The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ecw chants

+2
Kenny
Mr Video Man
6 posters

Go down

ecw chants Empty ecw chants

Post by Mr Video Man Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:00 am

i noticed when paul heyman entered the ring on raw last night some people in the crowd started to chant ecw (which i loved by the way. made me remember the good times when wrestling was fun to watch)..... and paul sort of glanced at them as if to say "wow you guys still chant that?" which got me thinking..

why do people still chant ecw whenever anyone associated with that company i.e heyman or raven or sabu or dreamer appear on tv?.

if you have an ex wcw guy or girl come out people dont start chanting wcw wcw wcw. so what makes ecw so much more memorable than any other wrestling organisation? i really doubt that if impact wrestling went out of buisness tomorrow that people would chant tna tna tna in 10+ years time.

i think it was because the guys/girls who worked there were aloud to have more freedom over their gimmicks and you could do whatever you wanted during the match and it was fine.

where as today if you even so much as bleed then on goes the gloves and towel. (usual saturday night for some on this board i bet Wink)
Mr Video Man
Mr Video Man

Back to top Go down

ecw chants Empty Re: ecw chants

Post by Kenny Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:43 am

Does anyone think they will use some of the ECW guys into the HHH / Heyman Brock storyline ? something along the lines of Trips way of forcing Heyman into getting Brock to fight by embarrassing the ECW legacy ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:59 am

I think the WWE One Night Stands helped a lot to bring this cult following into mainstream wrestling as you can guarantee that most who chant it these days won't have been big ECW fans, but the ECW shows managed to create a cult following.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:09 am

ECW had the ECW originals also who came through the ranks. WCW didn't build that many stars up form scratch I feel they took a lot from other organisations. TNA stars like AJ Styles would get TNA chants I feel if they went to any organisation bar the 'E'. TNA does have some stars like AJ for example who are TNA originals in the same way in which the ECW stars were.

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by The Best in the World Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:57 am

during the Chris Brown/Drake bar brawl last week, the crowd could actually be heard chanting, 'ECW!ECW!ECW!.
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

Post by djcc2004 Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:56 am

I swear i heard that chant at the Poland v Russia game the other night...

djcc2004

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down