The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carl Froch vs Chavez Jr

+11
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Mr Bounce
seanmichaels
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
bellchees
UpandUnder
Sir. badgerhands
bhb001
davidemore
15 posters

Go down

Carl Froch vs Chavez Jr Empty Carl Froch vs Chavez Jr

Post by davidemore Fri 15 Jun 2012, 5:25 am

This is the fight i want to happen and here are some reasons why it should happen.

1. It be a HUGE fight, for all his faults Chavez does come forward and we know Carl loves a ruck. Plus, he is a draw, sadly.
2. Chavez Jr will announce he is moving up to Super Middle after the Lee fight. He does not want Martinez and comes in at cruiserwieght on fight night. He will move up.
3. All the networks would want the fight and there would be a belt on the line.
4. Carl Froch is there to be hit, and Freddie Roach would sense that as weakness and fancy his man.
5. There are only so many excuses Chavez can come up with for ducking the big middleweight fight.
6. Froch fights like a Mexican. Mexicans love that.

Thoughts?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Carl Froch vs Chavez Jr Empty Re: Carl Froch vs Chavez Jr

Post by bhb001 Fri 15 Jun 2012, 5:44 am

Reasonable summary, I'd say, but Chavez Jr has not yet, in the eyes of may, proven himself, so I doubt it would be that big a draw in this country. Plus I think roch is too high risk for him

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Fri 15 Jun 2012, 9:01 am

Would be more of a one-sided than the Bute fight was.

Froch would destroy JC, but I don't see the fight happening.

If Froch beats Kessler, I wouldn't be surprised if he angled for another Ward fight and then retired.

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by UpandUnder Fri 15 Jun 2012, 9:31 am

As i sit in work with a stinking hangover from last night...thinking about how much i hate chavez jr and how sweet it would be to watch froch trade with him is getting me through the morning

UpandUnder

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Fri 15 Jun 2012, 10:03 am

This would be one sided like you wouldn't believe, lets hope it happens.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Fri 15 Jun 2012, 10:11 am

Let this thought guide you upandunder!

It be great if it happened, Froch would destroy him but he'd come to fight. JC would never come to the UK though, wouldn't matter anyway. Put him in a Mexican drug lords basement against Chavez with his dad reffing it and he'd get pancaked.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Fri 15 Jun 2012, 10:12 am

Quick question slightly unrelated to the thread.

I have only just started using this site after some time away, but what's happened to Coxy and D4?

Seems to be a few guys missing. Apologies for the unrelated question.

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Fri 15 Jun 2012, 10:15 am

Good point Sir Badger, not sure to be honest.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 15 Jun 2012, 10:30 am

Sir. badgerhands wrote:Quick question slightly unrelated to the thread.

I have only just started using this site after some time away, but what's happened to Coxy and D4?

Seems to be a few guys missing. Apologies for the unrelated question.

D4 got the heave ho for spamming too many threads with his Manny love. Coxy left for a new job, I believe, and said he wouldn't be able to post much. Either that, or they were one and the same person which wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 15 Jun 2012, 10:30 am

Badger D4 was doing his usual of writing 40 threads a day about who has the best taste in cheese between Manny and Floyd or some such so a decision was made to put one thread up called Manny news to cut down on repetition but ensure he could discuss Manny to his hearts content but he did not think this was fair so left, of his own choice I should add.

Coxy said he was going to have to leave the boards in a couple of months so it was his intention to be a complete tool for the time he had left so he was banned before he got chance.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 15 Jun 2012, 10:32 am

rowley wrote:Badger D4 was doing his usual of writing 40 threads a day about who has the best taste in cheese between Manny and Floyd or some such so a decision was made to put one thread up called Manny news to cut down on repetition but ensure he could discuss Manny to his hearts content but he did not think this was fair so left, of his own choice I should add.

Coxy said he was going to have to leave the boards in a couple of months so it was his intention to be a complete tool for the time he had left so he was banned before he got chance.

I sit corrected then, jeff. I always thought Windy had removed him.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 15 Jun 2012, 10:39 am

You may well be right tina, was a bit before my time as a mod, I know he was given a number of chances and was banned at least once so maybe his final one was at Windy's hand, remarkable when you consider how many people windy banned that still nobody had a bad word to say about him. I have banned virtually nobody and everyone still thinks I'm a tool.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 15 Jun 2012, 10:43 am

rowley wrote:You may well be right tina, was a bit before my time as a mod, I know he was given a number of chances and was banned at least once so maybe his final one was at Windy's hand, remarkable when you consider how many people windy banned that still nobody had a bad word to say about him. I have banned virtually nobody and everyone still thinks I'm a tool.

Windy was a gent, for sure.

