The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LaDainian Tomlinson to retire a Charger

+3
Thomond
GurTPL
CFCNick
7 posters

Go down

LaDainian Tomlinson to retire a Charger Empty LaDainian Tomlinson to retire a Charger

Post by CFCNick Sun 17 Jun 2012, 4:17 pm

The San Diego Chargers announced that LaDanainian Tomlinson will sign with the team and immediately announce his retirement on Monday. Just a couple weeks before his 33rd birthday.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

LaDainian Tomlinson to retire a Charger Empty Re: LaDainian Tomlinson to retire a Charger

Post by GurTPL Sun 17 Jun 2012, 7:22 pm

Five years until he's being fitted for a gold jacket, then.

GurTPL

http://pullinglinemen.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

LaDainian Tomlinson to retire a Charger Empty Re: LaDainian Tomlinson to retire a Charger

Post by Thomond Sun 17 Jun 2012, 7:24 pm

An outstanding running back who could do it all. He has thrown for a few TDs too. I think he could still be useful but maybe not as a starter, which is probably what he wants.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by GurTPL Sun 17 Jun 2012, 7:55 pm

I dunno bout that, he pretty much took on a third-down role with the Jets last season and was only a part-time starter the year before... I think he would have accepted a lesser role IF it was a team he thought was gonna win the Super Bowl this year - I'm sure that was a major consideration in him signing with the Jets in the first place. I just don't think there were any real contenders out there that would have offered him a spot, and that's why he's decided to hang up the cleats.

GurTPL

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Sun 17 Jun 2012, 8:07 pm

Thomond wrote:An outstanding running back who could do it all. He has thrown for a few TDs too. I think he could still be useful but maybe not as a starter, which is probably what he wants.

75% completion rate and 7 passing TD's!!

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder and lightning Mon 18 Jun 2012, 12:41 am

GurTPL wrote:I just don't think there were any real contenders out there that would have offered him a spot, and that's why he's decided to hang up the cleats.

I actually thought he'd be a nice fit for the Pats for a 3rd down back. They'll be contenders again and he could add to the offense that is currently lacking in the RB position.

thunder and lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by GurTPL Mon 18 Jun 2012, 12:48 am

thunder and lightning wrote:
GurTPL wrote:I just don't think there were any real contenders out there that would have offered him a spot, and that's why he's decided to hang up the cleats.

I actually thought he'd be a nice fit for the Pats for a 3rd down back. They'll be contenders again and he could add to the offense that is currently lacking in the RB position.

I get where you're coming from, though I think if BB was going to go for an elderly RB, he'd probably stick with someone he already knows & trusts and just resign Kevin Faulk?

GurTPL

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder and lightning Mon 18 Jun 2012, 12:58 am

GurTPL wrote:
thunder and lightning wrote:

I get where you're coming from, though I think if BB was going to go for an elderly RB, he'd probably stick with someone he already knows & trusts and just resign Kevin Faulk?

Yeah probably, I guess wages would come into it too as I'm guessing Faulk comes alot cheaper than LT, but skill wise its a no brainer. Whilst I said it would be a nice fit it obviously wouldn't happen as the Pat seem to just build with young players at the moment.

thunder and lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon 18 Jun 2012, 1:42 pm

GurTPL wrote:I dunno bout that, he pretty much took on a third-down role with the Jets last season and was only a part-time starter the year before... I think he would have accepted a lesser role IF it was a team he thought was gonna win the Super Bowl this year - I'm sure that was a major consideration in him signing with the Jets in the first place. I just don't think there were any real contenders out there that would have offered him a spot, and that's why he's decided to hang up the cleats.
Didn't he out do Greene in 2010? Plus I think he could contribute as a 3rd down back for pretty much all of the teams in the NFL. Still don't blame him, he said recently he was 95% retired and would only continue playing for the right team, plus lets be honest he probably wouldn't accept the veteran minimum.

Still even without a ring he's destined for the HoF.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Mon 18 Jun 2012, 9:55 pm

Yes he out did Shonn Greene in his first Jets year...

Great player, the best running back during my era watching the game and it will be disappointing to see him go even now that he is not at his best.

Always felt a little wrong once he left the Chargers, so glad to see him back to retire... And on the plus side I got to see LT run for the Chargers in person @ Wembley Very Happy

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down