The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England Left Wing for the Second Test

+2
jeffwinger
robshaw4england
6 posters

Go down

Who would you pick on the left wing for the Second test?

England Left Wing for the Second Test Vote_lcap32%England Left Wing for the Second Test Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 8 ]
England Left Wing for the Second Test Vote_lcap8%England Left Wing for the Second Test Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]
England Left Wing for the Second Test Vote_lcap24%England Left Wing for the Second Test Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 6 ]
England Left Wing for the Second Test Vote_lcap0%England Left Wing for the Second Test Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
England Left Wing for the Second Test Vote_lcap36%England Left Wing for the Second Test Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 25

England Left Wing for the Second Test Empty England Left Wing for the Second Test

Post by robshaw4england Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:46 pm

Who would you pick? Assuming Ashton is playing on the right wing and Foden is at full back.

robshaw4england

Back to top Go down

England Left Wing for the Second Test Empty Re: England Left Wing for the Second Test

Post by jeffwinger Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:02 pm

I'd go with Joseph I think. But I'd encourage him and Manu to switch it up during the game, mixing and matching at 11 and 13. I expect SL to play both Flood and Farrell at 10/12 in whatever combo, so I haven't considered the Manu/JJ centre possibility. However if they do play together in the centres I have no idea who I'd pick from the 3 wingers.

Monye has SA experience and a solid all round game, but doesn't offer much spark any more. Wade is pretty much the opposite, having all the excitement factor but shakey defence and kicking, and no experience. Strettle will be best accustomed to the systems and would probably slot in to the side easiest but he has had all the creativity drilled out of him by Saracens and England.

The other option would be Goode at fullback and Foden at 11, which given the relative success of the Brown/Foden experiment could work. I think we'll see Goode at 22 though.

jeffwinger

Back to top Go down

England Left Wing for the Second Test Empty Re: England Left Wing for the Second Test

Post by kingelderfield Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:19 pm

Has everyone gone mad?

Wings play on the wing and centres play in the centre.

Moyne to start with Wade on the Bench for late on when everyones knackered.

Lots of stupid rubbish coming from the coaches.

Fact is the initial wing selection was crap. From those available;

Care, Flood, Monye, JTH, Manu, Ashton & Foden.

If Farrell or Strettle are anywhere near the 22 then Lancaster is an A%$E and we can forget about really developing another world beating squad.

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:49 pm

If Wade gets into the test side in the next year I won't stop sobbing for a week. For every try he'd score (& he would) he'd concede 3 - not a serious consideration currently. Ickle he aint, let him practise his defense for his club.

Strettle or Monye I'm afraid.
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:04 pm

jeffwinger wrote:I'd go with Joseph I think. But I'd encourage him and Manu to switch it up during the game, mixing and matching at 11 and 13. I expect SL to play both Flood and Farrell at 10/12 in whatever combo, so I haven't considered the Manu/JJ centre possibility. However if they do play together in the centres I have no idea who I'd pick from the 3 wingers.

Monye has SA experience and a solid all round game, but doesn't offer much spark any more. Wade is pretty much the opposite, having all the excitement factor but shakey defence and kicking, and no experience. Strettle will be best accustomed to the systems and would probably slot in to the side easiest but he has had all the creativity drilled out of him by Saracens and England.

The other option would be Goode at fullback and Foden at 11, which given the relative success of the Brown/Foden experiment could work. I think we'll see Goode at 22 though.

That explains Farrell's utter lack of creativity then.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by anotherworldofpain Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:38 pm

kingelderfield wrote:Has everyone gone mad?

Wings play on the wing and centres play in the centre.

Moyne to start with Wade on the Bench for late on when everyones knackered.

Lots of stupid rubbish coming from the coaches.

Fact is the initial wing selection was crap. From those available;

Care, Flood, Monye, JTH, Manu, Ashton & Foden.

If Farrell or Strettle are anywhere near the 22 then Lancaster is an A%$E and we can forget about really developing another world beating squad.

They steal the ideas from Wayne Smith. Two full backs, center on the wing. But they don't know why he make this changes and they just copy for a stupid copy. Silly foolish and throwing away the game.

anotherworldofpain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down