locker rooms like it did with Nadal at Wimbledon last year or over the fiasco that went on at the US Open last year etc etc and that is all it is - tittle tattle and no doubt the gossip mill will move on again as it always does.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jun 2012, 5:11 pm

Has anyone who thinks Andy is a drama queen could give examples bar the recent 2 French Opens?

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 14 Jun 2012, 5:25 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:Has anyone who thinks Andy is a drama queen could give examples bar the recent 2 French Opens?

Or more to the point how about the other players who grimace on court or hold parts of their body. We saw Tsonga do it V Djokovic in French Open and today at Queens and we saw Djokovic limping at French Open and that is just for starters. Why no drama queen tag for them?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Thu 14 Jun 2012, 5:31 pm

newballs wrote:Firstly hawkeye when you post anything at all be aware (if it really needs pointing out) that CC will analyse eveything to the nth degree and cry foul if he can find anything he deems the slightest bit malicious or remotely untrue about Andy.

Secondly it seems Haas was less than happy with Tomic pulling out (for whatever reason) and then voice his frustrations to German TV. He may have been better advised not to bring Andy's supposed "OTT antics" (my words here and not Tommy's) but it is worth pointing out that during the FO when Virginia Wade brought up the observation that Andy could be a little bit OTT (which Greg did little to try and dispel) and then Gasquet gave him some rather dirty looks when he similarly thought there was an element of play acting going on during their match. Are they both overreacting themselves? Well, there's usually no smoke without fire.

Much better following yesterday's defeat for Andy to talk about a "bad day at the office" (again my words not his) and not to go on again about fitness or other issues. I've always said that actions speak louder than words and it's time for Andy to let his tennis do his talking for him. Some decent results between now and the end of the year (assuming of course he's fit for the year end Masters this time round) and all will be come up roses again I hope.

Thank you for the warning but it is not needed. I am well aware of the need to be meticulous when I post anything about Murray. I try to only use direct quotes if possible, only use reputable sources, alway provide links unless PPV (with PPV I always make the source clear so that anyone interest can easily check. It's a shame about The Times being PPV as unlike other papers it often sends the same journalist to a lot of tournaments. This journalist has got to know a lot of the players and can therefore provide a lot of background information) Did you notice that despite this I was still accused of making things up? Huh! As if I would do that.

Like you say Haas isn't the only one who has felt the need to say something. I am sure that anyone who does is aware of the risks involved. Poor Virginia Wade was called "old", "ugly" and the quality of her tennis achievements were brought into question by those who disagreed with he remarks. Poor Rusedski should probably forget about his dreams to be a Davis Cup captain. Also I noticed that Haas had that Wimbledon wildcard safely in his pocket before he opened his mouth. I still feel scared for him when he arrives in London in a couple of weeks...

I havn't got anything to say about Andy's defeat. I'm sure it is being discussed elsewhere?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Thu 14 Jun 2012, 5:36 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:Has anyone who thinks Andy is a drama queen could give examples bar the recent 2 French Opens?

I doubt they can, or at the very least not for many years. Murray expresses everything for the world to see. On the rare occasions he's injured, we know about it. On the occasions he's angry, we know about it. When he's frustrated with his serve or a particular shot that isn't working, we know about it. He expresses it all.

I'd rather we didn't know about it all as I think he'd be better off suppressing all of those emotions. But he is who he is I guess. None of us can claim any injury is him exaggerating as we simply don't know!

As for Lendl not having a great impact so far, I'm not sure how we can judge that yet. He is there to help Andy win a slam, no more no less. So far, only one of the three he can realistically win have been played. In that slam, some progress was made as he came within a whisker of beating one of the top three in the semis.

Surely we have to wait until at least after Wimbledon to start to asses how the partnership is working?

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Thu 14 Jun 2012, 5:46 pm

legendkillarV2

Bogbrush and Bogbrush jnr gave a first hand, eye witness example right here on this thread. The 2.32pm comment today (14/6/12) to be precise.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 14 Jun 2012, 5:48 pm

Sorry hawkeye but here you are (clear to anyone that you have major problems with Murray and it is an obsession with you which is very odd considering you are a Nadal fan) so really your views are clouded in one-eyed views as we can all see. You point to those that make those points but I have already supplied others who disagree. Now excuse me but if anyone has any right to be peeved it was Jarko Niemenen and he came out with the view that Murray was injured which you ignore. Karlovic and Courier have both suffered the injuries and know the symptoms and signs and both saw the injury as genuine which again you conveniently choose to forget.

If you feel the need to champion the cause of labelling Andy Murray a drama queen then think twice as he has had far fewer medical time outs and no withdrawals from matches unlike your hero so really pack it in will you.

Last edited by CaledonianCraig on Thu 14 Jun 2012, 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Thu 14 Jun 2012, 5:52 pm

I wouldn't worry too much about Haas coming to London Hawkeye. I'm sure if he plays good tennis it will be appreciated.

Anyway from todays papers when questioned on the Haas comments Murray replied :

"I''ve been called many things, from my personality not being exciting enough, being called boring," the Daily Mail quoted Murray, as saying.

