The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mahut sends Murray packing in the 2nd round

+4
hawkeye
CaledonianCraig
laverfan
invisiblecoolers
8 posters

Go down

Mahut sends Murray packing in the 2nd round Empty Mahut sends Murray packing in the 2nd round

Post by invisiblecoolers Wed 13 Jun 2012, 8:11 pm

The Marathon Man Mahut sends Murray packing in the second round, we were talking Murray as a strong challanger if not a contender for the upcoming Wimbledon but here you go yet another early loss. What is the main problem for Murray these days? Focus or lack of stamina, or the changes made to his game?

Lendl partnership started very well but didn't improve him any bit indeed for me it looks like Murray is losing confidence but I wish he does well in Wimbledon forgetting the disaster.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Mahut sends Murray packing in the 2nd round Empty Re: Mahut sends Murray packing in the 2nd round

Post by laverfan Wed 13 Jun 2012, 8:18 pm

Nore Staat has posted the following... (missed the link - https://www.606v2.com/t30839p50-queens-halle-thread )

Nore Staat wrote:
Murray at Queens
2008 QF
2009 winner
2010 3rd round
2011 winner
2012 2nd round

Murray at Wimbledon
2008 QF
2009 SF
2010 SF
2011 SF
2012 ???

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Mahut sends Murray packing in the 2nd round Empty Re: Mahut sends Murray packing in the 2nd round

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 13 Jun 2012, 8:20 pm

Yet another early loss? Well we know he doesn't do early losses any more in slams so if early losses come in ATP250 events then I am not too fussed. Besides, be honest, he would have got no credit from posters here if he had won Queens. The line would have been something like 'Oh he only won because it was a rubbish field and lets see what he does at Wimbledon'. So yes let us see how he does at Wimbledon. Three semis on the bounce there is impressive .
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Wed 13 Jun 2012, 8:33 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:Yet another early loss? Well we know he doesn't do early losses any more in slams so if early losses come in ATP250 events then I am not too fussed. Besides, be honest, he would have got no credit from posters here if he had won Queens. The line would have been something like 'Oh he only won because it was a rubbish field and lets see what he does at Wimbledon'. So yes let us see how he does at Wimbledon. Three semis on the bounce there is impressive .

CC Murray's standard is so high, that winning a Queens event is not a surprise but if he losses early like he did yes its a surprise, if you are a Murray fan you have to be happy that people believe in him that he is not a guy to lose early in Queens and hence it does come as a surprise. thumbsup

@ LF, thats a nice stats thanks to NS Hug , I really would like to see Murray in finals, most probably it will be him vs. Rafa in the semi's having beaten Rafa in two hardcourt semi's Murray can do it in grass, but the problem is Rafa plays this grass very well and it won't be easy on him.

If you question me how am I so sure Murray would be in Rafa's draw? well lets discuss that in your other thread of Draw rigged laughing .

I am expecting a Djoko - Fed semi's in the Wimbledon, and Fed.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 13 Jun 2012, 8:41 pm

invisiblecoolers wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:Yet another early loss? Well we know he doesn't do early losses any more in slams so if early losses come in ATP250 events then I am not too fussed. Besides, be honest, he would have got no credit from posters here if he had won Queens. The line would have been something like 'Oh he only won because it was a rubbish field and lets see what he does at Wimbledon'. So yes let us see how he does at Wimbledon. Three semis on the bounce there is impressive .

CC Murray's standard is so high, that winning a Queens event is not a surprise but if he losses early like he did yes its a surprise, if you are a Murray fan you have to be happy that people believe in him that he is not a guy to lose early in Queens and hence it does come as a surprise. thumbsup

@ LF, thats a nice stats thanks to NS Hug , I really would like to see Murray in finals, most probably it will be him vs. Rafa in the semi's having beaten Rafa in two hardcourt semi's Murray can do it in grass, but the problem is Rafa plays this grass very well and it won't be easy on him.

If you question me how am I so sure Murray would be in Rafa's draw? well lets discuss that in your other thread of Draw rigged laughing .

I am expecting a Djoko - Fed semi's in the Wimbledon, and Fed.