People will come round to the idea of your new found power, Jeff. It took Union a while to realise that a new badge doesn't automatically equate to more respect...

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 15 Jun 2012, 10:45 am

Yeah but union has his charming borderline autism to fall back on. Against this the occasional overlong thread about fighters nobody has ever heard of hardly compares.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 15 Jun 2012, 10:50 am

rowley wrote:Yeah but union has his charming borderline autism to fall back on. Against this the occasional overlong thread about fighters nobody has ever heard of hardly compares.

What a very diplomatic description of Union.

Keep the threads coming Jeff. The last one got into double figures, right?

I have been writing a 'boxing heroes' thread about Georges Charpentier but haven't got round to finishing it yet.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 15 Jun 2012, 10:52 am

Kid Norfolk is next, am off work this afternoon so may finally get moving on it, he fought Harry greb so people may actually have heard of him, I may be wildly optimistic but am hoping 15 responses may be within reach

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Fri 15 Jun 2012, 10:58 am

Rowley, Tino thanks for the goss.

I miss D4, he was as mad as a box of frogs but he made me chuckle!!

Davidemore, my heartfelt apologies for sidetracking your thread.

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 15 Jun 2012, 11:02 am

Did davidemore ever explain the overdose?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 15 Jun 2012, 11:03 am

Sir. badgerhands wrote:Rowley, Tino thanks for the goss.

You're welcome Badger. Glad you're back by the way, your wit and input was missed on here buddy.

Apart from your hissy fit with Kev yesterday. Not very becoming of you that one mate...

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 15 Jun 2012, 11:29 am

This won't happen. Hopefully Lee for all his limitations will shock the Mexican world by removing Junior's belt...

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Fri 15 Jun 2012, 11:57 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Sir. badgerhands wrote:Rowley, Tino thanks for the goss.

You're welcome Badger. Glad you're back by the way, your wit and input was missed on here buddy.

Apart from your hissy fit with Kev yesterday. Not very becoming of you that one mate...

Cheers Tino.

Hissy fit with Kev? Who's Kev? Shocked

You got the wrong Badger guv, barking down the wrong hole!! Smile

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 15 Jun 2012, 12:05 pm

Would love this fight to happen as Chavez will get KOed

Lee doesn't have the physical strength or the stamina to hold off chavez so will eventually get walked down to a UD loss

Chavez hasn't fought anyone yet with middleweight power and has been dragged into deep waters by smaller men than froch like Zbik and Rubio

Froch has fairly heavy hands, good stamina and a granite chin. Unless Chavez develops more power as he goes up he won't win

Chavez reminds me of cleverly. They are tall and have quick hands so should be good on the outside but yet revert to a brawler style even though they don't have world class power but have good chins and high workrate

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 15 Jun 2012, 12:06 pm

Regardless of who he fights after Lee and I don't think it will be Froch he needs to be moved up soon. It can't be good for him draining himself so much.

I feel a bit sorry for him he has 2 very big voices and egos around him in his dad and Arum. I don't think he gets much of a say in what is going on. I'm not justifying him ducking Martinez he needs to stand up and make his views heard.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 15 Jun 2012, 12:32 pm

Sir. badgerhands wrote:
Cheers Tino.

I was only messing mate. You and TopHat were arguing with SugarRayRussell yesterday. He is the artist formerly known as PrettyBoyKev.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 15 Jun 2012, 12:42 pm

Sir. badgerhands wrote:
Cheers Tino.

I was only messing mate. You and TopHat were arguing with SugarRayRussell yesterday. He is the artist formerly known as PrettyBoyKev.

I'm still pretty and I'm just a lot sweeter now. Wink
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 15 Jun 2012, 12:46 pm

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:

So I hear. I am still stuck with the vision of a grouchy Scotsman in some Louis Vuitton pajamas!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 15 Jun 2012, 12:56 pm

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:

So I hear. I am still stuck with the vision of a grouchy Scotsman in some Louis Vuitton pajamas!

I'm not grouchy I have love for everyone I'm a lover of the herbs mate we don't do war we do love and peace. I just hate people twisting what I have said. The distinction between a fact and an opinion is lost on some people.

The pyjamas are so comfy!
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 15 Jun 2012, 1:08 pm

This would be a great fight and one i fully expect Forch to win at 168. Chavez is literally just a swinging bulldozer IMO. I keep hearing he is improving but I saw nothing of that in the Rubio fight. Fight can't really happen though, Froch would be mad to go to America and fight him and Junior will never leave to come to UK.

Re Coxy. He returned as two ton the other day to pay respects to Windy.
I spoke to D4 on Boxingscene the other week, he wishes us well and is harrassing them in exactly the same manner a she did with this board

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Fri 15 Jun 2012, 1:13 pm

Sir. badgerhands wrote:
Cheers Tino.