Murray reflected that he has faced worse scenarios, including Haas suggesting he hams things up when feeling stiff or sore.

"It was said I was unfit, lazy, faked injuries, all sorts. It''s something that goes hand in hand with playing sport. People criticise you regularly. It''s something you need to deal with. I don''t care about his opinion," he added.

So no big story.

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jun 2012, 6:27 pm

hawkeye wrote:

legendkillarV2

Bogbrush and Bogbrush jnr gave a first hand, eye witness example right here on this thread. The 2.32pm comment today (14/6/12) to be precise.

Wow Queens at 7 years ago.

You really are pathetic.

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Thu 14 Jun 2012, 6:27 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Sorry hawkeye but here you are (openly having admitted you hate Murray) so really your views are clouded in one-eyed views as we can all see. You point to those that make those points but I have already supplied others who disagree. Now excuse me but if anyone has any right to be peeved it was Jarko Niemenen and he came out with the view that Murray was injured which you ignore. Karlovic and Courier have both suffered the injuries and know the symptoms and signs and both saw the injury as genuine which again you conveniently choose to forget.

If you feel the need to champion the cause of labelling Andy Murray a drama queen then think twice as he has had far fewer medical time outs and no withdrawals from matches unlike your hero so really pack it in will you.

Caladonian Craig.

I don't hate Murray and I have certainly never (as you put) openly admitted to hating him. Don't make things up about me. In fact I would appreciate it if you took that comment back.

You are implying that Niemenen, Karlovic and Courier all disagree with what Haas said but you have provided no evidence. Do you think that Haas is lying?

If you were a player having seen some of Murray's matches were he looks to be in agony and then as Haas said "runs around like a cat" what would you make of it? If you were a player and you were scheduled to play Murray it would be wise to have discussed that match in the locker room. If when you were playing, Murray looked as if he was in pain it would be vital that you were aware that it would not affect his cat like running ability. I therfore have no reason to suspect that Haas was lying when he said Murray was being discussed in the locker room. It would be a fantasy to believe players talked about how painful Murray's muscle cramps were and how difficult it must have been for him. Maybe they constantly talk about how nice he is and how much he deserves to win a slam too? Ha ha!

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 14 Jun 2012, 6:38 pm

Firstly, it has nothing at all to do with Haas. The player who I'd accept complaints or comments from is Niemenen and even Gasquet never made an issue of it. As has been said already Haas is talking of locker room tittle tattle a la the snug at The Rovers Return in Coronation Street in the days of Ena Sharples and Albert Tatlock - nothing more and nothing less. But you seem desperate to make something of it. Why? And like I said and can post up a link to the incidents of a certain Mr Nadal with MTO's and such-like because if you are saying Murray is a drama queen then not only is Nadal king of clay then he simply has to be king of drama queens.

As for taking back my comment....errr no. Around 50 anti-Murray topics you have posted on here in bids to discredit him, ridicule him and deride him and you come with history from the old 606 as well. Tell you what. Cut out your daily diatribes against Murray and I may have a rethink.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 14 Jun 2012, 6:56 pm

Edited the post but posters here all know about your obsession.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 14 Jun 2012, 9:11 pm

I guess this blows your thread out of the water hawkeye:-

http://www.iol.co.za/sport/tennis/nadal-defends-good-guy-murray-1.1319493#.T9pFNbV8B8E
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Thu 14 Jun 2012, 9:23 pm

“Andy is a great guy. In my opinion he never does this to bother the opponent. So, that's the most important thing. It's difficult to explain but I really believe in Andy,” said world number two Nadal.
“I think he's a fair guy, a good competitor. I'm 100-percent sure that he was doing nothing to bother the opponent, to take advantage.”

Thanks for the link CC Ok!

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Thu 14 Jun 2012, 9:24 pm

And Hawkeye perhaps you should change the article to 'Everyone but Nadal talking...' Whistle

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 14 Jun 2012, 9:25 pm

Everyone but Nadal, Niemenen and Ljubicic that we know of IMBL. Wink
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Thu 14 Jun 2012, 9:29 pm

Nobody in my gym locker room is talking about Murray.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Thu 14 Jun 2012, 9:30 pm

Indeed CC, indeed Wink

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jun 2012, 9:32 pm

Why I never lydian. They spoke about it in Cricket nets.

I am going to bring up hawkeye next week

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Thu 14 Jun 2012, 9:36 pm

No way LK!

I was stood in a long queue to pay for petrol last night....couldnt believe it, no-one was talking about Murray. Not a soul.
This Haas guy has alot to answer for...I reckon he thinks he's more popular and influential than he is.
Or maybe its just my local ESSO.

Anyway, speaking of popularity...here's one for you...who has the largest fan base and appeal - Djokovic or Murray?
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jun 2012, 9:42 pm

Murray.

Purely because population wise the differences between the UK and Serbia and I don't think the masses here in the UK have not quite embraced him fully yet, though it could change.

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Thu 14 Jun 2012, 9:47 pm

But on a global basis wouldnt more levitate to Djokovic?