Yes it will more than likely be Murray V Nadal in the semis if Andy gets there. Last year Andy had Nadal on the ropes and let it slip but it is pretty clear Nadal is a bad match up for Andy. A better match up for him in the semi in my opinion would be Djokovic or even Federer. Similarly, at the moment (on anything but clay), Djokovic is a bad match up for Nadal and Nadal is a bad match up for Federer. Sadly, Andy will have to make the best of a bad match up at Wimbledon.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Jun 2012, 9:01 pm

Having watched the match, I wanted to throw my shoe at the TV. I really thought he had the match after the TB. Break early in the 3rd.

I still think maybe if he drops a bit of pace of the first serve and get the ball into play might yield some cheap points. On Grass to which the surface could easily help with absorbing less pace and yet make more effective shot on the serve.

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Wed 13 Jun 2012, 9:10 pm

laverfan wrote:Nore Staat has posted the following... (missed the link - https://www.606v2.com/t30839p50-queens-halle-thread )

Nore Staat wrote:
Murray at Queens
2008 QF
2009 winner
2010 3rd round
2011 winner
2012 2nd round

Murray at Wimbledon
2008 QF
2009 SF
2010 SF
2011 SF
2012 ???

These statistics clearly indicate that Murray is going to win Wimbledon without losing a set.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 13 Jun 2012, 9:13 pm

hawkeye wrote:
laverfan wrote:Nore Staat has posted the following... (missed the link - https://www.606v2.com/t30839p50-queens-halle-thread )

Nore Staat wrote:
Murray at Queens
2008 QF
2009 winner
2010 3rd round
2011 winner
2012 2nd round

Murray at Wimbledon
2008 QF
2009 SF
2010 SF
2011 SF
2012 ???

These statistics clearly indicate that Murray is going to win Wimbledon without losing a set.

I wouldn't say that but does show he is one of the best grass court players in the world.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Wed 13 Jun 2012, 9:52 pm

His grass court play is very impressive, I remember the 2009 Semi-final loss to Andy Roddick, till that match Murray was playing a scary tennis and with Nadal out he was more than expected to reach finals and people even expected him to lift the cup.

Honestly if not for Andy [Roddick] magic in the semi's Murray had a great chance that year, after that its kinda a bit disappointing from him, hope he raises his level this year around.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Wed 13 Jun 2012, 10:15 pm

I think Murray will have a good wimbeldon. I actually think the toughest match for murray at wimby would be Roger. For some reason in big matches Andy has played particularly poorly against Roger. Roger seems to read Andy's second well and attack it which is something he has been doing more of recently. And in the Murray and Roger matches I have seen this has given him a lot of problems. Where as Murray conversly has a much harder time dealing with Roger's serve on the grass.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Wed 13 Jun 2012, 10:23 pm

Losing at Queens means jacksh#t nowadays, as the surfaces at Queens and at Wimbledon just aren't the same as was the case back in the good old days of Pete Sampras and Tim Henman in the 1990's. The slower surface at Wimbledon suits Murray more than it does Mahut, so should Murray play Mahut at Wimbledon, Murray would destroy Mahut.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom_____ Wed 13 Jun 2012, 11:54 pm

gboycottnut wrote:Losing at Queens means jacksh#t nowadays, as the surfaces at Queens and at Wimbledon just aren't the same as was the case back in the good old days of Pete Sampras and Tim Henman in the 1990's. The slower surface at Wimbledon suits Murray more than it does Mahut, so should Murray play Mahut at Wimbledon, Murray would destroy Mahut.

The grass mix is still the same at Queens as it used to be as far as i know, whereas the grass used at wimbledon is more durable now (can't remember, think its 100% rye now after 2001?) which grows more vertically and slows the ball more, rather than letting it slide through. The biggest change wimbledon made was also after 2001? when the subbase was changed to a harder type to help eliminate bad bounces and increase durability. This also had the effect of truer, higher bounces that were more consistent and paved the way for how champions now play on the surface. I don't know if Queens followed suit, but i didn't think they bothered. Hence Queens as far as i am aware still plays quite similarly to that of old, bar the fluffy, softer balls used across todays game.

Tom_____

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Thu 14 Jun 2012, 12:10 am

If only Wimbledon plays faster like Queens how fun it would be to get the variety in tennis back, this year RG played really slow and we saw how dominant Rafa is when thats the case and I hope to see Wimbledon play faster and see how dominant Roger would be in it.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Eskay Thu 14 Jun 2012, 6:06 am

The positives from this loss are that the pressure of expectation might be less at Wimbledon. Negatives - less match practice. But, it cannot be said that his confidence has been jolted.

Eskay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down