The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harvin Requests Trade

+3
Leedscowboys
Good Golly I'm Olly
Colan (niner)
7 posters

Go down

Harvin Requests Trade Empty Harvin Requests Trade

Post by Colan (niner) Wed 20 Jun 2012, 2:37 pm

No way the Vikes let him go but I would personally trade him for a 1st round pick if the situation is really bad, hate to see him leave.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d829fada5/article/percy-harvin-requests-a-trade-from-minnesota-vikings?module=HP11_breaking_news

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Harvin Requests Trade Empty Re: Harvin Requests Trade

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 20 Jun 2012, 4:00 pm

Yes Pats bring him in! Imagine Welker, Lloyd, Harvin along with Branch, Edelman, Gaffney and Gronkowski and Hernandez Shocked
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Leedscowboys Wed 20 Jun 2012, 5:16 pm

He is not worth a 1st rounder, he is still on a rookie contract, has yet to put up big numbers, and has suffered with migranes. You would be luck to get a 3rd round for him, more than likely a 4th rounder.
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 20 Jun 2012, 6:40 pm

He has 2 cheap years left and the Vikes have leverage.

They'd ask for 1st.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Wed 20 Jun 2012, 6:44 pm

I'm not saying he is worth a 1st rounder but Vikes would be stupid to accept any less if they wanted to trade him, he put up some good numbers last year, even with health issues

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 20 Jun 2012, 7:36 pm

The Vikes have him under contract for 2 years for peanuts.

They have all the leverage.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Leedscowboys Wed 20 Jun 2012, 8:20 pm

Asking for and getting a 1st is 2 different things, Sanantonio Holmes Pro Bowler and SB WR went for a 5th, Tebow a 6th and he went 15th 2 years ago. RGIII went for 2 1st rounders, Harvin not even close

Sure the Vikes hold the cards, but if Harvin sits out, that 3rd becomes a 5th
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 20 Jun 2012, 8:50 pm

Santonio faced a suspension and was/is an all round pain in the ass.

Tebow was unwanted and his flaws out there for everyone.

RG3 was a completely different deal, no idea why you brought that up.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Leedscowboys Wed 20 Jun 2012, 8:52 pm

RGIII I brought up for value comparison a potential franchise QB was worth 2 1st round picks, so what is a WR with 3 years experience who suffers migranes worth
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 20 Jun 2012, 8:56 pm

Seriously, the 2 aren't remotely close in circumstance.

The Vikes can squat on his rights for 2 years if they wish. Harvin has no leverage here. Vikes have no wish to trade him anyway, why accept less than a 1st.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 20 Jun 2012, 8:57 pm

Yeah for all the Vikes care if Harvin don't want to play, they can just let him rot for two years. No difference to them
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Leedscowboys Wed 20 Jun 2012, 9:13 pm

Olly wrote:Yeah for all the Vikes care if Harvin don't want to play, they can just let him rot for two years. No difference to them

Not really, its business and its all about your worth, if a team can get a cheaper, younger, better replacement, they will a 3rd round is a solid pick, the Vikes could draft with that player to parley it with an additional pick(s) to move up and draft a better player, their 2nd and a 3rd could move them back into the 1st rounder (on the primes of this years draft positions)
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 20 Jun 2012, 9:17 pm

The Vikes don't want to trade him, and Harvin isn't going to sit out games so why ask for less than you value him. The key here is the Vikes don't want to trade him, Santonio and Tebow's teams wanted rid.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Leedscowboys Wed 20 Jun 2012, 9:51 pm

Graeme Swann's Cat wrote:The Vikes don't want to trade him, and Harvin isn't going to sit out games so why ask for less than you value him. The key here is the Vikes don't want to trade him, Santonio and Tebow's teams wanted rid.

The Vikes say they dont want to trade him but a strong enough offer, and he will be gone, why wont Harvin sit out games, if he think he can leverage a trade he will miss games, he only needs to miss most of camp, to set things in motion, teams dont like dissent or locker room issues
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 20 Jun 2012, 9:53 pm

Considering what he earns in base salary now, he'd be losing a lot of money.

Somebodys going to have to pony up at least a 2nd and change, the Vikes have no reason to give him away.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Leedscowboys Thu 21 Jun 2012, 7:24 am

He is not worth of a 2nd, he has not made the Pro Bowl and has issues with migraines so nobody is going to punt a 2nd on him. Dallas has similar issues with Mike Jenkins who has least made a Pro Bowl is also on a rookie deal, i a 1st rounder and plays in a highly skilled position and the Cowboys wont get nothing more than at least a 3rd. Now if a 25 yrs old former Pro Bowler CB on a rookie deal, is not worth a 2nd, there is no way a #2 WR is worth more.
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 21 Jun 2012, 11:15 am

Yes, but again, the Vikings absolutely don't want to trade Harvin, and have him locked down for 2 years for peanuts.

The Cowboys have invested 50m and the 5th overall in the CB position and with Jenkins the odd man out teams aren't going to trade high picks for him when his deal runs out next summer. Cowboys would either keep him as insurance or take what they can get.

Also Percy Harvin is far better than Mike Jenkins.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Thu 21 Jun 2012, 11:19 am

Pro Bowls are by and large a popularity contest.

I would give up a 4th(maybe a 3rd) and Regus Benn for Harvin. The kid can act like a scat back and is also a dynamite receiver. He had problems with concussions but he didn't miss a game last season and only missed 2 in 2010. I don't think it's that bad.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 21 Jun 2012, 11:26 am

Ultimately it comes down to leverage.

In all your examples the team holding the player's rights had little leverage. To use another of your examples, the Rams had all the leverage thanks to the Browns bid, and were able to extract a kings ransom. In this case the Vikes have all the leverage and such can sit and wait for a good offer.

Heck, even looking at football, City have to give away players like Adebayor and Bellamy because they can't afford their wages, and other teams know it.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 22 Jun 2012, 10:08 am

Technically Harvin does have a Pro Bowl, though it was as the alternate kick returner.

Does the rule still apply that you have to play a certain amount of games in the season for it to count towards free agency? If so the Vikings really do have all the cards, as if he sits out games he's just hurting himself, plus from what youve been saying he's on a pretty cheap rookie deal so isn't costing them a lot. Personally the migraine issues and the lack of an impressive year would put me off giving up a 1st, but the numbers could be put down to poor quarterback play these last two years. Its different to the situation in Dallas as Minnesota are trying to help Ponder and get him weapons as they added Simpson, but even with that Harvin is their top WR so they can't afford to let him go cheaply.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Fri 22 Jun 2012, 10:21 pm

Derbyblue wrote:Does the rule still apply that you have to play a certain amount of games in the season for it to count towards free agency?

you dont have to play but you can't be holding out. Thats why Vincent Jackson and Marcus McNeill had to give it up 2 years back so they had 8 (?) active games

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat 23 Jun 2012, 9:58 am

crazy_dave23 wrote:
Derbyblue wrote:Does the rule still apply that you have to play a certain amount of games in the season for it to count towards free agency?

you dont have to play but you can't be holding out. Thats why Vincent Jackson and Marcus McNeill had to give it up 2 years back so they had 8 (?) active games
Cheers Dave, I didnt know if they changed that in the CBA. Didnt VJax keep holding out hence he was there last season?

Harvin turned up to the final day of the Vikings camp.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down