I havent compared the number of subscribers to each of their official Facebook pages for some time.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by User 774433 Thu 14 Jun 2012, 9:50 pm

Should I do an article on Murray vs Djokovic on popularity.
I can cover the facebook stats and stuff thumbsup

User 774433

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Thu 14 Jun 2012, 9:53 pm

Seems that right now the biggest Facebook rivalry is in fact (surprise surprise) the one between a couple of guys ranked at Numbers 2 and 3

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2012/06/24/Facebook-Nadal-Federer.aspx

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Thu 14 Jun 2012, 10:05 pm

Nice one lags! Amazing there's only 200 followers difference between them when both are above 10.8million.
Might be interesting IMBL...Facebook, Twitter followers, offical site members, YouTube official channel members, etc.

Clearly Nadal and Federer are the most popular (I think)...but I couldnt call it between Murray and Djokovic although my gut instinct is that Novak is more popular given IMO he's a more positive character out on court.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 20 Jun 2012, 8:18 am

Can we now add Stan Wawrinka to an ever-growing list of those not talking about Murray in the locker room? Speaking during The Boodles tournament at Stoke Park when asked of Murray's chances:-

Tipsarevic and Wawrinka entertained guests in the Players’ Enclosure ahead of their match, taking questions from those enjoying a sumptuous lunch, courtesy of Stoke Park’s award-winning chefs. Both players were asked, amongst other things, about whether they thought Murray could win a grand slam. Both of them answered with an unequivocal “Yes” - an answer which proved very popular with the crowd. “I think so and I hope so,” said Wawrinka. “He’s a great guy and a great player.”
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed 20 Jun 2012, 11:00 am

CaledonianCraig wrote:Can we now add Stan Wawrinka to an ever-growing list of those not talking about Murray in the locker room? Speaking during The Boodles tournament at Stoke Park when asked of Murray's chances:-

Tipsarevic and Wawrinka entertained guests in the Players’ Enclosure ahead of their match, taking questions from those enjoying a sumptuous lunch, courtesy of Stoke Park’s award-winning chefs. Both players were asked, amongst other things, about whether they thought Murray could win a grand slam. Both of them answered with an unequivocal “Yes” - an answer which proved very popular with the crowd. “I think so and I hope so,” said Wawrinka. “He’s a great guy and a great player.”

Go on Craig, admit that you put this up for a laugh didn't you?

I am crossing my fingers that you don't really think anyone is going to stand up in such an event and say anything meaningful.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Jun 2012, 11:18 am

You can still be a great guy and a drama queen Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed 20 Jun 2012, 11:22 am

legendkillarV2 wrote:You can still be a great guy and a drama queen Very Happy
Yes, you certainly can!
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 20 Jun 2012, 1:52 pm

Yup just look at Federer with all those crocodile tears on losing a slam final. Was he auditioning for a part in a 2012 version of 'The Love Story'. But of course that does not make him a drama queen and same goes for Murray.

And bogbrush are you saying someone had a gun pointed at Wawrinka's head to coax him into that last sentence. Simple enough for him to say yes and leave it at that but obviously he added what he felt.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 20 Jun 2012, 2:01 pm

Tommy Haas for me has a better backhand than Djokovic and Murray.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 20 Jun 2012, 2:02 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Both players were asked, amongst other things, about whether they thought Murray could win a grand slam. Both of them answered with an unequivocal “Yes” - an answer which proved very popular with the crowd. “I think so and I hope so,” said Wawrinka. “He’s a great guy and a great player.”

Then they rushed back to the locker room to continue the discussion. Everyone in the locker room is so desperate for Andy to win a slam they talk of little else.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Jun 2012, 2:03 pm

CC,

The point BB is making in terms to the comments is that on the eve of the Slam in Murray's country, players are not likely to make negative comments about Murray. This would lead to booing before the player had even hit a ball in anger. The crowd are a source of support so I don't think anyone is going to be saying anything negative about a home favourite.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 20 Jun 2012, 2:04 pm

This topic title really needs to be changed as in its current format it is inappropriate. Why not change it to Tommy Haas is talking about Murray. Seems about the only one that is.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 20 Jun 2012, 2:05 pm

Murray must become a wrestler, bulk up his rib cage, and win the Summerslam in August.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed 20 Jun 2012, 2:07 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Yup just look at Federer with all those crocodile tears on losing a slam final. Was he auditioning for a part in a 2012 version of 'The Love Story'. But of course that does not make him a drama queen and same goes for Murray.

And bogbrush are you saying someone had a gun pointed at Wawrinka's head to coax him into that last sentence. Simple enough for him to say yes and leave it at that but obviously he added what he felt.
I think getting really emotional is a different thing from making a drama out of nothing. I'm quite happy to call it "being a big girls blouse" if you want a derogatory phrase, but it's not the same as being a drama queen.

As for what Stan said, you're seriously inviting us to think that at a "sumptuous lunch", asked whether Murray could win a Slam any other response was rational or socially reasonable? I mean, the answer "proved very popular with the crowd". He may very well think what he said, but what other answer would any normal human being give?

Sometimes you come across as really desperate Craig.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next