The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adamek vs Chambers - What Next for the Winner?

4 posters

Go down

Adamek vs Chambers - What Next for the Winner? Empty Adamek vs Chambers - What Next for the Winner?

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 15 Jun 2012, 4:02 pm

The fight is this weekend.

I always have time for Adamek as he tries his best in every fight. Chambers has been rather elusive since his boring show against Wlad which ended in a last gasp KO.

Adamek has been comprehensively beaten by Vitali whilst Chambers has suffered the same fate to Wlad so should the winner fight the Klit they haven't yet fought?

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Adamek vs Chambers - What Next for the Winner? Empty Re: Adamek vs Chambers - What Next for the Winner?

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Fri 15 Jun 2012, 4:05 pm

Vitali is "Klitting" after his next fight isnt he?

Perhaps winner can get Wlad (again for Chambers eh but Wlad doesn't seem to mind recycling opponents), or Povetkin? oh and of course Audley.

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Adamek vs Chambers - What Next for the Winner? Empty Re: Adamek vs Chambers - What Next for the Winner?

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 15 Jun 2012, 4:10 pm

Another beating off a Klitscko would be my guess.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 15 Jun 2012, 4:16 pm

I didn't know Vitali had officially announced it but no one can begrudge him for calling it a day.

Also - When Vitali retires and Wlad likely wins the WBC strap to be unified champ, do you think he'll be able to remain unified i.e. please all 4 bodies with each fight?

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Fri 15 Jun 2012, 4:23 pm

Are we including the Diamond belt in that... :/

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 15 Jun 2012, 4:26 pm

BallchinianMuffwig wrote:Are we including the Diamond belt in that... :/

Yes and not forgetting:

Champion Emeritus
Interim
Inter-Continental
Ex-Soviet State Strap

Doesn't Wlad also insist on wearing some other cruddy albabet strap?

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 15 Jun 2012, 4:28 pm

Seeing as when Vit retires Wlad holds all belts due to him making the most money and all the organisations turn a blind eye to the silly rules they have on mandatories etc. due to good old sanctioning fees.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 15 Jun 2012, 4:29 pm

I'm not sure Vitali is definitely retiring. I think they have took a soft touch to test the waters and see if he still has it because he looked like he was past it against Chisora.

Chisora did OK but Vitali looked slow and clumsy which isn't like him. His punches never seemed to have the same snap in them either.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 15 Jun 2012, 4:38 pm

His punches haven't had an awful lot of snap in them for a little while now. I think part of it (As unpopular as this statement maybe) was Chisoras good performance and commitment and effort he put into his gameplan.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 15 Jun 2012, 4:55 pm

I haven't seen a lot of Vitali's early fights but he seems to have poor technique in how his hands land as he doesn't seem to connect solidly and appear at an angle different to what they should be to deliver the best power.

It was during the Briggs fight I noticed it a lot. Does anyone else share this view?

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Fri 15 Jun 2012, 4:56 pm

Vitali looked past it I didn't see much that Chisora done that could trouble Vitali if he was on form. he gave it a go but a decent Vitali would have battered him imo.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 15 Jun 2012, 5:15 pm

I think Vitali has looked past it for years.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 15 Jun 2012, 5:16 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:I haven't seen a lot of Vitali's early fights but he seems to have poor technique in how his hands land as he doesn't seem to connect solidly and appear at an angle different to what they should be to deliver the best power.

It was during the Briggs fight I noticed it a lot. Does anyone else share this view?

Agree, and even before that personally.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down