A slight differing of views.

He won me over when when he told me about his Gucci sheets and Louis Vuitton pj's and I realized he was 606V2's very own Liberace!!

Only kidding SugarRay Smile

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 15 Jun 2012, 1:24 pm

Sir. badgerhands wrote:
Sir. badgerhands wrote:
Cheers Tino.

A slight differing of views.

He won me over when when he told me about his Gucci sheets and Louis Vuitton pj's and I realized he was 606V2's very own Liberace!!

Only kidding SugarRay Smile

I've been called worse than Liberace by my own son mate it's cool. thumbsup
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 15 Jun 2012, 2:33 pm

This fight is as likely to happen as the roses still being together when rowley visits Heaton park.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Fri 15 Jun 2012, 3:47 pm

seanmichaels wrote:This fight is as likely to happen as the roses still being together when rowley visits Heaton park.
laughing

More chance of Froch defeating Ward and peeling off his skin to reveal that he is actually a busty platinum blonde and then getting it on with his delightful Mrs in the middle of the ring than the Roses staying together!!

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 15 Jun 2012, 3:57 pm

Sir. badgerhands wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:This fight is as likely to happen as the roses still being together when rowley visits Heaton park.
laughing

More chance of Froch defeating Ward and peeling off his skin to reveal that he is actually a busty platinum blonde and then getting it on with his delightful Mrs in the middle of the ring than the Roses staying together!!

Trouble at the Amsterdam gig.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 15 Jun 2012, 3:59 pm

I can't wait to see Chavez's fate in a year or 2. It won't be long until he can't make the MW limit and when he moves up he's in trouble!

There are so many good SMW and they'll be lining up to make a name for themselves!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Fri 15 Jun 2012, 4:23 pm

I heard Remi had stormed off stage after Mr Brown was rather mean to him.

Delicate, these rock stars.

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 15 Jun 2012, 4:44 pm

So cruel some folk on here, the thought anyone would want to see something I have waited 21 years for to be cruelly taken from me when it is in touching distance is just mean spirited.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 15 Jun 2012, 4:58 pm

Heres Ian Brown calling Reni a 'not very nice name'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzPzIkUTWAI

Its all sorted now though from what iv read

Im sure itl all be fine for you Rowley I hope it happens as you know I am not a mean spirited person

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Fri 15 Jun 2012, 5:06 pm

Think I'm in the minority on here who think JCC jnr may turn out a bit better than hes given credit for but this one would be a step too far.. Davide I haven't quite figured it out yet but are you a Froch fan or not?

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 15 Jun 2012, 5:07 pm

Can't bring myself to watch it Steffan, can't allow any negativity to interfere with my excitement, have just been watching Resurrection on youtube though, keeps out any talk of arguments or the possibility of it all going belly up. Appreciate your positivity though Steffan, even allowed me to find your Swedish flag amusing.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 15 Jun 2012, 5:29 pm

Rowley are you going to see the Roses? I'm going to Heaton Park on 1st of July to see them the Mrs got me the tickets for my birthday.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Fri 15 Jun 2012, 6:37 pm

He hopes his seeing them prior to them having a massive huff and splitting until bankrupt again. Smile

Sorry Rowley.

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 16 Jun 2012, 9:30 am

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:Rowley are you going to see the Roses? I'm going to Heaton Park on 1st of July to see them the Mrs got me the tickets for my birthday.

Yes mate am there on the Friday, so less than two weeks now, mega excited, you've got a good mrs mate any woman who gets you roses tickets is a definite keeper

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jun 2012, 1:04 pm

Sir. badgerhands wrote:I heard Remi had stormed off stage after Mr Brown was rather mean to him.

Delicate, these rock stars.

Reni, you mean ?! I've got my ticket and assume there are more 606ers going...quite cool seeing folks walking round with their Roses t-shirts!
I know this isn't boxing related and I would welcome a ban.Cheers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 16 Jun 2012, 2:15 pm

andygf wrote:
I know this isn't boxing related and I would welcome a ban.Cheers.

Tough, you're not having one.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sat 16 Jun 2012, 2:27 pm

rowley wrote:
SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:Rowley are you going to see the Roses? I'm going to Heaton Park on 1st of July to see them the Mrs got me the tickets for my birthday.

Yes mate am there on the Friday, so less than two weeks now, mega excited, you've got a good mrs mate any woman who gets you roses tickets is a definite keeper

She's done alright for herself for herself mate. Very Happy

I can't wait I'm like a kid at Christmas. The good thing is they don't have a new album to plug so it will just be the classics. I got stung by the Cure with that, £60 and they basically came out and played the album they had just released then left. They never even did Lovecats! I travelled all the way down to London for that as well! I was not a happy boy!
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down